Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Can An Atheist Make Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can An Atheist Make Heaven (2930 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can An Atheist Make Heaven by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2012
I want us to argue this topics with as much points as possible. Its a thing of attitude and personal perspective in terms of the right way of living, now if an atheist is good, I mean naturally good, do you think he can make heaven?.... I see them more likely than the satanist so pls let's share our view.
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by AtheistD(m): 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
dvdon: I want us to argue this topics with as much points as possible. Its a thing of attitude and personal perspective in terms of the right way of living, now if an atheist is good, I mean naturally good, do you think he can make heaven?.... I see them more likely than the satanist so pls let's share our view.

According to Xtians ... NO cry
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by dopeJemi: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
HelL No

As long as dey've bin toLd about Christ n dey stilL don't wanna Listen

Dey sure r Going 2 helL n I care Less

U can't curse God
angry
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by sylve11: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
Atheist:-D:

According to Xtians ... NO cry

grin grin grin cool
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by sylve11: 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
dopeJemi: HelL No

U can't curse God
angry

So u mean the muslims, budhists etc are all going to hell ni? cool
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
no. Btw, what is your definition of goodness?
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
Is it possible to make where you don't believe in. ?
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by RedLight1: 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
dopeJemi: HelL No

U can't curse God
angry
so over 4billion people that doesnt believe in jesus are going to hell? (is jesus and ur god that wicked?)

choii.. white men did a great Job
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by dopeJemi: 3:37pm On Dec 17, 2012
sylve11:

So u mean the muslims, budhists etc are all going to hell ni? cool

Sowie buh Yes
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
Good afternoon,

God's ways are not our ways, and his thoughts are not our thoughts. If God were a man, no one would make heaven.

I believe that anyone can make heaven, irrespective of what we believe or not believe or refuse to believe in. I am of the opinion that God searches the heart of men and verifies those who are actually his. I believe that God's judgement would have to do with the sincerity of one's heart.

There are those who are atheist because they know no better. They sincerely seek the truth and would turn away from Atheism if only they get some personal encounter with God. Only God knows how best to reveal himself to men. If God did not reveal himself to Abraham, I am very sure that Abraham wouldn't have become our father in faith.

God is not unjust and I do not believe that he would throw someone into hell when it is not the person's fault. We can claim that people have tried preaching to Atheists and they refuse to listen but the truth is that considering the very bad life style of some of our Christians today, it would be rather difficult for Atheists to listen to us. "I like your Christ but hate your Christians" - Mahatma.

If some of us believe that no "Atheist" would make heaven, then I ask you this question: before the gospel got to Africa and the rest of the world, are we saying that everyone before Christ went to hell? This would be a very wrong notion.

My point is that only God knows his people! Only God will judge mankind! Only God knows how best to reach the heart of every man! Only God knows those who died or would die in his grace. God is not unjust and would never sentence someone who did not have the opportunity of being a christian to hell.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by dopeJemi: 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2012
Red-Light:

so over 4billion people that doesnt believe in jesus are going to hell? (is jesus and ur god that wicked?)

choii.. white men did a great Job

Kay!

Dose dat don't beLieve in God, if dey Die 2day where do u Fink dey'lL go 2, Heaven? Never

Look, God sent his son 2 die 4 us alL on d cross. If u av a bibLe, go 2 John 3:16

D reason y jesus is yet 2 come z because d word of God has not bin preached alL over d worLd, der r sum peopLe hu doesn't know christ, God is giving dem d chance 2 know Him dahs y u see we av many pastors n preachers 2day.

Do u know dat alL dahs happening in d worLd 2day was written in d bibLe, d mark obama wanna instalL on our hands n heads Have bin predicted already in d bibLe(mathew 24:3)

Continue reading beLow
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by AtheistD(m): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2012
striktlymi: Good afternoon,

God's ways are not our ways, and his thoughts are not our thoughts. If God were a man, no one would make heaven.

I believe that anyone can make heaven, irrespective of what we believe or not believe or refuse to believe in. I am of the opinion that God searches the heart of men and verifies those who are actually his. I believe that God's judgement would have to do with the sincerity of one's heart.

There are those who are atheist because they know no better. They sincerely seek the truth and would turn away from Atheism if only they get some personal encounter with God. Only God knows how best to reveal himself to men. If God did not reveal himself to Abraham, I am very sure that Abraham wouldn't have become our father in faith.

God is not unjust and I do not believe that he would throw someone into hell when it is not the person's fault. We can claim that people have tried preaching to Atheist and they refuse to listen but the truth is that considering the very bad life style of some of our Christians today, it would be rather difficult for Atheist to listen to us. "I like your Christ but hate your Christians" - Mahatma.

If some of us believe that no "Atheist" would make heaven, then I ask you this question: before the gospel got to Africa and the rest of the world, are we saying that everyone before Christ went to hell? This would be a very wrong notion.

My point is that only God knows his people! Only God will judge mankind! Only God knows how best to reach the heart of every man! Only God knows those who died or would die in his grace. God is not unjust and would never sentence someone who did not have the opportunity of being a christian to hell.

Thank you!

That is not Xtian doctrine. Xtrians believe only believers in Christ and followers of their faith will make it into heaven. Also, no amount of good works can change things.

Xtians sound like a deluded bunch grin
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by AtheistD(m): 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
sylve11:

grin grin grin cool

Can you guarantee that you will make it to heaven? If no then it is all moot. No point laughing at me when you might not be making it too.

The difference between both of us. You believe there is a heaven but no certainty if you will be there. I know there is no heaven so do not care either way wink
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by dopeJemi: 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2012
our God is not wicked, if he was, he wudnt av sent His son 2 die 4 us, he wud av destroyed d earth n me n u wudnt be here chatting

If he was wicked, he wudnt av wanted us 2 know abt his Son(Jesus christ) Jesus is d way 2 saLvation,if u read dat mathew 24:3 to 14, u'll know, lemme quote verse 14. "And dis GospeL of d kingdom shalL be preached in alL d worLd 4 a witness unto alL nations and den shalL d End come"

My broda, God wants us 2 beLieve in His son Jesus so dat we wilL not perish in helL buh av everLasting Life in heaven

Av u ever tot abt hau d first Man came 2 life
Fink abt it and telL me if its science
smiley
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2012

That is not Xtian doctrine. Xtrians believe only believers in Christ and followers of their faith will make it into heaven. Also, no amount of good works can change things.

Xtians sound like a deluded bunch grin

Good afternoon,

I am a Christian and I really do not think you can speak for every Christian. Everyone has a right to his or her own opinion but it does not mean that opinion is correct.

Thank you!
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by dopeJemi: 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
Atheists

I'd appreciate it if u don't insult christians n God pLz

Cuz it annoys Me wen u do. Dats y I don't come 2 d religion section

Let's make dis argument smooth
smiley
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by AtheistD(m): 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
striktlymi:

Good afternoon,

I am a Christian and I really do not think you can speak for every Christian. Everyone has a right to his or her own opinion but it does not mean that opinion is correct.

Thank you!

It is not my opinion it is the opinion of a majority of xtians. I have argued this before on this board. According to them, Hitler has a better chance of making heaven than a good muslim, hindu or atheist.

If you believe otherwise then you are in the minority. We could do with more of your type however. Good works should always be appreciated.
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2012
striktlymi:

Good afternoon,

Thank you!
Where does John 3:16 stand here?
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by AtheistD(m): 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
dopeJemi: our God is not wicked, if he was, he wudnt av sent His son 2 die 4 us, he wud av destroyed d earth n me n u wudnt be here chatting

If he was wicked, he wudnt av wanted us 2 know abt his Son(Jesus christ) Jesus is d way 2 saLvation,if u read dat mathew 24:3 to 14, u'll know, lemme quote verse 14. "And dis GospeL of d kingdom shalL be preached in alL d worLd 4 a witness unto alL nations and den shalL d End come"

My broda, God wants us 2 beLieve in His son Jesus so dat we wilL not perish in helL buh av everLasting Life in heaven

Av u ever tot abt hau d first Man came 2 life
Fink abt it and telL me if its science
smiley

If i believed it was science would I make heaven with good works?
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by RedLight1: 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2012
dopeJemi:

Kay!

Dose dat don't beLieve in God, if dey Die 2day where do u Fink dey'lL go 2, Heaven? Never

Look, God sent his son 2 die 4 us alL on d cross. If u av a bibLe, go 2 John 3:16

D reason y jesus is yet 2 come z because d word of God has not bin preached alL over d worLd, der r sum peopLe hu doesn't know christ, God is giving dem d chance 2 know Him dahs y u see we av many pastors n preachers 2day.

Do u know dat alL dahs happening in d worLd 2day was written in d bibLe, d mark obama wanna instalL on our hands n heads Have bin predicted already in d bibLe(mathew 24:3)

Continue reading beLow

u still haven't answered the question i asked..... will christian god put over 4billion people that doesnt believe in jesus into hell? just answer me and see if u are not demonizing ur jesus and god grin grin remember not all those that still believe in this same jesus are guaranteed heaven .... i guess god will throw about 6.5billion people into hell... choii hell will be over crowded now grin
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by manmustwac(m): 4:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
No atheist will make Heaven coz Heaven don't exist.
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by dopeJemi: 4:36pm On Dec 17, 2012
Red-Light:

u still haven't answered the question i asked..... will christian god put over 4billion people that doesnt believe in jesus into hell? just answer me and see if u are not demonizing ur jesus and god grin grin remember not all those that still believe in this same jesus are guaranteed heaven

Bro I ansad u quite alright. I posted twice, read my second post

Yup, not alL dat believe in Jesus wilL make heaven because dey don't do his wilL, dey Sin and a sinner wilL not make heaven because its dat sin dat God sent Jesus 2 wipe out 4rm us
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by CrazyMan(m): 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
They don't believe heaven exist...so I see no reason why they should make it.
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by dopeJemi: 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2012

If i believed it was science would I make heaven with good works?

No bro

Just believe in Jesus n do His wilL, den u'lL go 2 heaven

Even satan n his folLowers know heaven exists dey don't just want us 2 go der
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by dopeJemi: 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2012
CrazyMan: They don't believe heaven exist...so I see no reason why they should make it.

My point exactLy

Buh don't u fink we shud make dem believe it exists
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
Reyginus: Where does John 3:16 stand here?

Good afternoon Reyginus,

I am glad that you choose to believe in God and also in his inspired word.

I do not think that any part of sacred scriptures should be looked at in isolation. One beauty about the word of God as written in sacred scriptures is that God cannot contradict himself. The part of sacred scriptures you quoted, reads thus:

"16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life."

This bit of sacred scripture is true for all time. It is true that belief in Christ is a necessity but what exactly does this mean? Is it about professing one's beliefs on the roof tops without doing what Christ demands of us? If we are to go by your argument then it would mean that children who died in their mothers womb are going to hell because they never professed a belief in God. It would also mean that every child who died before attaining the age of reasoning would be an automatic candidate for hell. But this is not the case.

Now still from the gospel of John 10:16:

"16 There are other sheep which belong to me that are not in this sheep pen. I must bring them, too; they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock with one shepherd."

Jesus made us understand that he has other sheep which are not part of his flock and the fact that they have not yet heard the masters call does not stop them from being his. Do you truly believe that this other flock Christ talked about would be sent to hell because the gospel has not gotten to them already? Like I already mentioned, only God knows those who are his. God looks at the heart and he alone knows how best to bring people to his fold.

Remember that Christ even told us that prostitutes and tax collectors (those they tagged as unbelievers) are making their way into God's kingdom. Judgement day would be very shocking indeed cause those we think are not candidates would be with God while those we believe are already in heaven would call on Christ saying: 'But Lord we preached in your name, we caste out demons in your name' but sadly Christ would say 'Away from me, for I do not know you'.

I refuse to believe that God is an unjust judge and I believe firmly that there are those who are atheist sincerely because they know no better. I believe firmly that before someone goes to hell, that person MUST merit it just like we MUST merit going to heaven. God knows how he saves the children who died in the womb; God knows how he saves the 'imbe.cile' who has no mind of his own; God knows how best to save the Atheist who through no fault of his finds himself in Atheism.

Thank you!
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2012
striktlymi:

Good afternoon Reyginus,

I am glad that you choose to believe in God and also in his inspired word.

I do not think that any part of sacred scriptures should be looked at in isolation. One beauty about the word of God as written in sacred scriptures is that God cannot contradict himself. The part of sacred scriptures you quoted, reads thus:

"16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life."

This bit of sacred scripture is true for all time. It is true that belief in Christ is a necessity but what exactly does this mean? Is it about professing one's beliefs on the roof tops without doing what Christ demands of us? If we are to go by your argument then it would mean that children who died in their mothers womb are going to hell because they never professed a belief in God. It would also mean that every child who died before attaining the age of reasoning would be an automatic candidate for hell. But this is not the case.

Now still from the gospel of John 10:16:

"16 There are other sheep which belong to me that are not in this sheep pen. I must bring them, too; they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock with one shepherd."

Jesus made us understand that he has other sheep which are not part of his flock and the fact that they have not yet heard the masters call does not stop them from being his. Do you truly believe that this other flock Christ talked about would be sent to hell because the gospel has not gotten to them already? Like I already mentioned, only God knows those who are his. God looks at the heart and he alone knows how best to bring people to his fold.

Remember that Christ even told us that prostitutes and tax collectors (those they tagged as unbelievers) are making their way into God's kingdom. Judgement day would be very shocking indeed cause those we think are not candidates would be with God while those we believe are already in heaven would call on Christ saying: 'But Lord we preached in your name, we caste out demons in your name' but sadly Christ would say 'Away from me, for I do not know you'.

I refuse to believe that God is an unjust judge and I believe firmly that there are those who are atheist sincerely because they know no better. I believe firmly that before someone goes to hell, that person MUST merit it just like we MUST merit going to heaven. God knows how he saves the children who died in the womb; God knows how he saves the 'imbe.cile' who has no mind of his own; God knows how best to save the Atheist who through no fault of his finds himself in Atheism.

Thank you!
Ofcourse the truth is in all, and not in a part. But don't forget that without the parts their is no whole. Seriously, you seem to be avoiding the fact. Why is it so?
Let me focus on this for now.
By conparing 3:16 with dead humans in foetus, you missed it. You are neglecting the prerequisite for believing to take place. The criteria according to christ is centred on believing. The question now becomes : how do we even know what believe is to believe it? Can it occur outside the sense experience? No. Are babies in the foetus capable of sense experience? Tabula raza. Now, how in my statement would they go to hell when they lack the means to believe?
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by sylve11: 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2012

Can you guarantee that you will make it to heaven? If no then it is all moot. No point laughing at me when you might not be making it too.

The difference between both of us. You believe there is a heaven but no certainty if you will be there. I know there is no heaven so do not care either way wink

I wasn't laughing @ u becos u r one atheist, therefore u aint gonna make heaven, I was laughing becos ur reply was short and funny. . .followed by the emoticon dat well defined ur stands. cool
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2012
Good evening Rey,

Reyginus: Ofcourse the truth is in all, and not in a part. But don't forget that without the parts their is no whole.

I quite agree with the above when it comes to man but with God it is impractical to isolate any part of sacred scriptures. The word of God is active, it is TRUTH and LIFE and it is incapable of contradiction. There is always a lesson to learn from sacred scriptures. There is no word uttered in sacred scriptures that was said for the fun of it. Every word from God cannot return empty. If Christ says he has some other flock, then he does have and I don't believe that he will condemn those he has chosen as his, if and only if they die in his friendship.

Reyginus:
Seriously, you seem to be avoiding the fact. Why is it so?

I don't think there is any fact I have avoided knowingly. If there is, I will be glad if you would point this out and I will be very happy to address it.

Reyginus:
Let me focus on this for now.
By conparing 3:16 with dead humans in foetus, you missed it. You are neglecting the prerequisite for believing to take place. The criteria according to christ is centred on believing. The question now becomes : how do we even know what believe is to believe it? Can it occur outside the sense experience?

Belief is the psychological state in which an individual holds a proposition or premise to be true. In sacred scriptures belief and faith are used interchangeably. The book of Hebrew 11:1 defines faith thus:

"1 To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of the things we cannot see."

and Jesus made us understand that those who believe or have faith in him though they haven't seen him are indeed blessed. I quite agree that the child in the womb or a new born baby comes as a blank sheet or tabularaza if you like as the quote below implies:

Reyginus:
No. Are babies in the foetus capable of sense experience? Tabula raza. Now, how in my statement would they go to hell when they lack the means to believe?

hence their inability to believe. This further strengthens my argument that God has a way of saving those who are his. Now take the example of those who lived in Africa before the good news got to us. These peoples had the capacity to believe unlike the child in the womb and from what Christ said about the flock he has somewhere else, it shows that they also have the capacity to believe because they would heed the masters call if they hear it. Christ never condemned that flock because they know him not.

My Dear Rey, there are a Atheists who are there because they sincerely search for the truth. This is difficult to hear but the simple truth is that they might just be part of the flock Christ talked about. The apostles were successful in preaching the gospel because they were men of faith, they were men of prayer and they were men of action. They acted out what they preached. This is lacking in so many Christians today, hence the inability of most of us to convince some genuine Atheist about the existence of God.

Thank you!
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by bluntAF(f): 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
striktlymi: Good afternoon,

God is not unjust and I do not believe that he would throw someone into hell when it is not the person's fault. We can claim that people have tried preaching to Atheists and they refuse to listen but the truth is that considering the very bad life style of some of our Christians today, it would be rather difficult for Atheists to listen to us. "I like your Christ but hate your Christians" - Mahatma.

Thank you!

biko, how did they not have the opportunity to become christians?
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by CrazyMan(m): 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2012
dopeJemi: My point exactLy

Buh don't u fink we shud make dem believe it exists
Its up to them to believe...from what I've seen so far on Nairaland, many of them have their minds made up.

So trying to win them over would seem almost impossible cos they would end up ridiculing you and your faith.

Let's leave them to God...hopefully be would change their hearts before its too late.
Re: Can An Atheist Make Heaven by dopeJemi: 6:34pm On Dec 17, 2012
CrazyMan:
Its up to them to believe...from what I've seen so far on Nairaland, many of them have their minds made up.

So trying to win them over would seem almost impossible cos they would end up ridiculing you and your faith.

Let's leave them to God...hopefully be would change their hearts before its too late.

True TaLk cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"KICC Totally Creeps Me Out (confessions Of A Nigerian Atheist)" / The Kingdom Of The Cults - Dr. Walter Martin / See What A Pastor Is Doing While Preaching (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.