Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,253 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 (13538 Views)

Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC / Forbes Names Okonjo-iweala Most Powerful Woman in Africa 48th in the World 2015 / Influential Women To Watch In Buhari’s Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by free2ryhme: 9:28am On Dec 13, 2012
Pls post d forbe weblink for dis fabricated tales by moonlight
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by nosagold(m): 9:29am On Dec 13, 2012
I have said b4 that nairaland is one of the best websites in africa, this site shoulda gotten international recognition like some people said b4, this site has quality members, intelligent members, commedians lol, eachtime I want to laugh d nxt tin dat comes Ť☺ my mind is nairaland, I can't believe I lauphed inside a church just becus of price of garri tin lol

Oga seun congrats Ť☺ you man ßŮϯ pls you need to sack most of yur mods, they might run dz site down 4 u, free speech should βξ allowed

3 Likes

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by maclatunji: 9:31am On Dec 13, 2012
But Nairaland was referred to in the article not listed as a "start-up to watch", Nairaland is big but definitely not a start-up as far as I am concerned.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by richardoz(m): 9:32am On Dec 13, 2012
Nairaland is getting there gradually. Congrats.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 13, 2012
maclatunji: But Nairaland was referred to in the article not listed as a "start-up to watch", Nairaland is big but definitely not a start-up as far as I am concerned.
Thought your id was mentioned as a bully here. Folks like u will run down this guys years of hardwork if you don't change your attitude. Now, you coming up here to over-exaggerate Nairaland when the fact remains that if you keep acting the way you do, Nairaland is gonna be history
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by maclatunji: 9:46am On Dec 13, 2012
cryptic: Thought your id was mentioned as a bully here. Folks like u will run down this guys years of hardwork if you don't change your attitude. Now, you coming up here to over-exaggerate Nairaland when the fact remains that if you keep acting the way you do, Nairaland is gonna be history

LOL. Some people can't sleep without screaming my username. If people like me do what we do and Nairaland keeps growing, isn't it an indication that you lot should go and recaliberate your thought-processes? #Hehehehe
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by mrrock: 9:48am On Dec 13, 2012
This's definitely a goodnews. And the potential for growth exists. All Seun need do is tap into them.
To succeed, I will advise you thus:
-Don't be greedy.
-Don't do all things alone, you can't do it alone if you must go higher than this.
-Partner with people with good ideas and the know-how.

Note.
There are many things you need do like adding more features to site, geo-targeting your ads, automating the system and making ads more flexible and cheap. This's what google do and it's completely possible. This alone will make you more money than the current regime.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 13, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL. Some people can't sleep without screaming my username. If people like me do what we do and Nairaland keeps growing, isn't it an indication that you lot should go and recaliberate your thought-processes? #Hehehehe

It's not what YOU are doing that keeps Nairaland growing, its our innate need to connect with our kind that keeps us here, and quite frankly you and your kind are the only flies in the Nairaland ointment.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by buzor(m): 9:52am On Dec 13, 2012
Don't mind d guy talking trash
Has Seun ever told him he's from poor home.

GudluckIBB:

Oh! Is Seun from a poor Home?what has background gat to do with this?
Some people reason with their Anus Sha!
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 13, 2012
seedord247: This shows that you can be whatever you wanna be no matter your family background..... cool

What are you trying to say about our family background
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Booty4me: 9:55am On Dec 13, 2012
maclatunji: But Nairaland was referred to in the article not listed as a "start-up to watch", Nairaland is big but definitely not a start-up as far as I am concerned.
macktunji.. Plz change.. U ban me 4 almost 2month haba
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 13, 2012
seedord247: This shows that you can be whatever you wanna be no matter your family background..... cool

What are you trying to say about our family background
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Gbawe: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2012
I don't understand those openly displaying bad belle for Seun and his forum here. It is his platform and he can do what he wants with it. He may not even be motivated by what some assume he is. He may have other endeavours that means this might be a hobby to him. Many here are too into pessimism and making negative assumptions about others when they may be zeros themselves with no achievement to their names, whatsoever, in life.

A bit like the frustrated 9-5 man, too scared to take risk, having a go at Richard Branson, Tony Elumelu or Mo Ibrahim.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by solomonkane(m): 10:07am On Dec 13, 2012
Billyonaire: If NL is called one of the best start up Techsn then am ashamed. The mods are intolerant, the NLanders are so pessimistic and the site has no mobile app. Owners of this site needs to drive away kids and attrack better social commentators. An average NLander has 2. Handles so just gues the real members in a world of 7b people.

How does the pessimism of the NLers affect the site's growth potential? Visit Yahoo and see pessimism in 3D or even Twitter, then come back and talk.
What do you mean by better social commentators?
If you have come up with an ingenious method of conducting e-MRIs to determine the age of a poster, please do fill us in..

I agree with the mobile application thing though, it is long overdue and the MODs could also be better.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by maclatunji: 10:10am On Dec 13, 2012
shagarri:

It's not what YOU are doing that keeps Nairaland growing, its our innate need to connect with our kind that keeps us here, and quite frankly you and your kind are the only flies in the Nairaland ointment.

LOL. Forget me as a moderator, how do we compare if placed head-to-head as two posters?

It is funny that people take Nairaland's position for granted. True, Seun has good luck with Nairaland but behind that luck is a lot of hardwork and shrewd decision making. Nairaland has competition and it is doing well to stay ahead of them. Can there be faster growth and improvement? Yes! However, we cannot stampede the owner into taking decisions that he is not convinced are the best for his business.

If you feel you can do better, go out there and achieve it. I am a moderator here but if I see something that works better out of the Nairaland platform, I go ahead and do it whilst giving suggestions here where relevant or requested.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Leboska(m): 10:14am On Dec 13, 2012
congratulation
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Tgirl4real(f): 10:33am On Dec 13, 2012
maclatunji: But Nairaland was referred to in the article not listed as a "start-up to watch",

I wonder o. Do people read at all? undecided

What kinda country is this?
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 13, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL. Forget me as a moderator, how do we compare if placed head-to-head as two posters?

It is funny that people take Nairaland's position for granted. True, Seun has good luck with Nairaland but behind that luck is a lot of hardwork and shrewd decision making. Nairaland has competition and it is doing well to stay ahead of them. Can there be faster growth and improvement? Yes! However, we cannot stampede the owner into taking decisions that he is not convinced are the best for his business.

If you feel you can do better, go out there and achieve it. I am a moderator here but if I see something that works better out of the Nairaland platform, I go ahead and do it whilst giving suggestions here where relevant or requested.

Whatever hardwork you put in is still dependent on the users. Whatever success you have depends on the "crazy poster" who sees a funny story, posts it and generates over 100,000 views or on the "Bigots" who hold opposing views and argue for days generating 20 pages, or sports fans arguing about football clubs.

"WE" MAKE NAIRALAND: the political supporters, bigots, pranksters, romance freaks, Garri people, first to comment people, aethists, animists, islam folks, tb joshua folks, crazy people........

JUST SHOW US RESPECT, THATS ALL....and always realize that "WE" drive the site. 'If you like', optimize the visuals or algorithms or topic selection process; without our input, nothing happens.

Platform is super, MODS can improve.

So rather than working so hard, why not leverage on the thousands of people visiting everyday to drive ideas, brainstorming sessions or idea mining rather than encouraging user's perception of you and some others as being tyrants, that crush all non-conformers.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Deffwill(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: ボおけd

undecided
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 10:50am On Dec 13, 2012
If Nairaland is a startup then Microsoft is also a startup. It was just a honorable mention and what not part of the five tech startups to watch out in 2013.

I think Nairaland has gotten to it's highest point and there doesn't seem to be a plan to diversify and create new products. In years, to come Nairaland will become more irrelevant except it takes the bull by the horn and diversify.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 13, 2012
Kudos Seun, MODS, NLers and our NL regular visitors !
It can only get better.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by mrperfect(m): 11:09am On Dec 13, 2012
I love to read a news like this. I'm very happy.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Tgirl4real(f): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2012
mrperfect: I love to read a news like this. I'm very help.

angry sad shocked
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by nollywood20: 11:21am On Dec 13, 2012
Is Nairaland a tech-startup?
Why do Nigerians like fooling themselves instead of being honest for their own good?
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by maclatunji: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2012
shagarri:

Whatever hardwork you put in is still dependent on the users. Whatever success you have depends on the "crazy poster" who sees a funny story, posts it and generates over 100,000 views or on the "Bigots" who hold opposing views and argue for days generating 20 pages, or sports fans arguing about football clubs.

"WE" MAKE NAIRALAND: the political supporters, bigots, pranksters, romance freaks, Garri people, first to comment people, aethists, animists, islam folks, tb joshua folks, crazy people........

JUST SHOW US RESPECT, THATS ALL....and always realize that "WE" drive the site. 'If you like', optimize the visuals or algorithms or topic selection process; without our input, nothing happens.

Platform is super, MODS can improve.

So rather than working so hard, why not leverage on the thousands of people visiting everyday to drive ideas, brainstorming sessions or idea mining rather than encouraging user's perception of you and some others as being tyrants, that crush all non-conformers.

You can't make an omelette without breaking an egg. You as a user will have to accept that you cannot always have your way. You have decided to appoint yourself as the spokesperson of over 500,000 people. What matters is not your personal opinion disguised as "the voice of the people" but the benchmarks that don't lie which put Nairaland on top of any other Nigerian platform.

Despite the vocal complaints, you all keep coming back. The management is effective whether you admit it or not.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Mavrick2012: 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2012
Mcdondayan:
especially maclatunji. He should be sent to central mosque abuja.
Congrats Oluwaseun Osewa.
u min dat crass,bigotd,parochial,dimwit,nitwitd,fanatical cretin?i wonda how such specie can b mod in a social n educated vicinity.smh
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by nep2ra(m): 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2012
Congratulations Seun for the international recognition of Nairaland. You took an idea from concept to reality. I salute you for the hardwork and dogged determination for making this forum a success.
Please, be open to constructive criticism and complaints by the users of this forum.
What are your plans for Nairaland TV? I thought you had one. People like to watch content these days. That's one area of diversification you should consider.
Thank you and keep shining.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by manny4life(m): 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2012
maclatunji:

[size=16pt]You can't make an omelette without breaking an egg.[/size]You as a user will have to accept that you cannot always have your way. You have decided to appoint yourself as the spokesperson of over 500,000 people. What matters is not your personal opinion disguised as "the voice of the people" but the benchmarks that don't lie which put Nairaland on top of any other Nigerian platform.

Despite the vocal complaints, you all keep coming back. The management is effective whether you admit it or not.

How do you make an omelet without breaking an egg?

Please, what kind of omelet is that?
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
maclatunji:

You can't make an omelette without breaking an egg. You as a user will have to accept that you cannot always have your way. You have decided to appoint yourself as the spokesperson of over 500,000 people. What matters is not your personal opinion disguised as "the voice of the people" but the benchmarks that don't lie which put Nairaland on top of any other Nigerian platform.

Mr Maclatunji, it's not your benchmarks that placed Nairaland tops, but the need for people to connect with each other.

Nairaland serves that need best and that's it's key selling points. Nigerians will always visit this site till there is an alternative.

Mods on the other hand are gatekeepers selected from users. Your job is to maintain rules and keep the peace, not becoming a major cause of conflict.

If you tell me "this is a private site, we do what we want", then that's fine. However if you claim to be user centric then you (as a mod), should listen to the myriad of people complaining about you and sexkillz and learn to be more diplomatic and courteous.

It's the socially responsible thing to do.

NB
if Nairaland is a microcosm of Nigeria, then don't expect every one to be a "Soyinka". Some will be dropouts and some almajiris even some outright crazy ones. It doesn't stop them from having a voice.

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by aglomar: 2:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
Well deserved

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Provide The Names Of Political Prisoners, Presidency Tells PDP / Rep Member, Tajudeen Adefisoye (Small Alhaji) Dumps SDP For APC / Nigeria Set To Get 15 Rivs As CG Fire Service, Liman Completes Inspection Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.