Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10870884 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (7749) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chainy: 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
Guyz am trying to build a portfolio. I have a few stocks presently. Pls advise on who can manage my small portfolio. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
chainy: Guyz am trying to build a portfolio. I have a few blocks presently. Pls advise on who can manage my small portfolio. Thanks

Oga u no get bricklayers for your area?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
chainy: Guyz am trying to build a portfolio. I have a few stocks presently. Pls advise on who can manage my small portfolio. Thanks

Contact Avantajj, a portfolio manager, on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
Tjohn1:

As you cherry pick, even the prices of the ones you picked, continues to drop.

Stock Market, patience is key.

Bros, buying below the intrinsic value of a blue chip coy after my DD is key.
Even if it drops lower, I won't even bat an eyelash.

If e no shit, e must vomit

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
Elai147: ^^ Currentprice where are you na?

grin

feelamong:
Omo Bear don pursue am go thread for beans storage... grin

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Oando has been infected with Ebola Viral Disease
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
i just noticed share icon on nairaland. wat is itvmeant for? hope d tin no dey go my fb.
i also noticed additonal icons on smn.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dexterax: Omo una no go kee me

"Impossibility is nothing."
"Possibility is something."
"Impossibility is possibility."
"Possibility is impossibility."

grin
my oga! what statement is this, and what is the conclusion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dexterax: Omo una no go kee me

"Impossibility is nothing."
"Possibility is something."
"Impossibility is possibility."
"Possibility is impossibility."
big boss! What statement be dis and wetin be the conclusion
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
bigass: Oando has been infected with Ebola Viral Disease

Madam, are you aware that Ebola Viral Disease you mentioned has been successful taken care of (cured) in Nigeria through the grace of God; compare to other west Africa countries like Liberia and Sierra Leone? So that means, you are on your own as per your self-wishes!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dexterax:

grin grin

Dexter's a bully..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dexter is too manner less for a man. Bigass, palaver you dey find palaver you go ........#strollsaway hides on that the sofa

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 5:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
bigass: Dexter is too manner less for a man. Bigass, palaver you dey find palaver you go ........#strollsaway hides on that the sofa

*Dexter joins biggie on that sofa. A night vigil commences immediately.*

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
Na so my portfolio stand gidigba for this bear
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
Agbalowomeri: Na so my portfolio stand gidigba for this bear

I no know sey u get portfolio Ogbeni.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dexterax:

I no know sey u get portfolio Ogbeni.
grin

No mind am, after off-coding everybody and putting off d newbies, he went on to load at the back.

#BadMenDem
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 7:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
chainy: Guyz am trying to build a portfolio. I have a few stocks presently. Pls advise on who can manage my small portfolio. Thanks

No no I am not a portfolio manager just an investor with a burgeoning portfolio. I would advocate u try understanding the nigerian stock market and managing your own portfolio and then add to your knowledge, advices from trusted stockbrokers or from forums such as this one.

If u choose not to, u may speak with your stockbroker regarding this. Some stockbrokers do manage funds for their clients u know? Although getting a stockbroker or "professional" to manage for I can hinder the growth of your portfolio. Most times these so called managers dump unwanted stocks in your portfolio and with good reason too. For example a well informed manager could have dumped OANDO (a good stock as claimed by many) in your portfolio just after the announcement that the cop deal had been closed.

When the closure of the deal was announced in the early hours of the morning, upon market resumption the price jumped about 9%. A well informed manager may know to sell and pass the stock onto u at the day's highest price say 28.07. From this point it's downhill for the stock, due to investor fears about the company's debt, etc. meanwhile u hold on because 1. U are afraid to sell and make a loss or 2. U think u do have a very good stock and it's price might appreciate " any moment from now". So while u contemplate all this your broker has gingerly invested the funds in another stock say, 7up. Later on when OANDO is at the lowest possible price and good to go the manager by this time would have increased his principle. He then buys OANDO at this low price say 20.

All in all the manager's portfolio shows tremendous growth while yours has been basically stagnant all this time. But he will claim he has managed wisely for you. And really why not did he not buy for you OANDO??

But the thing u must always remember is why u started a portfolio in the first place. It was to grow your net worth and the versatile investor as opposed to the inflexible investor surely grows it and at a faster pace.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dexterax:

How quaint
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
Avantajj:

No no I am not a portfolio manager just an investor with a burgeoning portfolio. I would advocate u try understanding the nigerian stock market and managing your own portfolio and then add to your knowledge, advices from trusted stockbrokers or from forums such as this one.

If u choose not to, u may speak with your stockbroker regarding this. Some stockbrokers do manage funds for their clients u know? Although getting a stockbroker or "professional" to manage for I can hinder the growth of your portfolio. Most times these so called managers dump unwanted stocks in your portfolio and with good reason too. [b]For example a well informed manager could have dumped OANDO (a good stock as claimed by many) in your portfolio just after the announcement that the cop deal had been closed.

When the closure of the deal was announced in the early hours of the morning, upon market resumption the price jumped about 9%. A well informed manager may know to sell and pass the stock onto u at the day's highest price say 28.07. From this point it's downhill for the stock, due to investor fears about the company's debt, etc. meanwhile u hold on because 1. U are afraid to sell and make a loss or 2. U think u do have a very good stock and it's price might appreciate " any moment from now". So while u contemplate all this your broker has gingerly invested the funds in another stock say, 7up. Later on when OANDO is at the lowest possible price and good to go the manager by this time would have increased his principle. He then buys OANDO at this low price say 20.

All in all the manager's portfolio shows tremendous growth while yours has been basically stagnant all this time. But he will claim he has managed wisely for you. And really why not did he not buy for you OANDO?? [/b]

But the thing u must always remember is why u started a portfolio in the first place. It was to grow your net worth and the versatile investor as opposed to the inflexible investor surely grows it and at a faster pace.

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wakes: 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
HELP! I bought TRANSCORP at the IPO. I lived in Jos then. Because I did not know much(still don't know much), I could not process my certificate. Now I am trying to contact the stock broking firm through which I bought the shares: BYTOFEL SECURITIES... to no avail.

I was once invited for the AGM by the registrars but I just don't know how to track my shares now.
What can I do?
Thanks in advance for you support.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
bigass: Dexter is too manner less for a man. Bigass, palaver you dey find palaver you go ........#strollsaway hides on that the sofa

This reminds me of a guy nick named mannerles in school. Dont just bet anything abt manners with him cos u r sure to lose. This guy can wear only pant and cat walk from male hostel to female hostel n back. Always doing mannerless things to make ppl talk abt him. I once saw him one evening in Hall B, walk naked from bathroom to his room with soap lather on his body. He got to his room, carried a bucket of water and walked back to d bathrm still naked. Guys were switching off the verander lights but he was undisturbed. And guess wat? chicks like d mannerless die.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
mercylicious:

This reminds me of a guy nick named mannerles in school. Dont just bet anything abt manners with him cos u r sure to lose. This guy can wear only pant and cat walk from male hostel to female hostel n back. Always doing mannerless things to make ppl talk abt him. I once saw him one evening in Hall B, walk naked from bathroom to his room with soap lather on his body. He got to his room, carried a bucket of water and walked back to d bathrm still naked. Guys were switching off the verander lights but he was undisturbed. And guess wat? chicks like d mannerless die.

So in short, you like Dexter?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
dsonofmaan:

So in short, you like Dexter?
No be only she ooooo. Me sef.......

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
wakes: HELP! I bought TRANSCORP at the IPO. I lived in Jos then. Because I did not know much(still don't know much), I could not process my certificate. Now I am trying to contact the stock broking firm through which I bought the shares: BYTOFEL SECURITIES... to no avail.

I was once invited for the AGM by the registrars but I just don't know how to track my shares now.
What can I do?
Thanks in advance for you support.

Approach the registrar
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wakes: 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
Yem0350:

Approach the registrar
Thanks, Yem0350. I just contacted the person who helped me and remembered that he got the cscs account number. But how do I use it to check the status of my Transcorp shares now?
Thanks again for your support.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
Noooo. I love Hispy mercylessly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dexterax:

bros. I PM'ed you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
wakes:
Thanks, Yem0350. I just contacted the person who helped me and remembered that he got the cscs account number. But how do I use it to check the status of my Transcorp shares now?
Thanks again for your support.

As Yem0350 already said, contact the registrar, you'll be properlly updated on the status of your shares. Then you can request that they move your shares to a new broker (i'll advice that you open an account with meristem, i think they have the best customer care service).

The registrar may require you to take your share certificate to your broker who wil then revert to them. If you do not have your certificate, you can request for a new one, all you need do is fill the e-certificate replacement form, get a court affidavit with your passport on it and a recent copy of your CSCS account statement (which you must have opened with your new broker) and you're good to go.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nexth11: 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dexterax:
Avantajj:

How quaint

This Deterax vs Avantajj fight with Bigass and Mercylicious falling in love with Dexterax...me watching all this drama unfold in 3D.

Inbtw: oando still bullish technically...atleast historical datawise
#bearisbad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ayztech(f): 10:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nexth11:

This Deterax vs Avantajj fight wi..

Good thing plenty people like Avantajj full here wen nor sabi fight..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 1:11am On Aug 28, 2014
Please advice me on what exactly to do on this fraudic-case-file.It happens that around 2009 i opened a brokering account thru d help of a great personality at nse office,omolabake house,challenge,ibadan.This wonderful distingushed gentleman opened a brokerage account for me in enterprise stockbrokers plc then though the firm has now changed its name to enterprise stockbrokers ltd and he told me to go to the office address of that brokerage firm,when i got there i met a person called MR TOSIN he happens to be the only one in that office and frm there i knew him to be my account officer.So anytime i want to buy then,i dont hv other any other means of sending money to him than to send d money into his account and he would go and withdraw and use d money to buy me whatever i might hv instructed him thru text msg.Moreover,that had been going on finely and sincerely MR TOSIN was a honest and kind hearted man but one day i went to enterprise stockbrokers plc's office at mobil,challenge/ring road along jogor centre lane,i got to discovered that the office was no more there again.Instantly,i called him,i told him why didnt he informed me,well he said then "i have been lay-offed" and so i then asked him to give me another person who works in enterprise so that i would be able to keep investing back so he then gave me an employee number i then called that one and introduced myself properly and i asked for assistance thru which i can be remitting money into his bank account and then he gave me after i made him understood my intention.But,i then discovered that each time i send money to this useless man he wouldnt use my money to buy as i had instructed,he would rather used d money to trade b4 returning it back and by d time he would buy it would hv been too pricey but he would buy like.So to cut it short,let me tell u this particular one that happened in april 2012,i told him to sell oando worth #80,000 in 2012 aside #40,000 he was owning me b4 though he has paid that one.Moreover each time i told him to sell 5000units of oando that he bought for me at #30 and which i told hmi to sell at #20 when i couldnt take d loss any longer,he kept giving me a brainless and suspecting excuses all the time but only for me to be following his foolish excuses.Now till this very moment he has just paid that #40,000 he owned me separately while that #80,000 hasnt been paid inspite of my patience for d past 2yrs now and yet he has now switching off his phone.So distinguished comrades what can you advice me to do to get my money back b4 i finnish this man clinically and other means......atleast hv been watching him play his drama on me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (7749) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ositadima1(m), Ginalex(f), Zegra, Streetinvestor2, Zagee, Babynerd, perfectgen(m), sterlingD(m), Pete002, kalkah, DrGrow(m), rebekah2011(m), ekkywolex(m), Locotrader(m), Jerekre(m) and 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.