Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10906508 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (7759) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
^^so i should be expecting 500k gain from minimum of 5m
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afo1k: 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
Dexterax: @nitrogen

You've been DISCOVERED!

Hehehe...
he's COVERED
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
Dexterax:

Meanwhile bruv...its funny these guys would issue a 'AAA' rating on that CP, considering that the Sovereign within which the company's domiciled bears a lower rating.

Rating agencies sha...

Well, they have to consider the business as an entity, the environment is nothing really, there are other factors to be considered. The likes of GTB is thriving big time in west Africa and maybe UK, also, good corporate governance, and interesting results, non performing loans too would be checked. Nigeria is having a lower rating because of lack of infrastructures, corruption etc.

Public corporations and Nigeria will definitely have high positive relationship(s) with respect to credit ratings, but good private coys run by technocrats tend to have low positive or even negative relationship.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
CP is as risky as FD. I still prefer TBills (0% risk). Rates are currently not too good with Tbills hence, i am fully in the stock market for now. Interest from CP is subject to tax deductions unlike Tbill and Tbill has better liquidity in the secondary market. People should consider the country in which they are investing their money before taking any step (AAA rating or no AAA rating), depending on your risk tolerance. Abeg make una open another thread for this una CP. This is stock market thread and BnSITL are currently not happy. Biko.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
bigass: i don't know if this happens to any other person here. I tend to visualize the physical appearance of forumites.

Mercy :Tall light bursty tones but not bleaching

4dchairman:dark muscular hairy

Myjoy08:light chubby buttie tushh fineboy

Dexter: short big muscular and hairy.

Ewumi: Old bald slim ugly and wicked looking

more later
Hilarious...but wrong on Ewumi. He is not that old. More like middle aged. I have a dim memory of his photo I saw in the papers a while back. Black, burly and successful looking. Mind you Emmanuel Ewumi, I think, is his real name. A known motivational speaker in investment seminars and the like. It was a half picture so no idea wether tall or shot. As for wicked looking, far be it from Emma. You get "busy body" imagination.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vgirl: 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
Welcome back redoil
2cato: it might be due to different analyst analysing using different critaria.
The funny thing is that while some of them will downgrade a particuler stock and tell investors to sell, the same analyst will be the ones buying it secretly (e.g unilever) whlie most people are rushing to sell theirs some cowboys are secretly buying it at 49naira cheack the volume of unilever being traded u will be amazed.
Some analyst will tell investors to buy, only for them to succed in pumping the price of the stock by 30% and latter dump it on the investors who trusted their analysis. (pump and dump). So be very careful when taken decision made by one oluwole analyst
BSITL I am Redoil who was ban for 93years.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 2:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
bigass: dragonking: tall fine light[b] pot belly but villager looking[/b]
If you were not out to pull the leg of the dragon, then remove the bolded and sbstitute fit and outgoing, by my own imaging.
Btw the easiest person to picture here is bigass herself. All a cartoonist needs is a marker pointed on paper and a quick glance at your moniker. The part to balloon out is quite clear.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 2:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
@notrogen, Can you please open a new thread for CP and other related matters. I don't think it's wise to derail this thread, anybody interested can contact him directly. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
Aks: @notrogen, Can you please open a new thread for CP and other related matters. I don't think it's wise to derail this thread, anybody interested can contact him directly. Thank you

Nitrogen monkey-hunting for CP

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
Elai147: CP is as risky as FD. I still prefer TBills (0% risk). Rates are currently not too good with Tbills hence, i am fully in the stock market for now. Interest from CP is subject to tax deductions unlike Tbill and Tbill has better liquidity in the secondary market. People should consider the country in which they are investing their money before taking any step (AAA rating or no AAA rating), depending on your risk tolerance. Abeg make una open another thread for this una CP. This is stock market thread and BnSITL are currently not happy. Biko.

As much as I understand your fear about commercial papers, I'd like to remind you that based on debt seniority and in the event of complete liquidation of the entity that issues the CP, holders of the CP will get paid FIRST before equity holders are considered, and yes, considered. Infact common shareholders of a company bear the highest risk! That's 1.

2. We permit the sharing of jokes and the like here, bullish or bearish season, so one or two pages of CP material shouldn't hurt anyone really.

Finally, anyone who's hurting because some other guy might be cleaning out in another asset class while equities are having a (temporary) hard time should wake up to the realities of capitalism.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
feelamong: CCNN firing on all cylinders today!!
This market is a very funny place... same stock was almost on offer at 13.6 about 4 days ago..
make all those wey sell the stock waka comot try enter again o.. cos na 20 be our next destination..
passwelle:
I think it may be yet another bubble, to think 500,000 units of it were traded at 15.98 this morning and now it is back at 14.70!
In the words of John Hussman "The problem with bubbles is that they force one to decide whether to look like an i diot before the peak, or an idio t after the peak."
CCNN and its bubbles, as you rightly pointed out the market is indeed a very funny place grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
zendi: Hilarious...but wrong on Ewumi. He is not that old. More like middle aged. I have a dim memory of his photo I saw in the papers a while back. Black, burly and successful looking. Mind you Emmanuel Ewumi, I think, is his real name. A known motivational speaker in investment seminars and the like. It was a half picture so no idea wether tall or shot. As for wicked looking, far be it from Emma. You get "busy body" imagination.

grin How you take dey know 'successful looking' person?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
Elai147: CP is as risky as FD. I still prefer TBills (0% risk). Rates are currently not too good with Tbills hence, i am fully in the stock market for now. Interest from CP is subject to tax deductions unlike Tbill and Tbill has better liquidity in the secondary market. People should consider the country in which they are investing their money before taking any step (AAA rating or no AAA rating), depending on your risk tolerance. Abeg make una open another thread for this una CP. This is stock market thread and BnSITL are currently not happy. Biko.

Tax freeeeeeeeeeee...

Anyway, I aint looking for people to buy, just thought I could share some other options in this interesting times. Back to our stock Market matter, since our local investors are not ready to to delve into other aspects, which will never aid the development of our financial market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
Dexterax:

As much as I understand your fear about commercial papers, I'd like to remind you that based on debt seniority and in the event of complete liquidation of the entity that issues the CP, holders of the CP will get paid FIRST before equity holders are considered, and yes, considered. Infact common shareholders of a company bear the highest risk! That's 1.

2. We permit the sharing of jokes and the like here, bullish or bearish season, so one or two pages of CP material shouldn't hurt anyone really.

Finally, anyone who's hurting because some other guy might be cleaning out in another asset class while equities are having a (temporary) hard time should wake up to the realities of capitalism.

No problem my oga as long as we don't derail the thread. That part of my post that says 'BnSITL are currently not happy' was meant as a joke ooo. I am very happy with the bears
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
nitrogen:

Tax freeeeeeeeeeee...

Anyway, I aint looking for people to buy, just thought I could share some other options in this interesting times. Back to our stock Market matter, since our local investors are not ready to to delve into other aspects, which will never aid the development of our financial market.

grin no vex bros. Just a norm whenever the thread is about to derail. A new thread for it will help investors digest CP more than the intro they will get on this thread.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
CP, TB and other derivatives are at my beck and call cos i work in a FI. I know all that it entails BUT @nitrogen, if u open a new thread for it and place the link here on this thread, i bet you, a lot of people will be interested in the discussion. You can also educate guys who are new to it as well. #justmythought

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
@Bigass...

I've come to terms with your description of me...

"Short, big, muscular and hairy."

I'm sure it's due to the directness of my writings.

I'm comforting myself with the fact that this almost mirrors the description of a typical Jewish banker. One comes to mind actually...A.M. Rothschild.

*May the money flow accordingly*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
Aks: CP, TB and other derivatives are at my beck and call cos i work in a FI. I know all that it entails BUT @nitrogen, if u open a new thread for it and place the link here on this thread, i bet you, a lot of people will be interested in the discussion. You can also educate guys who are new to it as well. #justmythought
Yes boss! smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
Dexterax:

Dexter monkey-hunting for CP

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
Market to bottom out first week of Sept after Oando plunges

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
Agbalowomeri: Market to bottom out first week of Sept after Oando plunges

I didn't know you've joined the company of prophets.

Issokay! Another evidence that DiaRisGod.

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
Volume price analysis:
Sterlnbank and zenithbank > Effort to rise
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2014

To N20 you mean

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by uboma(m): 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
I sold some of my holdings in Transcorp and Sterling Bank for N5.66 and N2.23 per share respectively. I plan on investing into storage biz for now (especially on egusi...)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
oando will surprise u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
uboma: I sold some of my holdings in Transcorp and Sterling Bank for N5.66 and N2.23 per share respectively. I plan on investing into storage biz for now (especially on egusi...)
uboma uboma . every biz has its risk too. Did i tell u i did beans storage durin my service year inGombe state? I lost 1k per bag cos there was glut that year. i bought and sold inGombe.
I didnt feel d loss much cos the storage helped me save.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
mercylicious:
oando will surprise u.
You are also in for a surprise.
Oando, surprising everyone except the Cowboys since 2012!
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
Avantajj: I wonder, why is BusinessDay the only news medium reporting negative news about Conoil?

Conoil HI profit down 36.77% on ballooning input cost
BusinessDay-5 hours ago

Conoil Profit Surges by 298%
THISDAY Live-Aug 19, 2014

Conoil's Profit Surges By 298 Per Cent
The Guardian-Aug 19, 2014

Conoil grows full-year profit by 329%
The Punch-Aug 18, 2014

Other incomes catapult Conoil 2013 profit
BusinessDay-Aug 13, 2014

Conoil declares N2.78b dividend for 2013 financial year
The Guardian Nigeria-Aug 10, 2014

Conoil records 25.25% fall in half-year profit
BusinessDay-Aug 14, 2014

Thank's keep it up.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by uboma(m): 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
mercylicious:
uboma uboma . every biz has its risk too. Did i tell u i did beans storage durin my service year inGombe state? I lost 1k per bag cos there was glut that year. i bought and sold inGombe.
I didnt feel d loss much cos the storage helped me save.

My dear, i am well aware of the risk involved in storage business (talking from experience too). I had to sell off some of my holdings in Transcorp and Sterling because the 'egusi' storage biz seems more lucrative at least for now. I am out to maximise viable investments...
God help us all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
2cato: it might be due to different analyst analysing using different critaria.
The funny thing is that while some of them will downgrade a particuler stock and tell investors to sell, the same analyst will be the ones buying it secretly (e.g unilever) whlie most people are rushing to sell theirs some cowboys are secretly buying it at 49naira cheack the volume of unilever being traded u will be amazed.
Some analyst will tell investors to buy, only for them to succed in pumping the price of the stock by 30% and latter dump it on the investors who trusted their analysis. (pump and dump). So be very careful when taken decision made by one oluwole analyst
BSITL I am Redoil who was ban for 93years.
Wellcome there keep it up. many people change there name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (7759) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: teejay1334(m), Iamblessed85, goldendessy(m), manwomanok, Choiceguy, handsomebolanle, beejay1(m), KarlTom, kdaddy and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.