Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (605) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10947074 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) ... (7775) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Joysmart(f): 3:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
Impossibility is nothing
impossibility is possibility
possibility is impossibly

Just remembered these phrases
they're making more sense now

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
Joysmart:
Impossibility is nothing
impossibility is possibility
possibility is impossibly

Just remembered these phrases
they're making more sense now

2014 Flashback. Is good to remember some funny memories though!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
Economy: The stock exchange will rise in the early part of the year. Effect of devaluation of naira will continue till around August. Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, despite her World Bank background, will not be able to make appreciable impact on the economy. Some banks will collapse and one of the dead banks will be resuscitated.......founder of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, Oke-Afa, Lagos, Primate Elijah Ayodele Babatunde

https://www.nairaland.com/2094356/8-men-god-different-2015

we are watching
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:06pm On Jan 15, 2015
mercylicious:
Economy: The stock exchange will rise in the early part of the year. Effect of devaluation of naira will continue till around August. Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, despite her World Bank background, will not be able to make appreciable impact on the economy. Some banks will collapse and one of the dead banks will be resuscitated.......founder of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, Oke-Afa, Lagos, Primate Elijah Ayodele Babatunde

https://www.nairaland.com/2094356/8-men-god-different-2015

we are watching

Mercy is this the same person that u told us his prediction last year? Men if it is that prediction was exact. We better take note of this one.

Meanwhile there are indications already that the bulls are coming back 2mr. The ECB has announced massive quantitative easing (QE) today which has impacted on oil price. Oil prices are going back up, likewise the stock market as predicted by this prophet. For those waiting till election, best of luck.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dafemnet: 4:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
whos buying dunlop?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
January 15, 2015

Lagos, Nigeria – Oando PLC (referred to as “Oando” or the “Group”), Nigeria’s leading indigenous energy group listed on both the Nigerian and Johannesburg Stock Exchange, today announced a 2 week extension for the acceptance period of the N48.8 billion Rights Issue

Shareholders requested for an extension of the acceptance period as a result of the delay in receipt of their Rights Issue Circulars as a result of the skeletal postal service during the 2014 end of year festivities.

In this regard, an application was made to the Securities & Exchange Commission to extend the closing date of the acceptance list and this has been approved accordingly. The acceptance list will therefore now close on Wednesday, 28th January, 2015.

Receiving agents now have till Wednesday, 11th February, 2015 to forward returns to the Registrars, First Registrars Nigeria Limited.

http://www.oandoplc.com/media/press-release/extension-of-acceptance-period-for-oando-plc-rights-issue/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

Mercy is this the same person that u told us his prediction last year? Men if it is that prediction was exact. We better take note of this one.

Meanwhile there are indications already that the bulls are coming back 2mr. The ECB has announced massive quantitative easing (QE) today which has impacted on oil price. Oil prices are going back up, likewise the stock market as predicted by this prophet. For those waiting till election, best of luck.

Oga Agbalowomeri, I dnt think the ECB has officially announced this yet grin grin. I think the Swiss National Bank's action of abandoning their 3 year old currency peg of their currency (Swiss franc) against the Euro caused the market to start anticipating that a massive QE policy by Mario Draghi could be initiated come next week when the ECB meet.

I am unsure how this will prop up crude oil prices. I was under the impression that the reason why we saw an inflation in oil prices during the US QE period was because oil is priced in $$. The $$ keeps strengthening against the Euro and if the euro zone starts their quantitative easing, I would expect their currency to Weaken further against the $$. The Eurozone,no doubt will be awash with euros but as they convert this to $$ to speculate in the oil markets, wouldn't this increase the demand for the $$ thus making it stronger and in turn pushing down oil prices since it is priced in $$. Moreover the supply/demand mechanics in the oil markets is still not balanced (supply still outweighs demand),so any increase in price might just be temporary.

Well Na siddon look I dey as all this na just speculation. grin grin grin

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 8:05pm On Jan 15, 2015
FranklinRich:

Oga Agbalowomeri, I dnt think the ECB has officially announced this yet grin grin. I think the Swiss National Bank's action of abandoning their 3 year old currency peg of their currency (Swiss franc) against the Euro caused the market to start anticipating that a massive QE policy by Mario Draghi could be initiated come next week when the ECB meet.

I am unsure how this will prop up crude oil prices. I was under the impression that the reason why we saw an inflation in oil prices during the US QE period was because oil is priced in $$. The $$ keeps strengthening against the Euro and if the euro zone starts their quantitative easing, I would expect their currency to Weaken further against the $$. The Eurozone,no doubt will be awash with euros but as they convert this to $$ to speculate in the oil markets, wouldn't this increase the demand for the $$ thus making it stronger and in turn pushing down oil prices since it is priced in $$. Moreover the supply/demand mechanics in the oil markets is still not balanced (supply still outweighs demand),so any increase in price might just be temporary.

Well Na siddon look I dey as all this na just speculation. grin grin grin

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

In response to the bolded, ECB QE might have some considerable impact on the price of crude.
From all indications, it appears the sharp decline in the price of oil over the last few months has more to do with weak demand and politics than over supply.
The rest of Europe depends on russia for 30% of their energy needs,while the shortfall is filled by foreign supplies. If QE succeeds in stimulating the eurozone economy,demand for crude will increase and that should expectedly have an impact on price of crude.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
L[quote author=natruetalk post=29809398]

Lol... still can't understand reason uncle T allows d thin listed dis tyme

weyting be my own self. i will join @ d park .
Dats nse strategy.operation pull him down.if u had put in 10miliion,by d time it reach 3naira ur levels go don d change. I jumpam pass
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
Al those comments without backcup no let us kno exactly wat todo.now its clear who is who.remembering one post predictin collaps of abt 50%by 2015.n all I av is had I known wud av pickd race!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2015
kotlass:

He just gave his opinion and it's not yet the week before or week after election, yet you are already calling for the heads of the people that challenged the prophet's prediction. Nna eh, 2015 is a new year. Everyone should know what he/she is doing. O di kwa very important. wink grin grin
telling you my position now is different from forecasting, when I stated that stock price will fall, Oando was #29, Transcorp was #6, first bank was #15, GTB bank #30, UBA #8 and all other stock, how much is their price today, some half of the price, while some below half and were still going down. He that has stock of #1 billion, has his stock reduce to #500 million worth of money, he that worth #30 million as of then, is now with about #15 million worth of share. So telling you when I want to enter market, does it mean that stock did not fall again as forecast?. (nwanne o di kwa very important ka imata). Better still, you can visit the page of my post last year and view the date, the time of the prediction, the share prices as of then and tell me whether it has not come to fulfilment, and it is still ongoing. Thank you very much for your understanding, best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
Chibuking81:
telling you my position now is different from forecasting, when I stated that stock price will fall, Oando was #29, Transcorp was #6, first bank was #15, GTB bank #30, UBA #8 and all other stock, how much is their price today, some half of the price, while some below half and were still going down. He that has stock of #1 billion, has his stock reduce to #500 million worth of money, he that worth #30 million as of then, is now with about #15 million worth of share. So telling you when I want to enter market, does it mean that stock did not fall again as forecast?. (nwanne o di kwa very important ka imata). Better still, you can visit the page of my post last year and view the date, the time of the prediction, the share prices as of then and tell me whether it has not come to fulfilment, and it is still ongoing. Thank you very much for your understanding, best of luck.

I don't think I have ever deviated from my position about prophesies/predictions. Keep them coming. I have always directed my warnings to followers who take the prophesies hook, line and sinker. Chibuking81, that you were right now doesn't mean you will be right always. NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE. @MYJOY08[i] prophesied pass this na[/i] and many profited from it. We also witnessed the failure too (no need to go into details of the unforeseen circumstances). Note that, I am not disputing or agreeing to your prediction. Neither will I attack you for making them (might joke about it sha). grin In fact ,I take note.

I corrected Pastor Ihediorama in this instance for not even waiting to the week before or after election when you stated there would be a major sell off before calling out folks that disagreed or called you names (why would anyone do that sef). What if there is a sell off as you said but ACCESS bank some folks bought for N4.50k this week refuses to go below, say N4.70k? It could as well be N2 then, but who knows? That is why followers should welcome prophesies but have a mind of their own. What if another important factor is manipulated about that time and there is no sell off (mind you I have no prediction concerning that). Did anyone anticipate the action by the Swiss National Bank? No.

Now one advice for you too, be careful about followers. Some guys might be following your lead now but those followers can be merciless when your calls are wrong ask @Myjoy08. Wall street gurus make wrong calls every now and then too. Buffet don make tire too. Oscar saw $1T NSE capitalization coming too but he has dropped it now. Na only God knows tomorrow but we are allowed the liberty to forecast. grin grin

Bro, I no be follower o but I no be enemy/attacker too. You are important in this our NSEMPA ecosystem. So was Emmanuel Ewumi with his contrarian views on Oando and holding on to dividend paying stocks instead of JIJO. I wish he would make a comeback. An ecosystem is bound to collapse when its minority members are driven into extinction by the activities of the majority. One love ( Pst Ihedi's style) cheesy

BTW, I no sabi speak Igbo language o, you don lose me for the bolded grin grin I just dey learn small small.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 16, 2015
kotlass:

I don't think I have ever deviated from my position about prophesies/predictions. Keep them coming. I have always directed my warnings to followers who take the prophesies hook, line and sinker. Chibuking81, that you were right now doesn't mean you will be right always. NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE. @MYJOY08[i] prophesied pass this na[/i] and many profited from it. We also witnessed the failure too (no need to go into details of the unforeseen circumstances). Note that, I am not disputing or agreeing to your prediction. Neither will I attack you for making them (might joke about it sha). grin In fact ,I take note.

I corrected Pastor Ihediorama in this instance for not even waiting to the week before or after election when you stated there would be a major sell off before calling out folks that disagreed or called you names (why would anyone do that sef). What if there is a sell off as you said but ACCESS bank some folks bought for N4.50k this week refuses to go below, say N4.70k? It could as well be N2 then, but who knows? That is why followers should welcome prophesies but have a mind of their own. What if another important factor is manipulated about that time and there is no sell off (mind you I have no prediction concerning that). Did anyone anticipate the action by the Swiss National Bank? No.

Now one advice for you too, be careful about followers. Some guys might be following your lead now but those followers can be merciless when your calls are wrong ask @Myjoy08. Wall street gurus make wrong calls every now and then too. Buffet don make tire too. Oscar saw $1T NSE capitalization coming too but he has dropped it now. Na only God knows tomorrow but we are allowed the liberty to forecast. grin grin

Bro, I no be follower o but I no be enemy/attacker too. You are important in this our NSEMPA ecosystem. So was Emmanuel Ewumi with his contrarian views on Oando and holding on to dividend paying stocks instead of JIJO. I wish he would make a comeback. An ecosystem is bound to collapse when its minority members are driven into extinction by the activities of the majority. One love ( Pst Ihedi's style) cheesy

BTW, I no sabi speak Igbo language o, you don lose me for the bolded grin grin I just dey learn small small.

Sir, you have said it all. Many people prepare for the worst and they get the BEST while many prepare for the BEST and get the opposite. All these scenarios have proved to us that we are carnally (humanly) guided by our mere emotions and the almighty God has the final say. Not much to say, but as for me am buying because all these bargaining opportunities can't stay long looking at the present atmosphere as i always envisage the best of it all (and prepare for the alternative...). As i said and many people agreed, no one, i mean no one can precisely state what the future holds and these applies to all our life activities(including stock market). Good luck to people who are waiting a week before or after elections. Pass me not by, gentle Savior...

One of the things i had learned in these world is that "People that proved to be very careful and diligent in their actions always fall victim". May God deliver us all!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 8:04am On Jan 16, 2015
@myjoy08 - Are you buying with your cash or you are buying on behalf of a community, co-operative society or others? I said this cos you always BUY anytime anyday grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 9:07am On Jan 16, 2015
Aks:
@myjoy08 - Are you buying with your cash or you are buying on behalf of a community, co-operative society or others? I said this cos you always BUY anytime anyday grin grin grin

Is the buyer general of ikoyi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 16, 2015
Aks:

Sir, I buy when opportunities arises and I'm privilege to do so. I buy for myself not community or society.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 16, 2015
bigass:

Is the buyer general of ikoyi

Madam Big, when opportunities knock and u re in a position to welcome it, it is high time u better do.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 10:48am On Jan 16, 2015
I can see that tony is doing a good job by keeping transcorp at the N3 mark and above, if not, this stock will have fallen below N2 by now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:41am On Jan 16, 2015
11% gain on Access in 3 days (Bought N4.63 on wed, sold N5.14 today). Be Wise, Strategise well and KEY into some good deals BUT don't forget to also pray for a bit of LUCK smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by teezpee: 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
@Aks baba,
Congrats on the 11%....but also let us know when things are looking red!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by me3000(m): 12:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
this may interest people here

Nigeria’s budget crisis is further stressed with active capital flight in the country, driven by steady decline of investors’ confidence. Despite the country’s growth potential, there has been little on-the-ground in the face of several actions taken by the government over the years to improve infrastructures, etc.

Foreign investors are sell-down mission as the country and the economic outlook appear unstable. It is estimated that foreign investors pulled N793 Bn out of the stock market in 2014, which is the highest in three years - on the back of a weak Naira and falling oil prices.

However, it is not all bad, since there are rays ofhope, post the belt tightening exercise, the long term growth prospects of the country are not impaired.

Many companies are trading at below book value today, presenting good buying opportunity for value investors. The manufacturing and industrial activities have been declining, but we believe that the government (whichever party wins post the elections) will have to take drastic measures to kick start economic activities - be it through rate cuts, or encouraging FDI

In our view, there is a lot of critical infrastructure to be built in the country, and quoted companies in this line will be benefited through 2015.

Oil companies will have to upgrade their systems to reduce the cost of production to bring back profitability into operations - this will result in demand for steel, software, etc. We believe that in the current year, investors can select stocks/companies that are positioned for infrastructure projects, and FMCG companies - which are normally known as the defensive sector - economic slowdowns do not affect them too much.

The banking and insurance sector are also likely to perform well during the year, since they are looking at growing their rural distribution network, as well as increasing the use of technology (e.g. Mobile banking). Healthcare providers are also likely to do well in the current year, since this is another sector that does not have elastic demand.

On the other hand, there are likely to be several losers in the current year, ranging from auto manufacturers to hospitality to tourism. These sectors will be hit by the double whammy of lower consumer patronage and the increased tax surcharge on various luxury goods. In our view, companies in this space can be tracked, but any investments in these sectors can be done closer to the second half of the year, post the elections.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
teezpee:
@Aks baba,
Congrats on the 11%....but also let us know when things are looking red!
U'll wait tire ooooo. This is 2015 and i can make bold to say i won't go the way of RED but GREEN always
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2015
Aks:
U'll wait tire ooooo. This is 2015 and i can make bold to say i won't go the way of RED but GREEN always
can you make yourself clearer more please cos couldn't understand your strings of letters forming a statement. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
Aks:
11% gain on Access in 3 days (Bought N4.63 on wed, sold N5.14 today). Be Wise, Strategise well and KEY into some good deals BUT don't forget to also pray for a bit of LUCK smiley smiley

Good for you Sir. Just be smart with your trading. Anyway, we are making more money this year grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 1:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
Aks:

Good move!!

still waiting to take profit on the FCMB I bought 2.04
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by teezpee: 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
Sometimes, it's better to play JIJO with presently low-priced stocks (e.g. FCMB, Afripr, UBA et al). The magnitude of loss is minimal...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by teezpee: 2:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
Sometimes, it's better to play JIJO with presently low-priced stocks (e.g. FCMB, Afripr, UBA et al).

The magnitude of loss is minimal...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2015
myjoy08:

Good for you Sir. Just be smart with your trading. Anyway, we are making more money this year grin grin grin grin grin

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 2:11pm On Jan 16, 2015
Transcorp trading @ N2.99 is looking tempting too. Watch out!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2015
Aks:
Transcorp trading @ N2.99 is looking tempting too. Watch out!!!!!

grin grin tempting indeed...lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 2:25pm On Jan 16, 2015
I have been following this thread for a while and I must say I have learnt a lot from the discussions. I am gathering as much knowledge as I can.

I intend to start investing in the NSE this yr even tho am still learning. I really want suggestions on the best Stockbroking firm I can use. Personally, I would like the broking firm that give me some amount of control over my investments, and at the same time have access to expert advice and resource. I want to take responsibilities for my gains and losses.

Thanks Everyone.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by teezpee: 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
Oga jauntty,

If u av bn following the thread as posited, u should know the 'stockbrocking firm' most people here will recommend.

Otherwise, u need to learn more oo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) ... (7775) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: OBAGADAFFI, Yemsyfemsy, Agbalowomeri, UncleBone and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.