Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1011) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10858949 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
angelo82:

Don't get me wrong.............My advice is purely based on securitizing your profits..............If you don't have cash somewhere,how can you invest heavily in stock market right now when most fundamentally sounds stocks are cheap?..............Maybe my presentation isn't clear enough........You must have cash somewhere and the best way to have your fund in cash is by investing them in a fixed income pending the time you will need them..........Now he has 5M in stocks but not cash and apart from that nothing tangible elsewhere.................I believe in liquidity because with that you can do whatever you want.............With 5M in stocks he supposed to have made profits at different time which means financially he should be ok but is a different case..............I am heavy on stocks right now than ever and thanks to my investment accounts...........Even if this guy wants to invest more right now in nse from the assets declared above,there is no availability of heavy fund to do so.............Time for Nairaland to start using voice chat or instant chat because its hard to adequately express yourself............Tired of writing..........Meanwhile,I am buying from Monday till Friday and till the upper weekend................
Pls can you list or recommend a number of good fixed income investment s one can try out?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by planetuzor(m): 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
But guys, have been on this thread staring like muntula with some cash to spend for up to 4weeks.. How do you determine stock which have good fundamentals?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by coruso(m): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

Bros in fact u need 2 cars not just one! Haba!! Making money is a means and not an end in itself. Once in a while give yourself a treat. That is why u make money. Meanwhile I share a different opinion regarding angelo's comment. Now is the time to be as heavy as possible in NSE in good fundamentally sound stocks. But how can u own most stocks on NSE? My arguement against this over-diversification is that it increases your risk/exposure. With 5m, I won't have more than one stock which is consistent in dividend. In nse at the moment one could get close to 20% dividend yield on cost with a possibility of > 50% capital appreciation in the nearest future. This to me is more sensible than any fixed income asset.
pls can u list like three of such stock?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
davide470:
Suspension of a stockbroker does not have anything to do with an investor. That's why your portfolio are resident with CSCS, not your stockbroking account. Just go to CSCS and you will be advise on how to move your account to another one.
JAH BLESS .one love .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by docjuli(m): 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
angelo82:

Don't get me wrong.............My advice is purely based on securitizing your profits..............If you don't have cash somewhere,how can you invest heavily in stock market right now when most fundamentally sounds stocks are cheap?..............Maybe my presentation isn't clear enough........You must have cash somewhere and the best way to have your fund in cash is by investing them in a fixed income pending the time you will need them..........Now he has 5M in stocks but not cash and apart from that nothing tangible elsewhere.................I believe in liquidity because with that you can do whatever you want.............With 5M in stocks he supposed to have made profits at different time which means financially he should be ok but is a different case..............I am heavy on stocks right now than ever and thanks to my investment accounts...........Even if this guy wants to invest more right now in nse from the assets declared above,there is no availability of heavy fund to do so.............Time for Nairaland to start using voice chat or instant chat because its hard to adequately express yourself............Tired of writing..........Meanwhile,I am buying from Monday till Friday and till the upper weekend................

That's correct. Omo, if that amount is on GTBank shares, na hammer be that. I entered in Feb @ 22, sold @ 28. About to buy or wait till mid next month.
5M, that's a lot of money you know. May be he should start selling when the price rises and keep the money with his stockbroker for easy re-entry if he cannot keep cash or better still seek the advice of a financial expert.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
mpi210:

It's one of the best run Nigerian companies....Cooperate governance is a BIG factor when investing

Thanks a lot for your post.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
ogbs2020love:

I currently have no car.
I have almost all the stock s on the NSE worth about 5m.
A wife and a child.
I'm 30years
I have a life extra savings policy with axa Mansrud. worth 500k
2 commercial plots of land worth 2.6m .
my problem is that I am addicted the NSE.
pls should I buy the car now,or invest 450k. then wait and buy the car by next year,?
pls assist here

You have a wife and a kid, so I think you need the car. Considering your age, there is a rule of thumb that says you should put 70% of your assets in stocks and the balance 30% in a fixed income security like Treasury Bills which is a risk-free investment that you can easily liquidate if you ever have need for cash. This is better than keeping your money in your bank account. I also think you need to rebalance your portfolio. N5 million is too small to spread on "almost all the stocks on the NSE" as described in your post. Diversification reduces your risk but remember whatever reduces your risk reduces your reward. Besides, it can be difficult to keep track of what's happening to the companies you invest in when they're too many. You may want to reduce your stocks to at most 10 well-diversified stocks with good fundamentals.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 24, 2015
megainvest:

I don't think so. There are sweet looking stocks you cannot ignore right now. The question is how do you find these stocks. I agree some stock are losing but some others are also busy spinning money.

Plus where are the see t looking stocks now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2015
rychard:

Plus where are the see t looking stocks now
The answer is blowing in the wind. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:18am On Aug 24, 2015
angrybull:

There is no room for gamblers in the stock market, you are strictly an investor. If you want to be called gambler in stock investment then you choose to act foolish.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/markets/11819812/Markets-Black-Monday-China-panic-grips-investors-rouble-collapses-and-stocks-undergo-selling-bloodbath-live.html

Shanghai composite falls as much as 9pc - reversing yearly gains
; More than $5 trillion has been wiped off global stocks since Aug 11
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2015
Today looks red
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 10:28am On Aug 24, 2015
All over Europe is Red today.......................
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 11:07am On Aug 24, 2015
As long as FBNH is still sleeping on the N6 mark, don't expect access to surpass it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 11:10am On Aug 24, 2015
ogbs2020love:

I currently have no car.
A wife and a child.
I'm 30years
pls should I buy the car now,or invest 450k. then wait and buy the car by next year,?
pls assist here
I will advise that you buy a car worth N600k and then use the remaining balance for yourself and your family. Right now the market is getting really dangerous globally. I believe another meltdown is on it's way. If you have never experienced one, just try your best never to experience such. Simply monitor your remaining investment in the NSE. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 11:28am On Aug 24, 2015
Born2berich:
I will advise that you buy a car worth N600k and then use the remaining balance for yourself and your family. Right now the market is getting really dangerous globally. I believe another meltdown is on it's way. If you have never experienced one, just try your best never to experience such. Simply monitor your remaining investment in the NSE. I wish you the best.
Word.
And If he shines his eyes very well, he will get a very good car @N600k. Early last year, I got a very clean 2008 Toyota Yaris at about that amount. Brother, bargain full everywhere within and outside NSE. You just have to dig deep.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by specialmati(m): 11:37am On Aug 24, 2015
Pls someone should guide me on how to open the online trading platform you guys are using now.am tired of this my stockbroker.pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 11:38am On Aug 24, 2015
@Angelo, FBNH #5.69, what's your take? buy/sale grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 11:39am On Aug 24, 2015
Justcul:
@Angelo, FBNH #5.69, what's your take? buy/sale grin

I just bought at 5.70 now..........Sell for what?.....My friend just buy..............

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:40am On Aug 24, 2015
@PETERiCHY - STOCK MARKET is the most organized gambling platform.

I agree with you 100% because Nigerian stocks are devoid of fundamentals

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2015
9free:

Word.
And If he shines his eyes very well, he will get a very good car @N600k. Early last year, I got a very clean 2008 Toyota Yaris at about that amount. Brother, bargain full everywhere within and outside NSE. You just have to dig deep.
Brand new or fairly used? wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 11:59am On Aug 24, 2015
Access has engaged enter reverse gear
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2015
It will reverse because profit takers have taken about 10-15% profits............Its normal but it will move again..............

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
specialmati:
Pls someone should guide me on how to open the online trading platform you guys are using now.am tired of this my stockbroker.pls

What type of stockbroker do u want?

If you want a very cheap but sometimes slow to respond stockbroker send email to: prospectiveclient@morgancapitalgroup.com
If you want an average cost but top class in service stockbroker, send email to: contact@meristemng.com

They will send you details of what you need to open an account with them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
SWG1:

I did this training in 2007. So is this your IPO or private placement.let me know wat I'm buying ?
hello dear, we dont reply any thing that is not about (nse) here. thank's one love.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
ogbs2020love:

I currently have no car.
A wife and a child.
I'm 30years
pls assist here

Weather you buy a car or not that's your own necessity.

My only advice for you bcuz of your wife and child is to pull 80% of that 5m from NSE and look for a real business.

then keep the remaining 20% for this the more you look the less you see business.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
angelo82:
It will reverse because profit takers have taken about 10-15% profits............Its normal but it will move again..............

With what is happening around the world? People should tread with caution o!
Asian, European and US markets are in serious RED...Massive sell off

Crude oil has hit a 9 year low
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
bigass:
Today looks red
good for poor investor's to enter .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
ogbs2020love:

I currently have no car.
A wife and a child.
I'm 30years
pls assist here

Bros, Cash is king now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2015
angelo82:
what about Nigeria and abuja?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2015
The DAX is down 2.78% while London's FTSE 100 is off 2.70% and France's CAC 40 is lower by 2.44%.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 12:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
angelo82:

I did not see this coming, looks like it will also affect Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chipa, emmanuelewumi(m), chuksnnaemeka, Agbalowomeri, Frangel and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.