Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN (971 Views)

Jubilation In Osun As Aregbesola Is Declared Winner Today (Photos) / SEE What Aregbesola Is Doing To His People In Osun State : PHOTOS / Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN by karlmax2: 4:59pm On Dec 17, 2012
THE Chairman of the Osun State Implementation Commiittee on Subsidy Re-Investment  Empowerment Programme (SURE-P), Dr Bayo Faforiji, on Sunday,  allegedly accused Governor Rauf Aregbesola of distancing his government from the Federal Government’s intervention scheme packaged to stem poverty in the state.

He described as unimpressive the posture of the governor to the kick-off of the programme, which was recently inaugurated by Vice President Namadi Sambo in Abuja, as part of measures to cushion the effects of the January, 2012 hike in the prices of petroleum products in the country.

In a statement issued by the communication officer of SURE-P in Osun, Mr.Tewogbade Latona, a copy of which was made available to the Nigerian Tribune in Osogbo, on Sunday, Faforiji debunked the allegation that application forms for the programme in the state were given only to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members.

The SURE-P boss stated: “the negative attitude of the state government is uncalled for. Even after several weeks, the nominees of Governor Aregebsola in the committee have not been forwarded.”

He lamented that there had not been any positive response from the state government for the committee to discharge its responsibilities effectively, stressing that the main task of the state implementation committee of SURE-P was to ensure that the programme was effectively implemented  in the state.

But, the state chapter of the Action Congresss of Nigeria (ACN), in a statement signed by its director of media and publicy, Mr Kunle Oyatomi, had alleged that the beneficiaries of the programme were only the PDP members in the state, insisting that SURE-P had largely been politicised.

Faforiji, who charged all state governors, irrespective of party affiliation, to accord the programme priority attention, said, “such gesture was germane to the successful implementation of the intervention programmes in the respective states.”

stressing that the laudable objectives of the programme was to reduce the impact of partial removal of fuel subsidy on the poor and the vulnerable, through the creation of temporary employment opportunities.

According to him, “Some states are not giving SURE-P enough public awareness in their domain yet they draw huge amount of money every month from the proceeds from the subsidy removal. Some states deliberately kept mute about the gains accruing from partial fuel subsidy removal. Many Nigerians are not aware of the fact that state and local governments appropriate funds from subsidy removal on a monthly basis and that the federal government is ploughing back its own portion into the various state and the local governments through SURE-P.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/1262-‘aregbesola-is-not-identifying-with-sure-p-in-osun-•it’s-a-pdp-affair-acn
Re: ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN by karlmax2: 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2012
“Some states are not giving SURE-P enough public awareness in their domain yet they draw huge amount of money every month from the proceeds from the subsidy removal. Some states deliberately kept mute about the gains accruing from partial fuel subsidy removal. Many Nigerians are not aware of the fact that state and local governments appropriate funds from subsidy removal on a monthly basis and that the federal government is ploughing back its own portion into the various state and the local governments through SURE-P.”

Later the AC.N hypocrites would criticize the FG about the sure-P.no doubt these states are AC.N states they keep collecting sure-p money every month and keep mute about it and don't do anything with the fund so that their citizens like the ones we see here on nairaland keep asking of sure-P fund,surely I knw they would be made to account for all this monies they've been collecting.see how because of their selfish interest and hypocracy they are ready to leave their people in poverty collect money for sure-p send some to tinubu use some to build something in the state and claim his government did it. But one thing is for sure! Falsehood would thrive for some time but the truth shall always come to light.
Re: ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN by Geomac: 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2012
If it is PDP affair, i think it is high time FG stopped giving ACN States SURE-P fund.
Re: ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN by karlmax2: 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2012
Geomac: If it is PDP affair, i think it is high time FG stopped giving ACN States SURE-P fund.
they are luck that GEJ is just a humble leader if it was OBJ am sure they won't smell a dime.it is Pdp affair but collecting the sure-p money is not a pdp affair.bunch of hypocrites and u see there die hard supporters abusing GEJ because of sure-p on nairaland while their local government chairmen and governors collect sure-p and keep quiet about it and these fools won't hold them accountable.
Re: ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN by Clerverly: 8:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
I am off! The thread has been hijacked by retardeen's internet attack dogs. Will come when the coast is clear tongue

1 Like

Re: ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2012
LMAO!!! You see how easy it is to catch these hoes?

First of all, what are they planning to do with the SURE-P funds?

The vague accusation is that the government hasn't allowed blah blah.. What is the plan of this vague SURE-P?

What are they planning to do that the government isn't cooperating?

Let us know these and we will understand. SURE-P ko, SURE-Q ni..
Re: ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN by karlmax2: 7:15am On Dec 18, 2012
0lumide: LMAO!!! You see how easy it is to catch these hoes?

First of all, what are they planning to do with the SURE-P funds?

The vague accusation is that the government hasn't allowed blah blah.. What is the plan of this vague SURE-P?

What are they planning to do that the government isn't cooperating?

Let us know these and we will understand. SURE-P ko, SURE-Q ni..
that is whyt I call ur likes hypocrite so didn't read the article? And u didn't see the part that aregbe and his local government chairmen collect sure-p money and keep quite about it u didn't read that part abi.u ac.n guys are just fools and u think. Every body are brainwashed like u guys.the sure-p co-ordinators in osun is simply asking ur hypocrite. Governor why he has been keeping quite about the sure-p money he has been collecting since january.and what has he don with it that is the question the co-ordinator in osun is asking since fools like u don't hold them responsible and while he is collecting sure-p money since january and keeping quiet about it and still trying to sabotage the sure-p work the FG is embarking on in osun. Hypocrite asks ur AC.N thieves how much they have collected from sure-p since january and kept quiet about it and hypocrites like u keep quiet but always criticize the FG.
Re: ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 18, 2012
Ohhh you dumbo!!!!

Isn't the fund suppose to be for federal projects? How did it get into state govt hands again now?

I'm tired of your lies and deceit!!! Let the FG arrest anyone who is found to be spending the money corruptly.

Stop these lies!! STOP!! TELL US HOW MUCH HE HAS GOTTEN FROM THE FUNDS!!

Tell us how much he got and make him show us how his government spent the money!

Aregbesola is in the opposition and one of GEJ's staunch "hater". If he has taken the money and not use it for what it's meant for, isn't GEJ suppose to be happy about that and send EFCC after him? This would be a way for GEJ to show us what's really going on if his hands are clean!

STOP THE LIES!!

KARLMAX, LOOK AT THE EARTH. CAN YOU SEE YOUR GRAVE? CAN YOU SEE IT? REMEMBER YOU CAN'T LIVE FOREVER AND YOUR CONSCIENCE WILL FOLLOW YOU TO THE GRAVE!!

STOP SUPPORTING AN EVIL ADMINISTRATION!

Go read my posts during the 2011 election and see who I supported. Go see who I wanted to win!! Stop these lies of tagging everyone mad at the corrupt administration as opposition. OLE AJIBOLE!!!

How did they pay you? How much? Talk true! Your grave is close by. You step on it everyday!! Dust to dust fool!!! You shall meat your nemesis in GRAVE!

You see how people in power are falling ill and dead? HAHAHAHA THE CURSES ON THE LIPS OF THE CHILDREN DYING BECAUSE OF CORRUPT GOVERNMENT IS POWERFUL BECAUSE THOSE CURSES WENT TO THE AUTHOR OF THEIR DESTINY. DON'T JOIN THE ARENA OF THE CURSED!!!!!!! BE HONEST. OLE!
Re: ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN by karlmax2: 9:02am On Dec 18, 2012
0lumide: Ohhh you dumbo!!!!

Isn't the fund suppose to be for federal projects? How did it get into state govt hands again now?

I'm tired of your lies and deceit!!! Let the FG arrest anyone who is found to be spending the money corruptly.

Stop these lies!! STOP!! TELL US HOW MUCH HE HAS GOTTEN FROM THE FUNDS!!

Tell us how much he got and make him show us how his government spent the money!

Aregbesola is in the opposition and one of GEJ's staunch "hater". If he has taken the money and not use it for what it's meant for, isn't GEJ suppose to be happy about that and send EFCC after him? This would be a way for GEJ to show us what's really going on if his hands are clean!

STOP THE LIES!!

KARLMAX, LOOK AT THE EARTH. CAN YOU SEE YOUR GRAVE? CAN YOU SEE IT? REMEMBER YOU CAN'T LIVE FOREVER AND YOUR CONSCIENCE WILL FOLLOW YOU TO THE GRAVE!!

STOP SUPPORTING AN EVIL ADMINISTRATION!

Go read my posts during the 2011 election and see who I supported. Go see who I wanted to win!! Stop these lies of tagging everyone mad at the corrupt administration as opposition. OLE AJIBOLE!!!

How did they pay you? How much? Talk true! Your grave is close by. You step on it everyday!! Dust to dust fool!!! You shall meat your nemesis in GRAVE!

You see how people in power are falling ill and dead? HAHAHAHA THE CURSES ON THE LIPS OF THE CHILDREN DYING BECAUSE OF CORRUPT GOVERNMENT IS POWERFUL BECAUSE THOSE CURSES WENT TO THE AUTHOR OF THEIR DESTINY. DON'T JOIN THE ARENA OF THE CURSED!!!!!!! BE HONEST. OLE!
look at this brainwashed fool.so u don't knw that the state and local government share sure-p money see how daft the people that criticize the FG 3e u are an example I don't have time to educate u ignorant buffoon but here is a links of how much the FG shared with ur theiving governors and local government read dumbo and let naira land judge who is a fool and an slowpoke ur not even intelligent I thought I was arguing with a learned sane person. Se how all AC.N show their ignorance on this forum.make sure u read this links dumbo!

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/subsidy-savings-fg-states-lgs-share-n248-85bn/
Slowpoke try and read and understand idiat
Re: ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN by karlmax2: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2012
Hypocrite AC.N fool how much has ur state collected idiot!

Subsidy savings: FG, states, LGs share N248.85bn

Since the partial removal of fuel subsidy by the Federal Government seven months ago, a whopping N248.85bn has been shared by the three tiers of government under the Subsidy Re-investment and Empowerment Programme.

The money shared was savings made from the partial fuel subsidy removal.

The amount, our correspondent gathered, was based on the budgeted monthly provision of N35.55bn credited to the SURE-P account by the Federation Account Allocation Committee.

Of the N248.44bn, the Federal Government got N105bn, representing a monthly allocation of N15bn for the seven months; while the balance of N143.55bn was shared by the states and local governments.

A breakdown of the N35.55bn shared by the states in July revealed that Akwa Ibom got the highest amount of N1.83bn; while Rivers got N1.46bn; Delta, N1.40bn; and Bayelsa, N1.09bn.

Abia got N364.9m; Adamawa, N393.3m; Anambra, N394.08m; Bauchi, N456.52m; Benue, N439.43m; Borno, N494m; Cross River, N389.13m; Ebonyi N285.76m; Edo N446.3m; and Ekiti, N301.1m.

Others are Enugu, N347.1m; Gombe, N297.42m; Imo, N469.75m; Jigawa, N454.62m; Kaduna, N504.13m; Kano, N718.6m; Katsina, N535.7m; Kebbi, N390.29m; Kogi, N395.9m; Kwara, N335.93m; Lagos, N540.48m; and Nassarawa, N296.6m.

Similarly, Niger State got N475.26m; Ogun, N376.59m; Ondo, N533.08m; Osun, N406.47m; Oyo, N515.89m; Plateau, N364.73m; Sokoto, N415.93m; Taraba, N366.13m; Yobe, N360.05m; Zamfara, N352.01m; and the Federal Capital Territory, N56.77m.

The Minister of State for Finance, Dr. Yerima Ngama, had said the states and local governments would not receive their share until they opened separate accounts for the fund.

This, he noted, would enable the Federal Government to track how the fund was being used.

He said, “The subsidy re-investment fund is supposed to be paid to the states and local governments separately into a special account that they should open and we expect them to also forward to the ministry the programmes that they intend to use the subsidy re-investment fund for in order to alleviate the condition of our people.

“But every state is free to determine what it wants to do with its subsidy re-investment fund. It doesn’t have to be what the Federal Government is doing, but you can come and complement what the Federal Government is doing in your own state. So, the distribution will be made separately so that we will be able to hold people completely accountable.”

Findings, however, revealed that the majority of the states in a bid to begin the implementation programme, had been responding to the directive.

For instance, Governor Patrick Yakowa of Kaduna State last week inaugurated a committee for the implementation of the programme.

The SURE programme provides for the implementation of short-term social welfare schemes to alleviate the impact of subsidy removal on Nigerians.

Some of these are the construction, completion and rehabilitation of rail, refineries, key federal highways, hydro stations, information technology and water projects.

The programme will also fund mass transit, public works, training for unskilled youths and social services to reduce high maternal and infant mortality rates.

It is being managed by the SURE-P committee headed by Dr. Christopher Kolade.

The committee is saddled with the responsibility of “mitigating the immediate impact of the removal of fuel subsidy and accelerate economic growth through investment in critically needed infrastructure.”

Of the Federal Government share of the SURE-P fund, it was learnt that N21.7bn had already been set aside for the construction of the East-West road.
Re: ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN by ujchief(m): 9:49am On Dec 18, 2012
N326 mill? gringrin Is that what u've been whining about all daygringringrin Thats not even enough to construct a 1km road! Why is Gej sharing the money in bits while it would have made more sence to use it in bulk and pursue a single project? Who advices these clöwns?
That money is not even enough for some governors to maintain their girlfrnds!
Re: ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 18, 2012
karl max: look at this brainwashed fool.so u don't knw that the state and local government share sure-p money see how daft the people that criticize the FG 3e u are an example I don't have time to educate u ignorant buffoon but here is a links of how much the FG shared with ur theiving governors and local government read dumbo and let naira land judge who is a fool and an slowpoke ur not even intelligent I thought I was arguing with a learned sane person. Se how all AC.N show their ignorance on this forum.make sure u read this links dumbo!

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/subsidy-savings-fg-states-lgs-share-n248-85bn/
Slowpoke try and read and understand idiat

DUMBO!!!!! TELL YOUR MASTERS TO TIE THE MONEY TO PROJECTS!!!!!!!!

STOP THESE VAGUE MONEY SHARED ETC..

SURE-P IS AN FG PROJECT NOT A STATE ONE.

Now, stupid liar, I want you to stop being stoopid when I criticize a nation's president. GEJ isn't performing shiiiit. WE WANT DEDICATED HARD WORK!! NOT TRY TO BRIBE OUR JAWS WITH CHICKEN PROJECTS. AREN'T YOU ASHAMED THAT GEJ ISN'T PERFORMING? YOU ARE FAILING AT THE JOB YOU ARE HIRED TO DO..
Re: ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN by karlmax2: 11:06am On Dec 18, 2012
0lumide:

DUMBO!!!!! TELL YOUR MASTERS TO TIE THE MONEY TO PROJECTS!!!!!!!!

STOP THESE VAGUE MONEY SHARED ETC..

SURE-P IS AN FG PROJECT NOT A STATE ONE.

Now, stupid liar, I want you to stop being stoopid when I criticize a nation's president. GEJ isn't performing shiiiit. WE WANT DEDICATED HARD WORK!! NOT TRY TO BRIBE OUR JAWS WITH CHICKEN PROJECTS. AREN'T YOU ASHAMED THAT GEJ ISN'T PERFORMING? YOU ARE FAILING AT THE JOB YOU ARE HIRED TO DO..

shut up there first u claim state and local government don't collect funds from sure P now that ur stupidity and ignorance has been exposed like other hypocrites on naira land u start beating around the bush reartdinho! Slowpoke the question I have ur dumb ass .since u claim sure-p is an fg initaitive why do you state governor collect money and keep mute about it? If can't answer this simple queston then ur a wasted sper.m and I won't waste my time with brainwashed retard like you.when ur hypocrite governors go to abuja to Kill and divide the sure-p fund they won't remember that its an FG initiative!.and brainwashed idi.ots like u would come on nairaland and defend them.

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Live In Maiduguri---nta / APC Shops For Presidential Candidate In 2015. / Boko Haram Fights With JTF Over 2000 Homes Destroyed 185 Killed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.