Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor (20999 Views)

Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor / Aisha Buhari: Why President-elect’s Wife May Not Be Nigeria’s Next First Lady / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by sissa: 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
I tnk is a gud ideas,i wish her best of luck.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by brownlord: 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
We do no longer prctice democrary in nig. But demonstratn of craze, well Since the position is hereditary they can give it to the first son or dint he write down his will, I thereby nominate his next of kin, bastard, na only e wife, dem no go look for e girl friend give gov. Self
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by safarigirl(f): 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
Ojukwu dies. Bianca gets Ambassadorial post, Yakowa dies. Amina gets Deputy Governor's post....*off to find me a top politician to marry...might end up as Senate President...or deputy*

1 Like

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by brownlord: 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
Since the position is now hereditary they can give it to the first son now, God purnish them, is that even the way to go, shld she even me made the govnor today wld the ishmelite tht killed her husband allow her hv a say in the govt.?
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Gbawe: 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
safarigirl: Ojukwu dies. Bianca gets Ambassadorial post, Yakowa dies. Amina gets Deputy Governor's post....*off to find me a top politician to marry...might end up as Senate President...or deputy*

My dear Lady, it may be the only way. Just ask Madam Etteh. She is the former hairdresser who became the fourth most powerful Nigerian, i.e speaker house of Reps, because of her 'association' with OBJ. Nigeria is a nauseating joke. Totally frustrating how we can get it right simply committing to the concept of letting merit carry the day everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by cliveland: 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
THE REASONS WE HAVE REMAINED ETERNALLY BACKWARD IS BECAUSE WE ACCEPTED MEDIOCRITIES AS THE NORM, THEN TURAI SHOULD HAVE BEEN ANOINTED AS PRESIDENT IN PLACE OF HER DEAD HUBBY, WHY THE HELL SHOULD ANY SANE PERSON PROPOSE THAT KIND OF PROPOSITION IN THIS AGE AND TIME.

POSTERITY SHALL NEVER FORGIVE THEM, AMEN.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by myronega: 1:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
if that is how it is, what was late Yaradua's wife compensated with?
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by ypzilanti: 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2012
Gbawe:

My dear Lady, it may be the only way. Just ask Madam Etteh. She is the former hairdresser who became the fourth most powerful Nigerian, i.e speaker house of Reps, because of her 'association' with OBJ. Nigeria is a nauseating joke. Totally frustrating how we can get it right simply committing to the concept of letting merit carry the day everywhere.

That one beats my imagination,oh. OBJ did not even give his paramour some irrelevant 'special adviser' position. He lobbied to give her the number 4 job in Nigeria. Someone should really make a list of the most absurd things that our politicians have done.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2012
angryYou aren't speaking like an educated person.So na only her don lose hubby?Do u know how many families lose their loved ones everyday because of Govt incompetence and stupid policies,yet no recognition or compensation for them.If that woman should take that position they I must believe her husband death to her is an excuse to taste power

Blackbody20: put urself in her shoe bro.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by kehinde1588(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2012
ok nau
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by OMABYK: 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
I really sympathise with Yakuwa's family. But I dont think that is enough reason to make the wife the deputy gov of Kaduna state. Let them allow her to mourn her dear husband. If this should be allowed to become the norm am afraid guys in political offices should be careful most importanly if they have greedy wives.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by anonimi: 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
Gbawe:

I agree with you that our country is really a nauseating joke!!!
Otherwise how can Madam Remi Tinubu become a Senator in Lagos Central her sole qualification being the dutiful wife of the Ashiwaju of Area Boys and National Leader of the [size=14pt]Association of Conmen in Nigeria (ACN)[/size].
How much contribution has Mrs Tinubu made in the legislative work for the country and her constituency in the past one and a half years- NONE, ZERO, NOTHING. Or how do you measure the concept of the concept

of letting merit carry the day everywhere

Let's not forget Tinubu's other two family members in the House of Reps.

Enjoy this Bob Marley song "Hypocrites" as a special dedication to the Yoruba overlords in ACN

[url/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by6pvCEbJkY][/url]

As PDP dey maga their mugus where dem get control na so ACN dey maga their own mugus where dem too get control.
[size=14pt]Nigeria = Mugus Incorporated!!![/size]
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by ujukala: 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
She merits it educationally. On compassionate grounds, we should give it to her. Also, as a woman and mother, she deserves it.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Gbawe: 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
OMABYK: I really sympathise with Yakuwa's family. But I dont think that is enough reason to make the wife the deputy gov of Kaduna state. Let them allow her to mourn her dear husband. If this should be allowed to become the norm am afraid guys in political offices should be careful most importanly if they have greedy wives.

In this situation, it should simply fall to the person who is meritoriously next in line and not the retired wife of the former Governor. No doubt, she and her children deserve support but the mere fact she is voluntarily retired means she should not be considered at all. In fact they should allow her grieve in peace and get her life back on track.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Wsdm: 2:42pm On Dec 17, 2012
I hope they know that Kaduna South needs a strong person to represent them in the helm of affairs in the state not a widow mourning the demise of her husband which may take long time for her to bounce back. This new trend is barbaric. Long live the President, if otherwise, what a clown we will have as a vise president in P.a.t.i.e.n.c.e..

1 Like

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by otokx(m): 3:04pm On Dec 17, 2012
cliveland: THE REASONS WE HAVE REMAINED ETERNALLY BACKWARD IS BECAUSE WE ACCEPTED MEDIOCRITIES AS THE NORM, THEN TURAI SHOULD HAVE BEEN ANOINTED AS PRESIDENT IN PLACE OF HER DEAD HUBBY, WHY THE HELL SHOULD ANY SANE PERSON PROPOSE THAT KIND OF PROPOSITION IN THIS AGE AND TIME.

POSTERITY SHALL NEVER FORGIVE THEM, AMEN.

on point
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Kx: 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2012
Those days, if a man died in the course of a particular trade, his family members would boycott/avoid that trade for fear of a repeat of the disaster.

In today's Nigeria, the reverse is the case.

Should nt the wife stay far away from anything politics at least in memory of her late husband?
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by ahfo(m): 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2012
Nigeria politics and governance now a family business.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by katolistic(m): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2012
I wish people would stop being over sentimental. How can we just wake up and say that Mrs Yakowa should would become the next Deputy Governor. When did she become a politician? Or since when did the position become a compensation? This is the time we need an EXPERIENCED leader who will unite the Southern KD People and fight to see the aspirations of Late Patrick Yakowa are not just swept under the carpet. May God help Gov. Yero and give him a deaf ear to all misleading advices. GOD BLESS KD STATE GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by ANYPEN(m): 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
outrage: How now? Which political experience she get?

which other experience do you want? she was the woman behind a man that was the governor and as the saying goes " behind every successful man is a more successful woman. wink

SENTIMENTS IN POLITICS IS ONE OF THE THINGS KILLING US IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by anonimi: 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2012
Kx: Those days, if a man died in the course of a particular trade, his family members would boycott/avoid that trade for fear of a repeat of the disaster.

Should nt the wife stay far away from anything politics at least in memory of her late husband?

You must be joking for the bold part, right
Or maybe such mentality is why we black people are so backward and have contributed practically NOTHING to modern life. Just look around you and identify how many things you use that were invented, produced and improved by the black man!
Please read up on how the everyday items we use were discovered and produced.

#FriendlyAdvice
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2012
safarigirl: Ojukwu dies. Bianca gets Ambassadorial post, Yakowa dies. Amina gets Deputy Governor's post....*off to find me a top politician to marry...might end up as Senate President...or deputy*
You might even be the dead one
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by nagoma(m): 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2012
The fact that she hosted the first lady Dame Patience, makes her more than qualified. Plea swear her in , no shakin.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by stanpee(m): 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2012
They also alluded to the recent example of a former Senator from Plateau State, Sen. Gyang Dantong, who was similarly succeeded by his wife, after he was killed by gunmen at a funeral in the state.

Na who talk dat one? Nothing lik dat happen.

1 Like

Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by OsunOriginal: 5:15pm On Dec 17, 2012
Kx: Those days, if a man died in the course of a particular trade, his family members would boycott/avoid that trade for fear of a repeat of the disaster.

Because it is all about money money money - today's human beings lose their senses when it comes to money.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by abbakacici: 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2012
People in southern kaduna need people like Nnandi Usman Isaiah Balat and Timothy Gandu
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by abbakacici: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2012
People in nigeria that their wife replace in nigeria are sen bola tinibu , bukar abba of yobe state and gyang fulani of plateau state
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
floriana: Very wrong move. The fate of Kaduna people should not be tied to that of Yakowa. Ït is wrong to put someone in office for sentimental reasons. It is for the same reason Nigeria is saddled with a patently incompetent president today. As has been clearly demonstrated in the death of Yakowa, a Deputy governor is only a hairbrush away from the seat of governor. Will the Muslim ulama accept yakowa's wife as gov should anything happen to the governor? Me thinks the state would go up in flames should that happen. Besides, while not look for a very strong southern Kaduna man like Madaki or other top politicos who can really champion the interest of SOKAPU instead of a woman who is still mourning the death of her beloved husband?
you are just wasting ur time.deed has been done.politics is family business worldwide.
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by konami001: 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
Crazy demonstration...
Demonstration of craze...
Dwmocracy by MONARCHY... hahahaha
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by ebrimond: 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2012
Is politics a family affair ?
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by dady12: 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2012
sometimes if i remember my country nigeria i only fell sick becuase i am fed up,are really practicing democracy?are we really guilded by law?the answer is NO , a lawless country where nothing works .just imagine ,what does the constitution says about the death of a seating governor?the deputy to be swore in as the governor,does it make any provision for compensation of a late gov? if yes,what if that woman still die ,who will be conpensated next?i think all this our so called leader have lost their sense of reasoning due to looting of the people common wealth ,if paraventure any political office holder died and he ve no wife then nigeria will compensate his mother by allowing her to replace his son
Re: Yakowa’s Wife May Emerge Deputy Governor by anonimi: 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2012
nagoma: The fact that [size=15pt]she hosted the first lady Dame Patience, makes her more than qualified.[/size] Plea swear her in , no shakin.

I thought I had seen the stupidest post and gave out the award.
I now have to retrieve the award and do another ceremony!!! No shakin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uzodinma: Ihedioha’s Bid To Reverse Supreme Court Judgement Based On Falsehood / Buhari Travels To London For Global Education Summit, Medical Check-Up / Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun Hosts Tunde Onakoya And His Parents (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.