Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,969 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 (13527 Views)

Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC / Forbes Names Okonjo-iweala Most Powerful Woman in Africa 48th in the World 2015 / Influential Women To Watch In Buhari’s Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Awoofawo(m): 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2012
shagarri:

Mr Maclatunji, it's not your benchmarks that placed Nairaland tops, but the need for people to connect with each other.

Nairaland serves that need best and that's it's key selling points. Nigerians will always visit this site till there is an alternative.

Mods on the other hand are gatekeepers selected from users. Your job is to maintain rules and keep the peace, not becoming a major cause of conflict.

If you tell me "this is a private site, we do what we want", then that's fine. However if you claim to be user centric then you (as a mod), should listen to the myriad of people complaining about you and sexkillz and learn to be more diplomatic and courteous.

It's the socially responsible thing to do.

NB
if Nairaland is a microcosm of Nigeria, then don't expect every one to be a "Soyinka". Some will be dropouts and some almajiris even some outright crazy ones. It doesn't stop them from having a voice.

second!!

And going by legion of complaints against some moderators, (imo) it's about time democratical doctrine/culture should be enshrined in (s)election of moderators on nairaland. Every moderator should be elect to 2year term by users and at the end of their tenure users could/should either re-elect them or show them the way out. There is need to put in place mechanism to discourage tyranical tendency and encourage those that performing! Just my 50cent o! And by the way I'm contesting for the post of Garriland Minister of finance+treasurer when those posts are open for......! Garri Ijebu, odun lati mu, odun lati mu pelu eja dindin.... Up team garri !!! *I'm saluting the G.O.C of biggest Garri-son on Republic of Garriland*
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by seunfly: 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2012
hagma37@yahoo.com:
Abeg Seun we need apps for this forum. Get proffesionals to develop NL apps for you i.e NL blackberryapps,NL android apps,NL all these device apps.

Oluwaseun if you are reading this, then this is the best advice for you. You can design an app that will dictect the favourite section and will update latest thread on that section. There are many things you can add that will make it exciting.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by ignis: 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
niceprof: \

Linda ikeji and irokotv are owned by igbos,so they are in business to make money,sometimes i think seun is more of a nice guy and the way he is going he might one day put up nairaland for sale.
How do you mean?
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Lamasta(m): 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2012
Are they sleeping before?
This is long overdue but Seun they fumble with close to 1000000 subscribers at least we suppose to thon dey see your name for Forbes young richest africans abi you dey wait for Government self?
Anyway Nairaland has been a wonderful forum keep it up Seun more grease to your elbow

1 Like

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by maclatunji: 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2012
shagarri:

Mr Maclatunji, it's not your benchmarks that placed Nairaland tops, but the need for people to connect with each other.

Nairaland serves that need best and that's it's key selling points. Nigerians will always visit this site till there is an alternative.

Mods on the other hand are gatekeepers selected from users. Your job is to maintain rules and keep the peace, not becoming a major cause of conflict.

If you tell me "this is a private site, we do what we want", then that's fine. However if you claim to be user centric then you (as a mod), should listen to the myriad of people complaining about you and sexkillz and learn to be more diplomatic and courteous.

It's the socially responsible thing to do.

NB
if Nairaland is a microcosm of Nigeria, then don't expect every one to be a "Soyinka". Some will be dropouts and some almajiris even some outright crazy ones. It doesn't stop them from having a voice.

The benchmarks or more appropriately metrics tell us how you are interacting. I do my own personal research on Nairaland and other websites and I know that Nairaland is very strong in terms of user engagement, my bans or that of any other moderator won't change that. Bans are necessary tools to ensure order and serve as deterrents to obstinate rule breakers.

If you behave, we will have few or no problems at all.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2012
maclatunji:

The benchmarks or more appropriately metrics tell us how you are interacting. I do my own personal research on Nairaland and other websites and I know that Nairaland is very strong in terms of user engagement, my bans or that of any other moderator won't change that. Bans are necessary tools to ensure order and serve as deterrents to obstinate rule breakers.

If you behave, we will have few or no problems at all.

Ok. More power to your elbows...and good night!

Feel free to have the last word.

"Unfollowing"

1 Like

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by akintun: 9:31pm On Dec 13, 2012
akintun: Majority of d ratings on Forbes, with regard to African is done by an individual called mfonobong nsehe. All his ratings are not official Forbes ratings. He is a contributor to Forbes. I only know of one official Africa ratings, and dat is d 40 richest people in Africa.

No, it is official, at least for Forbes Africa.

Mfonobong worked briefly in my former company (Corporate Communications department) before joining Forbes Africa.

He was also the one that did Nigeria's Richest pastors, Wale Tinubu: King of African Oil etc for Forbes.

D guy ratings are not official, and by d way wat is Forbes Africa. Forbes Africa are in Africa to collect money from award thirsty Africa's. Dey send their officials to rich African men to collect money 4 useless awards. Their award is usually given to one of d highest bidders. I visit Forbes almost everyday and I have never seen any link on their website to Forbes Africa. I seen links to countries like china , Russia, and India but never to Africa.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by comm: 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2012
BlackPikiN: Honestly Seun is not doing well.

Linda Ikeji and IrokoTV of yesterday are making serious money.

Thank God say Seun eyes open small.
There are still enough ways to make money on NL but Seun too dey fear to make bold/radical changes.
Seun should wake up!
and what do u recommend: bill for new user registration, posting capacity per day week or section, lost password retrieval bill. You want him to tell you his a lot smarter than you can detect right now abi. @seun. Congrats, stay humble but focused

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Blueboy0402: 9:39pm On Dec 13, 2012
Where is Seun
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 14, 2012
Lol!
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 14, 2012
I did develop a app for Nairaland but the little problem i had with my network administrators is dat Nairaland has no support website or portal. Honestly if seun will look at it from my angle, i'm willing to launch and give-out this app for free for the first 1month of release B4 i stat making my cash or he pays-me-off. @seun.... Look-@-it man. U hav nothin to loose. I already did one for Vanguard Newspapers and its generating huge traffic and visitors to the site. Trust me, u need just that. My name is Cousin Joshua and i am a Content Developer. I develope apps for Nokia (symbian, Java) Android, IOS, and blackberry sevices. You can fins me on facebook at www.facebook.com/cousjwhite. On twitter @cousjwhite. On 2go with username cousjwhite and on Nokia Store as Cousin Joshua. I'll be posting the link to download the Vanguard mobile App i created for them later on. So look farward to downloading and testing for urself. Bye for now.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Lamasta(m): 8:59pm On Dec 14, 2012
Blueboy0402: Where is Seun

Seun dey shit MUNTULA

cheesy
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Ogahtech(m): 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2012
seun, success is yours God Grace. and likewise all the Nigerian youths both home and abroad who are striving hard to succeed. I pray someday we will all be proud of ourselves. God help Nigeria.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 17, 2012
cousjwhite: I did develop a app for Nairaland but the little problem i had with my network administrators is dat Nairaland has no support website or portal. Honestly if seun will look at it from my angle, i'm willing to launch and give-out this app for free for the first 1month of release B4 i stat making my cash or he pays-me-off. @seun.... Look-@-it man. U hav nothin to loose. I already did one for Vanguard Newspapers and its generating huge traffic and visitors to the site. Trust me, u need just that. My name is Cousin Joshua and i am a Content Developer. I develope apps for Nokia (symbian, Java) Android, IOS, and blackberry sevices. You can fins me on facebook at www.facebook.com/cousjwhite. On twitter @cousjwhite. On 2go with username cousjwhite and on Nokia Store as Cousin Joshua. I'll be posting the link to download the Vanguard mobile App i created for them later on. So look farward to downloading and testing for urself. Bye for now.
[color=#990000][/color]. u can download d app ffrom nokia store by seraching for it in google. Just type vanguard by cousin joshua on google and voilla. There u go. The first 3 links direct you to
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by ochukoccna: 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
It seems the thread starter has comprehension issues
Firstly it is the writers personal opinion
In my opinion, here are 5 spectacular African tech start-ups that are most likely to shake up the continent’s tech industry in 2013:
and not Forbes's opinion though the article is written on their platform

Secondly NL was not named amongst the five he listed
Rather NL and Iroko TV were noted to have broken off the shackles of Google for their revenue stream
Congrats to Seun on that plus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suit Seeking Kanu's Release From Detention Given Hearing Date / Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 / APC Youths, Women In 19 Northern States Adopt Tinubu As Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.