Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,615 members, 7,851,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:16 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11031200 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (7804) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
bigjay01:

Who else sees this?
IEI ==> HIBL ==> SKYEBANK

Like I stated in my previous post. Former Skye bank CEO is heavily vested in this arrangement. It is conceivable.
What I also see is a situation where some banks will have to merger or be acquired to stay in business. Alternatively, they will have to raise capital asap. Skye bank is one of such.

Skye + Heritage + Enterprise is not unthinkable.

#Speculation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
But Skye bank did bid for enterprise bank too......am trying to understand what is going on.

I think Skye bank is big, seriously too big to consider a merger, if it is about their current situation, I believe it is all about re-strategising, a bit of aura is needed to give the bank its much deserved relevance in the banking space. They need a bad strategic guy to help them out with that, which I believe they are close to the mark. Don't ask me how I got to know.

As per heritage bank, organic growth is simply not the best for it at the moment, it will waste time, and the growth will not be geometric, so to speak. The bank's best bet is to acquire enterprise.(A case of access bank and gtb comes to mind here, access grew its asset base by acquisitions, while gtb plowed the organic growth route, but believe me, Access is still bigger than Gtb, maybe not in terms of profitabilty, but asset base).

Enterprise bank (spring) has got many branches outside lagos, it has got a huge network, so consider heritage a major tier two bank anytime soon.

Please, as per all my rants up there, am just trying to say that the coming together of the three banks (skye, heritage, enterprise) is of no use/benefit, so I believe that won't ever be the plan, meanwhile I am also asserting that organic growth will never help a new player in a financial space of an emerging/frontier and developed economy, M and A will always be the best of bets.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
paulcube:

1. I actually read Mercy's take on IEI..... and the advice I gave was it was best to get a contact in CBN to give a true state of affairs. Someone in CBN can easily unmask everything that seems masked. It won't be an official finding though.

2. For the COP deal, due to the various financial engineering involved in the acquisition, I will not doubt it is 50% debt and 50% equity. Nobody can! All I can say is that we know the guys that provided the debt component to the transaction, and the full facts will come out when their audited 2014 results are released or when they come to the market for rights issue. We won't find anything tangible in the audited 2013 result.

3. I agree with you and I am aware that price is not the only component used, but in this instance, I can tell you that Fidelity bid less than Heritage bank.
IS it most to come to the market?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
WTF?

angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 3:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
grin grin

Where is current price?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
grin grin grin

Mercy you no well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
grin grin grin grin present ma,, late from church

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
kotlass:

Like I stated in my previous post. Former Skye bank CEO is heavily vested in this arrangement. It is conceivable.
What I also see is a situation where some banks will have to merger or be acquired to stay in business. Alternatively, they will have to raise capital asap. Skye bank is one of such.

Skye + Heritage + Enterprise is not unthinkable.

#Speculation
A friend just told me that Heritage bank has acquired Enterprise bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
sky2891:
A friend just told me that Heritage bank has acquired Enterprise bank

Ok

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
grin grin his friend try

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
grin gringrin
@ Current price, u beat me to dt 2nd position. see d time naa. na my mtiiheen cause am.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
In spite of clear fiscal regulatory provisions that all federal government Ministries, Departments and Agencies  (MDAs) must return their annual operating surplus to the treasury, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) failed to remit a combined N28.27 billion of such surplus funds.

The Fiscal Responsibility Commission (FRC) disclosed this while meeting officials of the two agencies in Abuja, last week and insisted that the regulation be complied with.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the breaches were made in 2007 and 2008 by SEC which failed to remit N10.34billion in 2007 and N11.61billion in 2008, amounting to N21. 95 billion. NPA had less figures of N3.79 billion and N2.53billion in 2007 and 2008, totalling about N6.2 billion.

“For year 2007, 80 per cent of SEC operating surplus was supposed to be N11,152,535,000 rather than N808,736,586,40 which SEC had earlier remitted to the federal government as 80 per cent of its operating cash surplus. SEC has therefore been unduly withholding the balance of N10, 343,798, 413.60 due to the federal government,” FRC alleged.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
@ Yemo, are they planning to delist or sanction sec? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
mercylicious: grin gringrin
@ Current price, u beat me to dt 2nd position. see d time naa. na my mtiiheen cause am.

i be expert in that area you know now grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 6:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
mercylicious: @ Yemo, are they planning to delist or sanction sec? grin
Jst a warning or else, face sanction.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
cool undecided tongue grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 8:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
ihedioramma: IS it must to come to the market?
Can somebody remix this?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by basisop(m): 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hello Experts here, please I want to invest N500,000 in stock market(i.e. to buy and sell when the prices increase) and I'm completely new in this form of investment which I had always ran away from considering how it crashed and dealt with investors in the past.

Please I need good advisors on how to begin what shares should I buy, sound broker to use amongst others. I'll appreciate any write up on my inquiries. Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afo1k: 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
basisop: Hello Experts here, please I want to invest N500,000 in stock market(i.e. to buy and sell when the prices increase) and I'm completely new in this form of investment which I had always ran away from considering how it crashed and dealt with investors in the past.

Please I need good advisors on how to begin what shares should I buy, sound broker to use amongst others. I'll appreciate any write up on my inquiries. Regards
Educate urself on stock trading before asking for buy/sell recommendations.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
basisop: Hello Experts here, please I want to invest N500,000 in stock market(i.e. to buy and sell when the prices increase) and I'm completely new in this form of investment which I had always ran away from considering how it crashed and dealt with investors in the past.
Sir, you are very welcome. There is no expert on here, we are all comrades with the sole aim of increasing our net worth just like you. Regarding your investment, please ensure it is not funds which you may need urgently that you commit into this venture. Share prices may go up or down, so patience is key. Also be aware that in this business, you may lose more than the funds you invest. Aside of the investopedia website, the following may help:
https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/investing-in-shares
http://www.fool.com/investing/value/2006/01/12/just-due-it.aspx
Also, now is the time to leverage your research skills as you do your due diligence on any stock picks proffered on here. As knowledge is power, it may also be an extremely good idea to befriend anyone in your neighbourhood who works in a newspaper house (ask the people who saw the Ikeja Hotel ad recently). Regarding a broker, I will recommend Morgan Capital.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
^^New scamming tactics come up from Nigerians every bloody day
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afo1k: 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
@ evil spirit where r u ooo, ur pady dey up der ...Mr illuminati
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:05am On Sep 15, 2014
Happy new week, lets get there is monday. Access bank plans #70 bn rights issue, vanguard news today . this stock is coming down this week .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 5:55am On Sep 15, 2014
T-A-K-E-O-V-E-R: SAB Miller (Owners of Int Breweries) Just Made A Bid To Acquire Heineken (Owners of Nigerian Breweries)

http://web.nairametrics.com/t-a-k-o-v-e-r-sab-miller-owners-of-int-breweries-just-made-a-bid-to-acquire-heineken-owners-of-nigerian-breweries/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ItGeek(m): 7:21am On Sep 15, 2014
Dragonking: T-A-K-E-O-V-E-R: SAB Miller (Owners of Int Breweries) Just Made A Bid To Acquire Heineken (Owners of Nigerian Breweries)

http://web.nairametrics.com/t-a-k-o-v-e-r-sab-miller-owners-of-int-breweries-just-made-a-bid-to-acquire-heineken-owners-of-nigerian-breweries/

Initial bid was rejected by the Heineken family http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-14/heineken-says-it-spurned-acquisition-bid-from-sabmiller.html

Seems both Brewers want to stay independent. There are speculations that AB InBev will launch a take over bid for SAB Miller.

Only time will tell, only interested in how both will affect my pocket grin grin grin. #fingerscrossed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 8:33am On Sep 15, 2014
ihedioramma: Happy new week, lets get there is monday. Access bank plans #70 bn rights issue, vanguard news today . this stock is coming down this week .
passwelle: Sir, I have absolutely no clue. There is talk of a possible rights issue, this may or may not happen if the below is to be believed http://af.reuters.com/article/investingNews/idAFKBN0GZ0XU20140904
Sir, where have you been? This has been in the news since the 4th of Sept. There is a Businessday article which is a copy paste of the vanguard one also. I hope it comes down this week.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by igboboy3(m): 8:52am On Sep 15, 2014
In September 2009, Nestle was hovering below 200 naira. Mi pop was advised not to buy because the stock was too expensive, the P.E was too high and other 'analyses'.
Exactly five years later since our now defunct stockbroker dropped his 'tip', all I can say is . . .' Thunder fire missed opportunities'

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:26am On Sep 15, 2014
igboboy3: In September 2009, Nestle was hovering below 200 naira. Mi pop was advised not to buy because the stock was too expensive, the P.E was too high and other 'analyses'.
Exactly five years later since our now defunct stockbroker dropped his 'tip', all I can say is . . .' Thunder fire missed opportunities'

Haaaaaaaa, eeeeppppppppeeeeeeeee!!! Abeg where this bross wey u dey curse like this

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (7804) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bovali(f), leparj(m), talk2me2, 1jboi, dapix, chillykelly86(m), Testimonies777(m), megawealth01, LordAdam16, cocolacec(m), IPO2002, Agbalowomeri and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.