Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Okada Man Stabs Landlord Son Cos Of #50 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Man Stabs Landlord Son Cos Of #50 (553 Views)

The Soldier Who Has Seen His Family Only 12times In 6yrs Cos Of Boko Haram / AIG Mbu Orders Arrest Of 50 Police Officers For Dressing Shabbily. / Okada-Man Flings Himself In Front Of Oncoming Trailer Over Seizure Of Bike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Man Stabs Landlord Son Cos Of #50 by infotails: 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2012
Lagos state police have arrested an okada rider by name Igali for stabbing a landlady’s son, Demola Talabi, to death.

Igali allegedly used a screw driver to stab Talabi on the neck and other parts of his body.The victim slumped and died due to excessive bleeding.

The 42-year old Talabi from Ogun State and married with two kids, was said to be trying to mediate in an argument between Igali and a passenger over N50.

According to Talabi’s younger brother, Ayo, the incident occurred at Osho Street, Opebi and they (members of his family) were contacted. Before he got to the scene, his brother had died due to excessive bleeding.

The body has been deposited at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) mortuary for autopsy report.A witness told P.M.NEWS that the late Talabi was on a visit to his mother’s house at 14, Irewole Street, Opebi, when he met the okada man and a passenger arguing over N50 fare.

He was said to be trying to settle the matter when Igali brought out a screw driver and stabbed him several times.The suspect was arrested and detained at the Ikeja Police Station.

When P.M.NEWS visited the station, the suspect was in the cell.The DPO was said to be in a meeting when our reporter sought to speak with him.

Police sources confirmed that the matter would soon be transferred to the SCID, Panti, Yaba.At her mother’s residence in Irewole Street, sympathisers were consoling the bereaved mother and Talabi’s wife.Residents expressed shock over Talabi’s death and described him as a hard working man.

more on www.9jabroadcast..com

Re: Okada Man Stabs Landlord Son Cos Of #50 by geez1: 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2012

Na wa O! Speechless shocked
Re: Okada Man Stabs Landlord Son Cos Of #50 by Desola(f): 11:03pm On Dec 15, 2012
ehen! shebi I said that it is the Yoruba man's stupid hospitality and welcoming attitude that will bring him to his knees now. Eh, make dem go on soun ojare.

Omoluabi my yansh!

Oshisko!
Re: Okada Man Stabs Landlord Son Cos Of #50 by infotails: 11:42pm On Dec 15, 2012
The guy just died becos of #50......
Re: Okada Man Stabs Landlord Son Cos Of #50 by geez1: 7:08am On Dec 16, 2012
Desola: ehen! shebi I said that it is the Yoruba man's stupid hospitality and welcoming attitude that will bring him to his knees now. Eh, make dem go on soun ojare.

Omoluabi my yansh!

Oshisko!

I think we need to review it and fast too
Re: Okada Man Stabs Landlord Son Cos Of #50 by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 16, 2012
This shouldn't degenerate into tribal issue.

The Okada man is just a criminal that happens to be Igbo.

If any issue arises because of the Igbos' presence in Yoruba land that is negative to Yoruba's destiny, I believe the Igbos will be exiled from Yoruba land and same can happen in Igbo land should the Yorubas there pose a threat to Igbo's destiny, the Igbos can expel the Yorubas in their land..

But for now, it's just criminals who don't deserve to be in our societies in general. These criminals don't have the intentions of coming to destroy Yoruba land; they are just doing what they are cursed to do. So let's not turn this to a Yoruba vs Igbo thing..

Trust me, if it ever gets to Yoruba vs Igbo, Yorubas are ever ready to defend and conquer..
Re: Okada Man Stabs Landlord Son Cos Of #50 by Afam4eva(m): 7:54am On Dec 16, 2012
0lumide: This shouldn't degenerate into tribal issue.

The Okada man is just a criminal that happens to be Igbo.

If any issue arises because of the Igbos' presence in Yoruba land that is negative to Yoruba's destiny, I believe the Igbos will be exiled from Yoruba land and same can happen in Igbo land should the Yorubas there pose a threat to Igbo's destiny, the Igbos can expel the Yorubas in their land..

But for now, it's just criminals who don't deserve to be in our societies in general. These criminals don't have the intentions of coming to destroy Yoruba land; they are just doing what they are cursed to do. So let's not turn this to a Yoruba vs Igbo thing..

Trust me, if it ever gets to Yoruba vs Igbo, Yorubas are ever ready to defend and conquer..
The okada man is not Igbo. Igali is an Ijaw name and not an Igbo name. Not everyone who's not Yoruba is Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Okada Man Stabs Landlord Son Cos Of #50 by geez1: 8:18am On Dec 16, 2012
afam4eva:
The okada man is not Igbo. Igali is an Ijaw name and not an Igbo name. Not everyone who's not Yoruba is Igbo.

But when it comes to Biafra and their oil, they will be Igbos abi?
Re: Okada Man Stabs Landlord Son Cos Of #50 by slap1(m): 8:32am On Dec 16, 2012
geez*:

But when it comes to Biafra and their oil, they will be Igbos abi?
If you go to Who Wants To Be A Millonaire, tell Frank Edoho that Igali is an Igbo name. Rubbish!

(1) (Reply)

Paying James Ibori's Pension:is Delta State Govt Right Or Wrong? / Nigerian Police Gradually Coming Back To The Road / Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.