Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor (21009 Views)

Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor / Aisha Buhari: Why President-elect’s Wife May Not Be Nigeria’s Next First Lady / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by freakcin: 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
Only in naija. . . yet we wonder why there's no progress!!!
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Double194(m): 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
This guy never die finish, dem don begin talk about swearing in Governor and making wife deputy. Is there nothing like mourning in Hausaland? Make una no make me begin suspect say em death dey political.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by ochukoccna: 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
If she is qualified, all well and good
But knowing how Nigerian politics operates, its just 'compensation'
DEMONCRAZY ala 9ja style
Demonstration of craze, Crazy demonstration undecided undecided
Apologies to ABAMI EDA - THE GREAT FELA

1 Like

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Hailedin9ja: 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2012
Strong indications emerged yesterday suggesting that the wife of the late governor of Kaduna State, Mrs Amina Elizabeth Yakowa, could emerge the deputy governor of the state following the death of her husband in a helicopter crash on Saturday.

Is that a joke?

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
pendusky:
She was the wife of a gov. What other experience do u want? Rubish question anyway!

How does being the wife of a governor qualify her for such position ? no wonder the oligarchy continue to have their ways at the detriment of mo'r'ons like you

1 Like

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by andyanders: 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
Is it a family business? It is time we leave sentiments and face reality.

1 Like

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Clemzy16(m): 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2012
Another patience jonathan in the making.. Watching the drama in 3D!
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
Smh at some responses in this thread

1 Like

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by BigBro(m): 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
@ Nkonadi. You are a big fool and an illiterate. When Yar'adua died did heaven let loose? And in this case, did muslim youths kill the governor.

It baffles me to see how unreasonable and daft some people are when they spit what runs in their mind. What does it matter whether a Muslim or christian is at the helm of affairs. Does that stop others from practicing their religion?

No wonder the country remains stagnant because people don't see things in the right perspective. Nkonadi or whatever you call yourself, check your skull cos you are sick.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by talktrue1(m): 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2012
An educationist, she holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in History from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. She taught in many schools in Kaduna State before transferring her service to the Ministry of Defence, Abuja. According to the Kaduna State website, she is now on leave of absence.

A humane, humble and motherly person, Mrs Yakowa is known to be very compassionate, warm and accommodating. She is a patron to many associations, and sits on the board of many non-governmental organisations.

She is more qualified than some state governors. This is a good idea but they are setting a very bad example

1 Like

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Mustay(m): 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
paranoia_pill:

Strong indications emerged yesterday suggesting that the wife of the late governor of Kaduna State, Mrs Amina Elizabeth Yakowa, could emerge the deputy governor of the state following the death of her husband in a helicopter crash on Saturday.

The plan to tap Amina as the deputy to the newly sworn-in governor of Kaduna State, Dr. Mukhtar Ramalan Yero, is being championed by northern governors across party divide, top northern politicians and governors from other regions of the country with the aim of sustaining Yekowa’s legacies.

So, "northern governors across party divide, top northern politicians and governors from other regions" now represent the people of Kaduna state eh? The things we see in Nigeria. We only pretend like we really wanna follow any constitution.

Moreover, not being disrespectful, these offiices were created with a view of the indispensability of man. It's the institutions that matter, not the men. That's the more reason we have deputy governors, speakers etc.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by suolboy(m): 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2012
In as much as I feel grieved for the death of Yakowa, I don't think making the wife the deputy governor is the best for kaduna south. she should be compensated with a post of commissioner and deputy governor given to somebody like Isaiah Balat.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by pendusky(m): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

How does being the wife of a governor qualify her for such position ? no wonder the oligarchy continue to have their ways at the detriment of mo'r'ons like you
Arguments are to be avoided.They are always vulgar & often
convincing...esp when it comes from NINCOMPOOP like you.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by suolboy(m): 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
Clemzy16: Another patience jonathan in the making.. Watching the drama in 3D!
Read the article first, she is very qualified for the post. the only thing is that it's a plan to suppress kaduna Christians because she won't be able to contend with the governor on controversial issues.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Mustay(m): 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2012
^^^Read the constitution first. UMYA would have been president by now. Quit conspiracy theories.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by vanstanzy(m): 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
According to Zebrudaya, Impossicant! grin grin grin But i'll be glad if they do. wink wink wink
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by sajawagu: 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2012
okotorigba why not some other tribe like gbagyi or adara is nuhu dogo not good?
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2012
pendusky:
She was the wife of a gov. What other experience do u want? Rubish question anyway!
Balderdash, absolute crap, so because she's the late governor wife, she is qualified to rule a whole state... You are living in the past
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Nnaemekajibor: 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
Is this woman a politician? Or are they bringing sentiment into politics, what does she kw?they should use their brain!oooooooo
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Gbawe: 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2012
jhydebaba: Are they trying to re - write 9ja's constitution

Nigeria is now run as a family business. *SMH

Believe me, it is news like this, if true, that makes me dislike Nigerian leaders passionately. Why not simply let merit carry the day as is becoming the norm in even the worst Banana republics? Why is Nigeria such an aberration happy to roll around in the mud like a filthy animal disinterested in evolving?

1 Like

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by maasoap(m): 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
Blackbody20: put urself in her shoe bro.
Then what? Even if a king die prematurely, the post will go out the next qualified person. Let's not use sentiment and emotion to turn Nigeria upside down. They can give her another post that has nothing to do with being elected like commissioner, SA. Yar'dua died and Turai moved out of Aso rock. Period.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2012
4direct: Is that a consolation... what does she know?, whats her qualification, an SSCE turn trader contesting for VDG... Naija things tire person ooo

Very shameless comment. Didn't you read that she was former Assistant-director Ministry of Defence, Abuja? What other qualification do you need? This is by far the most relevant qualification needed for Kaduna with her credential at Ministry of Defence.

Did you know that her Husband was former Director at Minsitry of Defence, Lagos before he was made Minister of Solid Minerals by Gen. Abdusalami Abubakar? That was his qualification. She is not your regular first lady, she is self-made...joined Ministry of Defence more than 25 yrs ago.

1 Like

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Gbawe: 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2012
maasoap: Then what? Even if a king die prematurely, the post will go out the next qualified person. Let's not use sentiment and emotion to turn Nigeria upside down. They can give her another post that has nothing to do with being elected like commissioner, SA. Yar'dua died and Turai moved out of Aso rock. Period.

They should give her nada !! She only deserves support for herself and her children !!!! That is what happens worldwide !!! We simply need to stop this crazy culture of 'compensating' some individuals with very influential office that has a direct bearing on the lives of many. I would personally hazard a guess that Nigeria has, by far, the greatest number of unprepared and unworthy 'apprentice' leaders in the world because of our political culture of running politics like a nepotistic family affair.

4 Likes

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by mrrock: 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
The woman is certainly qualified for the job, but whether it's constitutional or not to give her the job is what I can't say.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by gramci: 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2012
Its within the prerogative of the new governor to choose his deputy.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by ypzilanti: 1:11pm On Dec 17, 2012
I nominate Patience Jonathan for the job. grin

Seriously, she is qualified from the background information, but we need to discourage dynasties in democracy.... Except where the person is qualified more than others.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Gbawe: 1:11pm On Dec 17, 2012
Knowledge9000:

Very shameless comment. Didn't you read that she was former Assistant-director Ministry of Defence, Abuja? What other qualification do you need? This is by far the most relevant qualification needed for Kaduna with her credential at Ministry of Defence.

Did you know that her Husband was former Director at Minsitry of Defence, Lagos before he was made Minister of Solid Minerals by Gen. Abdusalami Abubakar? That was his qualification. She is not your regular first lady, she is self-made...joined Ministry of Defence more than 25 yrs ago.

My guy, she has retired for crying out loud !!! How about the many who are well-qualified plus currently active and up to speed with affairs of Governance in Kaduna who will be brushed aside to accommodate someone who has to dust the cobwebs off her glasses? Is this not what GEJ did with Ringim? I.e deploying cronyism , rather than merit, to the detriment of Nigeria's security with his insistence many far more talented cop be retrenched to make way for the mediocre Ringim? We really need to stop this nonsense in Nigeria !! Walahi !!! It is bad enough our leaders try this shite but followers defending this retrogressive behavior is what makes me really fear for Nigeria's future.

Seriously, I need someone, anyone at all, to tell me why we are resisting evolution in Nigeria. Are we cursed? Even if leaders are wicked, callous and totally irresponsible, why should we defend what they do that is illogical, totally wrong and not seen anywhere else in the world?

She was a former deputy director at the Ministry of Defence and only retired after her husband became governor.

1 Like

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by maasoap(m): 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
Gbawe:

They should give her nada !! She only deserves support for herself and her children !!!! That is what happens worldwide !!! We simply need to stop this crazy culture of 'compensating' some individuals with very influential office that has a direct bearing on the lives of many. I would personally hazard a guess that Nigeria has, by far, the greatest number of unprepared and unworthy 'apprentice' leaders in the world because of our political culture of running politics like a nepotistic family affair.
I was just trying not be too mean. The woman has some qualification, but we shouldn't encourage this cycle of the same sets of people in power. I totally agree with your submission. She should accept her loss and move on. After all, the state house of assembly has full package for the family just like at the federal level.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Alaafialoro(m): 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2012
4direct: Is that a consolation... what does she know?, whats her qualification, an SSCE turn trader contesting for VDG... Naija things tire person ooo
Did you read the post atall? You just displayed your laziness/stu.pidity by posting without reading the original post. FYI,she was a once deputy director of ministry of defence. Now,tell me how she is just SSCE holder.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by 175(m): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
DANILSA: I THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA, ANYBODY CAN ASSUME VP SINCE NO SERIOUS CONSTITUTIONAL ROLL WAS SLATED FOR VPS, THEY SHOULD USE IT TO COMPENSATE THE FAMILY AND ALSO SHOW THAT THEY HAVE A CLEAN CONSCIENCE AGAINST YAKOWA EVEN THOUGH THEY DONT HAVE, AND ALSO CALM THE TENSION IN KADUNA SOUTH.

Listen to urself "anybody can assume d VP(deputy governor) post abi? So wen dat ur 'anybody' takes ova in d event (death or impeachment), hope u wont cry dat he/she is not experienced or immature or clueless. . .see ur mouth.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by benson19: 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
movmentish: So if jonah die and namadi becomes d presido,we will be stuck wit dame no-english patience as VP
Why jonah no make yar adua family him vice?
I can ask a million question from this topic and aswear one answer I no go get
oga u wen sabi speak and write english language 4 whr u dey 2day?? Even common 2k u no fit boost of it and if na ur mama b patience or ur mama senior or junior sista by now ur poverty conditions 4 done stop...
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by free2ryhme: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2012
mark my word...it will never happen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose To Agric Olope Market Shop Owners: Unlock Your Shops Or Forfeit Them / Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Oshiomhole In Last Fight For Edo / Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Sokoto State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.