Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:02 AM

Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion (7977 Views)

Why Is It Difficult For Men From Another Religion To Marry An Hausa Lady / A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion / Atheism Is Another Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by wiegraf: 2:47am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: Why are you dancing around? The question is, what is the proof of the big b.ang since science deals in proofs?

Do you know how to read?
Better yet, can you click on links?
Click on the ones in that post.

And antimatter is the considered the most expensive thing we can generate. If you can read, which you seem to be capable of doing when it suits your cause, read this aw well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter#Artificial_production

Or better yet, use google since it seems you have a problem clicking on my links or reading lb's posts.

@deity damned troll, dammit... and on such a nice day as well...
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:41am On Dec 18, 2012
wiegraf:

Do you know how to read?

And antimatter is the considered the most expensive thing we can generate. If you can read, which you seem to be capable of doing when it suits your cause, read this aw well

Or better yet, use google since it seems you have a problem clicking on my links or reading lb's posts.

lol the tactic still fails to change. Atheists forever unable to defend their position... rather they tell you to go and read and produce 2000 links they themselves have never read.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 5:26am On Dec 18, 2012
davidylan:

lol the tactic still fails to change. Atheists forever unable to defend their position... rather they tell you to go and read and produce 2000 links they themselves have never read.

You dare not address the op because you would be admitting that you have 2 religions
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by wiegraf: 5:27am On Dec 18, 2012
davidylan:

Dylan?
Shut it
Proof has been posted, infamous biologist (heh heh) directly yet he refuses to read it. These are well known, established facts as well, nothing esoteric

on another note, isn't today lovely? I hope you didn't come out just troll?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 18, 2012
wiegraf:

Dylan?
Shut it
Proof has been posted, infamous biologist (heh heh) directly yet he refuses to read it. These are well known, established facts as well, nothing esoteric

on another note, isn't today lovely? I hope you didn't come out just troll?

The more things appear to change, the more they remain the same.
Still the same nauseating tactic -

1. When you're pressed to define your position, just post links and cry that others should "read"
2. when you're called out on your shameless deciet... just go ahead and cover it with personal insults. Dont forget to whine that you have been insulted to boot.
3. When all else fails, accuse the other person of trolling.

Voila. you get to crow around like you do know something while saying exactly nothing.

Bro... it does get tiring after a while.

I thought reyginus was pretty clear - what is the evidence for the big bang... yet you post a wikipedia link to antimatter? How exactly does antimatter prove the theory? Hasnt the failure of the hauldron collider proven what we already knew? That all that guff was just a charade?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Kay17: 6:57am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: Nothing is complicated here. Only that science whose truth can only be gotten from proof is making 'unfounded claims'. Have you ever seen an anti-matter?

Reyg and Davidlyan don't seem to understand Science. We have facts, that is raw data and then interpretations, which try to make sense out of the facts. Definitely nobody can witness the big bang as it then was or the water cycle.

Also facts can be interpreted wildly, so a comprehensive "storyline" is created. And those are the theories. By the way, scientific truths are assumed to be provisional.

So does this mean Science is close related to Religion in characteristics? For religion, I mean Abrahamic religions. No, because Faith is the sole defining factor and foundation. It forsakes the validity of senses and reason to trust.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by wiegraf: 7:01am On Dec 18, 2012
davidylan:

The more things appear to change, the more they remain the same.
Still the same nauseating tactic -

1. When you're pressed to define your position, just post links and cry that others should "read"
2. when you're called out on your shameless deciet... just go ahead and cover it with personal insults. Dont forget to whine that you have been insulted to boot.
3. When all else fails, accuse the other person of trolling.

Voila. you get to crow around like you do know something while saying exactly nothing.

Bro... it does get tiring after a while.

I thought reyginus was pretty clear - what is the evidence for the big bang... yet you post a wikipedia link to antimatter? How exactly does antimatter prove the theory? Hasnt the failure of the hauldron collider proven what we already knew? That all that guff was just a charade?

You are a troll, that is a fact, so why complain. If you don't want to be a troll then stop trolling. For instance, it's either you haven't read this thread or you're being disingenuous, and both are trollish. Else you should know that

Logic has already quoted sources as well as provide links
I've provided links, as well as tried to explain how effective theories
The antimatter link is in response to reyg asking lb if he'd ever seen antimatter before. Seems he was unaware that antimatter has actually been produced before

And I've been using various examples including antimatter to show reyg how the scientific method works, how predictions from logically sound arguments are tested etc. Something he well knows but as he's in religion mode it tends to cloud ones reasoning.

Yet here you are claiming antimatter is a red herring, we haven't provided him with evidence (I even went out of my way to try to explain effective theories), and you aren't a troll. And I didn't even say you were trolling, I said I hope you aren't going to troll. Did some guilt kick in?

And then you claim the lhc was a failure... In what way, oh exalted one?

So again, you are a troll. And considering this lhc comment, htf are you a scientist? It genuinely strikes as me as one of the wonders of the world
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

You are just trolling. I clearly said expansion
lol. I don't troll man.
You seem not to get the point. How can expansion cause the big ba.ng? Lol. From what was the expansion, what spatial dimension?
Let me brief you.
According to the big bang theory, in the beginning a single matter was caused to explode. Is it not even a contradiction that what science termed as the beginning was made to begin? It was after this supernova that the expansion began to take place. The explosion caused the expansion.
I would like you to answer this questions for me, is the outcome of the big b.ang( the universe) infinite or finite? For any one you think, tell me, or prove to me why it is thus expanding? Or better still, what is the proof the big b.ang was the effect of an explosion?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 18, 2012
wiegraf:

Do you know how to read?

Why are you still missing it? Science claims the antimatter was generated and annihilated. My position is, where is the proof that it was generated in the first place. On another note, is it possible to create an equillibrium in a system still under entropy?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: lol. I don't troll man.
You seem not to get the point. How can expansion cause the big ba.ng? Lol. From what was the expansion, what spatial dimension?
Let me brief you.
According to the big bang theory, in the beginning a single matter was caused to explode. Is it not even a contradiction that what science termed as the beginning was made to begin? It was after this supernova that the expansion began to take place. The explosion caused the expansion.
I would like you to answer this questions for me, is the outcome of the big b.ang( the universe) infinite or finite? For any one you think, tell me, or prove to me why it is thus expanding? Or better still, what is the proof the big b.ang was the effect of an explosion?

We dont know what came before the big bang. I have said that

The big bang itself is an expansion not and explosion. I have said that. You would know that if you have read any of the links

You are really getting confident in your stup.idity. I said that you are trolling and it is quite clear.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 18, 2012
Kay 17:

Reyg and Davidlyan don't seem to understand Science. We have facts, that is raw data and then interpretations, which try to make sense out of the facts. Definitely nobody can witness the big bang as it then was or the water cycle.

Also facts can be interpreted wildly, so a comprehensive "storyline" is created. And those are the theories. By the way, scientific truths are assumed to be provisional.

So does this mean Science is close related to Religion in characteristics? For religion, I mean Abrahamic religions. No, because Faith is the sole defining factor and foundation. It forsakes the validity of senses and reason to trust.
Lol. Seriously, how would interpretations make sense out of facts? Lol. This scientists. SMH. Or facts are arrived at by interpretations?
If you can't witness a thing as it is happening, how do you now collect data's for interpretation of its onset? Lol. Scientists.
I'm not making the claim that science is a religion, but that it makes unfounded claims.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: Lol. Seriously, how would interpretations make sense out of facts? Lol. This scientists. SMH. Or facts are arrived at by interpretations?
If you can't witness a thing as it is happening, how do you now collect data's for interpretation of its onset? Lol. Scientists.
I'm not making the claim that science is a religion, but that it makes unfounded claims.

So far, you have only exposed your ignorance on science and have not stated one unfounded claim. You tried with the big bang and failed since it was explained to you in layman terms how scientists arrived at the big bang.

What now?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

We dont know what came before the big bang. I have said that

The big bang itself is an expansion not and explosion. I have said that. You would know that if you have read any of the links

You are really getting confident in your stup.idity. I said that you are trolling and it is quite clear.

Lol, you want to deviate, but unfortunately I don't give room for deviation. You are being disingenous to my explanation. A thing cannot expand without a cause. The explosion is the cause, the expansion is the effect.
Let me play along your expansion sense of the big b.ang. If you really want to toe this line, you may start by first telling me where the singularity is expanding to? Haven't it occured to you that a 'beginning of the beginnings' cannot be expanding?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

So far, you have only exposed your ignorance on science and have not stated one unfounded claim. You tried with the big bang and failed since it was explained to you in layman terms how scientists arrived at the big bang.

What now?
Lol. Kay is a very smart guy. I know he will come up with a better response.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: Lol, you want to deviate, but unfortunately I don't give room for deviation. You are being disingenous to my explanation. A thing cannot expand without a cause. The explosion is the cause, the expansion is the effect.
Let me play along your expansion sense of the big b.ang. If you really want to toe this line, you may start by first telling me where the singularity is expanding to? Haven't it occured to you that a 'beginning of the beginnings' cannot be expanding?

Like I said, there is no explosion with the big bang
. You are trolling. You really think that you are making sense because the science is both limited and complex to explain.

Go and read about the big bang before you insinuate nonsense
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: Lol. Kay is a very smart guy. I know he will come up with a better response.

Divide and conquer abi?

I await his response.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Like I said, there is no explosion with the big bang
. You are trolling. You really think that you are making sense because the science is both limited and complex to explain.

Go and read about the big bang before you insinuate nonsense

Lololol. I understand.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Divide and conquer abi?

I await his response.
Lol. No. Unlike you, he knows what he is talking about.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: Lol. No. Unlike you, he knows what he is talking about.

Because he is a cosmologist. smiley

After claiming that the big bang was an explosion, you have the nerve to tell me that I dont know what I am talking about.

You and the OP really lack any shame in your ignorance about science because you guys criticize it from a lack of knowledge
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 18, 2012
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: Lololol. I understand.

Laughing at your shameless st.upidity. Go and read and see who is right on the explosion thing.

Shameless ignorant person.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Because he is a cosmologist. smiley

After claiming that the big bang was an explosion, you have the nerve to tell me that I dont know what I am talking about.

You and the OP really lack any shame in your ignorance about science because you guys criticize it from a lack of knowledge
Lol. Deliberate ignorance. Is the big b.ang a thing or a theory? What is in a theory or thing?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Laughing at your shameless st.upidity. Go and read and see who is right on the explosion thing.

Shameless ignorant person.
Huh? Lololol. Do you even know what went on prior to the cause of the big b.ang?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: Lol. Deliberate ignorance. Is the big b.ang a thing or a theory? What is in a theory or thing?

Deliberate ignorance on what? what am I ignorant about?

You are deliberate ignorant on the big bang and whether it was an explosion or not. Something I have corrected you about many times.

Your question should be rhetorical
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: Huh? Lololol. Do you even know what went on prior to the cause of the big b.ang?

No one knows what came before the big bang. Either you are ignorant of this or just trolling
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by edogho(m): 9:40am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03: Simply read about the big bang and dark matter.

The big bang theory is based on the phyiscal laws of the universe

laws of the universe of course,that developed from no where? Just like the custom or constitution of a certain country comes from nowhere abi? And you say na you get sense pass.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by edogho(m): 9:42am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

No one knows what came before the big bang. Either you are ignorant of this or just trolling
i wonder how you go come even agree say e happen.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by edogho(m): 9:43am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

You are deliberate ignorant on the big bang and whether it was an explosion or not. Something I have corrected you about many times.

lol,very funny. Una dey argue who ignorant pass?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by edogho(m): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

lolz.....speciation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciation

I don know why people dont read.

Monkeys will give birth to more evolved monkeys

Humans to more evolved humans.
from some books i read,there were ape men. So ape men na him be our ancestors? Ask me? I say white men have gone mad with curiosity.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol. Its clear you know little about what you are claiming. I observed you are not good at answering questions. Answer the questions I posed you before any further thing.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

have you answered the questions I posed you yet.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 18, 2012
edogho: laws of the universe of course,that developed from no where? Just like the custom or constitution of a certain country comes from nowhere abi? And you say na you get sense pass.

wow, if you dont know the phyiscal laws, why not ask? Why showcase your ignorance?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pope Francis Bows Down And Prays Towards Mecca / Rccg Prayer Rain - Daily Prayer Programme / What Are Dreams And Confirmation Of Spiritual Purity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.