Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,942 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10835947 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) (3339) (3340) ... (7736) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 10:36pm On Mar 22, 2018
Shale is one significant factor to be considered in projecting future oil prices o.

In 2016, after prices went below $30, rig counts were on a constant decrease, now we're eyeing the 70s, the rigs are coming back on, increasing supply.

Rates have now gone from 0%, 5 quarters ago, to 1.75% with hope that it may yet reach 2%.

The implication is that bond yields rise, and stock prices fall, although, the magnitude of this impact, we may not be able to tell.

30 year treasury bonds could start seeing yields in the 5% region versus the 3% typical a few quarters ago.

That would also mean that our nations eurobonds may start needing close to 10% coupons to get enough attractiveness.
Should eurobonds start needing 10% coupons, CBN may once again start getting comfortable with T-bills at 16% discounts, and those of us who came here to seek better returns would go back to our abode.

Dow must have reacted to the Fed's decision today.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 11:09pm On Mar 22, 2018
Yayira:

My boo is out of market, tone don change.. him don join the bear bear gang..
Boo boo Please don’t join cause I’ll not hesitate to stone you.

Yayira babe, i'm still in the market(UCAP, AFPRUD, ...) and God bear me witness. Just sounding caution base on my conviction of what lies ahead (personal opinion). The fact still remains that NSE is where the money is. Buying 3 for 1 is better than 1 for 1 grin

#YayiraMyBabe #GodIsGood #MoneyMustBeMade #AllTheBest
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 11:25pm On Mar 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Trump is just too unpredictable. I'm seeing it. We don't want to post any bearish stories here.

The Chinese are mulling on the way's to reply to Trump.
ow OK, but it OK to post damaging stories for d NSE. while u quietly they hammer from that side.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:19am On Mar 23, 2018
robobo:

@fxuser

which of the time horizon negative divergence do you think is more potent

Daily? weekly? or monthly?

learning ooo

the longer the time frame , the more the ''potency'' but it's never immediate
on d other side , a positive div on d lower time frame helps to show bearish fatigue in d short term
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:24am On Mar 23, 2018
fxuser:

on d other side , a positive div on d lower time frame helps to show bearish fatigue in d short term

Index still unable to bounce back above the 50dma but above 200dma
More sideways action to come !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 4:12am On Mar 23, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
Lafarge Africa will declare a paltry dividend of between N1.50 and N2.

The impacts of the fund raising exercise should be felt in their financial performance this quarter.
Then the market reacts and sends the price lower probably to #28 region, then I move in with my funds
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:19am On Mar 23, 2018
maishai:

Then the market reacts and sends the price lower probably to #28 region, then I move in with my funds
Seeing it below the right issue price will be interesting ooo but I doubt.
Anyway, what do I know. Never say never in NSE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:24am On Mar 23, 2018
maishai:

I doubt that, it may fall to N44.00. They have a very good market maker, the right was listed yesterday .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 6:20am On Mar 23, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

I doubt that, it may fall to N44.00. They have a very good market maker, the right was listed yesterday .

Please when will FMN right offer be listed.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:10am On Mar 23, 2018
Access
- prev -ve div sig buyers exhaustion
- SP pulling back to the 200 dma on d daily, RSI breaking into oversold levels in over a yr
- strong rejection of d day low on vol
- a very important pin bar on volume yesterday at d 200dma
- not a buy / sell / hold recommendation

#dyorr

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:15am On Mar 23, 2018
''As soon as you cling to a certain trade outcome, wishing it to be or remain a certain way, wisdom eclipses. ''

#TradingQuote

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tolktob: 8:20am On Mar 23, 2018
fxuser:

''As soon as you cling to a certain trade outcome, wishing it to be or remain a certain way, wisdom eclipses. ''

#TradingQuote
Welcome back bros
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:32am On Mar 23, 2018
FlourMill
- -ve rsi div on d weekly
- possible bullish fatigue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 8:33am On Mar 23, 2018
MSCI MOVEMENT 22 MARCH 2018/MARKET COMMENT

Market still finding stability. However, good time to start buying quality stock, but with the ability to withstand the risk that is still in the market till the first quarter results start flowing in.

I like this bear market as it gives me the opportunity to go back to do further research to improve my stock investing strategies. As to why I like this market as it is, it is an opportunity to get good equities at promotion prices. I see good opportunity in FCMB at the current price, despite the fact that the dividend for 2017 year end will be about 5K, the potential for future return is above average.

Caution: This information is for educational purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. You may need to verify the data from other independent s

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:43am On Mar 23, 2018
Tolktob:

Welcome back bros

zagadat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:47am On Mar 23, 2018
fxuser:
FlourMill
- -ve rsi div on d weekly
- possible bullish fatigue
Bros, e be like say this Abuja early morning rains no reach your side.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:49am On Mar 23, 2018
Ecobank Trans International today released its financial statements for the year ended December 2017. Gross Earnings in Naira increased from ₦665 billion in 2016 to ₦763 billion in 2017.

The bank made a profit before tax of ₦88.3 billion in 2017 against a loss before tax of ₦33.7 billion in 2016. Profit after tax was also positive at ₦69 billion against a loss after tax of ₦52.6 billion.

https://nairametrics.com/eti-profit-before-tax-hits-n88-billion-in-2017/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:53am On Mar 23, 2018
Wapco
- sideways action continues
- the 50dma is still unable to break away from the d 200
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:55am On Mar 23, 2018
9free:

Bros, e be like say this Abuja early morning rains no reach your side.

we are waiting our turn !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:58am On Mar 23, 2018
PETERiCHY:
Ecobank Trans International today released its financial statements for the year ended December 2017. Gross Earnings in Naira increased from ₦665 billion in 2016 to ₦763 billion in 2017.

The bank made a profit before tax of ₦88.3 billion in 2017 against a loss before tax of ₦33.7 billion in 2016. Profit after tax was also positive at ₦69 billion against a loss after tax of ₦52.6 billion.

So it shouldn't be selling higher than Access then grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 9:04am On Mar 23, 2018
fxuser:

Thanks chief appr8
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 23, 2018
PETERiCHY:

Sir Peterichy, its very unusual of you posting financial results but since you did this early morning, should we be expecting bear with long bear bear or bull on this stock.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:10am On Mar 23, 2018
Jejebaba:

Sir Peterichy, its very unusual of you posting financial results but since you did this early morning, should we be expecting bear with long bear bear or bull on this stock.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Poor effort at monkey hunting grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:11am On Mar 23, 2018
awesomeJ:
Shale is one significant factor to be considered in projecting future oil prices o.

In 2016, after prices went below $30, rig counts were on a constant decrease, now we're eyeing the 70s, the rigs are coming back on, increasing supply.
Rates have now gone from 0%, 5 quarters ago, to 1.75% with hope that it may yet reach 2%.

he implication is that bond yields rise, and stock prices fall, although, the magnitude of this impact, we may not be able to tell.
30 year treasury bonds could start seeing yields in the 5% region versus the 3% typical a few quarters ago.
That would also mean that our nations eurobonds may start needing close to 10% coupons to get enough attractiveness.
Should eurobonds start needing 10% coupons, CBN may once again start getting comfortable with T-bills at 16% discounts, and those of us who came here to seek better returns would go back to our abode.

Dow must have reacted to the Fed's decision today.

as per price action , oil looking bullish !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:16am On Mar 23, 2018
yok:
MSCI MOVEMENT 22 MARCH 2018/MARKET COMMENT

Market still finding stability. However, good time to start buying quality stock, but with the ability to withstand the risk that is still in the market till the first quarter results start flowing in.

I like this bear market as it gives me the opportunity to go back to do further research to improve my stock investing strategies. As to why I like this market as it is, it is an opportunity to get good equities at promotion prices. I see good opportunity in FCMB at the current price, despite the fact that the dividend for 2017 year end will be about 5K, the potential for future return is above average.

Caution: This information is for educational purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. You may need to verify the data from other independent s
So after buying high, these guys have started selling their fcmb. I wonder what their motive is. Do they deliberately set out to make loss?
Meanwhile FCMB is not a good buy for now until q4 2017 is released. Their q1 2018 is what we need to watch out for. It will be excellent.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:18am On Mar 23, 2018
“If you don’t have a strategy, you’re part of someone else’s strategy. ”
― Alvin Toffler
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

So it shouldn't be selling higher than Access then grin

Why not? ETI is showing growth while Access is showing decline smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:34am On Mar 23, 2018
Mendes your market has arrived o grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:42am On Mar 23, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
Mendes your market has arrived o grin

Which one sir?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:45am On Mar 23, 2018
mendes911:

Which one sir?

The three musketeers
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 10:45am On Mar 23, 2018
fxuser:

as per price action , oil looking bullish !
Sure. It's our collective wish.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:47am On Mar 23, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

The three musketeers

I never see them oooo.

I have been looking at Nikkei, DAX and Dow.... Timing is very key.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) (3339) (3340) ... (7736) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: fostermd(m), SetrakusRa(m), GORRET(f), Streetinvestor2, Alaadin(m), chimex38, crownprince2017, 222Martins(m), Ndidi2, Ibrahim505(m), kolaish(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.