Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters (18229 Views)

N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by chakula: 11:21am On Dec 14, 2012
According to the many NLanders Sahara reporters isn’t a worthy source when it’s comes to the news, now, how reliable this information is? Should I believe it..............
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by BelloDare: 11:21am On Dec 14, 2012
Thank God as the kidnapper de spare poor people if not............
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by adeniyibolanle(m): 11:22am On Dec 14, 2012
Sure they wil av given away millions just because of a vip's mum, thieves. If pale white horse take d woman make them go use money beg death
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by NSNA: 11:23am On Dec 14, 2012
Some criminals just became rich possibly. Now the question is spend all that money and years going to earn your degree and finsh looking for job, or make millions quick in 3 days. Sick.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by greaterlove(m): 11:23am On Dec 14, 2012
if this is true then its goodnews.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by omowolewa: 11:23am On Dec 14, 2012
What of General Oluwole Rotimi's wife?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by 5much(m): 11:25am On Dec 14, 2012
how come a common man can not get dis kind of rapid response.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by tonymusogo: 11:25am On Dec 14, 2012
The security forces did not do anything .
She was dropped by motorcycle on a major road in Delta state by the kidnappers...
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by thelastPope(m): 11:26am On Dec 14, 2012
The kidnappers cannot make 1 kobo from this. It is the wrongest personality to abduct! When you abduct a personality of this status, you bring the whole of the nation's security against yourself, your family and even village! It is like a declaration of war! It is obvious the kidnappers panicked and drop the woman off and fled! Wrong move by the kidnappers. They probably thought this would mean big money for them but it is wrong judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by chidooh1: 11:31am On Dec 14, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
Nigerian kidnappers are the most rootless in the world because they mean business and it's all about money, these guys are in money now, can anybody still fool himself by believing that she was just released like that?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by dasparrow: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2012
@Post

If this is true, then to God be the glory! It is not fair to harm the elderly. Anyone who has a problem with Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala should face her directly and leave her aged parents and/or her children out of it. Simple!

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by ohemmanu: 11:33am On Dec 14, 2012
ayox2003: Now let's see if 'em GEJ goons will call Sahara reporters FAKE on this one.

OP, I'm sure Okonjo will now know what it means to have a legion of unemployed youths in a unsecured environment. If she's learnt her lesson, she will do something about it.

Frawzey
As par your president?SMH for you.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by onyeego(m): 11:34am On Dec 14, 2012
Ete Flexible:

Very true and we thank them but this fire for fire work should not only be when V.I.Ps are in arms way but rather it should be for every one abi no be dem talk say Police is your Friend.. Security forces thank you once again but please sit up
have you ever been in arms way grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by mkoabiola: 11:35am On Dec 14, 2012
With d ransome paid 200M,ds kidanpping is now a lucrative bzness oooooo.lol.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Maleeq(m): 11:35am On Dec 14, 2012
Hmmmm, guys, there is a big conspiracy here. Follow me on this and see the light.

Firstly, NOI's mother was kidnapped and the kidnappers demand $1bn ransom. That NOI and GEJ are buddies isn't news. She doesn't have the ransom so she approaches GEJ. Days later, GEJ suddenly requests NGN161bn for subsidy for december offset.
The blackmarket rate of dollar to naira is about NGN161....Do the maths, its equal to the ransom figure of $1bn shocked
GEJ meets with senate last night, gets approval for the NGN161bn, and like magic, NOI's mum is released this morning!!

Who is fooling who? Who kidnapped NOI's mum? Those demanding the subsidy??

PS: I was not high when i figured that out o! grin

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by ignis: 11:37am On Dec 14, 2012
Stallion77: A security source has just confirmed to Sahareporters that the kidnapped mother of Nigeria's finance minister, Professor Kamene Okonjo has been freed by security forces in Delta state.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/kidnapped-mother-nigerias-finance-minister-freed
Security forces ke.... Why didn't they give the detail of the mission?
Am sure the Okonjos paid an exhobitant amount of money which Nigeria will see as money lundering and corruption by asking where the source of the large amount of money .
Let them continue coding. Who is deceiving who now?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Vincent41(m): 11:37am On Dec 14, 2012
Stallion77: A security source has just confirmed to Sahareporters that the kidnapped mother of Nigeria's finance minister, Professor Kamene Okonjo has been freed by security forces in Delta state.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/kidnapped-mother-nigerias-finance-minister-freed

why did they free her.....did she pay de 1 million? If no,she better been taken back or let another people kidnapp her again.....

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by onatisi(m): 11:41am On Dec 14, 2012
boyz don hammer cash,i guess the kidnappers wil be out of naija by nw,i knw the police willl come up with some commando rescue operation story.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by thelastPope(m): 11:42am On Dec 14, 2012
chakula: According to the many NLanders Sahara reporters isn’t a worthy source when it’s comes to the news, now, how reliable this information is? Should I believe it..............

It has been all over the news. I laughed when I saw it posted like a saharareporters exclusive news. Propaganda as usual! Lol
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by touchmehard: 11:43am On Dec 14, 2012
Chinom: Until i read in The Guardian or Vanguard, i no fit comment.

This should be what you are looking for:

Professor Kamene Okonjo, the mother of Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who was abducted last Sunday from her home, has been freed.
According to sources, Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan is on his way to Ogwuashi-Uku to receive the 82-year old queen of the town.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/okonjo-iwealas-mum-freed/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Say "thank you" to me grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 14, 2012
shocked NA ONLY ME DEY SEE D WRITING ON THE WALL, SOME GUYS HERE ARE SO DUMB! OYA NOW GO BACK AND READ THE TOPIC VERY WELL grin

IT SAYS 'SHE HAS BEEN FREED' right? NOT 'RESCUED' SO NOW DO THE THINKING...

The question now is, who FREED her?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by lacasa: 11:44am On Dec 14, 2012
Omoo cheesy

Some yigbo boys don hammer be dat grin

My own is next oo grin

**loading his Ak**
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Stallion77(f): 11:45am On Dec 14, 2012
BALLER ON: 1st question - Who paid the 200 million naira
2nd question- why did it take FMF 96 hours to deliver 200million naira only
3rd question- what's the fate of the over 60 people arrested?

my answer is for question 2: Is it the responsibility of FMF to pay ransom of the adoption of Ngozi's mother or the family of the abducted?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by touchmehard: 11:46am On Dec 14, 2012
lacasa: Omoo cheesy

Some yigbo boys don hammer be dat grin

My own is next oo grin

**loading his Ak**
Abeg no go join kidnappers o. It doesn't pay at last please my brother.
Quick cash leads to quick death
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 14, 2012
saintade01: EYIN OLUWA L'OGO oooooooo. cheesy

Meanwhile, hw much was the dowry ransom paid

I was going to ask the same thing. Naija police is so predictable
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by taharqa: 11:48am On Dec 14, 2012
Maleeq: Hmmmm, guys, there is a big conspiracy here. Follow me on this and see the light.

Firstly, NOI's mother was kidnapped and the kidnappers demand $1bn ransom. That NOI and GEJ are buddies isn't news. She doesn't have the ransom so she approaches GEJ. Days later, GEJ suddenly requests NGN161bn for subsidy for december offset.
The blackmarket rate of dollar to naira is about NGN161....Do the maths, its equal to the ransom figure of $1bn shocked
GEJ meets with senate last night, gets approval for the NGN161bn, and like magic, NOI's mum is released this morning!!

Who is fooling who? Who kidnapped NOI's mum? Those demanding the subsidy??

PS: I was not high when i figured that out o! grin
Hahahaha....guy, you were more than high, lol....... Anyways, thnks for d comic relief. U try
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by ghettodreamz(m): 11:48am On Dec 14, 2012
Thank God for her life..

But SERIOUSLY, How does this stop the problem of insecurities, corruptions, unemployment and other social vices in NIGERIA ? cry cry cry
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by controlseven: 11:49am On Dec 14, 2012
Ga.rri wey too hot no dey gree swallow!....so dey don vomit dey woman sharp sharp.......if na my neighbour mama, nobody go hear'am for news. What an unequal world!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by ddippset(m): 11:51am On Dec 14, 2012
My question is; how do kidnappers collect ransom without being nabbed? Or is it like they do in nollywood where they will go and drop the money in one bush. But can't the popo lay an ambush? Pls someone who has kidnapped before or who knows the art of kidnapping should shed more light.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 14, 2012
omowolewa: What of General Oluwole Rotimi's wife?
All Animals are equal but some are more equal than the others.. George Orwell
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Sijo01(f): 11:55am On Dec 14, 2012
Nothing goes for nothing!...... How much was paid?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Monitored PDP Primaries In Edo – INEC Counters Ali Modu Sheriff / Bribery Allegation: Presidency Defends Abba Kyari / Buhari Speaks At The United Nations, Vows To Reverse Climate Change In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.