Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10836165 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (7736) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 5:23pm On Feb 07, 2013
sellydion: @ nereiskc,

What about execution of transactions - how many days?

payment on sale order, how many days?

conflict resolution?

Customer service?

Kindly give us more clues on the above.

Happy Investing
Execution of buy or sell is 1-2 days max. Payment of sales is T + 3 days.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 8:24am On Feb 08, 2013
elubiazo: @jamace: why recommend FTNCOCOA? Fundamentally, it is not sound company. Its 2011 FY result is just too negative and it hasnt released any quarterly result for 2012. I believe in good fundamentals before investing.

My bros, that is my own style o. If I think about how I have missed bulling shares at commencement of bull, for failure of my broker to get me the shares on time, it gives me headache. So, since the FG has promised to assist FTNCOCOA, I know it will happen soon, I better go and wait there. I have missed opportunities and I dont want to miss this one, when it will take off. grin

One thing I will like to advise at this point in time is that, we should ignore all those jargons of company X not performing in 2010, 2011 FY result, because if we are to follow that only very few stocks merit investment, stocks like NESTLE, NB, TOTAL and a few others. But do you have the financial muscles to buy those now? Me I don't o. grin

Finally, let me say this. From 2008 to late 2012 we all know that most stocks on the NSE suffered under-performance. But this 2013 is the era of commencement of BULL MARKET. Therefore previous under-performance should be overlooked. Old things have passed away. Their sins have been forgiven grin. So, invest now or you will say "had I known" in the nearest future grin

Happy investing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 9:37am On Feb 08, 2013
jamace:

My bros, that is my own style o. If I think about how I have missed bulling shares at commencement of bull, for failure of my broker to get me the shares on time, it gives me headache. So, since the FG has promised to assist FTNCOCOA, I know it will happen soon, I better go and wait there. I have missed opportunities and I dont want to miss this one, when it will take off. grin

One thing I will like to advise at this point in time is that, we should ignore all those jargons of company X not performing in 2010, 2011 FY result, because if we are to follow that only very few stocks merit investment, stocks like NESTLE, NB, TOTAL and a few others. But do you have the financial muscles to buy those now? Me I don't o. grin

Finally, let me say this. From 2008 to late 2012 we all know that most stocks on the NSE suffered under-performance. But this 2013 is the era of commencement of BULL MARKET. Therefore previous under-performance should be overlooked. Old things have passed away. Their sins have been forgiven grin. So, invest now or you will say "had I known" in the nearest future grin

Happy investing.

My Oga, your sights and concepts is cool... But I hv taken time to study FTNCOCOA financials performance, omo is on d negative side oooo, if we base on FG promises, is like taking a wide dive into d sea (u knw our govt nawa).Unless u give it time to see promises put to actions, then u can proceed (that my opinion). Here is link on analysis on ftncocoa by bloomberg business week for ur assessment.
www.investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/financials/financials.asp?ticker=FTNCOCOA:NL
Greetings to all....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 11:07am On Feb 08, 2013
Well done comrades,

My 2 cents is you dont get yourselve involve in Hope or developmental stocks (FG promises) else you tie down money. It could eventually turn to a big lose. In the day of IPO of Transcorp I refused to buy because i did not have the patience to wait for 2-3 years within which the company is expected to turn green from the prospectus.I think we are all eyes witness of all the challenges. Buy only when they have the potential of putting money in your pocket. Do not put money and hoping that one day govt will make good their promises, it could be a mistake.

Buy when you are sure government has actually make the promises good and the books are in shape.

Happy investing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 11:31am On Feb 08, 2013
sellydion: @ nereiskc,

What about execution of transactions - how many days?

payment on sale order, how many days?

conflict resolution?

Customer service?

Kindly give us more clues on the above.

Happy Investingi use cashcraft too

Please how about their services.

services are ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wisemanj(m): 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
thanks for ur info, pls can i invest a bank eg. Access bank,these month and sel it in 3month time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wisemanj(m): 12:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
thanks for ur info, pls can i invest a bank eg. Access bank,these month and sel it in 3month time thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 1:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
nereiskc:
My Oga, your sights and concepts is cool... But I hv taken time to study FTNCOCOA financials performance, omo is on d negative side oooo, if we base on FG promises, is like taking a wide dive into d sea (u knw our govt nawa).Unless u give it time to see promises put to actions, then u can proceed (that my opinion). Here is link on analysis on ftncocoa by bloomberg business week for ur assessment.
www.investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/financials/financials.asp?ticker=FTNCOCOA:NL
Greetings to all....
Thanks for educating me.

While I acknowledge your stand, I will just chip in that the biz of stocks is all about speculation which is also PROBABILITY. So, I will conclude that my style is a form of speculation. cheesy grin This has worked for me 75% (or more) of the time.

Keep investing, gentlemen.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by elubiazo: 3:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
@jamace: my oga, u get mind o, to won invest for stock wey neva start dey move. 4 me sha, i dnt think i wld risk my money in stock lyk dat unless there is sign of price movt. 4 now my target is increasing my units in both ACCESS BANK and UBA. So far this yr, i have made 34% n 60% gains in both stocks. I believe UBA might hit 10 by april if there is no execeptional item in their FY Result and ACCESS BANK might declare BONUS. HAPPY WKEND EVERYONE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE: NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE
market making stuff is the major brain behind stock movement now and this will in in long way to help the market but we should be careful of decisive buying . This is for longs
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 4:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
elubiazo: @jamace: my oga, u get mind o, to won invest for stock wey neva start dey move. 4 me sha, i dnt think i wld risk my money in stock lyk dat unless there is sign of price movt. 4 now my target is increasing my units in both ACCESS BANK and UBA. So far this yr, i have made 34% n 60% gains in both stocks. I believe UBA might hit 10 by april if there is no execeptional item in their FY Result and ACCESS BANK might declare BONUS. HAPPY WKEND EVERYONE

It's like people are scared of my "waiting in the bus" style of investing. grin grin

Let me explain the philosophy behind my style of investing.
First, I like penny stocks like mad because, most often, they give the highest capital appreciation! grin
Second, I like buying stocks at nominal value, mainly at N0.50k because it can not fall below that.
Thirdly, I look at volume of trade and number of deals on the stock. Once there is large volume of trade and high number of deals without the stock appreciating, I will suspect that some positive things are about happening to the stock and I will place order for purchase.

Like I said above, I invest mainly in penny-stocks which are at their nominal value. My calculation is that once the stock starts bullish move, it will hit N1.00k, which amounts to 100% profit. For your info, I have achieved this on some of my stocks already, between mid 2012 and now, and others are at least 50% profit. Again, my calculation is that if the stock does not move at all, nothing spoil, only time wasted. I can sell off and get my money back almost intact. This can not be said of stocks that fall from the cliff. cheesy

This is my own winning formula, anyway. grin

Keep investing, anyway.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:04pm On Feb 08, 2013
@JAMACE,grin grin grin cool grin grin[color=#550000][/color] MAN U TO MUCH OOOO grin AS FROM NOW U ARE MY MAN . I USE THAT UR WAY LAST 2012 AND IT WORK FOR ME. SO I WILL LIKE U TO SAVE MY NUMBER&E-MAIL 08095025817 IHEDIORAMMA@YAHOO.CA ANY TIME U SE A BUS LIKE THAT JOST ALART ME TO FOLLOW YOU grin I LOVE UR WAY, BOUT BECAREFUL, LOOK IN THE BUS BEFOR WE GO IN , SO THAT WE WILL NOT SE DOG THERE grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 8:23am On Feb 09, 2013
ihedioramma: @JAMACE,grin grin grin cool grin grin[color=#550000][/color] MAN U TO MUCH OOOO grin AS FROM NOW U ARE MY MAN . I USE THAT UR WAY LAST 2012 AND IT WORK FOR ME. SO I WILL LIKE U TO SAVE MY NUMBER&E-MAIL 08095025817 IHEDIORAMMA@YAHOO.CA ANY TIME U SE A BUS LIKE THAT JOST ALART ME TO FOLLOW YOU grin I LOVE UR WAY, BOUT BECAREFUL, LOOK IN THE BUS BEFOR WE GO IN , SO THAT WE WILL NOT SE DOG THERE grin

Thank you Oramma. Noted. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:35pm On Feb 09, 2013
jamace:

Thank you Oramma. Noted. cheesy

OK.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2013
Congratulations my fellow stock stalkers on the victory of the SUPER EAGLES at the AFCON. May your stocks be as successful as the SUPER EAGLES. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
jamace: Congratulations my fellow stock stalkers on the victory of the SUPER EAGLES at the AFCON. May your stocks be as successful as the SUPER EAGLES. cheesy
Amen. With juicy dividends and bonuses.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 2:14pm On Feb 11, 2013
This news is very IMPORTANT for your stock picks!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1191391/20-nigerian-companies-forbes-top

• Dangote Cement
• Zenith Bank PLC
• Ecobank Transnational Incorporated
• Nigerian Breweries Plc
• First Bank Plc
• Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
• United Bank for Africa
• Guinness Nigeria
• Nestlé Nigeria
• Access Bank
• Flour Mills Nigeria
• Union Bank of Nigeria
• Stanbic IBTC
• First City Monument Bank
• Lafarge Cement WAPCO
• Total Nigeria
• Unilever Nigeria
• PZ Cussions
• UACN
• Cadbury Nigeria Plc

Happy investing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vulpeslopez(m): 2:21pm On Feb 11, 2013
Oga Jamace,u r a man after my heart,Penny stocks r d Best....... Wema bank and Japaul oil r perfect examples.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 3:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
vulpeslopez: Oga Jamace,u r a man after my heart,Penny stocks r d Best....... Wema bank and Japaul oil r perfect examples.

Yes in the Bull season.. Penny stocks are king cos they could give you 100% return. But I will advise to also pick some of the good Blue chips with sound fundamentals cos when the Bears come along, they are more stable and resistant to major drops in prices! Moreover penny stocks are not very liquid! You could get stuck in there for a very very long time!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2013
jamace: This news is very IMPORTANT for your stock picks!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1191391/20-nigerian-companies-forbes-top

• Dangote Cement
• Zenith Bank PLC
• Ecobank Transnational Incorporated
• Nigerian Breweries Plc
• First Bank Plc
• Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
• United Bank for Africa
• Guinness Nigeria
• Nestlé Nigeria
• Access Bank
• Flour Mills Nigeria
• Union Bank of Nigeria
• Stanbic IBTC
• First City Monument Bank
• Lafarge Cement WAPCO
• Total Nigeria
• Unilever Nigeria
• PZ Cussions
• UACN
• Cadbury Nigeria Plc

Happy investing.
NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE: NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE
this news would not have any effect. Not in this time of recovery and global economy clash. We all know nigeria is great in west africa so, ..........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
jamace: Congratulations my fellow stock stalkers on the victory of the SUPER EAGLES at the AFCON. May your stocks be as successful as the SUPER EAGLES. cheesy
AMEN TO THAT AND ALL SO BE WITH U PROFIT, DIVIDEND AND BONUS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
feelamong:

Yes in the Bull season.. Penny stocks are king cos they could give you 100% return. But I will advise to also pick some of the good Blue chips with sound fundamentals cos when the Bears come along, they are more stable and resistant to major drops in prices! Moreover penny stocks are not very liquid! You could get stuck in there for a very very long time!
So long as the penny stock is doing well as a business and paying some dividend annually.. their shares will keep rising.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:49am On Feb 12, 2013
question:
So long as the penny stock is doing well as a business and paying some dividend annually.. their shares will keep rising.
WHAT ARE THE PENNY STOCKS THAT PAY DIVIDEND AND BONUS? NAME THEM PLS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:53am On Feb 12, 2013
HELLO EVERY ONE, GOOD DAY TO EVERY ONE IN THIS ROOM. PLS LET SOME ONE THAT NO TEACH ME, WHAT IS THE BUSINESS OF AFRIPRUD,AND UBCAP,?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 6:25am On Feb 12, 2013
feelamong:

Thanks oga mi.

Yes, I am in the spirit of the bull season and I will be with penny stocks until the ministry moves to the permanent site. grin grin.

I like blue chips too but I don't have the financial muscle to face them. More over, I hate having just a few quantity of shares, you know this biz is a game of number. But with penny stocks, my small capital will make me look like the chairman of the company grin grin But in all, and on the final analysis, any approach that yields money for you should be followed.

Keep on investing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 9:05am On Feb 12, 2013
jamace:

Thanks oga mi.

Yes, I am in the spirit of the bull season and I will be with penny stocks until the ministry moves to the permanent site. grin grin.

I like blue chips too but I don't have the financial muscle to face them. More over, I hate having just a few quantity of shares, you know this biz is a game of number. But with penny stocks, my small capital will make me look like the chairman of the company grin grin But in all, and on the final analysis, any approach that yields money for you should be followed.

Keep on investing.

Jamace, You are too much, I like your mindset. I can only say be careful as you move ahead. Your post has made me to look at penny stocks too, but as usual companies with little fundamentals. What I am checking for is MIS PRICING. For example Wema is currently arround N1.66 while unity bank is N1.
I can see a mis pricing here because Unity bank is more robust than wema bank at least EPS is not in doubt.

I have confidence that unity bank will at least reach N1.66, the current price of WEMA. If I buy now that should not be less than 66% clean profit
target. Hope somebody help me?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:51am On Feb 12, 2013
ihedioramma: HELLO EVERY ONE, GOOD DAY TO EVERY ONE IN THIS ROOM. PLS LET SOME ONE THAT NO TEACH ME, WHAT IS THE BUSINESS OF AFRIPRUD,AND UBCAP,?

Afriprud is also called Africa Prudential Registrars while UBCAP is UBA Capital.

Both companies were spun-off from United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc Group in line with the directive of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Specifically, a total of 4 billion shares of UBA Capital Plc were listed at N1.16 while 1 billion shares of Africa Prudential Registrars Plc were listed on the NSE at N1.59 per share.

Africa Prudential Registrars is a leading share registration service provider in Nigeria. They have over 30 years of share registration experience in the Nigerian Capital Market and this had given them the opportunities to participate in various offers, including IPO, Right Issue, Debenture, State and Federal Government Bonds, etc

UBA Capital Nigeria is an integrated, multi-disciplinary investment bank providing advisory services.
UBA Capital Nigeria is a recognised leader for design and execution of major financial transactions including multi-jurisdiction, cross-border mergers & acquisitions and has a strong track record in corporate finance having been involved in several equity capital raising transactions. UBA Capital Plc is a group of companies that comprises of five operating businesses with its focused on investing banking, asset management trusteeship, stockbroking and life assurance.

Enjoy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:01am On Feb 12, 2013
sellydion:

Jamace, You are too much, I like your mindset. I can only say be careful as you move ahead. Your post has made me to look at penny stocks too, but as usual companies with little fundamentals. What I am checking for is MIS PRICING. For example Wema is currently arround N1.66 while unity bank is N1.
I can see a mis pricing here because Unity bank is more robust than wema bank at least EPS is not in doubt.

I have confidence that unity bank will at least reach N1.66, the current price of WEMA. If I buy now that should not be less than 66% clean profit
target. Hope somebody help me?

Hmmmmmmm.. I hope you understand the difference between Investing and Speculationg!

Good luck!!! Am sure you will need loads of it!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:54am On Feb 12, 2013
feelamong:

Hmmmmmmm.. I hope you understand the difference between Investing and Speculationg!

Good luck!!! Am sure you will need loads of it!
i

Thanks feelamong, I know the difference. I am now in speculative mood like Jamace!!! but how safe is safe?. I think I am very safe. There are still some of these penny stocks that are fundamentally balanced. Just waiting for the market to move, for example I did a lot of Research on AIICO at .80k,
notting is wrong with the company in corporate governance, fundamental and financial performances. The market at times is irrational and it can stay like that untill you either gain or lose all your money.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2013
What do you guys think about CI Leasing. 3rd quarter EPS and PE ratio is around 0.2 and 2.54. Im wondering why the company is still trading @ N 0.50?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 5:02pm On Feb 12, 2013
courage89: What do you guys think about CI Leasing. 3rd quarter EPS and PE ratio is around 0.2 and 2.54. Im wondering why the company is still trading @ N 0.50?
courage89: What do you guys think about CI Leasing. 3rd quarter EPS and PE ratio is around 0.2 and 2.54. Im wondering why the company is still trading @ N 0.50?

Well the company is bedevil by debts:
1.Negative working capital
2.Negative cash flow
3.No bonus
4.No Dividend

The stock price may still move, in the hands of market makers. It is not my kind of stock. Others may have something else to say.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 5:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
sellydion:

Well the company is bedevil by debts:
1.Negative working capital
2.Negative cash flow
3.No bonus
4.No Dividend

The stock price may still move, in the hands of market makers. It is not my kind of stock. Others may have something else to say.

You're right; the negative cf, negative wc, no bonus and dividend turn people away from the company. But, the more you look at others issues at this current price, the more it makes you want to have a rethink. For example, the company is currently holding about 2.7 billion in cash and bank balances while the market cap is merely 433 million. Also, the company's net asset is 2.1 billion. When you compare that with market cap, it clearly shows the company is worth more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (7736) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: handsomebolanle, 222Martins(m), tayejay(m), FreeStuffsNG, Agbalowomeri, Heishere, Ojoboak(m), Adinije(f), Kreos44 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.