Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1874) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10910847 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1871) (1872) (1873) (1874) (1875) (1876) (1877) ... (7761) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
d elephant & its NPL
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2016
fxuser:

d elephant & its NPL

Like a curse.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mopolchi: 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
currentprice:

mercy deactivated herself brother grin
okay, but why?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mopolchi: 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
ihedioramma:
She dey, with another moniker . we all know them by there talk .
okay, I need to discover the cloned mercy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
Intendy:
http://nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/15242_AFRICA_PRUDENTIAL_REG_Q3_SEPT_2016_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2016.pdf

base on this report. I still prefer Afriprud to this UCAP

hope it fall to N2 for big loading grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
Market suddenly react to Union Bank result. grin

-4.5% to +1.11%

Good for them..........sleeping giants.............they cant pay dividend becos of the negative retained earning........be ware of this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2016
angelo82:

Like a curse.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2016
fxuser:

No asper E-dividend Form

However, if you buy another coy much later, you would need to process a Transfer form (the blank ones u sign with your brokers)

Tip:
Just tick every and buy 1000 units or less of the ones u might likely buy in future. So its done and dusted.
Please i stand to be corrected

This is what i did 5 yrs ago. i currently hold 200 shares of 'potential holdings' in this way I am covered if eventually i beam my searchlight on them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
loco,,,, chai! FBN grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:28pm On Oct 26, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2016
currentprice:
grin

my brother,after the conference call by 3pm,i will know what to do.......seems there is restructuring going on in the bank which will help to defend the share price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 12:54pm On Oct 26, 2016
ExLaidback:

grin grin grin

Afriprud is reacting accordingly to the Nigerian economy. This is why I have a bit of faith in UCAP. Even without the sale of their interest in an investee (the insurance firm) that they carried out in second qtr, their result was still better than last year.

But then again their (i.e. Afriprud's) cash flow says they have spent a considerable amount of money investing in financial assets this year so maybe the assets have not done as well as expected or their returns are expected from next year (so better result next year) - I saw some govt bonds there maturing in 2017 on the reports. But there was a little increase in revenue from their supposed primary business source which is registrar's fee.

Their result was not a bad result..

they only made lower income in the Treasury Bills segment of their Investments... they made 261,810 for Sept 2016 as against 644,749 in Sept 2015. This means that they had funds already invested in the Tbills at the very low rates we saw earlier in the year...i expect all this to change as the Bills mature after all no bills have more than 364 days maturity...

I will wait patiently and buy up more as the price falls...the 35kobo div is assured by year end and by first qtr 2017, we will definitely start seeing better investment income from the TBills segment of their investment income...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2016
i was looking at the bottom part of fbnh q3 result to see if they will recommend DSS to arrest bisi the formal ceo,but was disappointed.but really that is the way to go.these ceos the way they spend cash!i was in a restaurant in v.i someyears back when bisi was trying to woo a lady.the table was filled with... oh my GOD.The girl still no agree.anyway the worst is over for FBNH,NSE must protect the integrity of the premium board!or
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 1:04pm On Oct 26, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

But Union Bank Result is not bad.

EPS 77(2016) EPS 55(2015)

isolate the fx gains from the bottom line then come back and tell us what you think.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 1:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
Mpeace:
I am begining to doubt the safety of my investment with morgan capital. It doesn't seem to be just about itrade, the company as a whole seems to be down. No response to emails, they don't pick calls, they hardly credit ones stock account after lodgement in bank, they hardly credit ones account with proceeds of sale etc there is certainly fire on the mountain.

... only if you have cash with them, even at that ...

With regards to your holdings, Morgan capital is a only a custodian to them. As i understand it, the stocks are held electronically by CSCS.

I stand corrected!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
FBN is resisting the CHANGE to go below N3
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
bigjay01:

isolate the fx gains from the bottom line then come back and tell us what you think.

But GTB did same with their FX gains.

One of major issue with Union is their negative retained earning(according to LOCO)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 1:23pm On Oct 26, 2016
DOLLARTEX:
i was looking at the bottom part of fbnh q3 result to see if they will recommend DSS to arrest bisi the formal ceo,but was disappointed.but really that is the way to go.these ceos the way they spend cash!i was in a restaurant in v.i someyears back when bisi was trying to woo a lady.the table was filled with... oh my GOD.The girl still no agree.anyway the worst is over for FBNH,NSE must protect the integrity of the premium board!or

The worst banking CEO in recent history (strictly my opinion)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:23pm On Oct 26, 2016
Stocks are falling because Foreign investors can never be impressed by the results we have seen so far, not even Zenith, Gtb or UBA's result. The reason is simple, when you convert their PBT and PAT into dollars, you realize that they have actually performed worse than the previous year. Thats why their prices keep falling despite their 'seemingly good results'. Foreign investors see in terms of dollars. Dollars was officially N198 each last year, now its N385. If you put all that into consideration, it means a company like FBNH made more yhan 50% less than last year.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

But GTB did same with their FX gains.

One of major issue with Union is their negative retained earning(according to LOCO)

who said GTB's was particularly good?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2016
Even with the BAD news. WAPCO Making rebonds .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2016
bigjay01:

who said GTB's was particularly good?

Great! now i get your point. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2016
Mpeace:
Foreign investors can never be impressed by yhe results we have seen so far, not even Zenith, Gtb or UBA's result. The reason is simple, when you convert their PBT and PAT into dollars, you realize that they have actually performed worse than the previous year. Thats why their prices keep falling despite their 'seemingly good results'. Foreign investors see in terms of dollars. Dollars was officially N198 each last year, now its N385

Funny, do they operate in isolation of the economy? my guy there is a direct relationship!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by donmarshia(m): 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
bigjay01:

Boss, UBN EPS was calculated based on profit after tax from continuing operations. 13billion as a percentage of 16.9 billion outstanding units.

Very good result actually!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
ExLaidback:
Ogas in the house abeg how many stock brokers have like the itrade platform, where you have direct access to the market and you can live trade, i.e. real time (unlike Investment-One's Easytrade which the broker still has to input for you).

If you can list them and their commission if you know it, i'd be grateful.

This is why I didn't want to make the switch to Morgan earlier. My years in employment has taught me that nothing beats reliable and customer friendly service. Nothing.

Thanks

Sir, Try MERISTEM, CSL, and VETIVA!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2016
feelamong:

Their result was not a bad result..

they only made lower income in the Treasury Bills segment of their Investments... they made 261,810 for Sept 2016 as against 644,749 in Sept 2015. This means that they had funds already invested in the Tbills at the very low rates we saw earlier in the year...i expect all this to change as the Bills mature after all no bills have more than 364 days maturity...

I will wait patiently and buy up more as the price falls...the 35kobo div is assured by year end and by first qtr 2017, we will definitely start seeing better investment income from the TBills segment of their investment income...

Yeah, I quite agree. The only question now is how low will the price fall? Some are saying N2 which I seriously doubt. Anyway we will see
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2016
Godisfaithful:

Sir, Try MERISTEM, CSL, and VETIVA!

Thanks boss! I've checked out Meristem and I'm quite impressed so I'll give the rest a call and compare
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2016
locodemy:

Good for them..........sleeping giants.............they cant pay dividend becos of the negative retained earning........be ware of this.
Bros, I know where you are going but this is Nigeria where we have seen Companies borrow to pay dividend and SEC turns a blind eye............We must chop dividends, negative retained earning or not. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1871) (1872) (1873) (1874) (1875) (1876) (1877) ... (7761) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: freeman67, robobo, edwardaigb, Jerekre(m), stcool(m), Laso09, ololufemi, Streetinvestor2, KarlTom and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.