Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car (40954 Views)

PHOTOS: Popular Abu Made Car Being Towed with Another Car / PHOTOS: Nigerian Made "Flying Car" Seen In Lagos Metropolis / First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by cecegorz(m): 10:19am On Dec 13, 2012
alienvirus: Back view
Choi!
LWFMH.
It seems you also used Nigerian made camera to shoot as all your pictures could get is half of the Limo at each time
Or is it that the length of the car is in Kilometers shocked
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by omenka(m): 10:30am On Dec 13, 2012
Looks like somthing out of the movie Troy!
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by otosa(m): 11:00am On Dec 13, 2012
It's matter of time, very soon we shall get there.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by razznaija(f): 11:15am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by cornial: 11:33am On Dec 13, 2012
thank God 4 this person. the effort will make people laugh away nigeria challenges
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Olumikedos(m): 12:23pm On Dec 13, 2012
wonderfool
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by thirdeye(m): 12:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
I have seen this vehicle before, the inventor called it amphibious. I actually got a cd that showed it moving on water, so kudos to the guy. At least someone is thinking.....
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2012
Leadn:

You're a disgrace to Mech Engineers which I would soon become by God's grace...
If you can't applaud this awesome invention please keep your remarks to yourself!

Have you ever invented anything that comes close to a moving vehicle "from scratch" not fitting already made engines and all? MOFO!

No need to get abusive. Homerac7 is very correct in his analysis. Just because one hasn't built an automobile does not mean one's less qualified to comment. At least, Homerac7 was civil, which is more than I can say about your outburst.

Major manufacturers of anything - automobile, aircraft, trains, mobile phones, TV's, audio equipment etc take criticism on a daily basis, and believe me, some of the critics are tougher than all the negative comments here could ever be. And guess what? Criticism is taken on board, and it makes for a better end product. So what the heck are you screaming about?

That contraption shouldn't be tested on a public road, regardless of how it's propelled. It's irresponsible, dangerous and shows a blatant disregard to human life. And I suppose if this ever flies, it'll be tested in airspace above a crowded city. No regulations, no certification, nothing. If Nigerians are not prepared to accept criticism, constructive or otherwise, and follow basic protocol, then I'm afraid manufacturing automobile of any sort is just a pie in the sky.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hmmmmm.... I guess I was the only one who knew the car was three-in-one(car, boat, and aircraft) just by looking at it, without having to read about the background story...

And you said Nigerians are intelligent and smart, no?? - Bwahahahahaha.... Nigerian are just lousy folks who are able to read and write - nothing more...

A look at the propeller should tell everyone who did elementary physics what the car is about...

Btw, nice invention(if the engine was created by the guy himself)...
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Popoolaoladayo(m): 1:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
this is rubbish o.better the basket golf.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by xuqceev6: 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
kai,my beloved country naija,dis na keke nahell,u knw wat i mean?? ride 2 early grave,looks lyk bullet proof though..lmao :-Xkai,my beloved country naija,dis na keke nahell,u knw wat i mean?? ride 2 early grave,looks lyk bullet proof though..lmao
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by homerac7: 2:48pm On Dec 13, 2012
Siena:

No need to get abusive. Homerac7 is very correct in his analysis. Just because one hasn't built an automobile does not mean one's less qualified to comment. At least, Homerac7 was civil, which is more than I can say about your outburst.

Major manufacturers of anything - automobile, aircraft, trains, mobile phones, TV's, audio equipment etc take criticism on a daily basis, and believe me, some of the critics are tougher than all the negative comments here could ever be. And guess what? Criticism is taken on board, and it makes for a better end product. So what the heck are you screaming about?

That contraption shouldn't be tested on a public road, regardless of how it's propelled. It's irresponsible, dangerous and shows a blatant disregard to human life. And I suppose if this ever flies, it'll be tested in airspace above a crowded city. No regulations, no certification, nothing. If Nigerians are not prepared to accept criticism, constructive or otherwise, and follow basic protocol, then I'm afraid manufacturing automobile of any sort is just a pie in the sky.

Thank you very much for your matured response to a foolish tirade by another unteachable undergraduate. I guess you aren't an engineer, but I would rather work with handful of your kind of person and be assured of a successful task than work with million of the other guy type because failure is inevitable with such idiotoc reasoning capability. I don't mean to sink low to his depth, I'm only being practical as a professional in my trade of training.

Leadn:

You're a disgrace to Mech Engineers which I would soon become by God's grace...
If you can't applaud this awesome invention please keep your remarks to yourself!

Have you ever invented anything that comes close to a moving vehicle "from scratch" not fitting already made engines and all? MOFO!

Oh you jester! I don't really know how to start to address your folly because it bewilders the most incredible mind.

First, you seem to have failed from start in a beautiful career of engineering by what you displayed in that short burst of gross stu]pidity. Why, ..you may ask. These are it...

(i) One of the earliest things you are taught in any school of engineering is to shut up and listen when your professional seniors are talking, you might ask your questions later.

(ii) When you feel different about an opinion with a senior professional colleague, ask him his reason for his opinion, then you will learn a lesson.

(iii) For you to see terrible craftsmanship and not discern it is sign of either inexperience or stupidity. but i guess in your case, both is the case.

(iv) You obviously know next to nothing about principles of engineering design, yet you open your mouth to speak in a matter that is superior to your knowledge. Its a glaring symptom of foolishness.

(v) Now I think you are either a dumb engineering student or just a cheap lier otherwise how come you don' know what "invention" means?

(v) I need not present my CV to you, but it will suffice to say that if you and I are to be in same school as at today, I will be one of the lecturers you worship and beg God to be gifted as. NEVER, ...and NEVER EVER you bring your foolishness my way again on this forum especially when Engineering is being discussed. I will definitely not entertain your unfortunate ignorance as I have done today with benefit of professional fraternity tolerance, I don't tolerate iidiots.

Be wise

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Debeloved87(m): 3:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
I really pity those that have been rubbishing this invention. if its scrap body material is removed and replaced with correct imported vehicle parts with some few finishing touches, i guess only few people in Nigeria will be able to afford it...
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Barywhyte(m): 3:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
tellwisdom:

And you call that a car?? ….Guy, slap yourself sad sad

And it is da likes of you that will come bk and claim that Nigeria is technologically backward. Learn to appreciate days of little beginning. How many Nigerian Professors of Mechanical/Automobile Engineering can practically demonstrate such a skill? In a sane society, he would have been encouraged and given a scholarship to go into research in this field. Just shut up ur mouth
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Phrankin(m): 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
jaymdee: I saw this car in Ikeja yesterday. The bold inscription in front "The Pride of the Federal Republic of Nigeria" made me angry. What d hell does he mean? Is that our pride
[size=17pt]Then tell us your pride as a Nigerian. tell us WHAT!!![/size]
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2012
Lots of you guys are getting your wires crossed. This is not about patriotism - it's about common sense, and practicallity. Learn to look beyond the patriot angle, and see things for what they are.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Udefi(m): 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
cyril83: how does your stayin in abroad reduce d high rate of chinco product in naija...mumu
because of chinco, dats why u get monkey fore-head, atu-ru.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by ade6606: 6:13am On Dec 14, 2012
Is the camera man a JJC in Lagos?, maybe that car is the best he has ever seen in his life. He must have loved it as a gift.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by ade6606: 6:21am On Dec 14, 2012
My pride as nigerian is that in the whole world,this coutry is fully endowed with nature: green, black gold, good weather etc. May God rule this Nation HIMSELF is d best prayer to make her citizens proud d most.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by harlos: 6:42am On Dec 14, 2012
WTF! Wey FRSC and so called LASTMA.
If this one should hit person e go jst dey carry am dey go.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by nursemyke: 1:06am On Dec 15, 2012
Guys i have seen this "car" on different occasions both in front of the Lagos Island Maternity and around computer village Ikeja while coming from LASUTH. The designer has a good concept and imagery but he is a total jester. I interacted with him in Ikeja and I got to understand that this guy is ........ He made series of claims which critically were not justified. Such as IBB coming for his exhibition and promising him millions of Naira, he display pictures of some Öyinbos" patronizing him. He also claim to be an engineer in LASU also a lecturer in LASU. Abeg this guy has good idea for the Nigeria transport wahala but just put up this crap to attract cheap attention and do some kind of corporate begging too. Get close to him and you will understand what I mean.
Someone who is designing an amphibian automobile that will travel both on Land, Water and Air does not know what Torque, Thrust and all other dynamics terms are?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by vizboy(m): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2012
booqee: if its not a car, then it is wat?? A plane or a ship?? Its on four wheel, has an engine and a steering to propel it forward. Then its a damn car. What have you invented?!
If nigeria isn't a failed state, she'd have found ways to encourage his invention and help make it better..but if we fellow nigerians are making jest of it, then how can we improve in technology. Jeez, dis is a start of something. The japanese started from something like dis too..i'm certain.
So i guess, till the end of time, we'll keep importing everything we need. The only thing we're gud at inventing is insult and abuses while the populace of the countries at the core of the global economy are busy finding ways to improve and better the political economy of their respective nations, and invent more gud ideas and invention, for we foolish peripheral countries to keep buying and importing for life. Damn!
nice talk
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by vizboy(m): 10:48am On Dec 15, 2012
homerac7:

Thank you very much for your matured response to a foolish tirade by another unteachable undergraduate. I guess you aren't an engineer, but I would rather work with handful of your kind of person and be assured of a successful task than work with million of the other guy type because failure is inevitable with such idiotoc reasoning capability. I don't mean to sink low to his depth, I'm only being practical as a professional in my trade of training.

Oh you jester! I don't really know how to start to address your folly because it bewilders the most incredible mind.

First, you seem to have failed from start in a beautiful career of engineering by what you displayed in that short burst of gross stu]pidity. Why, ..you may ask. These are it...

(i) One of the earliest things you are taught in any school of engineering is to shut up and listen when your professional seniors are talking, you might ask your questions later.

(ii) When you feel different about an opinion with a senior professional colleague, ask him his reason for his opinion, then you will learn a lesson.

(iii) For you to see terrible craftsmanship and not discern it is sign of either inexperience or stupidity. but i guess in your case, both is the case.

(iv) You obviously know next to nothing about principles of engineering design, yet you open your mouth to speak in a matter that is superior to your knowledge. Its a glaring symptom of foolishness.

(v) Now I think you are either a dumb engineering student or just a cheap lier otherwise how come you don' know what "invention" means?

(v) I need not present my CV to you, but it will suffice to say that if you and I are to be in same school as at today, I will be one of the lecturers you worship and beg God to be gifted as. NEVER, ...and NEVER EVER you bring your foolishness my way again on this forum especially when Engineering is being discussed. I will definitely not entertain your unfortunate ignorance as I have done today with benefit of professional fraternity tolerance, I don't tolerate iidiots.

Be wise
You call yourselve a senior engineer and yet you dont see the beauty in these creation them i would actually say --> YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2012
vizboy:
You call yourselve a senior engineer and yet you dont see the beauty in these creation them i would actually say --> YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT

Bro, relax and take stock. Engineers generally see things in a practical light, theories abound. And honestly, I can't see anything beautiful about this creation. But then, I didn't study Art, maybe that's why this has no appeal to me. Technical Drawing yes, but definitely not this. Because this is closer to Abstract Art than anything else.

I'm glad you used the term "creation", because that's exactly what it is. smiley
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by vizboy(m): 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2012
Siena:

Bro, relax and take stock. Engineers generally see things in a practical light, theories abound. And honestly, I can't see anything beautiful about this creation. But then, I didn't study Art, maybe that's why this has no appeal to me. Technical Drawing yes, but definitely not this. Because this is closer to Abstract Art than anything else.

I'm glad you used the term "creation", because that's exactly what it is. smiley

You call yourselve an engineer have you ever sat down and put together an invention from the basic without having to imitate what others have created. Or do you think having to couple a few already made body part to a beautiful automobile that makes your an engineer HELL NO. Take a look @ aristotle do you think it was because he made use of already made up idea that made him a great man HELL NO but because he was able to turn his own idea to facts and inventions and that what exactly these guy has done he turned his own idea to a creation. As a fellow engineer you should be thinking about how to learn from him not bad mouthing his creation only an engineer with low mentality will do that

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2012
vizboy: You call yourselve an engineer have you ever sat down and put together an invention from the basic without having to imitate what others have created. Or do you think having to couple a few already made body part to a beautiful automobile that makes your an engineer HELL NO. Take a look @ aristotle do you think it was because he made use of already made up idea that made him a great man HELL NO but because he was able to turn his own idea to facts and inventions and that what exactly these guy has done he turned his own idea to a creation. As a fellow engineer you should be thinking about how to learn from him not bad mouthing his creation only an engineer with low mentality will do that

A good engineer (or even a technician) can take criticism in his or her stride. That's life. If you read my posts again, and S-L-O-W-L-Y this time, you'll see I did not insult the guy. I simply gave my own opinion on his creation. As for low mentality, that's most likely you. Regardless of how far you go in your chosen field (and I hope you get to the top someday) you're always going to come up against criticism.

If you're not criticised, you can't excel at what you do. It's up to you as an engineer to get your point across to any critic, in clear practical and theoritical terms, and silence doubts. Not get defensive and abusive. If you can't do this, then I'm afraid you're in for an extremely bumpy ride.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by homerac7: 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
vizboy:

and another cretin creeps out from d sewer.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by gbonsalifus(m): 12:00am On Dec 16, 2012
I bet none of you has seen a Hyundai Jeep either. it takes some special skills to see one of those. check it out here http://101carsense..com/2012/12/suv-jeep-misuse.html

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by alstacs(m): 7:44am On Dec 17, 2012
I'm not an engineer but I know the world of engineering designs has moved far. IF you are building or creating or inventing, you need to build on basic principles and measure against what is known and acceptable presently.
In late primary and early secondary school when our knowledge was still very limited and our views narrow, we conceived lots of unimaginable things like this contraption. A classmate was even going to build a camera that would use a regular photographic film- laughable!
Unfortunately, after almost 30 years that we left that stage, an adult goes back to that level and people think he is to be celebrated.
I see a lot of people we should look up to disrespecting their seniors in experience and knowledge. Children think of outcome without consequences; they think of events in isolation without due consideration for external influence.
What a young man doesn't see standing up, an adult see even while siting down.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by akansongs: 10:50am On Dec 17, 2012
Nice one,bro! Atleast he did something.Keep it up
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by vizboy(m): 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2012
alstacs: I'm not an engineer but I know the world of engineering designs has moved far. IF you are building or creating or inventing, you need to build on basic principles and measure against what is known and acceptable presently.
In late primary and early secondary school when our knowledge was still very limited and our views narrow, we conceived lots of unimaginable things like this contraption. A classmate was even going to build a camera that would use a regular photographic film- laughable!
Unfortunately, after almost 30 years that we left that stage, an adult goes back to that level and people think he is to be celebrated.
I see a lot of people we should look up to disrespecting their seniors in experience and knowledge. Children think of outcome without consequences; they think of events in isolation without due consideration for external influence.
What a young man doesn't see standing up, an adult see even while siting down.

talking about the present how many companies have been able to build a car that works on land and sea or do you think if the guy was to have a good backer the appearance of the car would have been the same. That is why the white are better than us if it were to be a white that did these work you would have been flourishing him with priase but he is black you dont see his value

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by ba7man(m): 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2012
Siena:

A good engineer (or even a technician) can take criticism in his or her stride. That's life. If you read my posts again, and S-L-O-W-L-Y this time, you'll see I did not insult the guy. I simply gave my own opinion on his creation. As for low mentality, that's most likely you. Regardless of how far you go in your chosen field (and I hope you get to the top someday) you're always going to come up against criticism.

If you're not criticised, you can't excel at what you do. It's up to you as an engineer to get your point across to any critic, in clear practical and theoritical terms, and silence doubts. Not get defensive and abusive. If you can't do this, then I'm afraid you're in for an extremely bumpy ride.
Mr Siena, How's our Ferrari Enzo burster commin along??...I'm goin to go check out your progress now. I understand your point of view on this though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? / Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX / Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.