Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10950365 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (7777) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 2:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 2:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
teezpee:
Oga jauntty,

If u av bn following the thread as posited, u should know the 'stockbrocking firm' most people here will recommend.

Otherwise, u need to learn more oo.
One that have grap my attention is Morgan Capital....but I really look at more options b4 I decide. Which do u use and how efficient is ur brokers?

Thks for the quick reply.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by teezpee: 3:04pm On Jan 16, 2015
Morgan should meet ur appetite.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FrankTalk1: 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2015
You can consider Cashcraft Asset Management Ltd. I have been using them for several years now. They also have online trading platform for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2015
teezpee:
Morgan should meet ur appetite.
Na gode sosai. (THKS)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
FrankTalk1:
You can consider Cashcraft Asset Management Ltd. I have been using them for several years now. They also have online trading platform for you.

Cashcraft? u get liver oooo!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
FrankTalk1:

I guess Meristem, Morgan, CSL, LeadCapital, Investment One, etc are far better than Cashcraft as you mentioned. This depends on how big or deep you want to invest. And if you really want it big, I will recommend Stanbic IBTC Stockbroker.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
bigjay01:

Cashcraft? u get liver oooo!
Boss, why so?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
myjoy08:

I guess Meristem, Morgan, CSL, LeadCapital, Investment One, etc are far better than Cashcraft as you mentioned. This depends on how big or deep you want to invest. And if you really want it big, I will recommend Stanbic IBTC Stockbroker.
. Thks. I will run a check on each of those u listed....how big? Range of 100- 500k. For starting, I want to invest only want I can afford to loss without collapsing frm HIGH B.P.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
jauntty:
. Thks. I will run a check on each of those u listed....how big? Range of 100- 500k. For starting, I want to invest only want I can afford to loss without collapsing frm HIGH B.P.

To make it simple, you can limit your research to these 3 based on the range you stated. Meristem (www.meritrade.com), Investment One (www.easytrade.ng), and Morgan (www.morgancapitalgroup.com).

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FrankTalk1: 5:13pm On Jan 16, 2015
myjoy08:

I have been using Cashcraft for some years now with no major issues. However am open to new and better options. I may consider trying the services of Morgan or Meristem. Mogan's direct itrade platform seem to be a plus.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2015
FrankTalk1:

I have been using Cashcraft for some years now with no major issues. However am open to new and better options. I may consider trying the services of Morgan or Meristem. Mogan's direct itrade platform seem to be a plus.

its really a plus brother, was using Stanbic IBTC SL till i got know of Morgan capital.. i use SISL for "investing" and Morgan capital for "trading"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
myjoy08:

To make it simple, you can limit your research to these 3 based on the range you stated. Meristem (www.meritrade.com), Investment One (www.easytrade.ng), and Morgan (www.morgancapitalgroup.com).
Thks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by joseph1013: 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2015
jauntty:
I have been following this thread for a while and I must say I have learnt a lot from the discussions. I am gathering as much knowledge as I can.

I intend to start investing in the NSE this yr even tho am still learning. I really want suggestions on the best Stockbroking firm I can use. Personally, I would like the broking firm that give me some amount of control over my investments, and at the same time have access to expert advice and resource. I want to take responsibilities for my gains and losses.

Thanks Everyone.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 11:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
myjoy08:

grin grin tempting indeed...lol
let the tony hand fall away on this stock and let free market dynamics bring it down to #1.50 first!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 17, 2015
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FrankTalk1: 3:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
Hello Friends. Please while opening Morgan Capital account, which bank account is accepted: Current account or Savings account?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hotcake: 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
FrankTalk1:
Hello Friends. Please while opening Morgan Capital account, which bank account is accepted:Current account or Savings account?
No difference between the two if you do online transfers. I use savings with Morgan and it works fine.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by donmarshia(m): 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
Please how can one withdraw funds from his Morgan capital account?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2015
donmarshia:
Please how can one withdraw funds from his Morgan capital account?

You give them a mandate to transfer the sum to your account. Always follow up with call though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 18, 2015
Hello I have a question..

According to easykobo.com , the book value of FBNH is about 15 naira. Is there anyone who understands why this stock should be trading below book value?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 1:22am On Jan 18, 2015
Akinmail:

According to easykobo.com , the book value of FBNH is about 15 naira. Is there anyone who understands why this stock should be trading below book value?
pls dont be fooled for that! fbnh at #7.45 is still not a bargain yet. Some bnks bookvalue are just too crookedly, so be warned.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 1:44am On Jan 18, 2015
Akinmail:

Book value is a company's valuation of itself based on the balance sheet information made available to the public. In contrast, market value is the investors valuation of the company based on his/her interpretation of the information made available to him.

If you are a prospective/existing FBNH shareholder and your company provides the following information to you;

-We intend to retain as much profits as possible because we plan to increase our tier 1 CAR from 15.3% to a much safer margin.
- Our loan portfolio comprises 30 -40 % oil and gas.

As an investor,faced with a double whammy of dwindling oil price and the prospect of receiving a lower dividend than you got last year, would it be ideal to value FBNH at N15? . If you decide to purchase the stock despite the perceived risk, you would definitely wish to put a cost to the risk,which gives rise to the differential between the book value and market value.

Interestingly,only the future can determine who made a better assessment between the company and the investor. So investors buying right now believe that risk aside,the company is absolutely right with its valuation of N15.

In any case,majority of banking stocks are trading well below their book value.FBNH is no exception.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2015
@Charlesnerd, well said however there are so many coys trading below both book value and Market value owing to combination of socio economic factors beyond predictions of the gurus who have now been relegated to nothing but TRIAL & ERROR analysis masters

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 11:50am On Jan 18, 2015
Aks:
@Charlesnerd, well said however there are so many coys trading below both book value and Market value owing to combination of socio economic factors beyond predictions of the[b] gurus who have now been relegated to nothing but TRIAL & ERROR analysis masters
[/b]

Chai oga,so you can throw this type of subtle uppercut,diaris god ooh grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 11:59am On Jan 18, 2015
[quote author=Akinmail post=29890784]Hello I have a question..

According to easykobo.com , the book value of FBNH is about 15 naira.
Dat is because we r facing the reality of stock market.at times(bearish period) it tend to defy all form of analysis

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
Aks:
@Charlesnerd, well said however there are so many coys trading below both book value and Market value owing to combination of socio economic factors beyond predictions of the gurus who have now been relegated to nothing but TRIAL & ERROR analysis masters

Oga Aks, It is not really the analysts fault. As economic/geopolitical situation adjusts, these analysts have to adjust too. The problem is that some analysts are slow to adjust to the realities on ground.

I think to be successful in this market, you have to become your own mini analyst and be prepared to tweak your investment strategy according to the happenings in the economic/political scene at any particular time.

I remember when oil prices started falling, notable analysts from Goldman Sachs and even T Boone Pickens(famous oil magnate) all said oil was not going to go below $50 but after oil showed no signs of stopping its earlier declines,people started changing their forecasts and analysis to reflect the situation on ground.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 7:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
Charlesnerd:

Book value is a company's valuation of itself based on the balance sheet information made available to the public. In contrast, market value is the investors valuation of the company based on his/her interpretation of the information made available to him.

If you are a prospective/existing FBNH shareholder and your company provides the following information to you;

-We intend to retain as much profits as possible because we plan to increase our tier 1 CAR from 15.3% to a much safer margin.
- Our loan portfolio comprises 30 -40 % oil and gas.

As an investor,faced with a double whammy of dwindling oil price and the prospect of receiving a lower dividend than you got last year, would it be ideal to value FBNH at N15? . If you decide to purchase the stock despite the perceived risk, you would definitely wish to put a cost to the risk,which gives rise to the differential between the book value and market value.

Interestingly,only the future can determine who made a better assessment between the company and the investor. So investors buying right now believe that risk aside,the company is absolutely right with its valuation of N15.

In any case,majority of banking stocks are trading well below their book value.FBNH is no exception.

Well said boss. Even me has downgraded my target price to accumulate more FBNH as the realities on ground has showed me that we can not get our earlier expected N1 dividend for the 2014 FY. If I see 50-60kobo collect, I go thank God, carry the money go buy my usual Kunu and kuli-kuli.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 7:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
Very interesting week ahead..waiting to see how the CBN Governor and the MPC members react to JP Morgan's decision to remove us from the emerging market indexes if liquidity conditions don't improve in the FX market. This might be the week we see $$ at N200 in the parallel market if there is a sell off from the bond market by foreign investors. The pressure on naira might be heightened due to increased $$ demand from foreign investors. ***fingers crossed***

Also on the global scene, All eyes will be on the ECB as they meet on Thursday. Mario Draghi has to make a far-reaching decision on when to begin Quantitative Easing for the eurozone and by what magnitude this QE will be.The decision by the Swiss national bank to abandon the 3 years old currency peg of the Swiss Francs and the Euros last week seems to have boxed Draghi into a corner suggesting that he might decide to start this policy right away. ***fingers crossed***

Watching to see how the NSE reacts to all this. In the interim, I have decided to follow Oga Chibuking's advise by accumulating money with my stockbrokers while i watch all this in 3D. grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (7777) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ogoo4real, ositadima1(m), Mfunkynation(m), gamaliel9 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.