Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10836025 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (7736) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
@UkwuThatThing

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 5:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
UkwuAmu:
Hello all
I am forced to comment again because we seem to be getting into a dangerous trend . since we are all BNSITL, I think sometimes we should be careful and caution ourselves when necessary. I like to thank Oga Myjoy for his unrelentless effort to give us some info but it must be clear now that we should not be basing our investments decision based on that because as you would have noticed the information do not always come out the way we want them . I am not removing anything from Myjoy's stock alerts . He always put his caveat that we should do our own diligence but when people come out to ask what direction the stock is going to go, You know its time to be afraid of your investment decisions.
The problem here is with people who are looking for quick profits. They ultimately get burnt or keep hoping forever that one day the prophecy shall come to pass . Its very dangerous to be a trader as an individual investor when you do not know your technical analysis and when you cant read candles . I saw the panic yesterday when the NSE was down for less than 24 hours as people become sleepless because they want to check stock prices every 10 minutes .
there are a lot of people here who know their onions . if you want clarification or you are just investing based on other people's stock pick, you can e mail them and ask them for advice. There is no shame in saying i do not know jack and I will appreciate if you can help me with knowing how to value a stock and what parameters we should be looking at for when we invest. I am sure they will help. By the calibre of their posting you can sniff them out. They come across as very unserious people and jokers but they are very knowledgable when it comes to the market . Sometimes its a good thing not to do anything in the market and just be in cash position
Please do not misconstrue my post. Its not an attack on myjoy 08. The only thing is if anybody tells you he knows how Mr. market is going to react for sure, please run away faster than Usain Bolt.

Your post is well understood but i believe that most people that panicked yesterday are mostly traders not investors hence the need to check the price list every 10minutes.

As for myjoy08 stock pick is very good and he has really contributed to this forum but the recent trend of concern is the failure to do ones own research. For example, when oando got ministerial approval most people believed it will fly to N100 immediately. I remember placing a reminder that getting a ministerial approval doesnt mean the deal is done, yet i was blasted. I stated this not because i hate oando but rather because it will hurt me when seeing people getting their hands burnt.

However, as for the issue of mailing someone whenever we have a question IMO shouldnt be because when you ask questions openly here and you get replies other people learn from it. There is nobody that is an epitome of knowledge. We all learn everyday and we will continue to learn to will depart thats life for you. It is better that one ask the question here for all to benefit and see not only to help every trader and investor present but to also move this forum forward. smiley

Enjoy

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 5:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
i knew oga immanuello was just trying to get pple view, he know what he is doing

btw b2br is waiting for Onado @ 20 juction
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
feelamong:

hmmm! abeg what is the closure date?

Sorry not suspension but closure of trading shares by insiders.

See information below:

FORTE OIL PLC

July 22, 2014
Notification of Period of Closure of Trading Forte Oil Plc Shares by Insiders
Forte Oil Plc has notified The Nigerian Stock Exchange that all insider related trading have closed with effect from Monday, July 21, 2014 and will remain closed till Thursday, August 7, 2014.
The Company also notified that its Board of Directors will meet on Wednesday, August 6, 2014 to consider and approve the audited financial results for the half-year ended June 30, 2014.

http://trwstockbrokers./2014/07/22/forte-oil-plc-notification-of-period-of-closure-of-trading-shares-by-insiders/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
natruetalk: i knew oga immanuello was just trying to get pple view, he know what he is doing

It's also crucial he factors in the (high) probability that most peeps will move in the opposite direction of their current states of mind.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
Born2berich:

Sorry not suspension but closure of trading shares by insiders.

See information below:

FORTE OIL PLC

July 22, 2014
Notification of Period of Closure of Trading Forte Oil Plc Shares by Insiders
Forte Oil Plc has notified The Nigerian Stock Exchange that all insider related trading have closed with effect from Monday, July 21, 2014 and will remain closed till Thursday, August 7, 2014.
The Company also notified that its Board of Directors will meet on Wednesday, August 6, 2014 to consider and approve the audited financial results for the half-year ended June 30, 2014.

http://trwstockbrokers./2014/07/22/forte-oil-plc-notification-of-period-of-closure-of-trading-shares-by-insiders/

Most like by 5th/6th of August i would have done my findings on the outcome of their BOD meeting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
Born2berich:

Your post is well understood but i believe that most people that panicked yesterday are mostly traders not investors hence the need to check the price list every 10minutes.

As for myjoy08 stock pick is very good and he has really contributed to this forum but the recent trend of concern is the failure to do ones own research. For example, when oando got ministerial approval most people believed it will fly to N100 immediately. I remember placing a reminder that getting a ministerial approval doesnt mean the deal is done, yet i was blasted. I stated this not because i hate oando but rather because it will hurt me when seeing people getting their hands burnt.

However, as for the issue of mailing someone whenever we have a question IMO shouldnt be because when you ask questions openly here and you get replies other people learn from it. There is nobody that is an epitome of knowledge. We all learn everyday and we will continue to learn to will depart thats life for you. It is better that one ask the question here for all to benefit and see not only to help every trader and investor present but to also move this forum forward. smiley

Enjoy

Sir Born , You just re-iteraited all I said except of course not everything can be learnt in the forum . I dont know if you can learn technical analysis here . You can ask questions as to what to buy but when people who know what they are doing are selling, they wont tell you . I suppose you get my drift .

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
immanuello: Brother they wont,i will mk sweet plea on ur bhalf to them,so na free man u be then o.Sir,oya let me know what ur junction is___________
House i seek for pardon on anything B2br say now.B2br,u are free and save now,so say it.

natruetalk: i knew oga immanuello was just trying to get pple view, he know what he is doing

Dexterax:

It's also crucial he factors in the (high) probability that most peeps will move in the opposite direction of their current states of mind.

@immanuello, yes my junction is N20. Most people then when oando was N36 said that it will never fall below N30 but last week we saw it around N24.99

However, i am not sure it will reach my junction soon as oando shareholders are very stuborn but loyal as dem no wan gree sell. grin

I advise to buy now because truely they might come out with good news when we least expect.

As for me i have been mopping this stock when it fell around N24.99 till date. (Atleast it is close to my junction and yes i bought more today)

Will still buy more when it comes nearer to my junction( My cutlass is very long)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
Born2berich:

Chia Oga jamce so you still dey this bus after 2years of waiting at the junction. cheesy
I'm the permanent conductor for this bus o? Just enter with your chikini money and enjoy maximum comfort. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
UkwuAmu:

Sir Born , You just re-iteraited all I said except of course not everything can be learnt in the forum . I dont know if you can learn technical analysis here . You can ask questions as to what to buy but when people who know what they are doing are selling, they wont tell you . I suppose you get my drift .

I understand you bro and yes technical analysis cant be learnt fully on this forum but the basic knowledge can still be gotten here. I can remember TA analyst once posted some of his technical info here and some peeps got interested e.g Mercilicious. They asked further questions and went ahead to make more research about it.

Well, as for me i didnt bother myself with technical analysis because i dont have time for it although i was once interested in it too. No hard feeling sha, you know say you be my oga smiley

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
jamace: I'm the permanent conductor for this bus o? Just enter with your chikini money and enjoy maximum comfort. grin grin

So you too don dey learn mokey business abi? @feelamong and 9free don teach you bad things grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
UkwuAmu:
Hello all
I am forced to comment again because we seem to be getting into a dangerous trend . since we are all BNSITL, I think sometimes we should be careful and caution ourselves when necessary. I like to thank Oga Myjoy for his unrelentless effort to give us some info but it must be clear now that we should not be basing our investments decision based on that because as you would have noticed the information do not always come out the way we want them . I am not removing anything from Myjoy's stock alerts . He always put his caveat that we should do our own diligence but when people come out to ask what direction the stock is going to go, You know its time to be afraid of your investment decisions.
The problem here is with people who are looking for quick profits. They ultimately get burnt or keep hoping forever that one day the prophecy shall come to pass . Its very dangerous to be a trader as an individual investor when you do not know your technical analysis and when you cant read candles . I saw the panic yesterday when the NSE was down for less than 24 hours as people become sleepless because they want to check stock prices every 10 minutes .
there are a lot of people here who know their onions . if you want clarification or you are just investing based on other people's stock pick, you can e mail them and ask them for advice. There is no shame in saying i do not know jack and I will appreciate if you can help me with knowing how to value a stock and what parameters we should be looking at for when we invest. I am sure they will help. By the calibre of their posting you can sniff them out. They come across as very unserious people and jokers but they are very knowledgable when it comes to the market . Sometimes its a good thing not to do anything in the market and just be in cash position
Please do not misconstrue my post. Its not an attack on myjoy 08. The only thing is if anybody tells you he knows how Mr. market is going to react for sure, please run away faster than Usain Bolt.
I understood u absolutely but to use my own case as an example,i am no a "not knowing what he's doing trader"my system that i used works for me greatly sometimes the reason why i asked some questions though it might look naive but u never worry because what works for me may not work for u.I am v-trader yet i mk use of different available means to get information to either confirm or disproof any thesis on my trading tab becos i am not close to trading secret desk on our bourse so why wont i try to seek frm those who are close to such desk.I dont follow anybody hookline and sinker,i constructively do my own comprehensive understudy looking at fundamental justification if any,sentiments loyalty,cowboy influence,stance of foreign fund managers interest in africa(most importantly nigeria,sa,kenya),sector policies,monetary policies,inflation rate,money market stance and its trailing future as compared to world economic indexes to clarify on what my decision should be.So i see myjoy08 as a window and my detective spy from that end while at my end own end i perfect things b4 passing it in.Sometimes i love keeping quiet on this forum to learn and put to practice and ofcourse i had recorded tremendous feat by taking this methodology.So any being not doing his own side of the play and relying on somebody to lead him to a mountain,ofcourse he is doing so at his own risk,and there shouldnt be any pointing finger accusing anybody for his bleep!.Gbam.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
Born2berich:

So you too don dey learn mokey business abi? @feelamong and 9free don teach you bad things grin grin
Bros, stockmarket na serious biz. Just know your level and follow it religiously else you will buy monkeys that are on top of tree. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
immanuello: I understood u absolutely but to use my own case as an example,i am no a "not knowing what he's doing trader"my system that i used works for me greatly sometimes the reason why i asked some questions though it might look naive but u never worry because what works for me may not work for u.I am v-trader yet i mk use of different available means to get information to either confirm or disproof any thesis on my trading tab becos i am not close to trading secret desk on our bourse so why wont i try to seek frm those who are close to such desk.I dont follow anybody hookline and sinker,i constructively do my own comprehensive understudy looking at fundamental justification if any,sentiments loyalty,cowboy influence,stance of foreign fund managers interest in africa(most importantly nigeria,sa,kenya),sector policies,monetary policies,inflation rate,money market stance and its trailing future as compared to world economic indexes to clarify on what my decision should be.So i see myjoy08 as a window and my detective spy from that end while at my end own end i perfect things b4 passing it in.Sometimes i love keeping quiet on this forum to learn and put to practice and ofcourse i had recorded tremendous feat by taking this methodology.So any being not doing his own side of the play and relying on somebody to lead him to a mountain,ofcourse he is doing so at his own risk,and there shouldnt be any pointing finger accusing anybody for his bleep!.Gbam.

chai This man and epistles

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 6:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
Born2berich:

I understand you bro and yes technical analysis cant be learnt fully on this forum but the basic knowledge can still be gotten here. I can remember TA analyst once posted some of his technical info here and some peeps got interested e.g Mercilicious. They asked further questions and went ahead to make more research about it.

Well, as for me i didnt bother myself with technical analysis because i dont have time for it although i was once interested in it too. No hard feeling sha, you know say you be my oga smiley

Chai I don dey fear una for this forum. How I take be your Oga na?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

chai This man and epistles

I swear!

grin grin

Sometimes, to comprehend sef, you must re-read the lines.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vgirl: 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
Dragonking, ur smile is mischievoous αϞ∂ would rather.  to him. i will prefer a woman wrapper.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
Vgirl How far? I dey loaded pass all these Guys in all AREAS

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
vgirl: Dragonking, ur smile is mischievoous αϞ∂ would rather.  to him. i will prefer a woman wrapper.

Ok..dont come crying to me when michael11 runs along with joysmart grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
Thank God say I commot frm banks on time, bt I still got traped in eterna.

On a serious note, I've not seen the toothpaste advert this evening as in other days. Hope d banks never finish una?
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
dsonofmaan:

I swear!

grin grin

Sometimes, to comprehend sef, you must re-read the lines.
ofcourse my brother,that is hw i put things up here because i hv a lots in me to say so as a result of that i am forced to summed them up in just a line.So to understand me,flow in each of my context line by line to understand me perfectly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vgirl: 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
Agaba! i need oando stocks @ N15 would u be very generous to sell 100,000units to me ? Then we can discuss further outside dis forum

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
vgirl: Agaba! i need oando stocks @ N15 would u be very generous to sell 100,000units to me ? Then we can discuss further outside dis forum

sell ke i Will gladly Give u FOC

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
Seplat’s first-half profit falls to $156 million
July 25, 2014
Seplat, said its half-year pretax profit fell to $156 million, down 26 percent from $210 million a year earlier.

In its first interim report following a debut $500 million IPO in April, the Nigerian firm reported that its gross revenue also fell 7 percent to $388 million during the period to June 30.

Seplat achieved first-half average oil production of 27,375 barrels per day, against 27,183 barrels per day in 2013 and plans to invest around $250 million in 2014.
source-Businessday
Oppourtunuty for entry?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
"Operated average daily production for 2013 was 51.4 thousand barrels per day, with total
annual operated production of 18.8 million barrels. SEPLAT recorded total revenues of
US$880.2 million for the year ended 31 December 2013, representing growth of 41% over the
2012 figure. Profit for the year increased by US$441.2 million to US$550.3 million,
representing earnings per share of US$1.38." ABC Orjiako, Chairman of Seplat.
What's the reason for the fall in production from 51.4million barrels per day in 2013 to 27,183 in first half of 2014?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
mercylicious: Thank God say I commot frm banks on time, bt I still got traped in eterna.

On a serious note, I've not seen the toothpaste advert this evening as in other days. Hope d banks never finish una?
grin

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
Michael11stock: oh Vgirl u very welcome sweety, my friends like Aks, Stockbull, dragonking, imannuelo, uboma, dexterax,9free, still counting sometimes call me Pboy also grin

grin SMH...dis man no go let your affinity for women loose guard your portfolio o...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 8:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
Elai147:

grin SMH...dis man no go let your affinity for women loose guard your portfolio o...

I just dey look am dey laff.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
Born2berich:
As for me i have been mopping this stock when it fell around N24.99 till date. (Atleast it is close to my junction and yes i bought more today)
Will still buy more when it comes nearer to my junction( My cutlass is very long)

No wonder I no see u for our N20 junction again. U betrayed us and u com codedly go dey mop up for another junction, leaving the rest of us in an OYO state. Anyway I am not leaving and am now the new landlord of the junction. Anybody wey wan come there need to come with him tithe or else him no go see buy until after cop.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
I can smell the aroma of oando's dish cheesy cheesy cheesy grin,something says double portion.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
UkwuAmu:

Chai I don dey fear una for this forum. How I take be your Oga na?

I know my ogas from smn na

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (7736) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jats2k2002, chillykelly86(m), SetrakusRa(m), Yollymar, Niyijac, Locotrader(m), Emumakpo, talktofemi, emmasoft(m), crownprince2017, Streetinvestor2, olujaidi and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.