Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion (8045 Views)

Why Is It Difficult For Men From Another Religion To Marry An Hausa Lady / A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion / Atheism Is Another Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
Kay 17: The theory is based on the strength of the proponets now. Check this http://www.science20.com/quantum_gravity/blog/big_bang_was_not_explosion_however_explosion_metaphor_what_big_bang_was-78575
The article doesn't add up. First, the dude was pointing that material involvement in expansion is termed explosion. Since in the big bang, a singularity couldn't have been made up of materials, so it's not an explosion, so we have a metaphor.
I think their is a problem. Kay, did you notice. The dude claimed the expansion was gradual from the space-time manifold, leading to a new space.
That's an awful contradiction. He talked about former and later space. Really?
Is it possible for space-time to even exist when all we have is a singularity?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by wiegraf: 12:14am On Dec 29, 2012
Reyginus: Lol. Take and rest and look for where to trap me down.

Religion truly ruts the brains. Really, you're still on this??

If it's impossible to reason with you you shouldn't have wasted my time and told me from the word go. There are better ways to procrastinate. I don't want to insult you, and this reduces the enjoyment levels for me significantly.

Trap you? There's nothing to trap...

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR CEMENT/BLOCK HEAD; THE BIG B.ANG SAYS NOTHING ABOUT EXPLOSIONS. NOTHING AT ALL. THIS IS AS CLEAR AS DAY. DON'T MAKE SHI.T UP THEN EXPECT US TO INDULGE YOU, CLEARLY WRONG SH.IT AS WELL. DO WE LOOK LIKE RELIGIOUS THAT WOULD ACCEPT ANY FAIRY TALES?

Nothing, bros, it says didley squat about explosions. It's not the first misnomer, and it won't be the last. Strawberries aren't berries, did you know that? But I would think scientists still call them 'strawberries', no? This I could explain to my 7 year old nephew a lot more easily.

IT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT THE 'B.ANG', or t = 0. Using reasoning though no explosion took place (unless you want to call it an explosion of space, which is still tricky). All it talks about, is the expansion from some point after t = 0. Even too close to t = 0 is a bit muddy.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by wiegraf: 12:38am On Dec 29, 2012
Kay 17: The theory is based on the strength of the proponets now. Check this http://www.science20.com/quantum_gravity/blog/big_bang_was_not_explosion_however_explosion_metaphor_what_big_bang_was-78575

Lol at Feynman, he looks bonkers. I didn't know he came off as that eccentric, ENTP overload. Awesome man is awesome
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
wiegraf:

Religion truly ruts the brains. Really, you're still on this??

If it's impossible to reason with you you shouldn't have wasted my time and told me from the word go. There are better ways to procrastinate. I don't want to insult you, and this reduces the enjoyment levels for me significantly.

Trap you? There's nothing to trap...

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR CEMENT/BLOCK HEAD; THE BIG B.ANG SAYS NOTHING ABOUT EXPLOSIONS. NOTHING AT ALL. THIS IS AS CLEAR AS DAY. DON'T MAKE SHI.T UP THEN EXPECT US TO INDULGE YOU, CLEARLY WRONG SH.IT AS WELL. DO WE LOOK LIKE RELIGIOUS THAT WOULD ACCEPT ANY FAIRY TALES?

Nothing, bros, it says didley squat about explosions. It's not the first misnomer, and it won't be the last. Strawberries aren't berries, did you know that? But I would think scientists still call them 'strawberries', no? This I could explain to my 7 year old nephew a lot more easily.

IT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT THE 'B.ANG', or t = 0. Using reasoning though no explosion took place (unless you want to call it an explosion of space, which is still tricky). All it talks about, is the expansion from some point after t = 0. Even too close to t = 0 is a bit muddy.
Lol. Going emotional again.
Just why I prefer kay to either you or logicboy. Oya run, google or put on the demagogue switch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mouka’s Secret Occultic Wedding / Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage / ‘my Grass To Grace Story’ – Prophet Joshua Iginla Recounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.