Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,433 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:14 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11032896 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (7804) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
On IEI, the 2012 results released in May 14 grin can be accessed here http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/6176_INTERNATIONAL_ENERGY__AUDITED_2012_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MAY_2014.pdf
On page 72 there is a N1,7bn figure and in the notes it states:
This is an investment in IEI Investment Limited. IEI Investment Limited was the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for facilitating the Investment in Heritage Bank Limited. The Note issued to IEI Plc by IEI Investment Limited is redeemable or convertible on 31 December 2013.The Notes gives the holder a right to surrender 100% of the note certificate or part thereof for conversion into ordinary shares of Heritage Bank Limited, the post acquisition entity that emerged from Societe Generale Bank Ltd at the end of the tenor. The conversion of the Note is meant to be at 15% premium on the net asset value of Heritage Bank."
Anyone know what happened after the 31st of Dec?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by donmarshia(m): 6:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
Mpeace: Take a look at Transcorp's 2013 result, you will find that the sum borrowed and spent on acquisitions and other projects did not reflect in the profit and loss section(result at a glance on pg 5) but were mentioned in pg44 (2.16) as "capitalised".http://transcorpnigeria.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Transcorp-PLC-2013-Annual-Report.pdf.

Oga, You are right. Capital expenditure is not written off once, it is capitalized and depreciated over the years.
Simple example: If I borrow money to buy a laptop for 100,000 naira, I will have a fixed asset (laptop) in my balance sheet worth 100k and I will have liabilities also 100k (borrowed funds).
The only expense going to the income statement will be the
interest expense on borrowing.
Please I am only saying that ur line of reasoning is correct accounting. I have nothing to say about OandO's results.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 6:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
passwelle: On IEI, the 2012 results released in May 14 grin can be accessed here http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/6176_INTERNATIONAL_ENERGY__AUDITED_2012_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MAY_2014.pdf
This is an investment in IEI Investment Limited. IEI Investment Limited was the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for facilitating the Investment in Heritage Bank Limited. The Note issued to IEI Plc by IEI Investment Limited is redeemable or convertible on 31 December 2013.The Notes gives the holder a right to surrender 100% of the note certificate or part thereof for conversion into ordinary shares of Heritage Bank Limited, the post acquisition entity that emerged from Societe Generale Bank Ltd at the end of the tenor. The conversion of the Note is meant to be at 15% premium on the net asset value of Heritage Bank."

This reminds me of forward looking things...

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
Dexterax:

This reminds me of forward looking things...

grin

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
passwelle: On IEI, the 2012 results released in May 14 grin can be accessed here http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/6176_INTERNATIONAL_ENERGY__AUDITED_2012_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MAY_2014.pdf

Abeg check the 2013 result, it willbe there. grin
i asked google the business of Heritage bank and their owners(not directors). Some news papers said iei is d major shareholder while d said family has 10%.. Others said IEI has 10 % same as the BUKOLA family.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
mercylicious:

i asked google the business of Heritage bank and their owners(not directors). Some news papers said iei is d major shareholder while d said family has 10%.. Others said IEI has 10 % same as the BUKOLA family.

Madam, first of all, if there was an immediate kill to be made, IEI shares would have flown north with all guns blazing.

An SPV is the owner of Heritage bank and they own 80%, Saraki 9% and others 11%. The investment of IEI Plc in the vehicle is 1.7bn naira. The Net Assets of the bank as at the time of this acquisition was 10bn naira with Total assets standing at about 31bn naira. So IEI Plc owns 17% of the bank or 21.25% of the SPV's investment in the bank.

The unknown element here is who the promoters of this SPV is. How they are going to raise the 56bn naira consideration for this transaction is a question that is still begging for answer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by paulcube: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
mercylicious:

I suggest you get a contact in CBN to confirm the current state of things grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by paulcube: 7:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
omaojo1:

Madam, first of all, if there was an immediate kill to be made, IEI shares would have flown north with all guns blazing.

An SPV is the owner of Heritage bank and they own 80%, Saraki 9% and others 11%. The investment of IEI Plc in the vehicle is 1.7bn naira. The Net Assets of the bank as at the time of this acquisition was 10bn naira with Total assets standing at about 31bn naira. So IEI Plc owns 17% of the bank or 21.25% of the SPV's investment in the bank.

The unknown element here is who the promoters of this SPV is. How they are going to raise the 56bn naira consideration for this transaction is a question that is still begging for answer.

Very true.... but do you bid without knowing where to get the cash??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
paulcube:

Very true.... but do you bid without knowing where to get the cash??

We need to know those bringing in the cash. We don't want some unknown guys to provide the funds and leave the unsuspecting investors wailing. A case in point is the recent acquisition of COP that the financiers are still not known to the average investor.

Don't tell me you are a believer in that 50% debt 50% equity theory being sold to the ignorant folks on the street.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 7:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
T
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by paulcube: 7:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
omaojo1:

We need to know those bringing in the cash. We don't want some unknown guys to provide the funds and leave the unsuspecting investors wailing. A case in point is the recent acquisition of COP that the financiers are still not known to the average investor.

Don't tell me you are a believer in that 50% debt 50% equity theory being sold to the ignorant folks on the street.

.... but the difference between the COP deal and this one...please correct me if I am wrong...

Oando is a publicly listed & traded company, while Heritage bank is not. We also know the financiers of the COP deal.

Whenever Heritage banks comes to the market or for listing, they will have to make everything plain for us all to understand before we buy into the bank.

For this particular transaction, I am least bothered because the truth will be revealed with time....If the guys cannot pay, Fidelity definitely bid less, and because they are listed, they will be a lot more transparent.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
paulcube:

.... but the difference between the COP deal and this one...please correct me if I am wrong...

Oando is a publicly listed & traded company, while Heritage bank is not. We also know the financiers of the COP deal.

Whenever Heritage banks comes to the market or for listing, they will have to make everything plain for us all to understand before we buy into the bank.

For this particular transaction, I am least bothered because the truth will be revealed with time....If the guys cannot pay, Fidelity definitely bid less, and because they are listed, they will be a lot more transparent.

Did you read where Mercy is taking a position in IEI Plc because of this acquisition. Oh, you mean Yahoo shareholders should not bother about what is happening in Alibaba because it is a privately held company right?

Who are the financiers of the COP deal? WT said its 50% debt, and 50% equity. Please tell me your own version.

Plus, Fidelity is not the reserved bidder because their bid price is less. The overall interest of the industry was considered to reach that decision and not necessarily cash.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
@ Paswelle ,thanks for the research and insights on IEI vis-a-vis Heritage and Enterprise bank.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by paulcube: 8:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
omaojo1:

Did you read where Mercy is taking a position in IEI Plc because of this acquisition. Oh, you mean Yahoo shareholders should not bother about what is happening in Alibaba because it is a privately held company right?

Who are the financiers of the COP deal? WT said its 50% debt, and 50% equity. Please tell me your own version.

Plus, Fidelity is not the reserved bidder because their bid price is less. The overall interest of the industry was considered to reach that decision and not necessarily cash.

1. I actually read Mercy's take on IEI..... and the advice I gave was it was best to get a contact in CBN to give a true state of affairs. Someone in CBN can easily unmask everything that seems masked. It won't be an official finding though.

2. For the COP deal, due to the various financial engineering involved in the acquisition, I will not doubt it is 50% debt and 50% equity. Nobody can! All I can say is that we know the guys that provided the debt component to the transaction, and the full facts will come out when their audited 2014 results are released or when they come to the market for rights issue. We won't find anything tangible in the audited 2013 result.

3. I agree with you and I am aware that price is not the only component used, but in this instance, I can tell you that Fidelity bid less than Heritage bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
omaojo1:

From d 2012 fin report, IEI plc invested 1.7b in iei investment . iei investment owns /owned 15% of heritage ( as at d date of dt report) .

What is not know is if iei investment is solely owned by iei plc or owns a % of the investment arm n what percentage of the 15% is owned by iei plc
They called the iei investment a special purpose vehicle to their investment in heritage.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
paulcube:

This is what you were saying in the above: Heritage Bank is not publicly traded so why do you need to know who their financiers are, after all we can't trade their shares.

And i told you this:

omaojo1:

Investors in IEI Plc shold be concerned of what is happening in Heritage.

paulcube:

2. For the COP deal, due to the various financial engineering involved in the acquisition, I will not doubt it is 50% debt and 50% equity. Nobody can!

I am doubting it, and convicingly so.

paulcube:

2. For the COP deal, due to the various financial engineering involved in the acquisition, I will not doubt it is 50% debt and 50% equity. Nobody can! All I can say is that we know the guys that provided the debt component to the transaction, and the full facts will come out when their audited 2014 results are released or when they come to the market for rights issue. We won't find anything tangible in the audited 2013 result.

The COP transaction is captured in their '13 result and nothing tangible will be found? Where is the transparency in being listed then:
paulcube: Fidelity definitely bid less, and because they are listed, they will be a lot more transparent.

Pls we are jut trying to learn and don't take it personal.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
mercylicious:
From d 2012 fin report, IEI plc invested 1.7b in iei investment . iei investment owns /owned 15% of heritage ( as at d date of dt report) .

What is not know is if iei investment is solely owned by iei plc or owns a % of the investment arm n what percentage of the 15% is owned by iei plc
They called the iei investment a special purpose vehicle to their investment in heritage.

omaojo1:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
It is clear that the next decade will see an increase in the business of financial engineering and the floating of cash shells (in good time, some cash shells will even be listed on the NSE!)

Gird your loins peeps...a storm's coming!

*You may also interpret this to mean an upswing in the number of forward-looking paragraphs*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
Dexterax: It is clear that the next decade will see an increase in the business of financial engineering and the floating of cash shells (in good time, some cash shells will even be listed on the NSE!)

Gird your loins peeps...a storm's coming!

*You may also interpret this to mean an upswing in the number of forward-looking paragraphs*

The dimension and manner in which we are going about it is crazy to say the least. Even the guys at WS that taugth us the trade will be amazed of how good a-student we are. They'll even start coming to us for ideas grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Think about us teaching the guys at silicon valley what tech is. Our yeye de smell.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
omaojo1:

One of the promoters of the SPV is Akinsola Akinfemiwa,former CEO of Skye bank and now Chairman of Heritage bank. These guys will always find their way around. Jim Ovia did it, Elumelu did it, Akinfenwa as done it, GEJ is doing it grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2014
mercylicious:

guy, i jumped into d insurance coy yesterday. Am not monkey hunting ,so please dont jump in wit me.

Na news dey rule d mkt. i no go shake if i lose money wey i take do this speculation.

I made an unsuccessful attempt to increase my stake. angry No offers angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
kotlass:

I made an unsuccessful attempt to increase my stake. angry No offers angry
No offers cos my bid was loading. grin . They couldnt even fill mine up.
Ur unsuccesful attempt could be a blessing in disguise
Am keeping my fingers crossed.

IEI has not published their 2013 result, lets hope there would be a massive turn around in their earning so dt prophet utuocha's prophesy will come to pass.

Please, lets get their investor relations to answer these questions.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:42pm On Sep 13, 2014
mercylicious: Ur unsuccesful attempt could be a blessing in disguise.
Anyway, while still on IEI Plc their PFA is in the news. Dont know how much equity they still have in the PFA though.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/iei-anchor-pension-raises-share-capital-to-n3bn/188938/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adufesco(m): 1:26am On Sep 14, 2014
There are job opportunities for those who can work from home....yea and you can be a millionaire in just few weeks if you can work hard and serious about this, All you need is your computer and internet or Even Mobile phone with internet connection can do this......if you're interested contact me on Facebook with kingseyima topson or mail kingseyima@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 7:12am On Sep 14, 2014
mercylicious:
No offers cos my bid was loading. grin . They couldnt even fill mine up.
Ur unsuccesful attempt could be a blessing in disguise
Am keeping my fingers crossed.

IEI has not published their 2013 result, lets hope there would be a massive turn around in their earning so dt prophet utuocha's prophesy will come to pass.

Please, lets get their investor relations to answer these questions.

For those that believed, about 3 months ago I adviced folks that wanted an indirect play on HIBL to go for IEI. (The post must have been lost to the cyber attack earlier)

My schoolboy research then (based on available info) suggested that IEI owned over 80% of HIBL. I believe that is still the case.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 9:44am On Sep 14, 2014
So IEI did double shares reconstruction within a spate of 5 years in order to hijack investors money for this biz, eh? Reduced my million units of stocks to mere hundreds of units. These companies should be told that capitalism does not equal stealing in any form o. angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 9:55am On Sep 14, 2014
jamace: So IEI did double shares reconstruction within a spate of 5 years in order to hijack investors money for this biz, eh? Reduced my million units of stocks to mere hundreds of units. These companies should be told that capitalism does not equal stealing in any form o. angry

Bought after the 1st reconstruction @ N1+, bought more after the last reconstruction at 50k.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 10:01am On Sep 14, 2014
omaojo1:

Who else sees this?
IEI ==> HIBL ==> SKYEBANK
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
56b naira will be raised within days, why do we have principal investing, a PE firm that has a major stake in ARM disclosed recently that they are on the verge of investing a large amount in one financial institution (a new/upcoming), meanwhile this firm invests only in financial institutions. Am guessing that it is Heritage.

Meanwhile, politricks money is there too, Bukola Saraki and other stakeholders will quickly raise the first payment of 11b.

It is a big one for Heritage, very big one.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (7804) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: presiade(m), ogoo4real, Olaide1295, Willie2015 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.