Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,299 members, 7,860,732 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:11 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11068289 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (7815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
immanuello:
please please can comrade in the house tell me what is the current bid price and offer price of cutix now instantly.Thanks sir/ma .
Sir, I can tell you the bid and offer price tomorrow. Market don close now. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 2:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
passwelle:

Sir, I can tell you the bid and offer price tomorrow. Market don close now. grin
thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
4dchairman:

Definitely the institutional investors both foreign and local started the stampede. The we are those that lost confidence in market.
I include myself because I'm tempted to exit my position and regretted that I took the position earlier. Notwithstanding, we need to regain believe for the market to rebound.
Sir, all of us on here do not own enough shares/can mop up enough shares to make the market rebound. It is one thing to psyche ourselves up, but the reality is that moving against the tide/stampede does get bloody!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:
hey guys ....am a novice to stock market and i need people to put me through.......what are the things i need to know before i start buying shares......how much is needed for me to start buying shares....what are the procedures to follow before i start buying s
hares.E.T.C
The first law of investment, nobody can confidently predict the direction of the market. Warren Buffet's Berkshire Inc recently pulled out of Tesco due to poor performance.
Second law , investment is a risk, the higher the risk, the higher the return.
Third law , do not invest what you can loose.
Experience is your best teacher.

Finally, the best time to invest is now because the market is down and it can only go up.
Wishing you all the best.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
passwelle:

..and fcmb maket maker carry last grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
natruetalk:
..and fcmb maket maker carry last grin
See, my brother e don tire those market makers. Today they had 25m offer below the target price of N4. Na by force? You see say Access people too don dey bring them benchmark come N8.50. I still expect some magic from them before the qualification date of the rights is announced or like I discussed with one of our guru's here today an EGM to revise the rights price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
4dchairman:

The first law of investment, nobody can confidently predict the direction of the market. Warren Buffet's Berkshire Inc recently pulled out of Tesco due to poor performance.
Second law , investment is a risk, the higher the risk, the higher the return.
Third law , do not invest what you can loose.
Experience is your best teacher.

Finally, the best time to invest is now because the market is down and it can only go up.

Thank you Sir for that simple explanation. You just classified the strategy (even the life we live is a risk on its own) into smallest group for everyone to understand.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
4dchairman:

The first law of investment, nobody can confidently predict the direction of the market. Warren Buffet's Berkshire Inc recently pulled out of Tesco due to poor performance. Second law , investment is a risk, the higher the risk, the higher the return.
Third law , do not invest what you can loose. Experience is your best teacher.
There you have it in bold.
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
4dchairman:

Definitely the institutional investors both foreign and local started the stampede. The we are those that lost confidence in market.
I include myself because I'm tempted to exit my position and regretted that I took the position earlier. [b]Notwithstanding, we[/b]need to regain believe for the market to rebound.

Since you are tempted to exit your position, who is now the "we" that will regain believe for the market to rebound? Fear and emotional trading is normal in a situation like this. What is currently happening is not a new thing and there is absolutely nothing we can do because the percentage of local investors that participate in the NSE is low. Where will the confidence come from? Our reliance on foreign investors in the NSE still hold true and until confidence is reinstated in the market, local investors will continue to keep the distance. So until after elections, the uncertainties will remain. The only thing we should worry about is the final destination of the bears so as not to be in the market just in case we are about to experience another 2008 saga because this was exactly how it happened in 2007/2008.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
Blood blood everywhere. Emotions flying up and down.

In other news:
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 3:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
Sky Bank completed payment for mainstreet Bank last Friday.
Businessday 4th Nov., 2014. Page 7.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 3:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
Toluway:
Sky Bank completed payment for mainstreet Bank last Friday.
Businessday 4th Nov., 2014. Page 7.
I hope this news pushes the share price up to N5 make I bail out.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 3:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
9free:

monkey hunters . Na today ? why do you think it did 10 per cent yesterday but cannot hang today ? Hold your money and buy at 2.2 . You would thank me later grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eagleeye2: 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
UNLEASHED:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hi everyone, I bought Firstbank shares worth a little bit over 500k at NGN33/unit when it went public in 2007 with the aim of leaving it long term, I really don't know much about stocks just that the fund was idle at that time, hence the motive to invest in shares. Most times I even forget I've got some shares somewhere. I just checked on NSE and FBN shares is 11.30 If I'm right? Does that mean I'm at loss? What are my chances of making profit in the long term considering the fact that I bought the shares 7 years ago.
If you are a dormant investor as you stated somewhere, I will advise you leave your shares. That is if you have no need for the money at present.
Also, if you have some idle cash now, it won't be a bad idea if you buy more shares of FBHN. In the long run, you will benefit much more.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
UkwuAmu:

monkey hunters . Na today ? why do you think it did 10 per cent yesterday but cannot hang today ? Hold your money and buy at 2.2 . You would thank me later grin grin
or #1.40 later.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
immanuello:
or #1.40 later.
wicked man. Baba Ijebu grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dopeyomi(m): 4:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:
hey guys ....am a novice to stock market and i need people to put me through.......what are the things i need to know before i start buying shares......how much is needed for me to start buying shares....what are the procedures to follow before i start buying shares.E.T.C

When waec result go come out

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stock4life: 4:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
Thank you.

PETERiCHY:
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Sent as received. I vividly Recall the story of a man who became popular for engaging in money rituals just to buy the 80's edition of the Honda Prelude. You wouldn't buy that car for 50k today.

Some other guy brutally murdered his brother ( whom their father gave cash 2 travel 4 the purpose of re- stocking their warehouse), just because he wanted to acquire the rave of the moment - Pathfinder Jeep. That same vehicle is now better described as a coffin.

I Remember as a kid, my whole street gathered to watch a truck deliver a very large satellite dish to my neighbour's house. Today a dish one tenth that size delivers 5 times the value and is in almost every student's room.

What about the Volkswagen, Citroen, Santana, Mercedes Benz V boot, 505Evolution, Toyota Crown, all overtaken by latest models of Camry, Honda, Bugatti, Bentley, X6, Acura and Infinity.... Vanity!

Some ladies left their true loves cos some rich guy then persuaded them with a Benz 190, which turned out to be the only car they ever owned till date. They found out too late that true love is invaluable.

A friend declared drinks because he launched the Nokia Communicator for over hundred grand in 2002. Today that phone would embarrass the owner and is a joke compared to the low cost and everyday phones.

What about the MTN SIM card that many people went extra miles before they bought for over 30k, today you will not buy it at N100 because all networks are begging people to even take it for free.

People are still making the most horrific sacrifices over 'vanity' and make enemies over worthless material things. What can I Say? Look back at that one thing you want to kill or die for today and see what becomes of it tomorrow.

There is absolutely nothing you can't achieve. All you need is a little time and PATIENCE and you would thank God without regrets. There is actually nothing in this world that is worth going to Hell for, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Meditate on this and have a blessed weekend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2014
Dexterax:
The psychological situation around these awesome tanks of oxygen are primed for my re-entry once more.

Time to support the cowboys on Victoria Island again.

Ikoyi Prophet where you at?

grin

Entry price revised downwards.

Oando last seen at NGN 13.67
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
9free:

Monkey hunter.. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
Dexterax:

Entry price revised downwards.

Oando last seen at NGN 13.67

If Oando gets to that price I may jump from Third mainland bridge

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
@bigass-- grin grin grin grin grin Don't worry, Reverse will be the case. I'll imploy you to perish the thought of Oando getting to N100 and start raising another prayer point
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
"We advice investors to exercise patience in their urge to buy and allow the market to factor in all available micro and macroeconomic indices"

message from my broker...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
bigass:

Ok.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
bigass:

My dear sister Big..., don't worry u will surely laugh best on this stock (and other stocks u hold position in) if only u know what lies ahead and believe. I understand that u expect too much within a short time frame but investment on the other hand doesn't work like that. Remember, bear is d cause of all these and dis 2 shall pass! God bless

grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
#BokoHaram & The Markets: NSE-listed fast moving consumer goods coys now reporting negative impact of deadly NE insurgency on balance sheet
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 7:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
chukyjones:
"We advice investors to exercise patience in their urge to buy and allow the market to factor in all available micro and macroeconomic indices"

I know that broker! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
myjoy08:

My dear sister Big..., don't worry u will surely laugh best on this stock (and other stocks u hold position in) if only u know what lies ahead and believe. I understand that u expect too much within a short time frame but investment on the other hand doesn't work like that. Remember, bear is d cause of all these and dis 2 shall pass! God bless

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now i can drink this Orijin bottle

grin Thanks to Mr optimistic

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
9free:

grin grin same thot , N4 is even ok for me

I fit manage 3.85 , half loaf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
bigass:

@Bigass is back. You are just a case. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
mpi210:

bigjay, you don buy finish?

I wonder why they set a limit of 11.02....anybody know why?

been buying x000 FBNH everyday since Thursday last week. bought @ 11.20 yesterday, bid @ 11.00 today but no show. I am sure I will get it at sub 11 2moro
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 7:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
chukyjones:

in other words time the market?

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (7815) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: robobo, ExpertDealer, ogoo4real, kdaddy, handsomebolanle, joedguy, onegentleguy, Blackman101, ucvin and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.