Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day (8801 Views)

Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter / Gasoline Tanker Crashed On Ahoada-mbiama On The East- West Road In Rivers State / Possible Trip Of No Return For Jonathan,obasanjo & Malam Sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by samuelkaykay(m): 10:49am On Dec 18, 2012
Those who certified the plane worthy to fly after 15 trips should be jailed.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by samuelkaykay(m): 10:54am On Dec 18, 2012
omoajiri: What is the distance between the take-off point & the landing that the copter covered 15 times in one day?
Did the copter made the 15 trips without stopping/ resting?
Its fuel level?
JAMB QUESTION !
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by Afolabs101: 10:57am On Dec 18, 2012
iamtheprincipal: Personally, I'm of the oppinion that a device was planted in the craft before it airlifted Gov. Yakowa, Gen. Azazi, et al for Portharcourt. I hope the investigation team undertaking this task would not fail to uncover the reason(s) behind this dastardly act.

One serving governor everyone has described as a great man even in his death apart from those crooks from Kaduna north. I have always had my distant admiration for this man.
I sympathise with your wife, Amina.
May the good LORD bless your soul, Sir Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa and comfort your family.

General Andrew Owoye Azazi, one of the nation's finest officers who put his job on the line to speak out what he saw, the reality of the Northern unrest... "Boko Haram is PDP & PDP is Boko Haram" and as a result, he was declared 'unworthy' to live.

I did said earlier that there is more to this crash that meets the eye & I expect the investigation panel to leave no stone unturned by exposing those idiots behind this very sad occurrence.

We must adopt the precepts of bringing the enemies of this nation to book.

There's no way we'll get to the bottom of this, because if a bomb was planted (my opinion too), it would have been a conspiracy of the highest order. If some powerful Northerners were behind it, can Johnathan openly confront them?? When he can't confront the backers of BH??

There's too much circumstantial evidence pointing towards an assassination, however a cover-up seems imminent shocked
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by ujchief(m): 11:03am On Dec 18, 2012
Forget all these tales by moonlight, check out the real conspiracy theories behind the crash from our own Nairalanders.
www.nairaland.com/1135764/gov-yakowas-helicopter-shot
Disclaimer: the thread contains hilarious and extremely funny contents. Viewer discretion is adviced, especially if ur stomach is too sensitive to laughter.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by honeric01(m): 11:05am On Dec 18, 2012
iamtheprincipal: Personally, I'm of the oppinion that a device was planted in the craft before it airlifted Gov. Yakowa, Gen. Azazi, et al for Portharcourt. I hope the investigation team undertaking this task would not fail to uncover the reason(s) behind this dastardly act.

One serving governor everyone has described as a great man even in his death apart from those crooks from Kaduna north. I have always had my distant admiration for this man.
I sympathise with your wife, Amina.
May the good LORD bless your soul, Sir Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa and comfort your family.

General Andrew Owoye Azazi, one of the nation's finest officers who put his job on the line to speak out what he saw, the reality of the Northern unrest... "Boko Haram is PDP & PDP is Boko Haram" and as a result, he was declared 'unworthy' to live.

I did said earlier that there is more to this crash that meets the eye & I expect the investigation panel to leave no stone unturned by exposing those idiots behind this very sad occurrence.

We must adopt the precepts of bringing the enemies of this nation to book.

Unfortunately, the enemies of this nation are the ones running this nation and are the number 1 party ruling this nation.

so it's like telling a thief to investigate who stole the meat in the pot of stew he alone was at home to watch over.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by Ozonna(m): 11:26am On Dec 18, 2012
Jakumo: The life-span of an aircraft is measured both in flight hours, and in takeoff and landing cycles.

A helicopter ferrying passengers over short distances can handle far more than 15 takeoff and landing cycles a day, without causing any undue loading to engines or fuselage.

In the opinion of this armchair accident investigator, the doomed Augusta 109 chopper was shot down with small arms fire, moments after takeoff.

I pray that this armchair accident investigator is wrong for peace to reign. I mean we seem to have forgotten that a prominent Ijaw son died and if this assasination story is what the Ijaws believe, then there's big problem ahead of 2015 elections.

The CIA that said we'll disintegrate by 2015 maybe be right afterall
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by freakcin: 11:43am On Dec 18, 2012
Jakumo: The life-span of an aircraft is measured both in flight hours, and in takeoff and landing cycles.

A helicopter ferrying passengers over short distances can handle far more than 15 takeoff and landing cycles a day, without causing any undue loading to engines or fuselage.

In the opinion of this armchair accident investigator, the doomed Augusta 109 chopper was shot down with small arms fire, moments after takeoff.

On point! I wonder why people are shouting 15 trips. MNC's chopper stay flying in the air for much more time all day and you hardly ever hear of it crashing except in extreme circumstance. It all boils down to the maintenance culture of the millitary people.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by banki(m): 11:52am On Dec 18, 2012
what happened to the probe on the police helicopter that crashed earlier in the year was that government conspiracy too? why should military helicopters be used to shuttle passengers for a burial ceremony, instead of being used for the purpose they were meant for, so have they perrsonalised and privatised the nigerian army too?

I can understand owoye azazi on the helicopter as a former chief of army staff but yakowa as wetin? i taught they as leadersof the niger delta should have fixed the roads so people can come from far and wide to come to bayelsa,how come were only talking abut the lives of yakowa and azazi are the other people less human?
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2012
samally:

Adieu Sir!

The two of u,...perhaps u av not lived in Naija long enuf,....NOTHING,...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING meaningful wud come out of the investigation. In a country as utterly & hopelessly corrupt as Naija,....nothing earth-shattering ever comes out of Govt-led or initiated investigations into accidents,trust me. If truly an explosive device was planted on dt chopper,den u can be sure that every wud-be accident investigator has already bin settled since since.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by ocelot2006(m): 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2012
C'mon dudes! That military helicopter was designed to endure such stress and more. IMHO, 15 round trips is nothing for the Navy's AW-109 LUH.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by iamtheprincipal: 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2012
omarky:

Well spoken bro

Thanks, MyBoss!
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by iamtheprincipal: 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2012
Leyelyzo:

what's wrong with you? Why adieuing him? He isn't the dead man here,...shege! Some Nigerians sha.....

I tire for the yeye samally of a boy. Abeg no mind am!
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by iamtheprincipal: 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2012
Afolabs101:

There's no way we'll get to the bottom of this, because if a bomb was planted (my opinion too), it would have been a conspiracy of the highest order. If some powerful Northerners were behind it, can Johnathan openly confront them?? When he can't confront the backers of BH??

There's too much circumstantial evidence pointing towards an assassination, however a cover-up seems imminent shocked

Thank you, Prof. Afolabi¡
You're spot on in your last paragraph.
My point is backed up by an eye witness who reported that the chopper blew up in the air before touching the ground.

My problem with GEJ's government has been the lack of political will to face the enemies of the Nigerian State and bring them to face the wrath of the law. No single person has been jailed in all the committies that the GEJ's government has been setting up from 2010 to date. I'm just hoping that with the death of this his elder statesman; Gen. Andrew Owoye Azazi, he would turn a new leaf and put actions on the findings of this committee.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by Cupidkc(m): 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
I HEARD THAT THE BIRD HAD A JET ENGINE,SO THE POSSIBLE CAUSE OF CRASH COULD BE FUEL CONTAMINATION AND NOT FLIGHT DURATION.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by iamtheprincipal: 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2012
banki: what happened to the probe on the police helicopter that crashed earlier in the year was that government conspiracy too? why should military helicopters be used to shuttle passengers for a burial ceremony, instead of being used for the purpose they were meant for, so have they perrsonalised and privatised the nigerian army too?

I can understand owoye azazi on the helicopter as a former chief of army staff but yakowa as wetin? i taught they as leadersof the niger delta should have fixed the roads so people can come from far and wide to come to bayelsa,how come were only talking abut the lives of yakowa and azazi are the other people less human?

@banki, I can see you are very naive on the nature of Bayelsa State's terrain. The hometown of the President's Aid; Mr. Oronto Douglas, Okoroba which is situated in Brass Local Government Area of the State is unaccessible by road. The only means of accessing this Local Government is either via the air or the sea as Brass Local Government borders the Atlantic Ocean.
In this part of the world, there exist some parity on the mobility status of individuals as you can find Senators, House of Representative's Members, Governors, et al walking on the streets or better still ridding on motorcycles as that is the best means of mobility on land. Except, on the sea where they ride their privately owned speed boats or in the air where their chopper's use comes very handy.
I served in Bayelsa and as such, I'm conversant with the terrain.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by IncomeTutor: 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2012
even government dey use cabu cabu
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by iamtheprincipal: 2:48pm On Dec 18, 2012
banki: what happened to the probe on the police helicopter that crashed earlier in the year was that government conspiracy too? why should military helicopters be used to shuttle passengers for a burial ceremony, instead of being used for the purpose they were meant for, so have they perrsonalised and privatised the nigerian army too?

@banki, I can see you are very naive on the nature of Bayelsa State's terrain. The hometown of the President's Aid; Mr. Oronto Douglas, Okoroba which is situated in Brass Local Government Area of the State is unaccessible by road. The only means of accessing this Local Government is either via the air or the sea as Brass Local Government borders the Atlantic Ocean.
In this part of the world, there exist some parity on the mobility status of individuals as you can find Senators, House of Representative's Members, Governors, et al walking on the streets or better still ridding on motorcycles as that is the best means of mobility on land. Except, on the sea where they ride their privately owned speed boats or in the air where their chopper's use comes very handy.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by Reference(m): 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2012
Did I hear him say "civilian deployment in peace time". Am I the only one that feels that our military is in a death struggle with militants in the south and insurgents in the north in which they are barely shadding it. Or was surveillance not part of that aircraft's role when Korean engineers were abducted not too far from where it crashed.

Another sign these people are simply out of touch with the realities surrounding them. We have serious problems with the way we choose to live in this country. It is a pity the military has allowed itself to be dragged down into the pit of complacency while it is they who will be sent to fight and die without the needed tools and blamed if they fail.

By the way, heard nothing from the man at the centre of the storm in my opinion - the infatigable Oronto Douglas.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by Reference(m): 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2012
samuelkaykay: Those who certified the plane worthy to fly after 15 trips should be jailed.

Not right. That helo is a workhorse. It is designed for the endurance flights required in search and resque ops. Certain models can refuel in-flight to keep them airborne all day long. And take-off/landing cycles do not apply to rotary wings as such.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by Reference(m): 3:43pm On Dec 18, 2012
samuelkaykay: Those who certified the plane worthy to fly after 15 trips should be jailed.

Not right. That helo is a workhorse. It is designed for the endurance flights required in search and resque ops. Certain models can refuel in-flight to keep them airborne all day long. And take-off/landing cycles do not apply to rotary wings as such.

However if the machine is not well serviced or serviced at all, the best machine will burn.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
NOTHING CAN EVER BE UNCOVERED IN 9JA AND EVEN IF THEY DO, NOTHING IS DONE ABOUT IT. NO CONSCIENCE WATSOEVER.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by banki(m): 7:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
iamtheprincipal:

Oga, simple why should they convert the Nigerian navy helicopter for personal use.... Is the helicopter a ferry since they have so much money and wanted to invite the whole world why did they not charter all the cavern helicopters....
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by Remii(m): 9:56pm On Dec 18, 2012
Reference:

However if the machine is not well serviced or serviced at all, the best machine will burn.

I agree with you, many oilfield helicopters fly from morning to night everyday, making many trips to and fro offshore and onshore locations. They just need to keep to preventive maintenance schedule as per manufactures advise.
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by flexyrule(m): 8:30am On Dec 19, 2012
[quote][/quote]
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by jpphilips(m): 11:27am On Dec 19, 2012
liyalla: Nija and hi-handedness, shay as d d helicopta crash,the other dignitrys follow d peaceful water ways? How can one helicopta go on 15 trips with out pause and U tell us it still had 80hours more to fly b4 mentainance...God see us through.

What do you know about helicopters, or you just feel like typing??
Re: Helicopter Crashed On 15th Trip Of The Day by jpphilips(m): 11:36am On Dec 19, 2012
Jakumo:

Most likely the helicopter was ferrying those passengers to the nearest airport, located probably under 20 minutes flying time away from the point of departure.

Yes sir indeed, this bird can take off and land 15 times in a row without a "rest". Those turbine engines are more than up to the task, and the Augusta 109 is second only to the Westland Lynx, when it comes to helicopter fast flight capability.

PH Air-force base the home of that Augusta 109 is less than 20mins to brass, the 15 trips is absolutely inconsequential as far as the capability of the chopper is concerned, i agree with you completely

(1) (2) (Reply)

Digging Out The Tanoids: Season 1 / Youthfulness Alone Not A Qualification For Leadership – Oshiomhole / Onnoghen: PDP House Of Reps Back CJN, Blast Buhari For Being Desperate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.