Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? (14767 Views)

Taqiyya And Kitman: Are muslims permitted to lie? / Why Are Muslims Easily Brainwashed / I Dont Think Ahmadiyya Are Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2011
right from when i was young in the primary school, Muslim friends had always sworn never to get married to anyone outside their religion. we grew into the 21st century yet this rigid view is still being held. i like to know what cause the barrier? has God specifically decreed against such? we are trying to unite Nigeria, how do we achieve this without overcoming this ridiculous hoarding? is there any customary or religious law that prevents inter religious marriage? pls i need honest responses d honest responses
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Dyt(f): 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2011
Jst as xtains r bein rigid 2
dere s dis guy i loved n marriage wz all wz left
he said if u nt a xtain den no marriage
now ow do u define dat Mr Toba
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2011
im not saying some christians dont do that either, but its very common amongst muslims and u know this for sure. right here on nl, ur muslim sisters have always rejected an xtian no? dyt can u marry a muslim?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Dyt(f): 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2011
Did u nt read where i said i wanted 2 marry a xtain?
I m a Muslim n can marry a xtain
i c no biggy in it
*dats me enwz*
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 30, 2011
Thats good. But other muslims here have at one time or the other told me plainly that they cant date/Marry a xtian. im waiting for others to talk. i know mukina2, scashy, bhusayor and few others wouldnt mind but majority would still be against it undecided
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by vedaxcool(m): 9:49pm On Aug 30, 2011
^^^^

So you want a sensible muslimah to marry a man that would insult her deen and the Prophet pbuh? May Allah save us from the ploys of the Munafiqs.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2011
interesting. because u have alleged that i once insulted the prophet, therefore no muslima should associate with me? thats where u are getting it wrong. is it because u know here thats why u said that or it is written that whosover insults ur prophet should be considered as enemy? ur intolerance is of the highest order
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by vedaxcool(m): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2011
vedaxcool:

^^^^

So you want a sensible muslimah to marry a man that would insult her deen and the Prophet pbuh? May Allah save us from the ploys of the Munafiqs.

Tolerance is when you give respect to other peoples' view you do not agree with nor accept, Intolerance is when you consider people lesser beings for not accepting you point of view thereby disparaging everthing that resembles it. No Sensible Musilimah will associate with an individual that openly insults the prophet pbuh an our deen. Your are the intolerant individual who slanders Islam to prove the validity of your religion. Imagine a muslimah marrying such an individual what will stop from insulting your religion when you have arguments? Toba response again shows the munafiqqun laden character that he is, rather than repudiate insulting peoples deen he defends it and claim it is an act of intolerance for me questioning him for doing such, this kind of individual assumes that it is his right to insult the prophet pbuh, the deen and everything Islam stands for.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2011
Mr man pretend that we havent met here before and i approached u as a christian that im interested in a fellow muslim sister, why would u convince the sister not to date me?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Dyt(f): 10:56pm On Aug 30, 2011
Blinks
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 30, 2011
Dyt are u still single? if u are pls date me to put my enemies to shame. xtian wed muslim kiss
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:20am On Aug 31, 2011
disgusting thread.

marry within your own tribe. its not about christianity or islam. these came later on. Its fine for say, a muslim Yoruba to marry a christian Yoruba. but NOT for say, a christian Yoruba to marry a christian Igbo.

MARRY WITHIN YOUR OWN TRIBE. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 31, 2011
What are we saying and whats the pagan saying? Im asking a general question that cuts across tribe. What im saying here is that even a yoruba muslim do say he/she cant marry a yoruba xtian. tribe doesnt even come in. FYI those that have responded are all yorubas lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:04am On Aug 31, 2011
no its not supposed to cut across tribe in the first place. when it comes to marriage, its about blood. islam and christianity do not contain blood. it is our tribe that comes in on such affairs because our tribe has our blood.  islam and christian for the Yorubas came around a few 100 yrs back. but the Yorubas have been hea for 1000s of years. therefore in this case, the tribe comes first. A YORUBA MUSLIM CAN MARRY A YORUBA CHRISTIAN (and vice-versa). today you might be enemies, but in reality you are one people and one blood. remember that. angry

If a Yoruba muslim has to chose to save one, between a christian Yoruba and a muslim Hausa, he MUST chose the christian Yoruba because it is his his due to his tribe, who has nurtured him and provided him with an identity.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 31, 2011
fine. i see that u are trying to pass a message that tribe should come ahead of religion. i hope the muslims can read this and stop their discrimination. now the motive behind the thread is to ask questions from muslims or yoruba muslims why they cant marry another yoruba xtian. its obvious from vedaxcools response whos yoruba just as i am that hes one of those against such union. i hope i ve made myself clear
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:48am On Aug 31, 2011
vedaxcool is not God. you people have been decreed by Oduduwa as one people. follow your heart.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2011
toba:

right from when i was young in the primary school, Muslim friends had always sworn never to get married to anyone outside their religion. we grew into the 21st century yet this rigid view is still being held. i like to know what cause the barrier? has God specifically decreed against such? we are trying to unite Nigeria, how do we achieve this without overcoming this ridiculous hoarding? is there any customary or religious law that prevents inter religious marriage? pls i need honest responses d honest responses

Brother, I am totally disappointed in your behavior.

I remember all your posts last year , many of them very godly.

Are you backsliding or what

You should be seeking to save these blind souls, not marry them.

Have you lost your mind angry
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 10:55am On Aug 31, 2011
@ toba,

ds issue has been on nairaland for too long. Obviously, u av decided not to get the point. Islam seeks to protect its Women and save generations unborn by this.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 10:59am On Aug 31, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

no its not supposed to cut across tribe in the first place. when it comes to marriage, its about blood. islam and christianity do not contain blood. it is our tribe that comes in on such affairs because our tribe has our blood.  islam and christian for the Yorubas came around a few 100 yrs back. but the Yorubas have been hea for 1000s of years. therefore in this case, the tribe comes first. A YORUBA MUSLIM CAN MARRY A YORUBA CHRISTIAN (and vice-versa). today you might be enemies, but in reality you are one people and one blood. remember that. angry

If a Yoruba muslim has to chose to save one, between a christian Yoruba and a muslim Hausa, he MUST chose the christian Yoruba because it is his his due to his tribe, who has nurtured him and provided him with an identity.

The prophet Muhammad said- 'He is not one of us who calls to tribalism"

Obviously u are not. No good Muslim will accept your point. People should marry from other nations for the only thing that puts us in grades in the sight of GOd is piety.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 31, 2011
deols:

@ toba,
Islam seeks to protect its Women and save generations unborn by this.
smh. so people from other religion would kill ur women right? will tell them to go for suiside mission? u have no valid points as to why muslims are preventing inter religious marriage
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 11:04am On Aug 31, 2011
frosbel:

Brother, I am totally disappointed in your behavior.

I remember all your posts last year , many of them very godly.

Are you backsliding or what  

You should be seeking to save these blind souls, not marry them.

Have you lost your mind  angry

I have been seeing ur posts nd its confirmed u'r a complete bigot.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by hercules07: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2011
I do not know where toba is from, but Yorubas marry across religion well well, maybe the ones in Ilorin are a little bit more hardened in their religious ways, but, hardly will you see a yoruba family that does not have cross religion marriages, we no send. We were Yorubas first before we got our religions.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Somagirl(f): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2011
@Frosbel Loooooooooool@lost souls! *rolls eyes*

@OP listen all religions have rules and obligations that is why people follow a certain 'God' and have certain 'laws' in their ordained books!

Now are you telling me that a devout Christian would be 'willing' to marry a non-believer knowing that is the greatest sin in all religions not believing in God/Allah/Krishna , so how could you expect two of the most popular religions in the world to live happily together in a household when their significant other denounces their Lord?

In fact in Islam it is allowed for the man to marry outside of Islam because it is 'believed' by Muslims that the offspring will inherit the fathers name and therefore the fathers religion yet the same cannot be said for the women for the same reason.

Personally, I have no issue with people marrying into whatever religion/tribe/race they wish as it is our God given right to have free will in making choices but however I also have no issue with those people who choose to confine and limit their choices down to religion/tribe/race because we are all free to choose our path in life.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 11:08am On Aug 31, 2011
toba:

smh. so people from other religion would kill your women right? will tell them to go for suiside mission? u have no valid points as to why muslims are preventing inter religious marriage

Oh, didnt know u needed all d i's dotted nd d t's crossed to get my point. I thot mentionin dat it was previously dealt with is enoff. u prolly have forgottn or werent here wen a discussion like ds was had or avnt seen vedaxcool's comment on d other thread on reasons Islam disallows ds
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 31, 2011
deols:

Oh, didnt know u needed all d i's dotted nd d t's crossed to get my point. I thot mentionin dat it was previously dealt with is enoff. u prolly have forgottn or werent here wen a discussion like ds was had or avnt seen vedaxcool's comment on d other thread on reasons Islam disallows ds
did God tell not to allow such? im not interested in what vedaxcool has got to say. do u think of even winning souls or converts into islam by preventing such unions?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by auwal87(m): 11:16am On Aug 31, 2011
In Islam, Muslim Men are allowed to marry Women from the Christian and Jewish religions
In Islam, Muslim Women are not allowed to marry any Man who is not a Muslim, not even if he promises to convert after getting married, he must be a Muslim in order to legally marry a Muslim Woman, and he has to be sincere about it. In case he revert back to Christianity or Judaism after the marriage, the Woman has every right to seek divorce at any court of law. I am no scholar, so this is what I knew about, May Allah forgive me if I made any mistake.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 31, 2011
hercules07:

I do not know where toba is from, but Yorubas marry across religion well well, maybe the ones in Ilorin are a little bit more hardened in their religious ways, but, hardly will you see a yoruba family that does not have cross religion marriages, we no send. We were Yorubas first before we got our religions.
thats exactly what pagan9ja is saying. tribe comes before religion. solid point. im sure our muslim sister would disagree with you
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 31, 2011
auwal87:

In Islam, Muslim Men are allowed to marry Women from the Christian and Jewish religions
In Islam, Muslim Women are not allowed to marry any Man who is not a Muslim, not even if he promises to convert after getting married, he must be a Muslim in order to legally marry a Muslim Woman, and he has to be sincere about it. In case he revert back to Christianity or Judaism after the marriage, the Woman has every right to seek divorce at any court of law. I am no scholar, so this is what I knew about, May Allah forgive me if I made any mistake.
hope u are not just making things up. can u quote the law that states what u ve just posted? ok we are nigerians is there any law prevent such?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Somagirl(f): 11:23am On Aug 31, 2011
Tribe does not come before religion in Islam tribalism/nationalism  is a grievous sin according to the Qur'aan so stop confusing culture for religion. You come across very ignorant and misinformed.  wink
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Kellymann: 11:24am On Aug 31, 2011
@   toba,   I   believe   every   race,   tribe   or   religion   has   a right   to   determine   the   set   of   pple   they   marry.  

As   for   Muslims,   it   is   a   clear   cut   injunction   dat   Muslims   shd   marry   only   Muslims   &   are   not   allowed  to marry non-muslims.   This  however   does  not   mean that   they   shd   treat  them   wit  hatred.  Islam  enjoins  peaceful   co-existence   with  pple  of   other  faiths  be  they  xtians,  jews,  etc.   By  respecting  their  views/opinions  even  if  they  dont  agree   with them.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 11:32am On Aug 31, 2011
auwal87:

u are so right, Even the christians and jews Men are allowed to marry are d earlier ones who are monotheist and do not believe in trinity
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by auwal87(m): 11:33am On Aug 31, 2011
toba:

hope u are not just making things up. can u quote the law that states what u ve just posted? ok we are nigerians is there any law prevent such?

"and give not (your daughters) in marriage to disbelievers till they believe in Allah alone and verily a believing slave is better than a (free) disbeliever, even though he pleases you" [Qur'an 2:221]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Tips On Being A Successful Husband / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric / Marry The 7 Types Of Pearls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.