Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? (9798 Views)

Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? / Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by amosy007: 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2012
Dawdy: All I can say Is that Some christians are hypocrites
while the muslims are super hypocrites that leave the crime of their brothers only to judge others

2 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by alaoeri: 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2012
Don't know why this entity called Nigeria is full of hypocrites.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by aryzgreat: 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2012
The OP of this thread is talking baldadash! If u think creating thread in islam for muslims is an avenue for u to twist and lie against christians and go scott free, bear it in mind u are making a big mistake even with ur MOD standing by u.

Get this facts straight into ur fanatic brain.

1. When u rejoice over the death of ur Govnor not because he is a tyrant or non-performer but because u see him as an INFIDEL and makes it a celebration there is a difference btwn that and rejoicing when a tyrant like abacha died and both xtians and muslims see it as God's intervention even if its not.

2. When yaradua died NO XTIAN celebrated it cos yaradua was performing even in the face of his sickness, yaradua was never a muslim fanatic. if there was any report of celebration, quote it. Why it looked as if some people got RELIEVED was bc of the controversy shrouding yaradua's long absence and the not too good role played by Turai. Speculations were flying as to weda he was still alive or dead and kept secret. The circumstances that made GEJ acting president was charged and many people were afraid military might use dat opportunity to strike and take over, so when the news of his death was released, people wia relieved.

Stop searching for unfounded facts to defend muslims when they do wrong, this is d same reason u people always go back to point hand at Niger delta whenever boko strikes or start blamisng centuries old crusaders when ur muslim brodas commit terrorist act. Stop blaming, look inwards and put ur house in other!

if he likes let him ban me and hide my msg

3 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by joseph1832(m): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
@poster I admire your research spirit! However it proved one sided cos you also tried to shield muslims in this post, forgetting the dastardly and abhorrent acts committed by many of them. True christians celebrated the death of Yaradua and so did muslims when Yokowa died! Remember some muslims even protested he (Yakowa) wasn't made governor when Sambo was appointed vice President.

What is good is good and what is bad is bad. Today I will tell you and every other person that christians and muslims are the root cause of all Nigerias problems, you guys allow religious sentiment to cloud your sense or reasoning and this has proved to be an anathema to Nigeria.

If you check my posts on nairaland, I have consistently hammered on pastors and christians and their annoying behaviour, I was born a christian "charity they say begins at home" like I earlier said, what's good's good and what's bad bad. Karl Marx said" Religion is the Opium of the people". I stand by his quote.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by oboy3(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
This o.p needs Help,most of these quotes are by atheists and pagans,you are bias

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Muslim are all same all over the world.

Its only riches and wealth that makes some cool. E.G. Muslims in Dubai,Quatar and Saudi.

Its poverty that makes some extremist eg Muslims in Nigeria,Somalia,Yemen and Afganistan.

They all believe in same violence. E.g Conditions meted out to Nigeria women during the last holy trip.

LOL, is this coherent in your estimation?

And yes I am a Muslim "brother". What else do you want to know?
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
aryzgreat: The OP of this thread is talking baldadash! If u think creating thread in islam for muslims is an avenue for u to twist and lie against christians and go scott free, bear it in mind u are making a big mistake even with ur MOD standing by u.

1. When u rejoice over the death of ur Govnor not because he is a tyrant or non-performer but because u see him as an INFIDEL and makes it a celebration there is a difference btwn that and rejoicing when a tyrant like abacha died and both xtians and muslims see it as God's intervention even if its not.

2. When yaradua died NO XTIAN celebrated it cos yaradua was performing even in the face of his sickness, yaradua was never a muslim fanatic. if there was any report of celebration, quote it. Why it looked as if some people got RELIEVED was bc of the controversy shrouding yaradua's long absence and the not too good role played by Turai. Speculations were flying as to weda he was still alive or dead and kept secret. The circumstances that made GEJ acting president was charged and many people were afraid military might use dat opportunity to strike and take over, so when the news of his death was released, people wia relieved.

Stop searching for unfounded facts to defend muslims when they do wrong, this is d same reason u people always go back to point hand at Niger delta whenever boko strikes or start blamisng centuries old crusaders when ur muslim brodas commit terrorist act. Stop blaming, look inwards and put ur house in other!

I know your type- those ones with uppity airs who are just swimming in their own hype but don't really have substance. It is not about your English, it is about your mindset. Playing the victim card already.

Throwing words like "fanatic" about in this context does not prove anything more than you have a deep hatred for Islam and Muslims. I can almost guarantee that I know where you come from just by reading your post.

2 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by amosy007: 12:39pm On Dec 21, 2012
aryzgreat: The OP of this thread is talking baldadash! If u think creating thread in islam for muslims is an avenue for u to twist and lie against christians and go scott free, bear it in mind u are making a big mistake even with ur MOD standing by u.

u made a good point man... they even go to the extent of digging out non christians post to drive home their point.... smh for those people

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by aryzgreat: 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

I know your type- those ones with uppity airs who are just swimming in their own hype but don't really have substance. It is not about your English, it is about your mindset. Playing the victim card already.

IGNORED! tongue

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by amosy007: 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

why dont u counter his post if u have something upstair to post instead of attacking his personality angry

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by cold(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
All religions preach peace but are inherently violent. The more religious you become,the more parochial your thinking. Everything is viewed through the prism of Allah or God,hence the divisiveness.
These popular strains of religion have no intrinsic value. They're a colossal waste of time. It doesn't make you a better person neither does it improve your intelligence qoutient. Which is why serious minded countries have dumped it into the relic of the past & are moving ahead at lightning speed. Black man, emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. Religion will be the death of us. Think,people for goodness sakes think! Jheeze!

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by amosy007: 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
aryzgreat:

IGNORED! tongue
now thats a mature way of doing things kudos grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
andromida: When you want to correct your brothers do so without showing them how evil Christians are. Showing them how evil some Christians are just gives legitimacy to their crimes. This thread would have been good but as usual you turned it to a competition between Muslims and Christians. What is wrong is wrong. Period!

Read the article again.....

It is a balance Article,

the Op condemned muslims who celebrate upon other's misfortune, he Also backed it up with quote from the Holy quran.....

He stated Nairaland xtians re not saints in rejoicing upon muslims' misfortune and he provided proves..........

So!!!!!!

Lets stop rejoicing over one another's misfortune and lets start celebrating one another fortune!!! Muheeehee,......mucheche grin
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by amosy007: 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
cold: All religions preach peace but are inherently violent. The more religious you become,the more parochial your thinking. Everything is viewed through the prism of Allah or God,hence the divisiveness.
These popular strains of religion have no intrinsic value. They're a colossal waste of time. It doesn't make you a better person neither does it improve your intelligence qoutient. Which is why serious minded countries have dumped it into the relic of the past & are moving ahead at lightning speed. Black man, emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. Religion will be the death of us. Think,people for goodness sakes think! Jheeze!
my friend... true all religions preach peace but not all religions are peaceful

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
cold: All religions preach peace but are inherently violent. The more religious you become,the more parochial your thinking. Everything is viewed through the prism of Allah or God,hence the divisiveness.

This one consumes his own news, not even CNN says any country in the world is making progress at "ligthening speed" at the moment. The world is in recession this man.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by stuhporh: 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
How did this post hit the front page? Its useless, not informative, its just shiiiiiiii

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
amosy007:
why dont u[b] counter his post[/b] if u have something upstair to post instead of attacking his personality angry

I just did, the personality is defective thereby producing defective reasoning and post. The thread starter gave a detailed analysis of things as he sees them. Next thing that defective thinker calls him a fanatic, I join you with that poster.

Your personalities are aligned in being defective. tongue

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by IBROHIM: 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
Dygeasy: Yall these rantings about religion aren't exactly what we need. The sentimentality against islam in this country is borne out of the fact that the greatest threat to security in this country- bokoharam is an is an islamic sect. True I quite agree with you but many people fail to understand that not all muslims are terrorists and these so called terrorist/bokoharam, we all know from which part of the country they're from. They are mostly violence inclined and short-sighted, always fighting for what they think is the good cause in a wrong way. Seriously, people of other religion, stop these arguments. The bible which you follow says; "do not judge so you won't be judged" or something like that and I think another passage says "remove the speck in your own eyes before removing that in another person's". There is always the bad part to everything so let us all do what we think is right and at the end of it all, we have God up there to judge! Its not really about religion remember that.

I don't know of what religion you belong, I am a muslim and I must admit you've said it all. Plain truth! People are just antagonistic for no just reason. Allah has allowed so many belief to thrive not because if it was his wish he couldn't make us of one belief system.Thank u brother!
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by cold(m): 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

This one consumes his own news, not even CNN says any country in the world is making progress at "ligthening speed" at the moment. The world is in recession this man.
Is this a consolation to continue in your delusions? Is this why you have all chosen to be stagnated rather than moving ahead with the times? Can you please tell me one good thing your religion has done for you all these years you've wasted praying?

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2012
stuhporh: How did this post hit the front page? Its useless, not informative, its just shiiiiiiii

Beacause it says what you don't like and challenges your point of view. It is a simple message, nobody should celebrate the misfortune of others. Many people across different religions are fond of that. Go to another thread if you don't like this one, we have hundreds of thousands of threads for you to visit.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by amosy007: 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

I just did, the personality is defective thereby producing defective reasoning and post. The thread starter gave a detailed analysis of things as he sees them. Next thing that defective thinker calls him a fanatic, I join you with that poster.

Your personalities are aligned in being defective. tongue
what about other points he made to counter the so called poster detailed analysis? why did u ignore those ones and only to answer the one that suit u

okay lemme re quote his point for u again and counter it

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
cold:
Is this a consolation to continue in your delusions? Is this why you have all chosen to be stagnated rather than moving ahead with the times? Can you please tell me one good thing your religion has done for you all these years you've wasted praying?

It has made me kind, gentle, respectful, courteous, chaste, disciplined, focused, fearless, uber-confident, sophisticated... should I continue? tongue

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
amosy007:
what about other points he made to counter the so called poster detailed analysis? why did u ignore those ones and only to answer the one that suit u

okay lemme re quote his point for u again and counter it

There, there my friend. I don't have the time to counter defective points. Well at least not today. Trust me, there are different kinds of Christians and I know how to handle each type. This one you are defending is one of the ignorant ones whom debating with is a waste of time, they have been programmed to believe certain things without thinking for themselves and my God! They do adhere strictly to their programming. I personally call them "Automatons".
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by aryzgreat: 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
franchizy: The problem we are facing today are the christians. They never practice wat there Holy Bible says. They do all sorts of evil to make money. Islam is a religion of peace all over the world. We love ourselves and even love the christians too. We are never violent like the christians. No muslim will ever celebrate the death of any christian but we rather wish there souls well. Boko Haram are the christians who ve turn to use islam to pave ways to there evil deeds. May Allah expose all these evil christians that don't want peace in Nigeria

and when i reply this m0r0n, i get banned by an overzealous MOD. If this "islam for muslims" section is a tool to be used in attacking christians also after doing same in Religion section in collabo with atheist. Then i will write a petition to seun. Use ur section to promote and know more about ur religion not attacking cristians! A word is enough for the wise.

Y bring christianity into this thread? y not use dis thread to tell ur fellow ummahs nt to celebrate "INFIDEL'S death" y bring xtians into it? is islam and xtianity the only religion in Nigeria?

He draws his double edge sharp sword waiting for opportunity to be-head me with a life ban tongue
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
I expect a lot of sparing on this thread but let us keep it civil.

Thank you.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by cold(m): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

It has made me kind, gentle, respectful, courteous, chaste, disciplined, focused, fearless, uber-confident, sophisticated... should I continue? tongue
And in all honesty you wouldn't have achieved all these without religion? Like seriously? Simply goes to show how abysmal your reasoning is. Being good,just,chaste blah blah blah is a state of mind. It's a conscience thing & can't be tied to any religion. Going by your premise,i reckon all those that have plundered this country & those going about blowing up people to smithereens are aliens right? I feel for my peoples cry
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by tintingz(m): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
''5. When the Taraba governors air crash was announced many of the ignorant here on NL believed he was a Muslim and promptly rolled out the drums to celebrate. There excitement was cut short when it was confirmed that he was not of the Muslim faith''. - nagoma

grin true talk here. . .some nairalanders are hypocrites grin

2 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by amosy007: 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

There, there my friend. I don't have the time to counter defective points. Well at least not today. Trust me, there are different kinds of Christians and I know how to handle each type. This one you are defending is one of the ignorant ones whom debating with is a waste of time, they have been programmed to believe certain things without thinking for themselves and my God! They do adhere strictly to their programming. I personally call them "Automatons".

okay am non christian ... but the points he made are good ones to counter what the poster wrote and i will like to hear ur opinion on that .... besides what makes u think he was programmed to believe something and u are not a victim of the same programming undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by iykemyke: 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
[quote author=andromida]When you want to correct your brothers do so without showing them how evil Christians are. Showing them how evil some Christians are just gives legitimacy to their crimes. This thread would have been good but as usual you turned it to a competition between Muslims and Christians. What is wrong is wrong. Period![/quote
well since u turned it into a comptition let me also say muslims celebrate when death befalls a non muslim. Remember 9/11 in united states as an example.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim / Do You Envy People: See How To Deal With It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.