Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,558 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? (9920 Views)

Are Islamic Prophecies Pointing To Obama? / The Reasons Why Muslim Religious Leaders Dont Have Private Jets / Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by ade95: 7:34pm On Dec 15, 2012
rafhell:

Easier said. Actions speak louder than words. The islam I know is all about violence even from inception. Instead of saying islam is peace start practicing peace
wot do u know abt the inception of islam? Tell me....am sure u no nxt 2 nothing abt...pple only use islam 2 cover 4 dere violent acts saying it in d name of jihad...dey no nothing abt jihad nd dere punishments awaits dem
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by preciousoz: 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2012
Have taken my time to really study islam and have come up with the following conclusions...

1. Islam in its purest form is not Bad. Its teaching on morality is sound.

2. Just like in other religions, some weirdos just pick up any verse in their Holy book and use it as a tool for exploitation and terror. (From what I have know, they are not true muslims.)

3. From my personal experience, its easier to find a sincere muslim out there than folks of other religion and I feel safer and more confident doing business with them (especially the Artisans).

I call on all muslims to join forces and sweep out the extremist that's painting islam Bad and be more tolerant. Be patient and take your time to educate others.

My opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by delors(m): 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2012
Ask around...Sharia cannot be practised in its totality without some form of barbarism...that is why it is selectively practised even in core muslim countries...If fully implemented, the following is likely to happen:
- suppression of fundamental human rights (privacy rights, freedom of expression, religion etc)
- reduced social creativity (ban on secular music, vidoes, applications, etc)
- there would be more social vices becos alot of pple would be put out of work (alcohol producers n sellers, secular music entrepreneurs, etc)
- crime would be perperated secretly with more intensity (e.g. fornication, adultery, smuggling of alcohol, etc)
- younger teenage girls would probably be married off to older men with ot without their consent
- crime/punishement imbalance (eg amputtate an arm for petty theft, castrate a guy or stone a lady becos of infidelity, etc)The punishments most times do not equal the crime
and the list is endless...Ask in around

1 Like

Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by lomzy1(m): 8:25pm On Dec 15, 2012
cyril83: you dey hear dey talk when tunde ur neighbour don dey carry ireti enter bedroom

LWKMD.. U bad o. U sure say no be u be tunde.. grin
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by vanstanzy(m): 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2012
They are playing it safe like the Pharisees and Sadducees. And again they don't want their supplies of wealth cut short. It happens with most of our men of God in Christianity. Well, what can i say more, its all about "GREED".
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2012
Basic: I hope the mod is at alert. I'm very sure some brainless elements will soon start insulting Islam here.
Maclatunji: wake up!
what you saying brainless? I blame you self. Copy the sharia law and live your life like the northern mali, boko boys, pakistan, afganstan, yemen, and remain like that until your child is shot like the pakistan girl that want to go to school. Just don't bring that god forraking law as nigerian constitution is above any law
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by Anvaller: 9:28pm On Dec 15, 2012
Oh Muslims of the world! Why is it very difficult for you to understand that sharia is not fundamental to ur Islamic faith? Sharia is an imposition, which has led to a gross mis-education of Muslims about their faith. I see a lot of guys here defending sharia and explaining it. But this is the issue, taking a critical examination of the sharia law itself, u would observe that some provisions in the Sharia law truly has its origin in the Quran but many other provisions have no basis in the Quran. This rubbishes the argument that Sharia is a law of God. If it is indeed a law of God, we must be able to trace all the provisions in it back to the Quran. Some other basis of sharia was coined out from the hadith and sunna wile more have been established in the early ages through fatwas. The accounts of hadith and sunnah has been contradictory including the highly revered "authentic" collections, in which there are several teachings where the prophet was claimed to have said this and that in one teaching and absolute contradiction in another teaching, such confusions are not in the Quran. It can never have been the prophet's intention to confuse us. We can not blame this on the prophet but on the unreliability of information and the source of this hadith collection. So it is then unfortunate that sharia is formed out of this codes and then attribute it to God that it is a law of God in its entirety. This is in itself a sin.

I know that it would be difficult for many Muslims to digest the fact that sharia is not fundamental to Islam in its pure form. The background recipe for such understanding has to be first, a clarification of all the issues surrounding what should be the right perception of Muslims about hadith and sunnah. That is a whole lot of another complex issue but every individual can understand this if u start asking why! seek knowledge, any findings that does not exhibit a consistency of logic, ask more question, investigate it further and you will begin to see very clearly some things u have been blind about for years. Do not just follow blindly.
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by Metallurgist: 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2012
The noble prophet of Islam say in a hadith(a narrative) " it will come upon the people a trying time where the truthful are seen like liars and the liars hold as truthful and the unpatriotic have security while the patriotic lingers and "ruwaibida" speaks for the people, and the ask him who is a ruwaibida he answered "a bad man as the head of affairs for a nation" ..... And he said in a separate narration " if my nation( i.e the muslims) are in a mess the scholars and leaders are to blame
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by Roliks09: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2012
rafhell: Sharia belong to the stone age when swords and bloodsheds reign supreme. When people were forced to follow and practice the extreme and fanatical idea of a strong violent man.
The imans themselves are like blind and empty vessels. Can a blind man lead another blind man. Definitely no!!
welcome to the new age, where guns, bombs, missiles reign supreme. We now have clear eyed leaders now, no one is being killed anywhere in the world.
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by Roliks09: 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2012
Honestly, the only reason most people have issues with the sharia is cos we are entangled in adultery/fornication. Its kinda become normal. We clamour for strict punishments for our political leaders cos we havent become a part of their 'theft'. Once everybody becomes a thief, any attempt to punish theft would seem babaric, even to the 'non-thief',cos he's surrounded by thieves..
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by vesto09(m): 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2012
preciousoz: Have taken my time to really study islam and have come up with the following conclusions...

1. Islam in its purest form is not Bad. Its teaching on morality is sound.

2. Just like in other religions, some weirdos just pick up any verse in their Holy book and use it as a tool for exploitation and terror. (From what I have know, they are not true muslims.)

3. From my personal experience, its easier to find a sincere muslim out there than folks of other religion and I feel safer and more confident doing business with them (especially the Artisans).

I call on all muslims to join forces and sweep out the extremist that's painting islam Bad and be more tolerant. Be patient and take your time to educate others.

My opinion.

May The Almighty God bless you, amin.
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 15, 2012
THEY HAVE FOR A LONG TIME!
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 16, 2012
Basic:
Bro, leave them. They're only proving that the adjective I qualified them with (brainless) fits them perfectly.
u started d insults and u'l soon hav it...make i smoke finish come
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 16, 2012
eggheaders: the Mad dogs are at there games again.abusing Islam is their hobbies. who give a damn about the opinion of uneducated brainwashed pastorpreur slaving low life's.
d egg headed man again is at it again... D yolk in d egg is sour and d albumen is already infected, wat do we expect again apart from this?
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by eggheaders(m): 2:14am On Dec 16, 2012
no time to answer some low life uneducated drug addict.
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by Nobody: 6:06am On Dec 16, 2012
eggheaders: no time to answer some low life uneducated drug addict.
shey dunhill switch cigarette is now a drug? So am now a low life cos I buy dunhill switch 300 bucks? Islam is d poisonous drug while itz followers are the addicts.
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by dejisakin(m): 6:09am On Dec 16, 2012
tbaba1234: The sharia law encompasses all aspects of law: family law, criminal law, an economic system, civil law: It is all encompassing. A lot of the negative impressions of the sharia is based on a lack of information on the legal processes of the sharia.

You spoke my mind. My problem with human in general is that we always like to look at the actions of a law if we become a victim and not the ugliness of the crime. And for the fear of experiencing the horor of such punishment attched to a crime we tend to complain that its too hash or needs to be changed or stoped. Sharia Law is only a guide for muslims and the world if adopted. The fear of the punishment is enough to make you run away from crimes. It will chase you away from sin. And there by making you closer to God Almighty. We all know that if there is no effective law guiding a nation, they are bound to go astray.understanding sharia law is one thing, implementing it is another. Wether we practice sharia law or not, no one will escape the judgement of GOD (Just my understanding pls).
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by IBROHIM: 7:06am On Dec 16, 2012
freenature:

To be honest with both of you and all those who count sharia law as something good let me tell you something, it ain't good and also Turkey,Syria,Egypt and Morocco are not muslim countries,they are circular countries where christianity,islam and jewdaism exist...so when next you want to talk about this countries be factual and also what kind of law is a law that permits a person's hand to be cut off, if both of you were accused of stealing or doing anything that warrant i quote the so called sharia law will you be happy that your hand is going to be cut off?
wouldn't you try to plead for forgiveness and ask for a second chance to be forgiven ?
and without anybody cutting of your manhood for committing adultery ,you all should know that there is a curse attached to commiting adultery even without sharia law cutting of your manhood
....so i want to let you know that if you review sharia law critically you all will know that its an outrages law that calls for an outcry an also goes against human rights. ....

Cutting of manhood? Brother is that what your pastor told u or what u know about Islam! U don't have to be a muslim but even as a christian u are not supposed to say what u don't know.
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by gabbidonbah(m): 7:46am On Dec 16, 2012
cyril83: here I come ,if you guyz don't want any insult,you shud have kept it cool in your muslim section...ban me and i sign in another,I have 7 handles specially created for a season like this...gbam
Idiot, shut up, or else i'll deal with u, fool.
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by AtheistD(m): 8:07am On Dec 16, 2012
dejisakin:
You spoke my mind. My problem with human in general is that we always like to look at the actions of a law if we become a victim and not the ugliness of the crime. And for the fear of experiencing the horor of such punishment attched to a crime we tend to complain that its too hash or needs to be changed or stoped. Sharia Law is only a guide for muslims and the world if adopted. The fear of the punishment is enough to make you run away from crimes. It will chase you away from sin. And there by making you closer to God Almighty. We all know that if there is no effective law guiding a nation, they are bound to go astray.understanding sharia law is one thing, implementing it is another. Wether we practice sharia law or not, no one will escape the judgement of GOD (Just my understanding pls).

If that is the case then the aristocratic upper class should be bound by it too.
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by bigmanahmad: 10:08am On Dec 16, 2012
IN TODAY'S WORLD, INDIVIDUAL WILL NOT REACH ANY LEVEL OF MORALITY..WE LIVE IN A WORLD THAT GIVES IT ALL AWAY,MAKING SHARIAH LAW LOOK OLD FASHIONED..FORNICATION IS NO MORE A BIG DEAL...ALCOHOL HAS RULED THE DAY,,,AND MUSLIMS ARE NOT EXEMPTED FROM THIS ACT..
IF WE WANT THE LEVEL OF MORALITY IN THE SOCIETY TO REACH A LEVEL B4 WE IMPOSE SHARIAH, WE WOULD WAIT 4 CENTURIES IF NOT EONS...WE LIVE IN THE END TIMES REMEMBER!
THERE ARE MANY MUSLIMS WHO DONT WANT THE LAW AT ALL COZ THEY LOVE THE MATERIAL WORLD AS IT IS AND THEY WOULD GO INTO ANY EXTENT TO DEMONIZE THE LAW.(AUDHUBILLAH)..TAKE THE CASE OF EGYPT FOR EXAMPLE.
FOR ME, I THINK THIS IMMORALITY AMONGST THE MUSLIM WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THEY FEEL THE PRESENCE OF A LAW PREVENTING THEM.(many muslims are simply incapable of governing them selves spiritually by the law or maybe they dont know)
CONSIDER THE PRESENT STATE OF NIGERIA, WHT DO YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN IF THE GOVERNMENT WERE TO REMOVE THE PRESENT 20YRS PENALTY FOR DRUG SMUGGLING?

tbaba1234: Hi,
i. Individual level
You see, whenever a person becomes muslim, He as an individual is bound by the sharia. This means he is required to pray, fast, give charity, care for the orphans and needy. These are all laws in the sharia. The new muslim is required to follow these laws. Gradually, the person develops the morality expected of a muslim.
So the sequence is Faith - Law - Morality

Societal level
Implementing sharia on a societal level is slightly different. Faith and morality must first be imbedded in a society if the law is to be successfully implemented. In the 1920s, the US attempted a ban on Alchohol, this ban failed woefully more alchohol was produced during tha ban than before. This is because the average american didn't see alchohol consumption as a bad thing.

You see, implementing sharia in a system where the leaders have no accountability and where corruption is rife will make a mockery of the law. A law is only as effective as the extentof its implementation.

Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by bigmanahmad: 10:11am On Dec 16, 2012
WELL SAID
SOMETIME AGO, I WAS WATCHING A PROGRAM,THEN CAME THE PRINCESS OF SAUDI ARABIA NOT WEARING THE HIJAB...IF ALL WOMEN IN SAUDI ARE TO WEAR THE HIJAB, WHY SHOULD THE PRINCESS BE EXEMPTED..DOES THAT MEAN THAT SHE DOES NOT AGREE WITH THE LAW OF GOD, OR MAY BE SHE IS ABOVE IT?? LEADERS ARE TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE..
MUSLIMS ARE BOUND BY THE LAW SPIRITUALLY WEATHER HE LIVES IN A MUSLIM MAJORITY COUNTRY OR IN A WESTERN OR EUROPEAN OR XTIAN MAJORITY COUNTRY.

Atheist:-D:
Hello to all the muslims in the house smiley

As muslims are bound spiritually by sharia law and to my knowledge it is the religious leaders who impress this on the general islamic populace. Why is it that these same religious leaders do not make the effort to enforce or highlight this same sharia law on the aristocratic upper class?

Whenever a crime or a haram act is committed by an islamic aristocrat these religious leaders rarely raise any concern. They never criticise or raise action.

Isnt sharia law for all muslims?

Atheist:-D:
Hello to all the muslims in the house smiley

As muslims are bound spiritually by sharia law and to my knowledge it is the religious leaders who impress this on the general islamic populace. Why is it that these same religious leaders do not make the effort to enforce or highlight this same sharia law on the aristocratic upper class?

Whenever a crime or a haram act is committed by an islamic aristocrat these religious leaders rarely raise any concern. They never criticise or raise action.

Isnt sharia law for all muslims?
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by dublinkmy6: 11:39am On Dec 16, 2012
GOD is not an author of confusion and inconsistency, thatz all i've got to say.
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2012
Not only failing Islam but their next generation!
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by solomonkane(m): 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2012
jerseyboy: All these confusion is pointing at the suspect nature of the foundation of this cult known as Islam begining with its founder.

Were you given birth to by an animal? This thread is supposed to be an educative one but escaped mental patients like you who have nothing going for them in their lives must always come to troll. If your life has no value, why not donate yourself to be used as a test subject in the search for a cure to cancer or HIV/AIDS?
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by nedra: 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
Babangidas daughter commits adultery, nobody dares stone her to death. A poor muslim woman commits adultery and she's killed swiftly. Sharia law is for d poor and voiceless muslims. But d sadest tin is dat both d rich and poor muslims supports it and secretly hopes they r not caught while commitin their their hypocritic sins. Smh. Tragedy of life
Re: Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? by mamatino99: 7:32pm On Dec 16, 2012
I can say that this law is of no use in nigerian musilim because they are all living under pretence,how can one judge a man who says things wile outside and imprimen laws and then go behind to do another thing all together.i wish muslims can be transparent in there life, and belive me things will chang if they embrace transparency.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What To Do Upon Seeing A Bad Dream? / The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless / Tu Baba And True Baba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.