Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers (7351 Views)

Kaduna State: Govt Begins Free Feeding For Primary School Pupils / Lagos Begins Free Knee Surgery / Ekiti Begins Free Treatment For Poor Indigenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by TonySpike: 10:55am On Dec 14, 2012
The Bi-Courtney Aviation Services Ltd. (BASL), operators of the Murtala Muhammed Airport Two (MMA2) in Lagos, say they have begun free internet service to passengers travelling through the terminal.

According to a statement signed and issued by the company’s spokesman, Mr Steve Omolale-Ajulo, the company said the service was in conjunction with iWayafrica and MultiChoice Nigeria.

“The first phase of the project has already started from the Final Departure lounge. This is one of the numerous Christmas gifts BASL is giving to its passengers.

“Other locations at the terminal, such as the Food Court, Meeters & Greeters, as well as KFC are to be considered for the facility very soon.

“More ambitious projects to make MMA2 the best terminal in Africa will be executed in the New Year,” it said.

The statement noted that the Wi-Fi Hotspot solution at the terminal would be the first of its kind in any airport terminal in Africa.

It says that the facility will enable users of the terminal access the world while waiting to board their flights.
“We’re really making the travel experience unique. We are the only airport terminal in Africa to offer free Wi-Fi to passengers.

“When it comes to working, investing and maintaining in the interest of the Nigerian public, we will make sure we remain far ahead,” it said.

Read more at http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/mma2-begins-free-internet-service-for-passengers/
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by TonySpike: 10:56am On Dec 14, 2012
Tony Spike:
“More ambitious projects to make MMA2 the best terminal in Africa will be executed in the New Year,” it said.

The statement noted that the Wi-Fi Hotspot solution at the terminal would be the first of its kind in any airport terminal in Africa.

It says that the facility will enable users of the terminal access the world while waiting to board their flights.
“We’re really making the travel experience unique. We are the only airport terminal in Africa to offer free Wi-Fi to passengers.

Read more at http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/mma2-begins-free-internet-service-for-passengers/

The bolded looks like a lie from the pit of hell. The first of its kind in Africa?
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by OmoTier1(m): 11:09am On Dec 14, 2012
Tony Spike:

The bolded looks like a lie from the pit of hell. The first of its kind in Africa?
Name one airport in Africa with free wii at their airport

1 Like

Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by moredendisc: 11:58am On Dec 14, 2012
Tony Spike:

Tony Spike:

Omo_Tier1:
Name one airport in Africa with free wii at their airport

@Tony Spike @Omo_Tier1

It was an example or evidence of exuberant journalism.

The journalist probably meant to report "The first of its kind in WEST Africa"

Jomo Kenyatta International Airport allows travellers wireless internet access at designated areas within the airport.

The airport is the first in East Africa to have the wireless link that allows travellers to use personal laptop computers or other hand-held cordless devices to communicate through the internet.

Kenya became the second country in Africa after South Africa to have hotspots at their international airports.

http://www.balancingact-africa.com/news/en/issue-no-215/internet/wi-fi-hotspots-bloss/en

2 Likes

Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by TonySpike: 1:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
moredendisc:

@Tony Spike @Omo_Tier1

It was an example or evidence of exuberant journalism.

The journalist probably meant to report "The first of its kind in WEST Africa"

Jomo Kenyatta International Airport allows travellers wireless internet access at designated areas within the airport.

The airport is the first in East Africa to have the wireless link that allows travellers to use personal laptop computers or other hand-held cordless devices to communicate through the internet.

Kenya became the second country in Africa after South Africa to have hotspots at their international airports.

http://www.balancingact-africa.com/news/en/issue-no-215/internet/wi-fi-hotspots-bloss/en

Thank you. Virtually all the airports in South Africa have WiFi hotspots and I can bet they are free to transiting passengers.
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by na2day(m): 2:38pm On Dec 14, 2012
Na today?
I used it while flying out two weeks ago!
In fact, i was pleasantly surprised it authenticated and connected my phone,
I quickly used it to download some heavy game files wink
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by TonySpike: 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2012
na2day!:
Na today?
I used it while flying out two weeks ago!
In fact, i was pleasantly surprised it authenticated and connected my phone,
I quickly used it to download some heavy game files wink

Hehe, Naija no dey carry last! Smart and correct dude you be!
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by hercules07: 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
[quote author=Tony Spike]

Hehe, Naija no dey carry last! Smart and correct dude you be![/quote
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by imperiouxx(m): 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2012
Good for MMA2. Wifi wasn't free in Schipol Airport, Amsterdam last time I transited through Netherlands.
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by Okijajuju1(m): 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2012
Nice...
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by 50calibre(m): 3:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
Guys will have to be careful using that wifi most especially to access sensitive information.

I'm sure pretty soon fraudsters will begin to use the wifi to gain access into people's systems and carry out phishing or malicious acts.

1 Like

Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by aieromon(m): 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2012
Red alert! We love free things and most travellers passing through the terminal will just use the opportunity to pull down files.

I do hope the project can be sustained.
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2012
Really a good idea,but certainly not the first in Africa.
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
50calibre: Guys will have to be careful using that wifi most especially to access sensitive information.

I'm sure pretty soon fraudsters will begin to use the wifi to gain access into people's systems and carry out phishing or malicious acts.

Typical pessimistic Nigerian. Always quick to look for a negative angle to just about everything.

1 Like

Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by tradetrust: 3:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
Well this is good news!!! Its a good thing that good things are happening in Nigeria.

You can now get the 9.7" Android Tablet PC (WIFI + 3G) from PAGE
It will definitely serve ALL your needs on-the-go!!!
9.7” screen Tablet
A10 Cortex A8 1.5GHz
Android 4.0.3
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Built in 3G
Simcard slot(3G), Memory Card Slot(up to 32GB)
Camera (Front and Back)
Mini USB, head phone jack, Hdmi, Camera (front and Back)

We will deliver to you anywhere in Nigeria. Please check product on
www.page-group.biz or email info@page-group.biz and a product description and photo will be emailed to you.

We also offer after sales support for our products.
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by Hailedin9ja: 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2012
Good move.

Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by duality(m): 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
Okay na, make i de go MMA2 go browse.
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by rhymz(m): 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
shey na thesame incompetent Bi-courtney wey dem revoke their contract on Lagos Ibadan road. . .scheeeew, abeg make una talk another thing jor. Dem don shiiit for mosque come dey find face . . . .hotspot my ass
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by freakcin: 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
Wetin rest of the world don leave behind na hin we dey jamboree for. . . . it is well.
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by AZeD1(m): 3:50pm On Dec 14, 2012
Zeddicus:

Typical pessimistic Nigerian. Always quick to look for a negative angle to just about everything.
Dude do some research. Airports with free wi-fi are great places for hackers to operate from. Infact never access sensitive information from a free wi-fi at any airport in the world.

2 Likes

Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
@ poster,

This is a welcome development, thumbs up for the management.
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
*Taking Okada to MMA2* cheesy
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by 50calibre(m): 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2012
Zeddicus:

Yes! Because only a pessimist survive in Nigeria. Nigerians capitalize on any positive thing to defraud someone else.

there is nothing to be optimistic about nigeria so it is best not to expect anything good from the country, that case you will neither be dissappointed nor hurt.

Now if you are a Nigerian, you should know what I'm talking about.
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by 50calibre(m): 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2012
A-ZeD:

Dude do some research. Airports with free wi-fi are great places for hackers to operate from. Infact never access sensitive information from a free wi-fi at any airport in the world.

Don't mind the naive guy, he will understand when hackers empty his bank accout.

1 Like

Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by DisGuy: 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2012
edreesabiodun: *Taking Okada to MMA2* cheesy

cool down,, it says final departure lounge wink
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by bory09(m): 4:11pm On Dec 14, 2012
It will be more appreciated if they bring the innovation to brt and lagbus bustop. So öne will be browsing free when waiting for bus. But the question is how will the bustop be, will it be crowded or what
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by Nautillus(m): 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2012
Wifi is not free is SA..nah pay and surf oh...so them try.
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
Good, but i need it outside the lounge grin
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by AjanleKoko: 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2012
Tony Spike:

Thank you. Virtually all the airports in South Africa have WiFi hotspots and I can bet they are free to transiting passengers.

Nope, they are not.
Neither is Kenya's by the way.
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by Orpelin: 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
i was still there 2 days ago and my galaxy no detect any free wifi
though na the domestic wings i dey sha ooo
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
People will soon surf and forget their destination. And tomorrow some CPC nairalanders will start saying GEJ is not working.
Re: MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers by Kslib(m): 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2012
kaorama: People will soon surf and forget their destination. And tomorrow some CPC nairalanders will start saying GEJ is not working.
This is the most silly/senseless post of the week.. Inshort,your mumu na die....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo Has "Finished" Amaechi And Ngige / Governor Ugwuanyi, A Reference Point In Our Success Story, Says NDLEA / Can Lake Chad Be Recharged - Fact Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.