Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,444 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi (8563 Views)

Tribunal Nullifies PDP Lawmaker’s Election, Orders Fresh Poll In Makurdi-north / Photos From The PDP Massive Presidential Campaign Rally In Makurdi, Benue / Presidential Electrocution:10 Pro-jonathan Campaigners Suffered Electric Shock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by touchmehard: 11:38am On Dec 14, 2012
Instead of the boy to face his studies and focus on passing his exams, he is already sabotaging government facilities.
Same people that will still complain of low power supply, they are stiill the same people sabotaging the little that has been provided.
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by pixblogger: 11:42am On Dec 14, 2012
karl max: Later he would be among those who would criticize government for not providing power!.like some retardinho's on nairaland this days who blame even the inability of their parents performing well on bed on the FG.
Though this is not a laughing matter, but you got me lmao! grin
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by aieromon(m): 11:43am On Dec 14, 2012
He should rat out the syndicate involved cos somebody must have taught him how to do this crazy sh!t.
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by pixblogger: 11:47am On Dec 14, 2012
The smoke from his head is enough to boil water for making a bowl of garium sulphate! grin
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Otses(f): 11:48am On Dec 14, 2012
Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner.
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Kx: 11:51am On Dec 14, 2012
omniwater007: Get rich or die trying! embarassedGet rich or die trying!

Exactly.
Perhaps 50cents is his mentor.
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
Otses: Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner.

why are you people quick to judge? What if the guy was there to switch their line to the one that ha power in it? (though that does not give him the right to climb the pole in the first, neither does it make him a hoodlum) Thank God he survived!
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Lexusgs430: 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
And why are the officers holding each arm without gloves or some sort of protection against infection? Before I get crucified, I know infection is not what the vandal would be worried about, @ the point of arrest !!!
NB: just an observation

1 Like

Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by ayobase(m): 12:34pm On Dec 14, 2012
Hmmmm...seriously, what was he thinking.

He should go for thanksgiving o!

He was very very very lucky!
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Galaxydon1(m): 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2012
Poor boy. He really needs money to buy christmas clothe and shoe. Better luck next time.
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Coldfeet(f): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2012
AB$I:
na u send am shei? Yeye
You still dey ask? Wait I dey come Okpebe!

1 Like

Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by akpomeme(m): 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2012
Abujafood: Stu.Pid boy! I should say sorry but in his case I'll only thank God he survived but he deserves his punishment!
grin grin grin grin grin did you notice his head is releasing smoke grin grin grin grin
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by akpomeme(m): 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
Okija_juju:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by akpomeme(m): 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
pixblogger:
Though this is not a laughing matter, but you got me lmao! grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin or retards that can't brush their teeth well and blame it on Gej when a girl refuses to kiss them... grin grin grin grin
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by klax(m): 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
What is the matter with this boy? Is he alright mentally or what?? So his brain could not tell him what he was trying to do is a serious crime and beside the risk of all time risk toying with high tension electric cable he is very lucky to be alive this would be a lesson for him and others.
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Turbocharged: 2:31pm On Dec 14, 2012
slap1: The future leaders are learning from the present leaders.

And who did the present leaders learn from?
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Turbocharged: 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
Akosbaba: Even though pple will blame this guy for this stupid act and rightly so but if the standards of living were a little bit better they won't be apprehending up to 30 vandals a year

So you also want to blame someone else for your DNA?
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Turbocharged: 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2012
klax: What is the matter with this boy? Is he alright mentally or what?? So his brain could not tell him what he was trying to do is a serious crime and beside the risk of all time risk toying with high tension electric cable he is very lucky to be alive this would be a lesson for him and others.

FYI, something becomes a crime in Nigeria when another person is the perpetrator. But if you are the one doing it, it becomes normal.
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2012
See wetin poverty dey cause.SMH cry
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by yme1(f): 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2012
was he preparing to commit suicide?
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2012
Sweet holy Jesus! is his body smoking?! tongue
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by omega25red(m): 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2012
Galaxydon1: Poor boy. He really needs money to buy christmas clothe and shoe. Better luck next time.
Sorry for my ignorance but i really don't understand how this guy vandalizing the power lines would bring him money. Can someone please explain
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2012
Na liiie jorrrr, na photoshop undecided
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by EASY39(m): 11:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
jamp: MAKURDI — A 16-year-old boy, Terseer Iorparegh, was yesterday caught stuck in a high tension cable while attempting to vandalize the PHCN cable along Naka road in Makurdi.

Vanguard gathered from the Senior Special Assistant to Governor Gabriel Suswam on Public Utilities, Mr. Gaddafi Asemanya who was at the scene said residents of the area were woken up by shout of help from the young man around 2.am on Thursday only to behold the teenager hanging between the high tension cable after he had suffered shock and first degree burns

Asemanya said the teenager who had removed the lower cable climbed the PHCN pole to vandalize the upper cable when his leg touched a line which caused a spark and fire which spread over his body while he persistently shouted for help.

According to the governor’s aide, “vandalism of PHCN property has become a serious issue in Benue State, in the last one year. I have apprehended over 30 vandals, while some were prosecuted many of these persons were set free because PHCH has no legal team to ensure the prosecution of these suspects”, he said.
He explained that the residents had wanted to lynch the vandal but for his quick intervention and assistance by men of the fire service, the police and officers and men of the civil defence corps who were on hand to assist recover the vandal.

The Special Assitant further disclosed that the suspect was receiving medical attention at the Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi where he lied critically ill with no one coming to identify him.
Reacting, PHCN spokesman, Uche Oranya who appreciated the prompt action of the residents of the area, as well as that of the governor’s aide called on security operatives to ensure adequate safeguard of PHCN facilities in the state.

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/16-yr-old-cable-vandal-survives-electrocution/
. He is a great stupid boy,He dosn't take from small case now climbing a high tension.He be like say he don tired of ds Word. Dt is why he climed up to lv in betw heaven and Earth
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by EASY39(m): 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2012
jamp: MAKURDI — A 16-year-old boy, Terseer Iorparegh, was yesterday caught stuck in a high tension cable while attempting to vandalize the PHCN cable along Naka road in Makurdi.

Vanguard gathered from the Senior Special Assistant to Governor Gabriel Suswam on Public Utilities, Mr. Gaddafi Asemanya who was at the scene said residents of the area were woken up by shout of help from the young man around 2.am on Thursday only to behold the teenager hanging between the high tension cable after he had suffered shock and first degree burns

Asemanya said the teenager who had removed the lower cable climbed the PHCN pole to vandalize the upper cable when his leg touched a line which caused a spark and fire which spread over his body while he persistently shouted for help.

According to the governor’s aide, “vandalism of PHCN property has become a serious issue in Benue State, in the last one year. I have apprehended over 30 vandals, while some were prosecuted many of these persons were set free because PHCH has no legal team to ensure the prosecution of these suspects”, he said.
He explained that the residents had wanted to lynch the vandal but for his quick intervention and assistance by men of the fire service, the police and officers and men of the civil defence corps who were on hand to assist recover the vandal.

The Special Assitant further disclosed that the suspect was receiving medical attention at the Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi where he lied critically ill with no one coming to identify him.
Reacting, PHCN spokesman, Uche Oranya who appreciated the prompt action of the residents of the area, as well as that of the governor’s aide called on security operatives to ensure adequate safeguard of PHCN facilities in the state.

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/16-yr-old-cable-vandal-survives-electrocution/
. He is a great stupid boy,He dosn't take from small case now climbing a high tension.He be like say he don tired of ds Word. Dt is why he climed up to lv in betw heaven and Earth
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Chynx(m): 8:10am On Dec 15, 2012
Akosbaba: Even though pple will blame this guy for this stupid act and rightly so but if the standards of living were a little bit better they won't be apprehending up to 30 vandals a year

Aren't u part of the system? We all are! Why haven't u decided to go looting? My dear, stealing is an act that reveals itself through an individual's state of mind. Serves him right!

1 Like

Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Chynx(m): 8:15am On Dec 15, 2012
pixblogger: The smoke from his head is enough to boil water for making a bowl of garium sulphate! grin

grin grin grin @ @ Garium Sulphate(Garri) lol...combined with soup made of Potassium Heptaoxodichromate six (K2Cr2o7) grin
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by naptu2: 8:52am On Dec 15, 2012
omega25red: Sorry for my ignorance but i really don't understand how this guy vandalizing the power lines would bring him money. Can someone please explain

1) Boy steals power cables and sells them to people who will reuse them (it's cheaper).

2) Boy steals power cables, street light poles, metal guard rails (from bridges), etc and sells them to people who will melt the metal and convert it to ear rings, bangles, etc.

Basically, he would have sold the cables if he had succeeded.

1 Like

Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Goldieluks: 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2012
I hope they are taking him to the hospital, abi na prison things? grin
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Goldieluks: 7:00pm On Dec 15, 2012
Okija_juju:

grin grin grin grin
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Abagworo(m): 7:10pm On Dec 15, 2012
Does the boy have parents or elder siblings? I guess they've failed in their duty.
Re: 16-Yr-old Cable Vandal Survives Electrocution In Makurdi by Chynx(m): 11:47pm On Dec 15, 2012
Abagworo: Does the boy have parents or elder siblings? I guess they've failed in their duty.

@ 16, he should be reasonable enough to know the reactions to his actions!...We were all 16 at a time and faced various forms of hardship...but I doubt if any one of us attempted to climb up a PHCN pole, let alone vandalize it!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Full Election Results From All The States / Appeal Court Upholds Senator Abaribe's Election / Oyo PDP Splits As ‘Unity Forum’ Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.