Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10967920 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 6:55am On Nov 04, 2014
UNLEASHED:

I can't sense a real advice from a sarcasm, like I said before I'm an absolute novice dealing with stocks and a dormant trader at that, well thank you if it's a genuine advice but if it's not, you shouldn't have replied at all

See me see trouble o! You asked and I gave my opinion and resolve on such matters because I believe FBNH is a good stock to hold and you definitely do not want to sell now unless you desperately need the money. Buying more now will reduce the average cost of your holdings.Am also sure you are not even on 33/share now if all your bonuses have been taken into consideration. You are in this bus already as they say and i will say again, until you sell, you have not lost anything. Write to First Registrars or visit their office am sure you will be glad you did at least before doing anything.

Disclosure: I own FBNH shares and bank with them, Invest with FBN Capital

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 6:57am On Nov 04, 2014
kotlass:

What if he meant well? Is it not better you assume the best or at least go learn how to decipher real advice instead of casting aspersion on another? To give advice these days sef dey fear person. lolz

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 6:59am On Nov 04, 2014
Elai147:

It was not sarcasm. @Carpenter actually meant well and gave you a good advice.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omosuji(m): 7:06am On Nov 04, 2014
dailyindependentnig.com/2014/11/top-ten-brokers-trade-n1-5tr-shares/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 7:44am On Nov 04, 2014
passwelle:
I really do not understand this "paper loss" thing. The Ogbeni bought FBNH at N33 about 7 years ago. It is below N12 now. When will it be a loss? If he asked when it was N28, or last November when FBNH was N17, or last Sept when it was N15, I am sure you would have said the same thing. I do not see the capitalisation of FBNH at N1 trillion anytime soon, so chances he will get back his N33 per share will not be anytime soon (assuming the bonus and dividends will be counted as profit over the 7 year period). Honestly, I am not being sarcastic, I just want to understand this school of thought that believes you have not lost till you sell. It negates the idea of stop losses, and allows a small loss to grow into a huge one.

Your point is valid and i have done that before...in the end you just become a speculator without even knowing it. Of course you will make some money but I personally do not believe it sets a good foundation for anyone that hasn't being doing this for a while (and even the gurus lose big also). You cannot time the market. You can only do your due diligence and hope that all other things fall into place like everything in life....nothing is guaranteed. A stock selling at 50k today can be 1 naira next month or may be delisted...(they still have value, just not being guided by stringent rules from NSE)...that is the chance we all have to take.

There are situations that may warrant getting out without doubt, just like every rule has an exception but no one lives their lives by watching the exceptions.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by coldFLARES1(m): 7:45am On Nov 04, 2014
UNLEASHED:

I can't sense a real advice from a sarcasm, like I said before I'm an absolute novice dealing with stocks and a dormant trader at that, well thank you if it's a genuine advice but if it's not, you shouldn't have replied at all
My brother, I haven't seen a dose of sarcasm in the advise given. Here, a Chibuking made all the noise of an impending downturn while our Ikoyi prophet assured us of a sustained bullish run! We now know better. Truth is you've recorded huge loses that may take a long time to recover in view of recent performances of your invested company. It's your call to make: sell and cut your losses or hold on. However, it bears restating that HOPE is not an investment strategy! I may appear prejudiced, buh I painfully had to exit my positions when I lost 50% in 3 weeks.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 8:13am On Nov 04, 2014
Oga coldFLARES1, thank you for your post above. Honestly, I appreciate where the long term investors vs speculators stand etc. There are somethings which I reckon many do not take into consideration though, namely loss aversion and the fact that every stock is on a random walk! The past performance of a stock is no indicator of its future performance. At the end of the day everyone is responsible for his/her own portfolio. This all started with UBA results last week, the purpose of this forum is to alert us, many try to do so with facts and information. They are appreciated. Others use a sprinkling of faith and hope which honestly, doesn't always cut it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 8:18am On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by coldFLARES1(m): 8:47am On Nov 04, 2014
passwelle:
Oga coldFLARES1, thank you for your post above. Honestly, I appreciate where the long term investors vs speculators stand etc. There are somethings which I reckon many do not take into consideration though, namely loss aversion and the fact that every stock is on a random walk! The past performance of a stock is no indicator of its future performance. At the end of the day everyone is responsible for his/her own portfolio. This all started with UBA results last week, the purpose of this forum is to alert us, many try to do so with facts and information. They are appreciated. Others use a sprinkling of faith and hope which honestly, doesn't always cut it.
Assuredly, I say unto you, my oga Passwelle, I have immense admiration for your style. U have a student in me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2014
coldFLARES1:
My brother, I haven't seen a dose of sarcasm in the advise given. Here, a Chibuking made all the noise of an impeding downturn while our Ikoyi prophet assured us of a sustained bullish run! We now know better. Truth is you've recorded huge loses that may take a long time to recover in view of recent performances of your invested company. It's your call to make: sell and cut your losses or hold on. However, it bears restating that HOPE is not an investment strategy! I may appear prejudiced, buh I painfully had to exit my positions when I lost 50% in 3 weeks.

Ha bros, na only transcorp dey ur portfolio? what if u had exited at the trough (base) of the bear? My critic of ur action is that u did not have a plan and u just succumbed to your emotions, otherwise you would have exited long before loosing > 10% if that was your plan. My loss (since the bear starts) is still around 10% and even if I loose 30% I am not shaken because I know the quality of the stock I hold, and most importantly the cash is not needed till eternity

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:00am On Nov 04, 2014
coldFLARES1:
Assuredly, I say unto you, my oga Passwelle, I have immense admiration for your style. U have a student in me.
Iron sharpeneth iron mehn. Respect.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2014
Agbalowomeri:
Ha bros, na only transcorp dey ur portfolio? what if u had exited at the trough (base) of the bear? My critic of ur action is that u did not have a plan and u just succumbed to your emotions, otherwise you would have exited long before loosing > 10% if that was your plan. My loss (since the bear starts) is still around 10% and even if I loose 30% I am not shaken because I know the quality of the stock I hold, and most importantly the cash is not needed till eternity
Very well said Sir. At least a few good points have come out of the banter here since yesterday.
- Have a plan
- Decide on what you are: long term investor or speculator
- Don't invest your short term funds in the stock market if you are not a long termer

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 9:47am On Nov 04, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

coldFLARES1:
My brother, I haven't seen a dose of sarcasm in the advise given. Here, a Chibuking made all the noise of an impending downturn while our Ikoyi prophet assured us of a sustained bullish run! We now know better. Truth is you've recorded huge loses that may take a long time to recover in view of recent performances of your invested company. It's your call to make: sell and cut your losses or hold on. However, it bears restating that HOPE is not an investment strategy! I may appear prejudiced, buh I painfully had to exit my positions when I lost 50% in 3 weeks.

Oga Agbalowomeri, he said he was assured by the ikoyi prophet. I guess he threw caution to the winds and jumped in big.....

I think there should be a plan and don't swallow everything here or SMN hook, line and sinker. Understanding how this whole thing works is a very vital key.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:48am On Nov 04, 2014
Linkassure abracadabra in pre-market. Maybe there is something wrong with the feed as the numbers are exactly the same as yesterdays pre-market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 10:20am On Nov 04, 2014
Oando is bleeding

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 10:35am On Nov 04, 2014
bigass:
Oando is bleeding

Madam market just open
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 10:39am On Nov 04, 2014
MilikiAgent:

They need to have a bank account on file for you, so they can remit your funds to you via bank transfers instead of cheques. If you are moving that account with the existing CHN from your current brokers, yes you can use it. Otherwise, I think you will get a new CHN. National id card, international passport, drivers license etc can also be used.

i av only old voters card wic am gonna use. i hop dey undastand. tnx a lot
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:59am On Nov 04, 2014
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:12am On Nov 04, 2014
Can somebody solve the mystery on Link Assurance stock? I asked my old stockbroker to sell off my 50,000 units yesterday but to no avail. This morning, i noticed 290m+ units on BID with no Offer. how i wish i have the units with Morgan trading, i would executed the deal myself
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 11:43am On Nov 04, 2014
Are these bears the ones we have been expecting or should we wait for another?

Biko, make this market do quick and bottom out in time...cos a dim well-loaded.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 11:48am On Nov 04, 2014
Moneysage:
Are these bears the ones we have been expecting or should we wait for another?

Biko, make this market do quick and bottom out in time...cos a dim well-loaded.

grin grin grin

The main bears never show na grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Joysmart(f): 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
Please wetin be the name of a baby bear

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
It is very clear that some many advice have been given out concerning holding of cash, selling your holdings at losses and so on. My simple question is that...that person that is advising you to sell or hold your cash, would that person tell you what he or she is doing with the cash or what to do with the cash, and when he/she his buying any stocks? they will be telling you or advising you to do that, do these, etc. and they will be doing the opposite on the other hand. Please i might be wrong but the facts still stand that i'm very close to many informations. My simple word is that don't let any one fool you with market fear or panic, but know what you are doing!!! And do your due diligence on the other hand. Goodluck!

Peace!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
skye bank full offer with no bid yet the price still on gain

@ oga PW hope u are planning to jump out O and O with ur jijo

@ Agbalowomeri why u dey hold d price of Afripud naw embarassed pls release d price make he go down small, boys hav interest

@ 9fee hop u hold ur cutlass weli on dangote sugar thinz

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
The psychological situation around these awesome tanks of oxygen are primed for my re-entry once more.

Time to support the cowboys on Victoria Island again.

Ikoyi Prophet where you at?

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
Dexterax:
The psychological situation around these awesome tanks of oxygen are primed for my re-entry once more.

Time to support the cowboys on Victoria Island again.

Ikoyi Prophet where you at?

grin

The cowboys are just too much. wink

As for the prophet, i comment my reserve. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
natruetalk:
skye bank full offer with no bid yet the price still on gain

That is the mago mago or kalo kalo as Mercy put am for dis our NSE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
myjoy08:
It is very clear that some many advice have been given out concerning holding of cash, selling your holdings at losses and so on. My simple question is that...that person that is advising you to sell or hold your cash, would that person tell you what he or she is doing with the cash or what to do with the cash, and when he/she his buying any stocks? they will be telling you or advising you to do that, do these, etc. and they will be doing the opposite on the other hand. Please i might be wrong but the facts still stand that i'm very close to many informations. My simple word is that don't let any one fool you with market fear or panic, but know what you are doing!!! And do your due diligence on the other hand. Goodluck!

Peace!

grin thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evidence which everybody has decided not to see.”
― Ayn Rand

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Joysmart(f): 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
Any body here that still believes that myjoy08 has insider information seriously needs a brain check. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
grin wicked girl

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
grin

Currentprice you are always on time!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: WestPB, KarlTom, Jonwest, emmasoft(m), Mills55, robobo, unite4real, Curiouscity(m), Laso09, dammybrite, BullBearMkt(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.