Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10885950 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3601) (3602) (3603) (3604) (3605) (3606) (3607) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 5:52pm On May 26, 2018
Chibuking81:

Since they will pump and sell to the faint hearted, who then is faint hearted. The current bear turn more than 90% member here to faint hearted. The remained 10% are not smiling, some are nursing their injury, while averaging down. The real bull will come next year, what you will be seen now is pump and dump bull.

Foreign investors see stock business as a game, that why the play smart game in it. Since I know that they create artificial bull sell, later and stay by at sideline, is not better to wait and bye at cheaper rate and wait for the main bull.

I preferred longtime investment, a situation where I will buy a particular stock at #10 and see it at #15 next five year, than buying #10 and goes to #100 next year only to come down to 10 kobo next five year.

It's even better to buy a stock at #10, and it move to #12 next ten year, with year dividend payment and bonus reward.

Nigeria stock has turn many to watchman, vigilante, monitoring instrument, because one can invest today only to hear tomorrow about merger, share reconstruction, worst still remain delisted. And the particular company will still be in existence.

Nigeria nawooo grin grin grin

agreed with you, what they will be doing is to create artificial bulls then dump again till billions are pulled out. Since it will only cost data, am ready to watch oo every day. foreign investors can not just come and take our money away then we are left injured.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:55pm On May 26, 2018
Chibuking81:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/2019-elections-capital-market-executives-caution-retail-investors/

2019 elections: Capital market executives caution retail investors ON MAY 25, 20185:38 AMIN BUSINESS1 COMMENT By Peter Egwuatu

AS bearish sentiment persists in the Nigerian Stock Exchange, NSE, public and private sector executives in the capital market have indicated the need for discretion in investment decisions especially by retail investors.
The floor of Stock exchange Speaking against the backdrop of declining foreign investors’ interest in equities in the first quarter of 2018, Q1’18, Cowry Asset Management Limited has cautioned retail investors to be very careful in their investment decisions, especially in the build up to 2019 general elections. Chief Executive Officer, Cowry Asset Management, Mr. Johnson Chukwu, gave the advice as the guest speaker at the maiden national discourse, themed, “Portfolio Investments: Opportunities & Mounting Challenges for Nigerian Shareholders”, organized by Pragmatic Shareholders Association of Nigeria, PSAN, in Lagos.

He said the decline witnessed in Q1’18 was as a result of the shift from equities to fixed income securities by Foreign Portfolio Investors, FPIs, who have started exiting the market following the unstable macroeconomic environment
. Chukwu stated: “The FPIs had taken their position in 2017 in the equities market and that was why we saw the 42% appreciation of the market, but in the Q1’18, FPIs invested $701.61 million in equity, $335.88 million in Bonds, $3.527 billion in money market, while total capital imports stood at $6.303 billion. “So the equity market was sluggish in Q1’18 as foreign investors began to repatriate their dividend and also put demand pressure in the foreign exchange market in response to declining yield on government securities.”

To this extent, Chukwu cautioned domestic retail investors to be careful in their investment decision on equities as the market is likely to record continuous drop given the challenging macroeconomic environment in the build up to general election.
In his remark, Acting Director General, Securities and Exchange Commission, SEC, Ms Mary Uduk, who was represented by Mr. Effiong Ekpeyong, encouraged retail investors to embrace the Collective Investment Scheme, CIS, to diversify their investments. “Nigeria is a mono product economy as this has made the stock market very volatile. To this extent, retail investors need to spread their demand for stocks in various classes by patronizing mutual funds,” she noted.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/2019-elections-capital-market-executives-caution-retail-investors/
@ safepaulooo, go through the above, does it mean that foreign investors are not pulling out from the stocks?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:55pm On May 26, 2018
safepaulooo:
My brother e be like say na only price you dey monitor. Price and volume gives better picture. I am not seeing the huge sell volumes like 2015 April to August to suggest total exit of FPI. Price go down but na panic sell volumes I dey see...it's not really substantial. May be wrong sha....
Is it today you know Oga Chibuking? He likes bear news so much and like to create fear at every opportunity to make the whole NSE looks like it's going to crumble lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:00pm On May 26, 2018
Mcy56:

Is it today you know Oga Chibuking? He likes bear news so much and like to create fear at every opportunity to make the whole NSE looks like it's going to crumble lipsrsealed
Madam Mercy, am trying to save people from losing their hard earn money from the smart foreign investors.
grin grin grin grin
There are sign of election bear red flag everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:11pm On May 26, 2018
Chibuking81:
Madam Mercy, am trying to save people from losing their hard earn money from the smart foreign investors. grin grin grin grin There is sign of election bear red flag everywhere.
grin grin
Boss, election is still far now. If what we are seeing now is election bear that will continue till next year, then there is real fire on the mountain.
I believed it wouldnt go on straight line like that sha.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:18pm On May 26, 2018
Mcy56:

grin grin
Boss, election is still far now. If what we are seeing now is election bear that will continue till next year, then there is real fire on the mountain.
I believed it wouldnt go on straight line like that sha.
Of course, bear will at a stage stop to drink water, before continue with another race.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 6:32pm On May 26, 2018
Mcy56:

that is a bitter pill to swallow but that is the truth that many does not want to believe or take. I pulled out immediately I qualified for dividend and all the stocks have she weights. if I have not pulled out the time I did, I would have lost 574k that as at Friday and I believe those stocks will still go down further but the same money I pull out put in TB at 11.5% gave me 759k . so Chibuking is being truthful but many of us does not want to hear that
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 6:33pm On May 26, 2018
locodemy:

How many bottles have you taken this morning?
Your list is lacking oxygen.
No one in your list does that.If in doubt,show us evidence of what you are saying.

WE KNOW THE PEOPLE WHO DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

I mentioned those who remain active whether Bull or Bear. Just added Oga becos we call ourselves oga here

Lemme go and sip my tritri while waiting for 7:45pm grin

Kiev here we comeeeeeee
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 6:35pm On May 26, 2018
Mcy56:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:45pm On May 26, 2018
[quote author=aremso post=67906242][/quote]
tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by smasher1(m): 7:21pm On May 26, 2018
onegentleguy:

I just can't help but laugh when I read some certain post.
It's clear that u 2 dont even know the guy. ...to presume (from the parts in bold) that he had been adversely affected by some investment play of nearly 10 yrs ago.

Well it might interest u to know that the said person u refer to is currently a billionaire, and a 'big time' HNI who's doing fantastically well !!
...and this is coming boldly from someone who knows him.
So never draw extensive assumptions over a person's state or wellbeing. ...for with some folks, past experiences are merely a necessary stepping stone to future breakthroughs.

Regards.

Ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 8:26pm On May 26, 2018
There will definitely be bulls here and there before election.

In 2014, build up to the 2015 elections, between May and December, there were 3 mini bulls.

The major devastating bears in 2014 took charge between October 2 - December 17. There was even a bull from December 18 - December 30.

If we witness 3 consecutive bear next week (with index losing 400 points like friday - excluding dangcem), bull may surface. It's just the Tuesday public holiday that may distort the flow.

If the bears slow down early next week, we might just be seeing sideways trading until around Q2 before the bull will show.

Just my opinion, not a buy or sell recommendation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:20pm On May 26, 2018
Cadillac15:
Just added Oga becos we call ourselves oga here. Lemme go and sip my tritri grin
We call them ogas because they truly are. They have distinguished themselves so much and displayed high level of expertise, understanding and theoretical as well as practical knowledge of what they 'preach' here ......... there are exact words that fits in rightly but na night school I go, I no sabi too much English.

Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the Ogas here....... sorry, no confuse my transmission for somebody wey high on tritritri, sorry, I mean 33. I just dey catch fun ni smiley tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:54pm On May 26, 2018
Mcy56:

We call them ogas because they truly are. They have distinguished themselves so much and displayed high level of expertise, understanding and theoretical as well as practical knowledge of what they 'preach' here ......... there are exact words that fits in rightly but na night school I go, I no sabi too much English.

Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the Ogas here....... sorry, no confuse my transmission for somebody wey high on tritritri, sorry, I mean 33. I just dey catch fun ni smiley tongue

Science student
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 10:54pm On May 26, 2018
musty00:
There will definitely be bulls here and there before election.

In 2014, build up to the 2015 elections, between May and December, there were 3 mini bulls.

The major devastating bears in 2014 took charge between October 2 - December 17. There was even a bull from December 18 - December 30.

If we witness 3 consecutive bear next week (with index losing 400 points like friday - excluding dangcem), bull may surface. It's just the Tuesday public holiday that may distort the flow.

If the bears slow down early next week, we might just be seeing sideways trading until around Q2 before the bull will show.

Just my opinion, not a buy or sell recommendation.

my brother, hmm I want to agree with chibuking. what I think will happen is that there will be more of sideways trading till probably next year after elections. As for me, na siddon look activation mode I dey. Our economy is very unstable. Having lost substantial amount in this our market, I have learnt a vital lesson. Don't expect any major bull like what we had this year January. if there will be any bull, it will be very short and it will be artificial. probably created by market makers to make money in the short term, then the reverse happens. just my opinion. due diligence advised

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GANDALF1(m): 7:24am On May 27, 2018
safepaulooo:

@GANDALF anytime I see your moniker I remember your optimistic analysis on DF. grin cheesy. Hope you are averaging down? grin

Still there. Nothing has changed in the company. look at FMN and you will get the true picture.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 9:54am On May 27, 2018
ogedanny:
While the stock market is crying every day, these two stocks I recommended for the year 2018 keep showing more bullish sign - http://nigerianstockstobuy.com/top-performing-stocks-watch-2018/

What of the caverton you recommended?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 10:00am On May 27, 2018
gokefolaranmi:
I am no mathematician but I am sure Chibuking81 is right. For e.g, $1,000 @#460 is 460,000. At a lower exchange rate of #200, you get 460,000/200= $2,300 already.

From your calculation the investor has made $1,300 for leaving his money in nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 10:30am On May 27, 2018
safepaulooo:
For those fearful of ELECTION BEAR read this:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/269840-why-nigeria-is-investors-best-destination-now-nbs-dg.html

- Dont fight the trend
- Listen to the charts, when prices are breaking below 200 DMA
- Caution should be your watchword
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gokefolaranmi(m): 10:33am On May 27, 2018
longlife20:

From your calculation the investor has made $1,300 for leaving his money in nigeria.
Yes, but it should come in when exchange rate of $-# is high. During the last recession amid dollar scarcity, someone gave me a thousand dollars @#500 translating to 500k to be returned 8 months later. By that time dollar was down to 360. So he got a few more dollars without me having to pay interest. So these guys will take out their money now, while prices are up hoping stock prices crash and come back to mop up when prices are down.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gokefolaranmi(m): 10:35am On May 27, 2018
longlife20:

Yes, but it should come in when exchange rate of $-# is high. During the last recession amid dollar scarcity, someone gave me a thousand dollars @#500 translating to 500k to be returned 8 months later. By that time dollar was down to 360. So he got a few more dollars without me having to pay interest. So these guys will take out their money now, while prices are up hoping stock prices crash and come back to mop up when prices are down for pennies. No undue advantage if they stay put. That's what Emir Sanusi does from his garden.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 11:05am On May 27, 2018
gokefolaranmi:
Yes, but it should come in when exchange rate of $-# is high. During the last recession amid dollar scarcity, someone gave me a thousand dollars @#500 translating to 500k to be returned 8 months later. By that time dollar was down to 360. So he got a few more dollars without me having to pay interest. So these guys will take out their money now, while prices are up hoping stock prices crash and come back to mop up when prices are down for pennies. No undue advantage if they stay put. That's what Emir Sanusi does from his garden.

The money was converted to naira, assuming the money was not converted, will you have made more dollar, the answer is no. If you convert your dollar when the naira is weak assumimg at N500 and the naira became strengthen say at N360, when converting back into dollar, you will have more dollar. So foreign investors gain when naira is strengthen and loss when naira is weaken. As at the moment dollar is being strengthened all over the world compare to other currencies, so investors are taking advantage of that
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 11:45am On May 27, 2018
Kashif:

Abeg make una help me break this analysis o. My brain don jam after the NSE parachute failure.

Somebody earning 300k a month, how is saving 2M a year possible?

My brother make una dey factor inflation in o.....I will not give a textbook definition, but my current general manager use to sit us down and reminise when he gives his wife fifty kobo for monthly upkeep and still fight her for 10 kobo change, then his idea of financial freedom is to have 200 Naira, his take home back hen was #1.23k.. He never believed he could save #200 after 38 working year. fastforward today wherd he earns about #400,000... Inflation no be those % dey quote for us in d news, u get the real jerk of it when old men talk, especially former bigga boyz
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 11:46am On May 27, 2018
GANDALF1:

Still there. Nothing has changed in the company. look at FMN and you will get the true picture.

True investor you are! However the game being played is strong proof that DF is typical KALOKALO stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gokefolaranmi(m): 11:50am On May 27, 2018
longlife20:

The money was converted to naira, assuming the money was not converted, will you have made more dollar, the answer is no. If you convert your dollar when the naira is weak assumimg at N500 and the naira became strengthen say at N360, when converting back into dollar, you will have more dollar. So foreign investors gain when naira is strengthen and loss when naira is weaken. As at the moment dollar is being strengthened all over the world compare to other currencies, so investors are taking advantage of that
Good. Now apply that to a potential share price crash. A bear rush.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:03pm On May 27, 2018
maishai:

My brother make una dey factor inflation in o.....I will not give a textbook definition, but my current general manager use to sit us down and reminise when he gives his wife fifty kobo for monthly upkeep and still fight her for 10 kobo change, then his idea of financial freedom is to have 200 Naira, his take home back hen was #1.23k.. He never believed he could save #200 after 38 working year. fastforward today wherd he earns about #400,000... Inflation no be those % dey quote for us in d news, u get the real jerk of it when old men talk, especially former bigga boyz

My brother all these data you are quoting must be like 40 years back, certainly cannot be from the 80s upward

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 27, 2018
maishai:

Fabu. grin

What year was that? Lord Luggard era?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 27, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

My brother all these data you are quoting must be like 40 years back, certainly cannot be from the 80s upward

In 1976 or so, brand new Peugeot 504 was 4,000.

So was the salary then N1.23( one naira 23kobo).

Was the man a civil servant?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 1:41pm On May 27, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

This is how I see it:
40+x years ago,
A man earned N1.23 monthly, gave wifey N0.5 for upkeep, and wanted N 200 for retirement.

Multiply through by 1,000,000

A man earns N1.23m monthly gives his wife 500k for upkeep and wants N200m for retirement.

Doesn't really seem like anything has changed.

People reminisce over past purchasing power of the naira, as if the much of it we earn today was what people earned in the past.

If the average annual salary of a 40-year old today buys just one brand new car, I'm sure the case was pretty much the case 40years ago regardless of numbers involved.

A similar case is folks salivating over a $15 an hour wage they hear about as if their expenses would be incurred in naira.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 1:44pm On May 27, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Fabu. grin
What year was that? Lord Luggard era?
Me I'm thinking "what naira is that? was there naira before 1973?"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Breadfruit: 1:45pm On May 27, 2018
Wow. I didn't know a platform like this existed.
All the shares I bought when I started trading myself some 2/3 months past have gone down, some to half the price sef.

It is discouraging to say the least.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:09pm On May 27, 2018
Breadfruit:
Wow. I didn't know a platform like this existed.
All the shares I bought when I started trading myself some 2/3 months past have gone down, some to half the price sef.

It is discouraging to say the least.

grin
Think about the number of times you've looked at a price chart and said to yourself, "Hmmm, it looks
like the market is going up (or down, as the case may be)," and what you thought was going to happen
actually happened. But you did nothing except watch the market move while you anguished over all the
money you could have made.
There's a big difference between predicting that something will happen in the market (and thinking
about all the money you could have made) and the reality of actually getting into and out of trades. I
call this difference, and others like it, a "psychological gap" that can make trading one of the most
difficult endeavors you could choose to undertake and certainly one of the most mysterious to master.
The big question is: Can trading be mastered? Is it possible to experience trading with the same ease
and simplicity implied when you are only watching the market and thinking about success, as opposed
to actually having to put on and take off trades?

...QUOTE from 'TRADING IN THE ZONE'_by Douglas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3601) (3602) (3603) (3604) (3605) (3606) (3607) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kereokwu(f), Payunsin, Toluway, NewBola and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.