Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? (4616 Views)

Is It Wrong That I Dont Allow My Children Watch Tv / How Do You Cope With The Death Of Your Child/children? / Parent(s) Laying Curses On Their Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by etochi11(m): 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2012
Please, aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ they 2 bad or what??
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by agitator: 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
they are too expensive to marry and it's cheaper to maintain a mercedes benz than an imo lady wink wink wink
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by etochi11(m): 6:03pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hahah! But,seriously, its affecting me ryt now
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by k2039: 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2012
etochi11: Hahah! But,seriously, its affecting me ryt now
Very simple;
Ask your parent?, they are in the best position to answer your question.

Besides how many parents have you encountered that refused their kids marriage because their spouse was IMO(wondering why you used 'MOST')
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by etochi11(m): 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
I knw y i used "most" cos if U̶̲̥̅ dig well, U̶̲̥̅ will knotiz d same tin.
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by Lawconfessor(f): 7:13pm On Dec 13, 2012
etochi11: I knw y i used "most" cos if U̶̲̥̅ dig well, U̶̲̥̅ will knotiz d same tin.

Yeah! I suppose U re right. I've really observed it very well, and I knw many ppl it has affected.
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by etochi11(m): 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
†ђξ tin rili gives Me headache cos am abt falling victim of dis case
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by Lawconfessor(f): 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
^^ ^^
I fink dt wot matters is U & d ONE U wish to spend d rest of ur life with.
Not parent dis n dat.

1 Like

Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by coogar: 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
etochi11: Please, Α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ they 2 bad or what??

because they are the most educated igbo chics in nigeria.
an igbo man who struggled to raise his daughter and put her through good schools up to m.sc levels would demand huge bride price. it's not rocket science!
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by slimchi2k2(m): 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2012
@etochi11
pls ask ur guy to tell u the truth why his parent dont want him to marry u,is not because of imo,
maybe he usin it as excuse to u or his not the right person to u,used ur common sense
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by goldfish80(m): 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
coogar:

because they are the most educated igbo chics in nigeria.
an igbo man who struggled to raise his daughter and put her through good schools up to m.sc levels would demand huge bride price. it's not rocket science!
Its marriage we ª̳͡Rε̲̣̣̣ talking about, not slave trade
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by coogar: 7:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
goldfish80:
Its marriage we ª̳͡Rε̲̣̣̣ talking about, not slave trade

you are being handed a ready-made babe and you are shouting slavetrade? if you want a graduate from imperial college, better be ready to pay top dollar to get her otherwise settle for your oturmokpo college of education graduate.
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by etochi11(m): 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
@cooger... Dats y d rate of single gals in IMO state is vry high...
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
Cooger is that really true the bride price? They actually collect that money? Cos Yorubas always return it. I thought it's film tricks only undecided

I never asked my friends cos they might be offended ,

Educate me Abeg
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by etochi11(m): 8:03pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hehee! @slimchi.. Is it used ur common sense" or use ur common sense ni?? Den,,, am a guy!! Am not a gal.
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by slimchi2k2(m): 8:21pm On Dec 13, 2012
@etochi11:
sorry to address u as girl i dont mean to insult u but i from IMO STATE i see many people sayin thing like dis withou knowin the truth
know this any family u want to marry there daughter even due u dont have money for the tradiction things,u we still marry the girl by doin the
important things as u have,i have four sisters there are all married,is not everything our village demand them buy they ask to buy the once them can
pls sorry if u see my first post as insult ok

1 Like

Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by goldfish80(m): 8:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
coogar:

you are being handed a ready-made babe and you are shouting slavetrade? if you want a graduate from imperial college, better be ready to pay top dollar to get her otherwise settle for your oturmokpo college of education graduate.
Taaa mechie onu... Because ure marrying a graduate that's †ђξ reason one should buy a motor bike(ladies machine), sewing machine(butterfly) in some extreme cases pledging scholarship fø̲̣̣я̅ one of ur fiancees sibling to Tertiary level! Their fathers should marry †ђξm since he trained em to cambridge!
nonsense.
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by etochi11(m): 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2012
And dis issue is now serving as a "dent" 2 der image.. C ehh,am hanging out wit dis oklahoma gal. Honestly, she has a gud heart( we H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ only stayed 4 2 months shaa) but,, M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ mum told me DAT she cnt allow me 2 marry any IMO gal.. Asin.. i can't stop asking mysef "Y"
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by coogar: 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
etochi11: @cooger... Dats y d rate of single gals in IMO state is vry high...

leave it like that!
our women are not complaining.....

goldfish80:
Taaa mechie onu... Because ure marrying a graduate that's †ђξ reason one should buy a motor bike(ladies machine), sewing machine(butterfly) in some extreme cases pledging scholarship fø̲̣̣я̅ one of ur fiancees sibling to Tertiary level! Their fathers should marry †ђξm since he trained em to cambridge!
nonsense.

jidegirl12: Cooger is that really true the bride price? They actually collect that money? Cos Yorubas always return it. I thought it's film tricks only undecided
I never asked my friends cos they might be offended ,
Educate me Abeg

of course, they collect it......
the idea is recouping all what was spent on the bride. in recent times, they have actually stepped it up with blackberry phones, laptops, ipads, etc. it's all part of the ish!
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by etochi11(m): 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2012
@cooger.. I pray Ooº°˚ ˚°ºo!!! But,, if d ask me of , iPad or laptop,, i will jst forget d gal and ƓƟ M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ way..i Dun blame men DAT du beat up der wives. After reasoning all d moni spent, U̶̲̥̅ will want 2 kill ӇҾȓ wen she starts misbehaving
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by cantell(m): 12:50am On Dec 14, 2012
@Op,
Aside from the high bride price in that area, their women are so fixated with taking care of their parents/siblings/relatives at their husbands expense.
Some even go to the extent of making their husband build a house for their parents.
They're a bit promiscuous though in a coded way and very persuasive in nature. But in other aspects, they're good.
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 14, 2012
wow i don't know the same thing applies to guys who want to marry from there.
my people discourage you once you are dating them simply because they feel their guys are stingy, promisciuos(womanisers), selfcentered, and cannot take care of their wives in marriage. i am currently dating someone from imo, orlu precisely and i know he is different.
@0p.... people differ and if she's good then go ahead. i dont see the reason why ibos should discriminate other ibos....we are one....
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by etochi11(m): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2012
@Cantell...nic 1! What U̶̲̥̅ said ȋ̝̊̅§ tru. D always persuade der husband to build house Fø̲̣̣я̅ der parents.@nne.. U̶̲̥̅ re Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​oτ̣̣̥​ from IMO ryt? But U̶̲̥̅ re dating IMO guy. Du ur parents approve d relationship?
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 14, 2012
No am nt imo, am frm awka
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by agitator: 2:47pm On Dec 14, 2012
nne3870: No am nt imo, am frm awka

babe it's the other way round in your case. Your husband people will not ask you to buy motorcycle or train one of his siblings, otherwise you will have been singing a different song. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by pcmadu(m): 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2012
All this trash u guys are saying about Imo is total B.S. I'm from Mbaise which to most has the highest brideprice. After goin to over 20 traditional wedding(few in mbaise), I noticed that its just a negative stereotype. All my sisters that married non of the their husband spend/paid up to 150k total.

Funny enough a friend of mine married at uga/anambra state last month, he asked the should bill him that he wanna pay in cash. They insisted he pays 600k after negotiating it from over a million. I got so angry and I told him let's go. The girl was crying begging the elders but the refused.

We spent over 3 hrs negotiating for more reduction before they said we should pay the 250k we have and balance them before the end of the year. After that day I told mysef never would I marry outside Mbaise or Obowo. Imo women are very respectful, educated and can manage better in hard times. Anambra/enugu are very materialistic so if u can't meet to her need she would leave u or start disrespectin u. That's why divorce rate is higher in Anambra/Enugu than other igbo state.

1 Like

Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by slimchi2k2(m): 4:41pm On Dec 14, 2012
@pcmadu
bro i wonder the way people judge things,there just jealous of our gold I'M proud of IMO
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by cantell(m): 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
pcmadu: All this trash u guys are saying about Imo is total B.S. I'm from Mbaise which to most has the highest brideprice. After goin to over 20 traditional wedding(few in mbaise), I noticed that its just a negative stereotype. All my sisters that married non of the their husband spend/paid up to 150k total.

Funny enough a friend of mine married at uga/anambra state last month, he asked the should bill him that he wanna pay in cash. They insisted he pays 600k after negotiating it from over a million. I got so angry and I told him let's go. The girl was crying begging the elders but the refused.

We spent over 3 hrs negotiating for more reduction before they said we should pay the 250k we have and balance them before the end of the year. After that day I told mysef never would I marry outside Mbaise or Obowo. Imo women are very respectful, educated and can manage better in hard times. Anambra/enugu are very materialistic so if u can't meet to her need she would leave u or start disrespectin u. That's why divorce rate is higher in Anambra/Enugu than other igbo state.
O boy stop spewing crap! If you don't know what to say, just shut the Bleep up!
Why do people cook up lies just to pass their useless points across? No town in Anambra state requests for dowry worth that amount.
For your information, Uga is a neighbouring town to ours and some of my cousins hail from Uga. I know them too well and what you just said about them asking for 600k is ridiculous and senseless.
Go do your homework very well and then come back for a cultural lesson on bride price.
Until then. . .

1 Like

Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by etochi11(m): 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2012
Am tellin U̶̲̥̅ .. Dis guy ȋ̝̊̅§ bias..wooowww! 600k Fø̲̣̣я̅ a woman? Йą visa??
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by pcmadu(m): 4:31am On Dec 15, 2012
Listen I don't have any reason to lie, what I wrote is what happened and I am a witness to it. Regardless its only Anambra ppl that have issue marrying imo(it goes both ways too), generally we are more loved by others. Our women make way better wife than any other part of igbo land. An Anambra woman lack respect that's why d always find it difficult to remain in a man house.

List 5 popular Anambra politician that is still married to his first wife/husband.
Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by sheweezy(f): 8:03am On Dec 15, 2012
Woooooooozaaaaaa!!!!600k for bride price kilode, ipads, blackberry haba, have they being suffering b4 ni or what. Anyways what I have being hearing about Imo people especially Mbaise is that they are too diabolic. Don't know if its true o but it can be one of the reasons sha. Places not to marry from
Imo
Aluu
Ijebu

1 Like

Re: Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? by ba7man(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2012
coogar:

leave it like that!
our women are not complaining.....

of course, they collect it......
the idea is recouping all what was spent on the bride. in recent times, they have actually stepped it up with blackberry phones, laptops, ipads, etc. it's all part of the ish!
I suspect this is what drives a lot of young men into crime, in order to appear capable enough to marry a wife. A kidnapper, drug dealer etc can easily afford it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should My Wife Be My Next Of Kin? / I Need Your Help Experienced Ladies / Women Try And Control Your Tongues!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.