Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10837337 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (7738) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2014
Elai147:

If PREMBREW like make e reach N5. I no like stocks wey resemble one chance. Hoping to enjoy my second loot on Wapic @N0.70 entry.
Dear Wapic, I'm coming back!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 7:51am On Aug 21, 2014
I wonder, why is BusinessDay the only news medium reporting negative news about Conoil?

Conoil HI profit down 36.77% on ballooning input cost
BusinessDay-5 hours ago

Conoil Profit Surges by 298%
THISDAY Live-Aug 19, 2014

Conoil's Profit Surges By 298 Per Cent
The Guardian-Aug 19, 2014

Conoil grows full-year profit by 329%
The Punch-Aug 18, 2014

Other incomes catapult Conoil 2013 profit
BusinessDay-Aug 13, 2014

Conoil declares N2.78b dividend for 2013 financial year
The Guardian Nigeria-Aug 10, 2014

Conoil records 25.25% fall in half-year profit
BusinessDay-Aug 14, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2cato: 8:28am On Aug 21, 2014
Avantajj: I wonder, why is BusinessDay the only news medium reporting negative news about Conoil?

BusinessDay-5 hours ago

The Punch-Aug 18, 2014

BusinessDay-Aug 13, 2014

BusinessDay-Aug 14, 2014

it might be due to different analyst analysing using different critaria.
The funny thing is that while some of them will downgrade a particuler stock and tell investors to sell, the same analyst will be the ones buying it secretly (e.g unilever) whlie most people are rushing to sell theirs some cowboys are secretly buying it at 49naira cheack the volume of unilever being traded u will be amazed.
Some analyst will tell investors to buy, only for them to succed in pumping the price of the stock by 30% and latter dump it on the investors who trusted their analysis. (pump and dump). So be very careful when taken decision made by one oluwole analyst
BSITL I am Redoil who was ban for 93years.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 8:42am On Aug 21, 2014
Avantajj: I wonder, why is BusinessDay the only news medium reporting negative news about Conoil?

BusinessDay-5 hours ago

The Punch-Aug 18, 2014

BusinessDay-Aug 13, 2014

BusinessDay-Aug 14, 2014

No mind Business day...na becos Con Oil never settle them there..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 8:57am On Aug 21, 2014
2cato:

grin grin grin

Welcome back
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 9:24am On Aug 21, 2014
2cato:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

These mods are bad o, imagine 93 years, humans' average age on earth is less than 80 sef. Choi!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 9:54am On Aug 21, 2014
2cato:

That name reminds the mods of their investment wey waka enter bush with okitipupa oil,chai 93years see wickedness like sey you be matusalen grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2cato: 10:01am On Aug 21, 2014
Some of them are still weeping from what happen to them in Daar and starcoms
hbrednic:

That name reminds the mods of their investment wey waka enter bush with okitipupa oil,chai 93years see wickedness like sey you be matusalen grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 10:07am On Aug 21, 2014
Okay, as promised, lets kick it off, first, you need an entry and exit price, don't be greedy please, and invest a certain percentage of your portfolio.

A target of three months, go for Afripud, set an entry price of 3.25, and an exit price of 3.80. The half year result was cool, we expect times two of the group's net income in the 2014 FYE, it is a registrar business, which generates a lot, most of these businesses invest the cash with them in bonds and bills, so it's safe to assume that they will hit the forcast net income. I guess everyone knows how registrar business operates.

Afripud, 16.90% return after three months.

Dont be greedy, exit when it gets to that mark.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:12am On Aug 21, 2014
nitrogen: Okay, as promised, lets kick it off, first, you need an entry and exit price, don't be greedy please, and invest a certain percentage of your portfolio.

A target of three months, go for Afripud, set an entry price of 3.25, and an exit price of 3.80. The half year result was cool, we expect times two of the group's net income in the 2014 FYE, it is a registrar business, which generates a lot, most of these businesses invest the cash with them in bonds and bills, so it's safe to assume that they will hit the forcast net income. I guess everyone knows how registrar business operates.

Dexter likes Africa Prudential Registrars.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:16am On Aug 21, 2014
nitrogen: Okay, as promised, lets kick it off, first, you need an entry and exit price, don't be greedy please, and invest a certain percentage of your portfolio.

You want to sell afriprud for 3.80 in 3 months? Why don't u add another 3 months and see if you can still get this to buy at 5.0? My take is that someone somewhere is trying to impress the shareholders in this coy. I won't even be surprised to see a bonus script issue come year end. What is certain is that they won't pay less than 0.35kobo as dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 10:19am On Aug 21, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

You want to sell afriprud for 3.80 in 3 months? Why don't u add another 3 months and see if you can still get this to buy at 5.0?

You are right, but uncertainty is extremely high at the moment, I don't think we will get to see any trend (positive or negative) in the next three months, we've got to be careful.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 10:21am On Aug 21, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:36am On Aug 21, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

You want to sell afriprud for 3.80 in 3 months? Why don't u add another 3 months and see if you can still get this to buy at 5.0? My take is that someone somewhere is trying to impress the shareholders in this coy. I won't even be surprised to see a bonus script issue come year end. What is certain is that they won't pay less than 0.35kobo as dividend

The company is configured from the ground up to reward shareholders. Not many Nigerian companies are oriented like Afriprud. And since they're in the Share Registration business, they're well poised to make shii happen...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:46am On Aug 21, 2014
The historical relationship between Okomu Oil and Presco is reasserting itself finally, re. Reversion to the Mean. Only if one could play the real statistical arbitrage with both!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 10:51am On Aug 21, 2014
Dexterax: The historical relationship between Okomu Oil and Presco is reasserting itself finally, re. Reversion to the Mean. Only if one could play the real statistical arbitrage with both!

Choi! You better go and join HF guys so you can hedge many things...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:59am On Aug 21, 2014
nitrogen: Gtb

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/7261_GTBANK_AUDITED_HALF_YEAR_JUNE_2014_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_AUGUST_2014.pdf

ok.. just 25kobo interim.. but which kind loan go bad like that we jerk up the loan loss by more than 200%

abi na now dem wan make provision for HITV loan?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2014
nitrogen:

Choi! You better go and join HF guys so you can hedge many things...

Hehehe.

My oga, baby steps. But you're right; I'm in this to exploit anything that can be exploited. Just that for now, due to the orientation of our local bourse, only one half of such strategies can be exploited; the LONG side.

After pitching my hypothesis to an uncle in the City, he advised me to go LONG on Presco instead. I disobeyed. The game's not over though. But for now, I'm ahead.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2014
Dexterax:
Hehehe.
My oga, baby steps. But you're right; I'm in this to exploit anything that can be exploited. Just that for now, due to the orientation of our local bourse, only one half of such strategies can be exploited; the LONG side.
After pitching my hypothesis to an uncle in the City, he advised me to go LONG on Presco instead. I disobeyed. The game's not over though. But for now, I'm ahead.

Abi na!

@Afoks1 baba, the stuff (commercial paper) is still available o, 5m minimum, better than bills at the moment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by insideview: 11:36am On Aug 21, 2014
nitrogen:

Abi na!

@Afoks1 baba, the stuff (commercial paper) is still available o, 5m minimum, better than bills at the moment.

@nitrogen

Kindly provide info on the CP you referred to. Appreciate kind response. Tnx.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 11:38am On Aug 21, 2014
Toluway: Honestly, i commend the ladies who are here hustling with us. Not all ladies will preffer hustling male's pockets you know. Some are as brave and adventurous as men. Just like my Mercillicious and Bigass.
they believe in egalitarian society
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:42am On Aug 21, 2014
insideview:

@nitrogen

Kindly provide info on the CP you referred to. Appreciate kind response. Tnx.

118 days, up to 20b naira on offer, implied yield is 11.35%, issuer is one big bank in Naija, rating is AAA (fitch)

gennitrogen@gmail.com for more.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jaybee3(m): 11:45am On Aug 21, 2014
nitrogen:

Abi na!

O'boi, abeg yarn me story na...

no chop all the money alone na
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:52am On Aug 21, 2014
jaybee3:

O'boi, abeg yarn me story na...

no chop all the money alone na

Boss, nawa for you o, you be my oga na!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 21, 2014
is it gtb?

#crosss leg n waiting for oando result. countdown mode activated.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jaybee3(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2014
nitrogen:

Boss, nawa for you o, you be my oga na!
What's the "IN" thing at the moment?

I have some spare dosh I wanna invest

PS: I don send you mail
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 11:55am On Aug 21, 2014
nitrogen:

118 days, up to 20b naira on offer, implied yield is 11.35%, issuer is one big bank in Naija, rating is AAA (fitch)

gennitrogen@gmail.com for more.

Interested
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
mercylicious: is it gtb?

#crosss leg n waiting for oando result. countdown mode activated.
it will be more better for them not to release the result now, because the result will push their price down.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afo1k: 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
nitrogen:

Abi na!

hope u can seee, pple dont really know much abt d cp stuff.....my oga u can create another thread for dat like tbill
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
@nitrogen

You've been DISCOVERED!

Hehehe...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
Afo1k: hope u can seee, pple dont really know much abt d cp stuff.....my oga u can create another thread for dat like tbill

Nah! No need. This simple explanation would do.

CP is like treasury bills, but issued by companies, you pay a discounted amount and collect the face value at maturity date. Simples!

Though, it is a bit risky, but there are good companies you can buy their CPs, like Gtbank, Stanbic IBTC, Access bank etc, their credit ratings are very okay.

CP is a short term investment, and you are safe, the better the credit rating of the issuer, the lower the rate offered. So a bank/company not really strong can give you 14% while a strong bank/company can give you 10%.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
nitrogen:

Nah! No need. This simple explanation would do.

CP is like treasury bills, but issued by companies, you pay a discounted amount and collect the face value at maturity date. Simples!

Though, it is a bit risky, but there are good companies you can buy their CPs, like Gtbank, Stanbic IBTC, Access bank etc, their credit ratings are very okay.

CP is a short term investment, and you are safe, the better the credit rating of the issuer, the lower the rate offered. So a bank/company not really strong can give you 14% while a strong bank/company can give you 10%.

Meanwhile bruv...its funny these guys would issue a 'AAA' rating on that CP, considering that the Sovereign within which the company's domiciled bears a lower rating.

Rating agencies sha...

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (7738) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: aberdeenshire, RoyalP101(m), Locotrader(m), SonofElElyonRet, 222Martins(m), leparj(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.