Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men (1491 Views)

Reasons Why Women Hate Each Other / What Most Women Want From Nigerian Men / 5 Things Women Hate To Hear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by tunad4rari(m): 12:38am On Dec 15, 2012
Many times i av come across girls swearing they can never buy gift for a man,even many so called married women dislike buying gift for their husband. pls tell me the reason behind it.Is it a crime to buy gift for ones boyfriend or husband.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by k2039: 12:43am On Dec 15, 2012
It simply means they are just being stingy.

Besides, I know of wifes who buy gifts for their husband, infact I have seen more of men who just dont buy gifts for their wifes.

Also I have seen more girls buy gifts for a guy than the reverse.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by tunad4rari(m): 12:50am On Dec 15, 2012
are u now telln me nw dat girls buy gift more dan men
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 15, 2012
k2039: It simply means they are just being stingy.

Besides, I know of wifes who buy gifts for their husband, infact I have seen more of men who just dont buy gifts for their wifes.

Also I have seen more girls buy gifts for a guy than the reverse.

Its a myth joo,during our great forefathers dem era
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by k2039: 1:02am On Dec 15, 2012
tunad4rari: are u now telln me nw dat girls buy gift more dan men
I'm telling you what I have found out.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by dmcdad: 5:21am On Dec 15, 2012
It's really not bizarre and startling when some gurlz say such.. The fact is, there are gurlz who are ready to do anything for their man, ranging from buying gifts to minor things like buying recharge cards.

There are many(not all) gurlz though that are guilty of the aforementioned. These gurlz are driven by selfishness, greed, and incomplacency. They are only concerned about what you can give to them 95% of the time and not what they can give to you.

If a gurl claims she loves a guy, and she ain't ready to take care of some infinitesimally responsibilities like getting gifts, recharge cards or some few groceries every once in a while, then it means the gurl is being foolîsh thinking she's being wise.

There is an exception. If a gurl is not financially capable of measuring up with getting stuffs (whateva it may be), then I think that's understandable..

Buh seriously, a lot of gurlz need to change their mindset towards certain thingz, as they ain't helping themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Mynd44: 5:47am On Dec 15, 2012
OP, if you can make an assertion like this, then I am sorry but you have been hanging around with the wrong girls. I have seen women give more than a lot to guys.

I have seen girls who pay their BFs school fees. I have seen expensive phone gifts and the likes. Perhaps in the circles you travel in, they ladies love being cheap
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by tunad4rari(m): 6:47am On Dec 15, 2012
dont misquote me,i am not sayin all d girls or my girlfriends dnt buy me gift.my girl can giv me everytin she has even if is her eyes.i am talkin abt d practical example of wot i discovered.i work wit a marketin firm wia we sell tins lik clipper iron e.t.c.i av met women on so many occasions persuadin dem to buy dose tins as a gift for their husband,but i hear d same reply that if their husbands need clipper they shud buy for themelves, even single ladies say d same tin..so i now deduce my oppinion that most women dont like buyin gift for men.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by larrymoore(m): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2012
dmcdad: It's really not bizarre and startling when some gurlz say such.. The fact is, there are gurlz who are ready to do anything for their man, ranging from buying gifts to minor things like buying recharge cards.

There are many(not all) gurlz though that are guilty of the aforementioned. These gurlz are driven by selfishness, greed, and incomplacency. They are only concerned about what you can give to them 95% of the time and not what they can give to you.

If a gurl claims she loves a guy, and she ain't ready to take care of some infinitesimally responsibilities like getting gifts, recharge cards or some few groceries every once in a while, then it means the gurl is being foolîsh thinking she's being wise.

There is an exception. If a gurl is not financially capable of measuring up with getting stuffs (whateva it may be), then I think that's understandable..

Buh seriously, a lot of gurlz need to change their mindset towards certain thingz, as they ain't helping themselves.
rightly said. Some ladies, not minding their age, are morally reserved that they ask u 4 notin even when they are in despirate need. If u dont undestand them deeply, u may end up be wit them 4 ages with appreciating them.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Abali1(m): 8:46am On Dec 15, 2012
A girl once told me that, she can never call me with air-time bought by another person (presumably a guy), and that was the beginning of the ending. In less than 2 months she became an EX.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Lordave: 8:53am On Dec 15, 2012
I have never heard such a thing in ma life.
How could a gurl swear not to buy her boifriend a gift

That's more of hate than stingyness..
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by dmcdad: 8:58am On Dec 15, 2012
Abali1: A girl once told me that, she can never call me with air-time bought by another person (presumably a guy), and that was the beginning of the ending. In less than 2 months she became an EX.
GBAM!!!
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Mynd44: 8:58am On Dec 15, 2012
Abali1: A girl once told me that, she can never call me with air-time bought by another person (presumably a guy), and that was the beginning of the ending. In less than 2 months she became an EX.
That's cold. But I guess some ladies are like that but you must realise that not all of them are
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Abali1(m): 9:05am On Dec 15, 2012
Mynd_44:
That's cold. But I guess some ladies are like that but you must realise that not all of them are

I was spending on the girl, taking her out and even topping up her air-time sometimes. When I asked why she can't even use 10seconds to call and maybe tell me to call her back, she then gave me that reply.
Such girl is the very type OP is talking about. Girls who believe that they owe their boyfriends anything (apart from sex), but the boyfriend is responsible for their little financial needs.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Mynd44: 9:13am On Dec 15, 2012
Abali1:

I was spending on the girl, taking her out and even topping up her air-time sometimes. When I asked why she can't even use 10seconds to call and maybe tell me to call her back, she then gave me that reply.
Such girl is the very type OP is talking about. Girls who believe that they owe their boyfriends anything (apart from sex), but the boyfriend is responsible for their little financial needs.
I guess so.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Lordave: 9:35am On Dec 15, 2012
Abali1:

The gurl just de chop u mugu, she never loved you.
Thank God ur eye don open sha.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 15, 2012
All these broke ass nikkas, you guys can complain! grin grin haba!

A gift should be a gift, you don't go about expecting it. Let her decide if you are worth buying gifts for. tongue
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Vince77(m): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2012
Such girl is so unromantic.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by OCTAVO: 9:45am On Dec 15, 2012
tunad4rari: dont misquote me,i am not sayin all d girls or my girlfriends dnt buy me gift.my girl can giv me everytin she has even if is her eyes. i am talkin abt d practical example of wot i discovered.i work wit a marketin firm wia we sell tins lik clipper iron e.t.c.i av met women on so many occasions persuadin dem to buy dose tins as a gift for their husband,but i hear d same reply that if their husbands need clipper they shud buy for themelves, even single ladies say d same tin..so i now deduce my oppinion that most women dont like buyin gift for men.
Liar!
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Abali1(m): 10:13am On Dec 15, 2012
Lordave:

The gurl just de chop u mugu, she never loved you.
Thank God ur eye don open sha.

So taking a girl out sometimes & topping up her air-time equals to "chopping mugu" in your dictionary? Poverty they say is a Disease.

The point is not about spending money on a girl, but someone who claims she cares should be able to get you something also, even if it is Apples or Oranges. The gesture alone will show the person has a Good heart.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by 190theclown: 10:26am On Dec 15, 2012

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 15, 2012
@OP Really? I'd rather buy him the world than receive it. That's how both partners should enter a relationship. Perhaps these women are frontin'
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Sijo01(f): 10:37am On Dec 15, 2012
Mynd_44: OP, if you can make an assertion like this, then I am sorry but you have been hanging around with the wrong girls. I have seen women give more than a lot to guys.

I have seen girls who pay their BFs school fees. I have seen expensive phone gifts and the likes. Perhaps in the circles you travel in, they ladies love being cheap

Jah bless you!
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by UjSizzle(f): 10:53am On Dec 15, 2012
I'm not sure what dimensional plane the OP is living in, but in the one i occupy only a few girls have that mindset.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Lordave: 10:55am On Dec 15, 2012
Abali1:

So taking a girl out sometimes & topping up her air-time equals to "chopping mugu" in your dictionary? Poverty they say is a Diseas.

spending money on a girl that doesn't reciprocate is utter stupidity... U may call it enough swaggs though.
We shouldn't be arguing it cuz the act potrays how dumb you are to realize that u are not loved.

Don't be decieved by the amount of money u have.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Abali1(m): 11:05am On Dec 15, 2012
Lordave:

spending money on a girl that doesn't reciprocate is utter stupidity... U may call it enough swaggs though.
We shouldn't be arguing it cuz the act potrays how dumb you are to realize that u are not loved.

Don't be decieved by the amount of money u have.

We agree to disagree. To each his own.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by 190theclown: 11:07am On Dec 15, 2012
Flytefalls: @OP Really? I'd rather buy him the world than receive it. That's how both partners should enter a relationship. Perhaps these women are frontin'

this is why i wont trade you for nothing grin grin
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by seunfly: 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
Mynd_44: OP, if you can make an assertion like this, then I am sorry but you have been hanging around with the wrong girls. I have seen women give more than a lot to guys.

No dout girls do even more than what you ve mentioned. Huuuum! We all know that only very few of our girls do such thing may be 2%-5% of them and it is usualy the mature/older girls or very comfortable girls. The rest are parasite my dear.
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 15, 2012
I buy my Dearest gifts oº°˚! Correct quality t shirts, polo, perfumes.... I believe in giving gifts!
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Mynd44: 6:49am On Dec 16, 2012
Sijo01:

Jah bless you!
Amen
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by Mynd44: 6:53am On Dec 16, 2012
seunfly:
No dout girls do even more than what you ve mentioned. Huuuum! We all know that only very few of our girls do such thing may be 2%-5% of them and it is usualy the mature/older girls or very comfortable girls. The rest are parasite my dear.
Ma'am is it not better to wait for that 2-5% than to get into one and come and start complaining? If the ladies in the circle he travels in are not part of that percentage, he should aspire for higher things.

Change your friends if they don't meet up to standard
Re: Why Do most Women Hate Buying Gift For Men by tashanja(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2012
They are naturally stingy cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Please Help!!! He Is Crazy About Me / Will You Kneel Down / Things That Can Snatch The One You Love From You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.