Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10881358 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3178) (3179) (3180) (3181) (3182) (3183) (3184) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2018
locodemy:
I have two stocks in mind.just two stocks no matter they are not to food in liquidity.
waiting for them at #6 and #1.80.They are U and U.

@ currentprice....very easy for you to decode.I trust you.

UBA and Ucap.

The Yoruba a will say, if you wait for the crab to blink, you will .......(complete it)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

UBA and Ucap.

The Yoruba a will say, if you wait for the crab to blink, you will .......(complete it)

Oga.you are very far o.
Those stocks are not liquid enough but their prices can go high because of free float deficiency.
The only person who is very smart to decode it is cp.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2018
locodemy:
I have two stocks in mind.just two stocks no matter they are not to food in liquidity.
waiting for them at #6 and #1.80.They are U and U.

@ currentprice....very easy for you to decode.I trust you.

Upl and union bank, don't know y d interest in UBN

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2018
Emmy2018:
Please house i need your urgent advice, This afternoon i signed up with CSCS online, to my greatest surprise all my stock/portfolio with my broker non is recorded with CSCS even nothing to show that i have a single investment

Note: the question is being ask on behalf of a sister who is outside of Nigeria.

Please house should help to torch on this.

Call CSCS direct don't even waste time with your broker because they too will be calling CSCS and might even take a day or two before getting back.

I had same problem. I could not login so I called cscs and they told me the problem was from their end that I should give tthem some minutes to reset my password.
I got the new password via email, login and there was nothing ! No single stock.. I click on that their Almighty 0 still nothing show.. menh the speed I take dial their number again no get part 2 grin grin
Everything is ok now.. Partially.. cause now I can only see the units and not the price at which they were bought..
I will still call them to report that problem too..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2018
currentprice:

Offend ke, tritri is a defender himself,,, he single handedly send FM to full bid for hours today until he quietely withdrawn his 5m unit bid.
grin grin grin

shocked shocked so he was the one
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2018
currentprice:

Upl and union bank, don't know y d interest in UBN

grin

clap for your self.just looked at union bank OS and free float.
29B and 14B.when did they list the additional shares.use to be free float of 2.5B.
kai........speed on my feet.

UPL on my watchlist.....#1.80 is a very good entry point for me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
locodemy:

clap for your self.just looked at union bank OS and free float.
29B and 14B.when did they list the additional shares.use to be free float of 2.5B.
kai........speed on my feet.

UPL on my watchlist.....#1.80 is a very good entry point for me.

Let me join you in Union bank but I hope it's not a trap.. Don't offload on me oo. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
locodemy:

I am waiting for yahira response to decode.

Decode what sir ? And what am I responding to ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olyrayy(m): 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Unfortunately, you will have to gather the information yourself. Get reports every year and then analyze them. You can do this on excel.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

I want the same news in insurance sector. Sovereign Trust.
Mofe jaaaaaaaaaaa.
BOYOBOY!So even the oracle has some deadbones!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 20, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
BOYOBOY!So even the oracle has some deadbones!

They were paying dividends before. They stopped and someone needs to carry the Kaya small.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2018
currentprice:
Bell Ringing.....

Gbagan Gbagan Gbagan.....

you hav all tried today go home and rest your bones to get more energy for 2morrow Bull/Bear grin

grin

The BellRinger is back cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 20, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

They were paying dividends before. They stopped and someone needs to carry the Kaya small.
Abeg no jaaa na,they were paying before,they will start paying very soon!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olyrayy(m): 11:55pm On Feb 20, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Unfortunately, you will have to gather the information yourself. Get reports every year and then analyze them. You can do this on excel.
Thanks boss.

Something else. While reading the section on dealing with market fluctuations in The Intelligent Investor, Benjamin Graham suggested that since it's virtually impossible to predict market movements, an investor should buy switch to bonds when stocks are too high, and then when the price of stocks falls, he should revert to stocks.

Although I don't really get the hang of bonds, it seems there is an inverse relationship between the price of bonds and stocks. So, the question is this, does this work out well in practice? Considering the fact that I've heard that the yields from bonds are so little to make any difference.

Thanks boss.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 21, 2018
Personally, i prefer switch between Treasury bills and Stocks. During bull, stocks should be reduced to 25% and Treasury bills increased to 75% and vice versa as suggested in the book.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marcdon10(m): 12:06am On Feb 21, 2018
Interested
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 4:00am On Feb 21, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

UBA and Ucap.

...spend eternity at waterside.

So Ucap is illiquid!
I always look at it from the angle of it been much cheaper than Afriprud.

okay, sorry, you're talking about upl and unity bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 4:15am On Feb 21, 2018
Access Bank, First City Monument Bank (FCMB), Guaranty Trust Bank, United Bank for Africa, Wema Bank and Zenith Bank- met CBN minimum requirements for and excluded from restriction on dividend payment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:49am On Feb 21, 2018
olyrayy:

Thanks boss.

Something else. While reading the section on dealing with market fluctuations in The Intelligent Investor, Benjamin Graham suggested that since it's virtually impossible to predict market movements, an investor should buy switch to bonds when stocks are too high, and then when the price of stocks falls, he should revert to stocks.

Although I don't really get the hang of bonds, it seems there is an inverse relationship between the price of bonds and stocks. So, the question is this, does this work out well in practice? Considering the fact that I've heard that the yields from bonds are so little to make any difference.

Thanks boss.

If I leave stocks due to high price, you push your funds into Tbills until the stock market crase stops. Instead of just leaving the money to your broker, let the money continue working for you.

The period for TBills is very short. It is usually within 1 year. If after one year and the market is still not ok, you continue the Tbills.

It works well in practice.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:49am On Feb 21, 2018
Toluway:

...spend eternity at waterside.

So Ucap is illiquid!
I always look at it from the angle of it been much cheaper than Afriprud.

okay, sorry, you're talking about upl and unity bank

Ucap is not illiquid o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olyrayy(m): 6:05am On Feb 21, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

If I leave stocks due to high price, you push your funds into Tbills until the stock market crase stops. Instead of just leaving the money to your broker, let the money continue working for you.

The period for TBills is very short. It is usually within 1 year. If after one year and the market is still not ok, you continue the Tbills.

It works well in practice.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 6:48am On Feb 21, 2018
Three Ways to Invest in a World Prone to Catastrophe

When the 1987 crash happened, I was 15 years old. I remember being intrigued by the whole thing, but not really understanding what was going on. The mystery of the crash partly helped fuel my interest in finance—and stocks specifically.

https://trwstockbrokers./2018/02/21/three-steps-to-prepare-your-portfolio-for-a-stock-market-crash/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 6:55am On Feb 21, 2018
Toluway:
Access Bank, First City Monument Bank (FCMB), Guaranty Trust Bank, United Bank for Africa, Wema Bank and Zenith Bank- met CBN minimum requirements for and excluded from restriction on dividend payment.
no one is taking Jaizbank, how is it affected?

shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 7:02am On Feb 21, 2018
safepaulooo:
Obasanjo and IBB now run unity bank as major shareholders taking its capital Base to N80 billion from N31 billion. How does this impact on its share price. Unity bank is perhaps biggest Agric business bank, highly Agro-centric. Keys in nicely with current Governments Agric policies. Experts in the house TORCHLIGHT this bank.Where are we looking at its share price 2018?

#UNITY BANK

US-based P.E firm Milost said eyeing Unity Bank - Source BusinessDay
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:16am On Feb 21, 2018
olyrayy:

Thanks boss.

Thanks boss.

It works well here too but the major problem is knowing when to switch.

One can say the price of stocks are too high and it can still continue to go up for the next two to three years.
Just look at what is happening in America, for the past two to three years now, People have been saying the price of stocks were too high and yet they have continue to climb higher .

Imagine if someone had sold his stocks 3 years ago on the assumption that price of stocks were too high.
How do you think the person will be feeling now considering the fact that the returns you get from bonds /Tbills will be small compared with stocks

As for TBills and stocks, they both have their advantanges..
With Tbills, you get a shorter tenure but with fluctuations in yield.
With bonds, you have a longer tenure but you have stability with yield.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:10am On Feb 21, 2018
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/new-dividend-policy-shocks-banks-investors-lose-n100bn-2-days/ Despite the new rule, I think all banks can still pay dividends. From this analysis, only first bank falls in the category of 0% dividend payment, but the analyst equally pointed out that fbnh can still pay dividends from its subsidiaries.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:50am On Feb 21, 2018
February

- Pull back month
- Just 5 trading days left
- most stocks trading below their Jan Monthly closing high and 52 week high
- a number of them forming monthly pin bars / hammer (meaning buyers rejected monthly lows) ( also see prev BBM comments too)
- but very few trading above and holding on to their Jan gains (Ex: nem, afriprud, pz , unilever , mansard, RedStar, seplat, fidson & be be lo)
- March will be earnings month of recovery for some and new breakout for other , time will tell
- stay calm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 9:22am On Feb 21, 2018
MSCI MOVEMENT FOR 16 TO 20 FEBRUARY 2017/GENERAL MARKET COMMENT

The fund sold again between Friday and yesterday. Coincidentally for Monday/Tuesday my computer was down and the fund's website was down too(no update). But I believe we have not miss much. For some people insinuating that the fund will post wrong info or fail to update, let us forget that. The fund is obliged by law to update their site/holdings (albeit they may try to delay by using some tactics, which is legal, but the delay cannot be so bad as to totally shield their action from the investors or give wrong information).

I let the bag out of the bag when I gave out our confidential information (ohun ti agba fi nje eko abe ewe lo wa). See my posting of February 8, 2018. This lead me to the fact that I don't read all the posts in this forum (I read the last 2 pages of each day and then go to specific posts by the people I have interest in their postings). I only read posts from the technicians/fundamental analysts, example if you want to read all my postings you click https://www.nairaland.com/yok/posts. This is the reason, I always tell people to send me a mail (sorry too if your e-mail has a name that seems to portray unseriousness or a time waster, I may neither read nor reply it, we are in serious business forget all the jokes you sometimes see here)

This is an opportunity to pick good stocks at low prices. If you are interested is a particular stock indicate a low limit price, let your broker place the order in the system or yo do it yourself. For example if I want to by Caverton at 2.40, I am not worried if my broker get the price or not (at least my money will stay in my account), but if the price come to that price, good for me. I have go my target stock at a price that I am comfortable with.

Caution: This is for educational purpose only and not an investment advice.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 9:30am On Feb 21, 2018
Mpeace:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/new-dividend-policy-shocks-banks-investors-lose-n100bn-2-days/ Despite the new rule, I think all banks can still pay dividends. From this analysis, only first bank falls in the category of 0% dividend payment, but the analyst equally pointed out that fbnh can still pay dividends from its subsidiaries.

FBNH will pay dividend but how much will they pay? It's better to cashout first then comeback in when the flow is over... I have made more than 300% on FBN... I'm waiting for them @#7 or less then I reenter...

THE BIG SMART GUY

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:32am On Feb 21, 2018
godlyguy:

FBNH will pay dividend but how much will they pay? It's better to cashout first then comeback in when the flow is over... I have made more than 300% on FBN... I'm waiting for them @#7 or less then I reenter...

THE BIG SMART GUY

umm N7
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 21, 2018
fxuser:

umm N7

@ 10.85,anyone selling now will still not regret selling because the banks will continue to receive the beating of their lives.At this time FBN is remembered for NPL.
Lets see if the support will hold at #8.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 9:50am On Feb 21, 2018
locodemy:

@ 10.85,anyone selling now will still not regret selling because the banks will continue to receive the beating of their lives.At this time FBN is remembered for NPL.
Lets see if the support will hold at #8.
FBNH 2017 audited will be super, NPL will reduce, there will some write backs..pls not a recommendation ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (3178) (3179) (3180) (3181) (3182) (3183) (3184) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: megawealth01, Salvationone and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.