Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1803) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10870743 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) (1804) (1805) (1806) ... (7749) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JLINE(m): 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
Tritri:
FBNH i bought at 3:60 few month back.Now it at 2:99...Am Finished.just wondering if i took the wrong decision . I've started been harsh to my wife for nothing sake...my wife been asking me honey what the problem , and i dont knw what to say, Though i bought it for long term and it involves millions .

@Anyone in same position ? How do we console ourselves ?
don't close yet,it will come back to 3.10 first by friday most probably and maybe then higher by the coming weeks.

JLINE:
newbie question on NSE...how do i get data like something close to a chart where i can see highs,lows,close and open for previous days and months ?
Thanks for the response.
i need the above,can you help with it...it will give me a better pics at what i am doing. am only seeing just one month data over here at nse site.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
JLINE:

don't close yet,it will come back to 3.10 first by friday most probably and maybe then higher by the coming weeks.

i need the above,can you help with it...it will give me a better pics at what i am doing. am only seeing just one month data over here at nse site.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/stock-market

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JLINE(m): 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JLINE(m): 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
stocks with new 52 weeks low

FBNH #2.97k

diamond bank #1.07k

no new high
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2016
Intendy:
stocks with new 52 weeks low

FBNH #3.97k undecided undecided undecided

diamond bank #1.07k

no new high

That your FBNH numbers will give somepeople HBP grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JLINE(m): 3:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
hmmm...9ja. nice data feeds wasn't expecting an mt4 chart though. thanks guys,will continue from there.
@Tritri...i just hope fbnh close at 3.01 or a little above as that will be a good sign for a bullish move. when it closes above or there,then i might be able to tell you where the next bus stop would be.
previous analysis was short sighted cos of data but might still occur if the above does occur,just keep cool.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
@Peterichy.........i said it publicly that i have FBN which i bought at 3.45 and 3.48.............i have not sold them...........i still want to buy my last tranch in fbn but need to average down carefully this time around at a very low price...........you claimed you bought at 3.30.........if i succeed in buying fbn at between 2.50 and 3.00,i am better off than you..........i hope you will not tell us you sold your FBN at 4.00 this time around.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

That your FBNH numbers will give somepeople HBP grin grin grin
oga intendy Fbn closed at 2.97 not 3.97
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 3:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
interesting
bank license is now more expensive than some banks
Mkt Cap Penny stocks
Skye N8.18 bln
FCMB N20.79 bln
Diamond N24.78 bln
Fidelity N28.1 bln
Sterling bank N28.79 bln

All under N100bn together

while
GTB N763 bln

#quality prevails

#justObserving

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

YOU PROBABLY FORGOT YOU MADE THE COMMENT BELOW.

Incase you don't get the drift. after 7months of wait FBNH @circa N3:30k was my only stock purchase for this year and i can ONLY average down at @circa N2:00k.

But 2moro if it decide fly good and fine likewise if by 2moro they decice to file for BANKRUPTCY which is very possible our mind is as well made up.

Thank you smiley

*ThE OcToPuS*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
PETERiCHY:

Incase you don't get the drift. after 7months of wait FBNH @circa N3:30k was my only stock purchase for this year and i can ONLY average down at @circa N2:00k.

But 2moro if it decide fly good and fine likewise if by 2moro they decide to file for BANKRUPTCY which is very possible our mind is as well made up.

Thank you smiley

*ThE OcToPuS*

If you decide to sell tomorrow, you will be selling @ loss

If you decide to average down at @circa N2:00k. you will have to wait till it gets to N2:00k.(if FBN BANKRUPTCY has not kicked in tongue tongue).

If average down at @circa N2:00k, you will need to break even before selling.

All indicators are showing me you are trapped.

*ThE OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2016
Willie2015:

FBN should be below 3.00 before Dec.

My post on July 28, FBN already below =N=3.00 in August 29th. It will continue to dance between =N=2.50 & =N=3.30. Sincerely, I don,t see any positive news that is going to lift the stock price unless there is a miracle in 3rd & 4th quarter. The Elephant is simply too slow to catch up with other animals in the jungle.

Well, I still believe in Miracles.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
Why all of a sudden, people are insinuating the collapse of fbnh...Is there info out there, pls share, some of us are heavily entrenched in the elephant
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
maishai:
Why all of a sudden, people are insinuating the collapse of fbnh...Is there info out there, pls share, some of us are heavily entrenched in the elephant

FBNH will not collapse but we should not expect any capital appreciation in the short term.

Even at the height of the news of the floating exchange rate, it barely manage to drag itself to like =N=4.50k when stocks like Zenith and GTB in the same tier were flying. It will definitely be in a worse position when there are no positive new in this economic recession.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
locodemy:
I wish Dangote flour falls to #3.00.........it will be preferable to buying Fbn at #2.50.
grin if godlyguy get you o, he bought at 3.98

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
PETERiCHY:

Keep deceiving yourself, the ones you bought @ N3:45 where did you kept it

Good i bought my first batch @circa N3:30k and I will be willing to buy my 2nd batch ONLY @ circa N2:00k.

We don't chase stock rather we set traps for it cool

*ThE OcToPuS*
Why not buy more dollars? fbnh is going down to #1.00 cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2016
Tritri:
FBNH i bought at 3:60 few month back.Now it at 2:99...Am Finished.just wondering if i took the wrong decision . I've started been harsh to my wife for nothing sake...my wife been asking me honey what the problem , and i dont knw what to say, Though i bought it for long term and it involves millions .

@Anyone in same position ? How do we console ourselves ?
Cool down, fo,gtb and zenith e.t.c was at below #10 . Buy other stocks you like . Uba self was at #1.50 and some people here enter fbnh at #5+ but cant tell you the truth .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JLINE(m): 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2016
if you bought "Guaranty trust bank" at price higher than 23.26/23.61 ...you might want to close positions now as it is still early.
price will come down to 23.61/23.26 from where it is now before heading back up again.
SHALOM
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by richie9093(m): 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

If you decide to sell tomorrow, you will be selling @ loss

If you decide to average down at @circa N2:00k. you will have to wait till it gets to N2:00k.(if FBN BANKRUPTCY has not kicked in tongue tongue).

If average down at @circa N2:00k, you will need to break even before selling.

All indicators are showing me you are trapped.

*ThE OcToPuS*

I want to ask a question, it might seem dumb but I believe we are all learning.

the question is: What does "averaging down" mean?

thanks in anticipation for your answer.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2016
CHAMPION BREWERIES trying to create unnecessary resistance... Anyway, hope to move in @#2...

THE BIG SMART GUY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
JLINE:
if you bought "Guaranty trust bank" at price higher than 23.26/23.61 ...you might want to close positions now as it is still early.
price will come down to 23.61/23.26 from where it is now before heading back up again.
SHALOM
you talk like godlyguy,bigass or peterichy ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Rexceedo: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2016
My FBNH Solace
A pretty friend I met here on NSEMPA, just brought me FBN solace today.
She's an insider in one of Nigeria's leading cement company(name withheld cos she pleaded anonymous).
Last week she urged me to buy many trailers of cement I could, cos It's likely that cement price will increase this week.
I sought for cash nook and cranny and was able to raise money for 15traillers(23660000mil- 1100 @1434, per truck ).

Just as the prophetess forecast, we have sold 10trucks @22100000(2210000/truck- 2010 per bag ).

I just can't conceal my joy; Its the lord doing!!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dwizeone: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
richie9093:

I want to ask a question, it might seem dumb but I believe we are all learning.

the question is: What does "averaging down" mean?

thanks in anticipation for your answer.
It simply means reducing the price you bought a particular stock. Take for instance you bought FBNH at #4.00 and it goes down to about #2.00, if you buy about the same unit at the new price (#2.00), the average price will go down from #4.00 to about #3.00. That's the meaning of averaging down. The upside is when the price pushes upward you will record profit on that stock faster if you average down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
locodemy:

oga intendy Fbn closed at 2.97 not 3.97
it has been corrected. thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JLINE(m): 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
ihedioramma:
you talk like godlyguy,bigass or peterichy ?
i don't know those guys at all bro and i haven't read their comments b4 except the recent ones though...is there anything wrong if i talk like them ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 8:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockish(m): 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
whats the outcome of the banks' meeting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by richie9093(m): 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
Dwizeone:
It simply means reducing the price you bought a particular stock. Take for instance you bought FBNH at #4.00 and it goes down to about #2.00, if you buy about the same unit at the new price (#2.00), the average price will go down from #4.00 to about #3.00. That's the meaning of averaging down. The upside is when the price pushes upward you will record profit on that stock faster if you average down.

thanks, man. I really appreciate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nigeria FX market trades $327 mln as offshore funds buy bonds
http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL8N1BA23I

- a lil' jump in volume
-
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
JLINE:

i don't know those guys at all bro and i haven't read their comments b4 except the recent ones though...is there anything wrong if i talk like them ?
With your reply i now understand .

(1) (2) (3) ... (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) (1804) (1805) (1806) ... (7749) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Streetinvestor2, naturalflow, sterlingD(m), Agbalowomeri, Diyke4rich, eziokwunwoko(m), 222Martins(m), bolton08(m), Nafseni, Heishere and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.