Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11035684 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (7805) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 12:54pm On Oct 15, 2014
kokobaba:

I am currently targeting fbnh cos this rare opportunity must not pass me by. Even if it entails borrowing money to buy I will buy @ N10. No shaking

Ok..but hope you know the risk in borrowing to buy shares?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
passwelle:

My Oga, hindsight they say is 20/20. Diamond folks are presently in the same category as for example the 2007 Transcorp IPO folks. However, the loyal shareholders of Access who believe in the stock, can simply mop up at a faster rate now to their desired position, than take up any future rights at 8.90.

I can never forget transcorp IPO..chai..my old man na im suffer pass for their hand then. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
Charlesnerd:

Diamond seems to have loyal shareholders.

The volumes traded so far might not be enough to arrive at a conclusion.A panic stricken investor just offloaded 200,000 units. grin

I am suspecting a Nairalander just offloaded those units sharp sharp. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
Excellent7:

Don't be to so sure!
This market as I see it has become one crazy bitch!!
With the way I am saying it, many stocks are going to go below their year lows pretty soon.
Folks should be careful of falling knives (until they are on the ground) grin

Do you think anyone can really tell when these stocks have gotten to their lowest lows? I have no doubt that the all share index will go lower,but one thing I know is that it's decline will affect all stocks differently. Some stocks will be more battered than others and some will not even be battered at all and might even gain, in all we just keep looking for fundamentally good stocks where the irrationality of the market has pushed it to down to very attractive prices and take advantage of it. As long as you are a long term investor,you need not worry so much. This present market phase does not look to me like it really favors short term trading.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
feelamong:
sharp reversal by FBN....
anyway I go still dey wait for am for the junction
Reversal reversed. Caveat emptor, falling knives abound! We havent seen the last of this bear.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
passwelle:
Q3 Results rolling in ...
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/7544_FORTE_OIL_PLC_Q3_SEPT_2014_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2014.pdf

The fear of "non-controlling interest" ehn ......na wa o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
Food for thought:

"You don’t need to be an expert in order to achieve satisfactory investment returns... Focus on the future productivity of the asset you are considering.. If you instead focus on the prospective price change of a contemplated purchase, you are speculating.. Games are won by players who focus on the playing field – not by those whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard... " - Warren Buffett

look at the scoreboard once in a while sha...lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
FranklinRich:

Do you think anyone can really tell when these stocks have gotten to their lowest lows? I have no doubt that the all share index will go lower,but one thing I know is that it's decline will affect all stocks differently. Some stocks will be more battered than others and some will not even be battered at all and might even gain, in all we just keep looking for fundamentally good stocks where the irrationality of the market has pushed it to down to very attractive prices and take advantage of it. As long as you are a long term investor,you need not worry so much. This present market phase does not look to me like it really favors short term trading.

u re correct
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
passwelle:
Q3 Results rolling in ...
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/7544_FORTE_OIL_PLC_Q3_SEPT_2014_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2014.pdf

I was expecting this result to be released on Friday. The dudes at Forte keep over-delivering.

Disclosure: I own substantial units of this stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
carpenter:
Food for thought:
"You don’t need to be an expert in order to achieve satisfactory investment returns... Focus on the future productivity of the asset you are considering.. If you instead focus on the prospective price change of a contemplated purchase, you are speculating.. Games are won by players who focus on the playing field – not by those whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard... " - Warren Buffett
The above is very valid my Oga, in the clime where it was postulated. Pray, do tell me one company on our own bourse that you are completely confident in its future productivity and can afford to take your eyes off the scoreboard (volume and price) for a while.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
It is normal for investors to be bearish in a bear market and bullish in a bull market

@Dexter; bros I dey naija o. Trying to relearn a few ways of surviving here after descending from the twin hills of Mercy

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
passwelle:

The above is very valid my Oga, in the clime where it was postulated. Pray, do tell me one company on our own bourse that you are completely confident in its future productivity and can afford to take your eyes off the scoreboard (volume and price) for a while.

In my opinion the phrase "complete confidence" does not even exist when the asset we are talking about is my humble self. So I would not have complete confidence in anyone not to talk of companies. I do hope and we can only hope. Nothing is promised or guaranteed.

The saying does makes sense for me though...maybe because I am not trying to time the market and be a millionaire overnight.
I just dey waka jejely.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
carpenter:
Food for thought:

Once thing I have learnt over the years is to try not to take all this quotes hook,line and sinker. Warren Buffet has never invested in Nigeria and so might not know how we operate here. I do biz in both environments and one thing I have learnt to do is to drop my sanity once I get into muritala Muhammed airport and assume a different personality. It took me a while to learn this but I must say I learnt this the very hard way. For me I will look at both the playing field and scoreboard and even the referee to know when they want to blow their whistle.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
Dexterax:

I was expecting this result to be released on Friday. The dudes at Forte keep over-delivering.

Disclosure: I own substantial units of this stock.

Over delivering with a drop in their EPS?

Issokay!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
carpenter:

In my opinion the phrase "complete confidence" does not even exist when the asset we are talking about is my humble self. So I would not have complete confidence in anyone not to talk of companies. I do hope and we can only hope. Nothing is promised or guaranteed.
The saying does makes sense for me though...maybe because I am not trying to time the market and be a millionaire overnight.
I just dey waka jejely.
My Oga hen, no be small thing. It also makes sense for me, I am just saying our bourse get as e be no be small. Anyway sha, do remember that hope is not an investment strategy. Na hope carry people enter Jos Breweries, na dat same hope still carry person enter DAAR today grin.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
FranklinRich:

Once thing I have learnt over the years is to try not to take all this quotes hook,line and sinker. Warren Buffet has never invested in Nigeria and so might not know how we operate here. I do biz in both environments and one thing I have learnt to do is to drop my sanity once I get into muritala Muhammed airport and assume a different personality. It took me a while to learn this but I must say I learnt this the very hard way. For me I will look at both the playing field and scoreboard and even the referee to know when they want to blow their whistle.

Interesting points but all that happens there also...it is the very nature of the market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
passwelle:

My Oga hen, no be small thing. It also makes sense for me, I am just saying our bourse get as e be no be small. Anyway sha, do remember that hope is not an investment strategy. Na hope carry people enter Jos Breweries, na dat same hope still carry person enter DAAR today grin.

Abeg no make me laff too much. Na people wey enter those buses know wetin dem dey look for. In sincerity, we all gamble once in a while and I could have been in any of those buses...but they didn't appeal to me then.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 1:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
feelamong:

Issokay!

angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
monkey hunters grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
...............and nobody is willing to buy even with the good result @ FO. Now trading N200. #Monkeyhunters grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
Its in the English. FO's submission of results prior to most other companies on the bourse is commendable.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
feelamong:

Issokay!

-19% drop in EPS..Dexter want to offload. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
Things might change positively in the coming days.

FO coperate governance is commendable unlike NEM plc.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2014
passwelle:
Its in the English. FO's submission of results prior to most other companies on the bourse is commendable.

Very simple!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
Born2berich:

-19% drop in EPS..Dexter want to offload. grin

Hehehe...my oga, Otedola has something in the pipeline as usual.

Thankfully, he has the ripple effects of the current oil price decline to look at for some perspective on the issue of Forte Oil swimming to the upstream section of the energy value-chain.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
@nitrogen

I see you mehn.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
Dexterax:

Hehehe...my oga, Otedola has something in the pipeline as usual.

Thankfully, he has the ripple effects of the current oil price decline to look at for some perspective on the issue of Forte Oil swimming to the upstream section of the energy value-chain.

True..Once FO seal the acquisition, the company will be the largest downstream company in West Africa.

Otedola is a smart man.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 3:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
FBNH is the worst HIT stock in banking sector, i just can't believe the price
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
Excellent7:

Perhaps in addition to traders fleeing to cash positions, the politicians are liquidating their positions to "prosecute" their political "games".
I agree with you that the bearish season will be around for a while.

word
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 5:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
Aks:

Maybe foreign investors have large shareholdings in FBNH. Moreover, the liquidity ratio of FBNH is very high, hence it is easily susceptible to volatility
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
Aks:

It could have been worse.The intra day volatility is a clear indicator of some sort of panic selling; maybe because of the news of the syndicated loan loss in Sierra leone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (7805) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agbalowomeri, crownprince2017 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.