Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10906106 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (7759) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 8:29am On Aug 22, 2014
mercylicious:
7up- my no1 in d recommended stocks doing its ppl proud. we saw d price @ 100naira and was waiting for it to take drop a little bt d stock is resistant to d mkt bears.i neva eta cos money don finish. i hope d price drops back to 115 by oct nov wen i will be expecting some inflows.

Contact the pension funds and institutional dudes who own the majority. Make an investment case for them to sell their holdings. Hehehe...

7Up ain't dropping anytime soon babe...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by justi4jesu(f): 8:44am On Aug 22, 2014
Charlesnerd: Interesting convo....

You guys know the drill,pictures or we dont believe it grin

grin grin Nairaland don spoil plenty people oh..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:50am On Aug 22, 2014
mercylicious:
7up- my no1 in d recommended stocks doing its ppl proud. we saw d price @ 100naira and was waiting for it to take drop a little bt d stock is resistant to d mkt bears.i neva eta cos money don finish. i hope d price drops back to 115 by oct nov wen i will be expecting some inflows.

It's destination is 300

Disclosure; I'm not in the bus
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 8:57am On Aug 22, 2014
Dexterax:

Contact the pension funds and institutional dudes who own the majority. Make an investment case for them to sell their holdings. Hehehe...

7Up ain't dropping anytime soon babe...

Top of the day Boss D...... No pass for me mehn!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Thought I'd be done with it before I start growing white hair but the guys at Charlottesville has another plan for me.

How far, have you met the guy that was on about the FO/Oando deal yet?

For all those interested in storage biz, will post some valuable info this weekend. Time to buy, to sell, and all what not.

E be like say I go get small time this weekend, so expect me here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 9:04am On Aug 22, 2014
omaojo1:

Top of the day Boss D...... No pass for me mehn!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Thought I'd be done with it before I start growing white hair but the guys at Charlottesville has another plan for me.

For all those interested in storage biz, will post some valuable info this weekend. Time to buy, to sell, and all what not.

My oga...This weekend hopefully. It's gon be a busy weekend though. Make we see as e go be.

I sent you something earlier this week. But u may ignore it though, the matter's been resolved. These your peeps don dey run countdown for me mehn...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 9:28am On Aug 22, 2014
Dexterax:

My oga...This weekend hopefully. It's gon be a busy weekend though. Make we see as e go be.

I sent you something earlier this week. But u may ignore it though, the matter's been resolved. This your peeps don dey run countdown for me mehn...

So sorry I did not check that mail. As per calling me your oga, you are always the boss. Still an infant trying to learn the ropes of this trade. As a clue, was hoping to nail the other stuff by 30 before those guy disappointed me.

The countdown is there to keep you aware, you have an IQ that is above par so I expect you to crush it at a go.

Me see that guy as a jobber, someone looking for who will buy him drinks. Never underestimate Mercy's comment. If you ask me, you gave him the appropriate reply here;
Dexterax:

Anyways I've taken the necessary positions in the stock market already if u go thru my posts.

Will send you a mail later.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 9:28am On Aug 22, 2014
justi4jesu:

grin grin Nairaland don spoil plenty people oh..

When you are in rome?.......when you are on nairaland?....... wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2014
omaojo1:
Will send you a mail later.

No qualms bruv...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 10:59am On Aug 22, 2014
omaojo1:

So sorry I did not check that mail. As per calling me your oga, you are always the boss. Still an infant trying to learn the ropes of this trade. As a clue, was hoping to nail the other stuff by 30 before those guy disappointed me.

Shit happens, dont worry, it is all good, me still hope to nail it by 25 grin Though its going to be tough sha.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:03am On Aug 22, 2014
nitrogen:

Shiit happens, dont worry, it is all good, me still hope to nail it by 25 grin Though its going to be tough sha.

U dey form under 25 bah? Make I no open your matter here oh!

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:21am On Aug 22, 2014
nitrogen:

Shit happens, dont worry, it is all good, me still hope to nail it by 25 grin Though its going to be tough sha.

All these una carpentary works, e for better make una carry am go workshop na

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 11:28am On Aug 22, 2014
http://businessdayonline.com/2014/08/kunoch-acquires-diamond-bank-stake-from-actis-cdc-group/#.U_cRPKNmi_0

Actis divesting from Diamond bank and Dozie family buying off their shares through its holding company ,Kunoch.

A vote of no confidence?. Actis kept faith with Diamond bank through its dark period,why would they want to leave now,when the bank is supposedly positioning itself to join the league of Tier 1 banks?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2014
omaojo1:

Thank you 'cos I'm interested. Got to start doing things with ma manny
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2014
Charlesnerd: http://businessdayonline.com/2014/08/kunoch-acquires-diamond-bank-stake-from-actis-cdc-group/#.U_cRPKNmi_0

Actis divesting from Diamond bank and Dozie family buying off their shares through its holding company ,Kunoch.

A vote of no confidence?. Actis kept faith with Diamond bank through its dark period,why would they want to leave now,when the bank is supposedly positioning itself to join the league of Tier 1 banks?.

Bros, PE firms always have shelf life for their investments, they exit at the end, for Actis, I think it is six years, they can exit by selling the investment to another PE firm, sell to an HNI or some other way. Basically, they set a target return, and shelf life so to speak.

Diamond is still cool, no problem with the bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:37am On Aug 22, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

All these una carpentary works, e for better make una carry am go workshop na

If u no take time, we go chisel u join!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:40am On Aug 22, 2014
nitrogen:

Bros, PE firms always have shelf life for their investments, they exit at the end, for Actis, I think it is six years, they can exit by selling the investment to another PE firm, sell to an HNI or some other way. Basically, they set a target return, and shelf life so to speak.

And based on vested interests, P. Dozie has a major one in Actis so no issues really.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2014
is somebody not thinking the way of UACN
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:46am On Aug 22, 2014
All these codings u guys are involved in @nitrogen@Dexterax@Omaojo1 should be done behind the scene DM if you are not ready to divulge info to members of the blog. #ThereisGodooooooo. OmAOJO - please open a new thread for the egusi, beans, gaari, Palmoil and co and paste the link here for those interested

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:50am On Aug 22, 2014
Dexterax:

And based on vested interests, P. Dozie has a major one in Actis so no issues really.

True
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
Aks: All these codings u guys are involved in @nitrogen@Dexterax@Omaojo1 should be done behind the scene DM if you are not ready to divulge info to members of the blog. #ThereisGodooooooo. OmAOJO - please open a new thread for the egusi, beans, gaari, Palmoil and co and paste the link here for those interested

Noted. My apologies for 'derailing' the thread.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
nitrogen:

Pardon my ignorance.

If Actis had a shelf life of six years,its apparent their set target was not met ,taking into consideration the poor performance of the bank during the period.Is it possible Actis benefited from the partnership through other means?.

Assuming there was no side benefits,it seems logical to extend the tenure of your investment at a period when the bank seems to be turning a new corner.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
Elai147:

grin How you take dey know 'successful looking' person?
Like that BITL, or Dude wey dey inside the mirror.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
I am still experiencing difficulties buying on morgan itrade. Does anyone have the same issue? sad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
Charlesnerd:

Pardon my ignorance.

If Actis had a shelf life of six years,its apparent their set target was not met ,taking into consideration the poor performance of the bank during the period.Is it possible Actis benefited from the partnership through other means?.

Assuming there was no side benefits,it seems logical to extend the tenure of your investment at a period when the bank seems to be turning a new corner.

I think they've realised their investment in Diamond bank. Looking at when they invested in the bank, they've made more than 100%. They've moved on to other things.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
mpi210:

I think they've realised their investment in Diamond bank. Looking at when they invested in the bank, they've made more than 100%. They've moved on to other things.

What was the price of diamond bank shares in 2007?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

What was the price of diamond bank shares in 2007?

A lil' above N10. Hmmmmmmm

I want to believe they struck a deal then and bought the way PIC bought into Dangote Cement at a discount.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
Charlesnerd:
Pardon my ignorance.

Don't forget that aside capital appreciation, there are other earnings, e.g bonus, dividends, etc. So, Actis probably made cool earnings every year (like on the average 12%), bought the shares at discount (maybe 7 naira), 12% for five years, and your principal back at the end is a good deal, also, our currency depreciated over the six years, and am sure their fund has dollars as base currency, so to speak. Lotta stuffs to relate it to.

NB: PE firms don't always get their fingers burnt, they do due diligence like mahd, and they will never exit a good investment, if the target hasn't been met.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 1:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
Buy this Stock!
This stock is an icon of impossible achievement.
Grace under the Bear pressure.
NSE crash endured.
‘High-priced stock’ crowned.
And ROI records broken.
It doesn’t just make PROFIT, it makes history.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
Whats happening in Consolidated Hallmark Insurance?
13,640 units traded in the last 10 days, 10.5 m units traded so far today!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
Avantajj: Buy this Stock!
This stock is an icon of impossible achievement.
Grace under the Bear pressure.
NSE crash endured.
‘High-priced stock’ crowned.
And ROI records broken.
It doesn’t just make PROFIT, it makes history.

You wan sell bah?

Smh.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
Charlesnerd:

Pardon my ignorance.

I dont think it has anything to do with performance. Trw stockbrokers in their news/blog section posted this abt a month ago. They said d deal was abt to mature and will be redeemed by the coy. i feel its a kind of instrument dt is redeemed after a specified period of time. ill check trw stockbrokers blog and post d link here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
For me, the banks are a no go area for 2014 year end except u r going for long term.

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (7759) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hogwarthtrades, SonofElElyonRet, Hedgefunds, gbengafaro1986, adamx23(m), beejay1(m), Whytehandy, megawealth01 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.