Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness (8781 Views)

Court Grants Ajumogobia's Request To Travel Abroad / "How I Paid N12 Million Into Justice Ajumogobia's Company Account" - Witness / N5m Bribe: Court Refuses Ajumogobia’s Application To Travel Abroad For Medicals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by oswaggiee(m): 1:32am On Jan 10, 2017

An official of Diamond Bank Plc, Ademola Oshodi, narrated to a Lagos State High Court in Ikeja on Monday how he helped Justice Rita Ofili-Ajumogobia wire thousands of United States of American dollars to a company named Silver Steps Incorporated in the United Kingdom.

The banker claimed that he picked up a cash of $120,000 from the judge’s chambers on May 10, 2013, and assisted the judge to wire the money to the UK company in tranches of $10,000 over 12 days.

Asked why he split the transaction, Oshodi said it was because “the bank has a daily maximum deposit of $10,000,” adding that the bulk of the $120,000 was kept in the custody of Diamond Bank till May 30, 2013, when the last $10,000 was wired.

“I filled the tellers for the transactions on behalf of Honourable Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia. I wrote the name of Honourable Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia as the payee on the tellers,” the banker said.

The banker appeared on Monday to continue his testimony before Justice Hakeem Oshodi, where Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Chief Godwin Obla, are being tried by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for alleged bribery and unlawful enrichment.

The judge and the SAN were arraigned on 30 counts on November 28, 2016.

The EFCC, in the charges, alleged that Obla, while appearing in a suit number FHC/L/C/482c/2010 before Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia, offered a gratification of N5m to the judge to allegedly induce the judge to refrain from acting in the exercise of her official duties as a public official.

Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia was also accused of receiving a total of $793,800 in several tranches from different sources between 2012 and 2015 “so as to have a significant increase in your assets that you cannot reasonably explain the increase in relation to your lawful income.”

The EFCC claimed that the judge and the SAN acted contrary to sections 64 (1) and 97 (1) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, No. 11, 2011.

But they both pleaded not guilty to the offences after which Justice Oshodi granted them bail on self recognisance.

The trial continued on Monday despite a spirited effort by Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia’s counsel, Mr. Wale Akoni (SAN), to make Justice Oshodi halt the hearing.

The court admitted as exhibit in evidence against Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia, the witness’ extrajudicial statement made to the EFCC.

Also admitted as exhibits were the statement of no fewer than five accounts (both naira and domiciliary) owned by Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia, including one in the name of her company, Nigel & Colive Limited.

The witness said, “Apart from the naira and dollar accounts, there is a corporate account named Nigel & Colive Ltd. with number 0036103685. The account was opened in September 2013. The address of Nigel & Colive is No 18 Lai Deinde Street, Fajuyi Estate.

“We made physical visitation to the address at 18 Lai Deinde Street and at the location, we found out that it was still under construction but because Honourable Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia is our customer and we knew that the property belonged to her, we proceeded to open the account,” the witness said.

The witness also narrated to the court how several thousands of dollars, apart from the $120,000, were allegedly transferred from Diamond Bank to Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia’s foreign bank account in the UK.

Further proceedings in the case have been adjourned till January 30, 2017.

http://punchng.com/wired-justice-ofili-ajumogobias-120000-uk-witness/
Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by GMBuhari: 6:33am On Jan 10, 2017
And some people protested that the is Easterner was being persecuted SMH

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by KahlDrogo(m): 6:43am On Jan 10, 2017
Op, what has your first five paragraphs got to do with this story? undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by Flyingngel(m): 7:05am On Jan 10, 2017
I see.
Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by Lasskeey: 7:41am On Jan 10, 2017
grin
Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by blazetitov: 7:42am On Jan 10, 2017
Ofili-ganga the klepto. Typical example of beauty and the beast.

As for Demola, well, he just kissed his banking career goodbye.

7 Likes

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by George2016(m): 7:42am On Jan 10, 2017
I will go confirm first
Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by BUSHHUNTER: 7:42am On Jan 10, 2017
But why?
Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by blazetitov: 7:43am On Jan 10, 2017
KahlDrogo:

Na Op write the story? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by tammie24: 7:43am On Jan 10, 2017
Free the woman joor

2 Likes

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by Dhortunn(m): 7:44am On Jan 10, 2017
The witness must be very skilled in Narration! Too much details cheesy

Fowl Yansh Don Open grin

4 Likes

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by brainpulse: 7:51am On Jan 10, 2017
KahlDrogo:
Go and ask punch. It's glaring you don't read

3 Likes

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 10, 2017
Team witch hunt where are u guys?

Seeds of corruption

In another news:

Lusty,s law of Valentine's day observation" states that "the outing of 14th of February is directly proportional to the outcome of 14th of January provided that MMM remains constant.

2 Likes

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by dahunsy(f): 7:54am On Jan 10, 2017
coughs***clears throat#....does the judge have a dollar bill printing machine at home? am not understanding these allegations pls

1 Like

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by okonja(m): 7:57am On Jan 10, 2017
things are happening
Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by psalmsjob: 8:01am On Jan 10, 2017
Yet if these type of Justices grant a high worth armed robbery criminal like Dasuki bail some expect the government to release him more so because he runs to ECOWAS.

They are corruptible Judges in Nigeria more than those politicians.

6 Likes

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by quiverfull(m): 8:06am On Jan 10, 2017
Only God knows how many victims' hope for justice this woman would have subverted with her greed for bribe. When people who occupy very sacred positions such as hers pervert the course of justice, you totally destroy the hope of a people in the society. God will judge you.
Ole alajerunju.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by Femich18(m): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2017
GMBuhari:
And some people protested that the is Easterner was being persecuted SMH
You dey mind them? They are just being blinded by hatred

4 Likes

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by jazinogold(m): 8:17am On Jan 10, 2017
angry

I SELL BITCOIN AT AN AFFODABLE RATE!!!
Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by FearFactor1: 8:29am On Jan 10, 2017
cry Hmmmm

Thief na who them catch...
Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by Monogamy: 8:32am On Jan 10, 2017
oh boy
Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by Thobiy(m): 8:56am On Jan 10, 2017
Bad leaders
Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by davidif: 9:02am On Jan 10, 2017
Goodness gracious! Even the judiciary that are supposed to fight corruption are just as filthy?
Man, we need to tear down the entire system and start up from scratch.

1 Like

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by fivestarrealty: 9:04am On Jan 10, 2017
A bird that perches on a rope should be ready to dance
Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by Stalwert: 9:05am On Jan 10, 2017
Ole Barrawoo.... and the judiciary must be sanitized
Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by davidif: 9:06am On Jan 10, 2017
quiverfull:
Only God knows how many victims' hope for justice this woman would have subverted with her greed for bribe. When people who occupy very sacred positions such as hers pervert the course of justice, you totally destroy the hope of a people in the society. God will judge you.
Ole alajerunju.

Guy, its crazy when even the courts have been compromised. This are the same people who are supposed to fight corruption in the system and yet they are just as filthy. We truly need to do polygraph tests for people who want to be judges. This is what they use to screen immigration officials in the U.S.

3 Likes

Re: How I Wired Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s $120,000 To UK – Witness by loomer: 9:26am On Jan 10, 2017
Withness testimony no go hold ground na, unless them fit get that bank statement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electoral Act: Buhari Has Hidden Agenda – Afenifere / Lagos Flood: Fashola Orders Demolition Of Church, Other Illegal Structures / #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.