Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? (9784 Views)

Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? / Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
sfactor: @Seun Osewa. seriously watch it. I advice you to stop these religious bigots from using this forum as a means of expressing their myopic and biased view. A thread like this should never make front page.

Do not allow people with very low intelligence to turn your forum into a means to express religious fanaticism and tribal sentiment that further widens the gulf that already divides us.

Beware lest this forum become forgotten like One-box. A word is enough for the wise!

Did you see this thread.
What was your advice to Seun on it when it made FP?

The first quote is the OP. The second is from an independent responder. The 3rd is his justification

https://www.nairaland.com/431142/71-nigerian-muslims-desire-sharia

Kenezi:
71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria
http://pewforum.org/newassets/images/reports/sub-saharan-africa/sub-saharan-africa-full-report.pdf
Shocking!!

4 Play: Scroll down to page 19 of the file, it says that 70% of Christians in Nigeria would like the Bible to be the law of the land. The irony of the hysteria of this thread is remarkable.

Kenezi: It doesn't matter if 100% of Christians want "Bible" to be the law, because "Bible" is not a law nor does it have any legal system, code or leaning, unlike the sharia system. There is no comparison between the Bible and sharia law, so I didn't see the need to mention it.
Use your head.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by DCONE1(m): 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2012
THIS TREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED IT NOT LEADING US TO ANYWHERE.

THREAD CLOSED.

THREAD CLOSED.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2012
buJu-234:
to the Muslims in the house ... DID MOHAMMED FIGHT WAR & KILL PEOPLE; true or false[/b]

to the Christians in the house...[b] DID JESUS FIGHT WAR & KILL PEOPLE; true or false
[color=#990000][/color]

I think the answer to the question above show answer while one religion is violence and the other is peacefulll...
Do you really believe that this says anything to 6m jews who died in the hands of a Christian who had a customised Bible
or the 20m+ Chinese who died in the Christian Tai Pin rebellion
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by DCONE1(m): 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
DC-ONE:
THIS TREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED IT NOT LEADING US TO ANYWHERE.

THREAD CLOSED.

THREAD CLOSED.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by ParisLove2(f): 6:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
tbaba1234: ^Every natural disaster serves as a reminder for humans (our weakness) and a warning for the last day.

I made a general comment, not one specific to any disaster or people. The thread was just a reflection on the winds and how we should think about the winds.

Now you came here presenting it like i said hurricane sandy was some kind of punishment/ warning to the Americans. That i find disgusting and a distortion of the purpose of that thread.

Again, make your points without LIES. I would have some respect for you if you can at least be truthful when making assertions.

You can shout lies from now till thy kingdom come i don't care, the topic of your thread even gives you out. Also there you mentioned how Allah destroyed city of Ad like with something similar like hurricane Sandy. What then are you trying to say? If you feel like denying what you said, that it means another thing well i apologize for that. It was very naïve of me to think that Sandy itself was the main punishment not knowing it was just a warning. Wow, hope am forgiven? smiley

Great, now with all this doom looming, America is the last place where you or any Muslim would want to be. My instincts tells me Saudi would be the safest place so when you relocating? Am sure you don't wanna be caught in the crossfire when the annihilation begins and be termed...what's it called again...erm..collateral damage?
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by ParisLove2(f): 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
tintingz: @paris lover you are very sick quoting this to your crap post...
Lol, dealing with Muslims living in self denial is not something i signed up for today. Wow 3 and counting...

Lord have mercy grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by emmacity2: 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2012
why are they happy 4 persons death
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by tbaba1234: 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
Y are you so dishonest?

I was in the middle of a hurricane and created a post reflecting on winds.throughout the post, I just talked about winds in general. I didn't even mention sandy.

You got caught lying, a decent person will apologize n it is forgotten.

I have never rejoiced over anyone's tragedy. How can I rejoice over a tragedy that I was in the middle of.

Honesty is useful trait, learn it.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
aryzgreat: Mr born liar, Is this the Al takiya they thought u people? To lie in defence of ur religion is a noble cause. Its noble indeed to lie!
Anybody reading your post would assume that you detest lying
The first time I came across you I was shocked at the extent you could go to defend a lie
Everybody who read a post by Christian (StJudas who was busy abusing Muslims on Dec 4) who posed as a Muslim (on Dec 14) to justify the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut at first believe he was a Muslim
When I checked his profile, it became obvious that he is a Christian who put Allah Akbar in his post and proceeded to say very hateful things. When I exposed this, you came up with a lot of excuses to insist that the man is a Christian. At that moment I gave up on you. To hedge your bet, you said you attacked him (for what? for being a Muslim; not for impersonating Muslims!)
Looks like you still believe that you can still lay claim to being an observer of the truth

aryzgreat: And u ruled out the possibility that he might be a new muslim convert huh or an atheist? A xtian call fellow xtians INFIDEL and it sound ryt to ur islamic reasoning? If all the attack he got is not enough caution, i wonder what u want us to do to him. Unlike ur muslim brodas dat turn the 19 terrorists of 9/11 attack to HEROES and MARTYRS

aryzgreat: No he is a muslim impostor! A terrorist 4 dat matter! xtians dont chant allahu akbar
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 8:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
aryzgreat: The OP of this thread is talking baldadash! If u think creating thread in islam for muslims is an avenue for u to twist and lie against christians and go scott free, bear it in mind u are making a big mistake even with ur MOD standing by u.

Get this facts straight into ur fanatic brain.

1. When u rejoice over the death of ur Govnor not because he is a tyrant or non-performer but because u see him as an INFIDEL and makes it a celebration there is a difference btwn that and rejoicing when a tyrant like abacha died and both xtians and muslims see it as God's intervention even if its not.

Please if you can quote just one post where I used insulting words, I will bring 10 of yours. I will still apologise for that one post.
Now show me where we called the man an infidel. BTW your Bible expressly calls us infidel

aryzgreat:
2. When yaradua died NO XTIAN celebrated it cos yaradua was performing even in the face of his sickness, yaradua was never a muslim fanatic. if there was any report of celebration, quote it. Why it looked as if some people got RELIEVED was bc of the controversy shrouding yaradua's long absence and the not too good role played by Turai. Speculations were flying as to weda he was still alive or dead and kept secret. The circumstances that made GEJ acting president was charged and many people were afraid military might use dat opportunity to strike and take over, so when the news of his death was released, people wia relieved.

This is a rebuttal from another Christian. I don't agree with everything he says. But as a Christian he has debunked your "No Christian celebrated" myth

http://www..com/talk/?action=printpage;topic=36605.0
http://www.waado.org/NigerDelta/Essays/ilagha/post_presidential_installation/niger_delta_capital.htm

DANILSA: I DID NOT WANT TO COMMENT ON THE USELESS THREAD BASED ON HOW THE OP INTRODUCED THE TOPIC WITH BIAS, BUT WHEN I SAW YOUR POST I HAD NO OPTION THAN TO AGREE WITH YOU CAUSE YOUR COMMENT WAS NEUTRAL AND DEVOID OF TRIBALISM AND ETHNIC BIGOTRY. KUDOS.

1. BALEWA DIED- SOME IGBOS WERE HAPPY
2. OJUKWU DIED- SOME HAUSA AND YORUBAS WERE HAPPY

3. YAR ADUA DIED- SOME NIGER DELTANS WERE HAPPY
4. AWOLOWO DIED- SOME IGBOS AND HAUSAS WERE HAPPY
5. ABACHA DIED- MANY NIGERIANS AND CHRISTIANS WERE HAPPY
6. YAKOWA DIED- SOME MUSLIMS WERE HAPPY
7. IF T.A OJ DIES. SOME ABIANS WILL BE HAPPY
8. OP IF YOU DIE SOME PEOPLE AGAINST THE THREAD WILL BE HAPPY.
ITS JUST A NATURAL PHENOMENA FOR PEOPLE TO REJOICE WHEN THEIR PERCEIVED ENEMIES DIE, ALTHOUGH SOMETIMES IT MIGHT NOT BE NOTICED BUT IT HAPPENS.

aryzgreat:
Stop searching for unfounded facts to defend muslims when they do wrong, this is d same reason u people always go back to point hand at Niger delta whenever boko strikes or start blamisng centuries old crusaders when ur muslim brodas commit terrorist act. Stop blaming, look inwards and put ur house in other!if he likes let him ban me and hide my msg

Quote where I have justified BH with MEND activities. Just one.
BH is a hateful and senseless menace. Muslims are united in their condemnation of BH. BH is a tiny minority that, were it not for their violence, would never merit any attention.

But when BH strikes, pls attack BH because we did not attack Christianity when Rev King burnt some people for fornication.
We did not blame the Rev who was conducting virginity tests on Christianity. If it had been done by a Muslim, you guys would have found a link between it and Islam
But if you say Islam is violent etc, then we remind of the history of Christianity. Fair enough

2 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Metallurgist: 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
Its nod secret that xtain ar taugh to hate islam, that why an article with such truth as this is still disputed, deaf, dumb and blind and they will neva return, to find a person so naive and selfish as xtain is very hard, they forget the attrocities they commit during the crusade or how the kill by burning on stake all hard core traditionalist in europe or burn any one that bring any scientific notion that oppose the church or how they used churches as dead traps to fellow xtains in rwanda.... So much to site. But as my ppl used to say fault is a steping stone where u step on ur own to discuss others faults

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2012
xtayle: He's right! Mishkat made us understand that those who died while fighting for Allah will attain the highest place in paradise. It also says that anyone who died without fighting for Allah or without feeling it was his responsibility to fight will be guilty of hypocrisy.

Your country NEEDS YOU!
So was it wrong for young Britons to enlsit to fight the Battle of Britain
All over the world, countries pay special attention to their soldiers who die defendinf their country
But it is a sin for a Muslim to defend Islam against attack!
So why do Christians defend their countries and forbid Muslims from doing so?

xtayle: Q47:4 asks muslims to strike non muslims on d neck until they are dead or surrender to Islam.
You have misquoted that verse
And do muslims just grab people on the streets
Or fight in wars?
War is something that most Christian countries in North America and Europe are researching to make killing efficient
So do they kill or not?

xtayle: So if you won't fight or kill, you are not obeying the core tenets of islam and that makes u a fake muslim or hypocrite. Just defending a religion because u are born into it and I really don't know what people like that are doing being a muslim.

Incorrect. You are not obeying Allah, if you refuse the call of the leader of your country to defend Islam
This is what is called draft dodging or desertion in western countries
Why is it strange for Muslims do it

xtayle: Real Muslims kill their daughters who dates non-muslims. If u ask them they say she wants to bring shame upon Allah and his messenger. So the solution is death. If muslim or non-muslim offends d core Islamic community, they declare fatwa putting a death sentence and price tag upon him/her. So killing is a fundamental brick block in the foundation of islam

Daughters? Can you give me examples? and where it is required in the Qur'an or ahadeeth?
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:
I think so too.
I'm scared of muslim brothers
Are you one of em?
And you walk freely in a country where there are millions of Muslims?
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
Our thought is so shallow, I doubt if it is capable of anything else apart from religion!
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by nagoma(m): 10:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
@Batathings;

Don't waste your time on those hypocrites who think their religion of singing and dancing is the same as the religion of Jesus ( AS) . They have 3 gods , the father the son and the spirit. They dance Azonto suggestive moves with half naked women in what they call service of God. The bandit pastors come to tell them about prosperity ( meaning money) and rip them off their savings in exchange for fake miracles . The pastors laugh all the way to the bank and end up competing in the purchase of jets. This is the summary of their religion of greed and trick stars and money doublers. When Jesus returns, he will surely not recognize Azonto and Kukere dancers and money doublers as his followers.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by thorpido(m): 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Jesus was a Muslim. That will tell you that you are confused and have no religion. If you are not a Muslim, you are not for Jesus (AS). tongue
Jesus was a muslim?Haba!Prophet Muhammed was nt born until many years after Jesus had left the earth.How can Jesus be a muslim when Muhammed had nt even been born.Now this is just the height of it.No wonder!

2 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by goodest11: 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
Plz OP wen nxt u post a sensible culum dnt border reply to ple comment!d sensible ones will only read N take corrections.y others will comment 4 comment sake
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 12:17am On Dec 22, 2012
thorpido: Jesus was a muslim?Haba!Prophet Muhammed was nt born until many years after Jesus had left the earth.How can Jesus be a muslim when Muhammed had nt even been born.Now this is just the height of it.No wonder!

And what makes you think Islam started with Jesus (AS) or Prophet Muhammad (SAW)? What you think is not a fact. Search for the fact my shocked poster.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 12:35am On Dec 22, 2012
joseph1832: @poster I admire your research spirit! However it proved one sided cos you also tried to shield muslims in this post, forgetting the dastardly and abhorrent acts committed by many of them. True christians celebrated the death of Yaradua and so did muslims when Yokowa died! Remember some muslims even protested he (Yakowa) wasn't made governor when Sambo was appointed vice President.

Thanks. My post is based on what I saw over the weekend on NL. Christians opened a thread to accuse Muslims of celebrating the death of Yakowa. There was no source (link to a newspaper report) and the accusations and abuse of Islam raged for long.
I knew that some Christians in PH celebrated when Yaradua died. Muslims did not open a thread then to denigrate them
So why now? And I can prove that Christians have abused Muslims on NL far more than Muslims have done.
Even if the issue is not related to BH. They abuse us, call Allah and His Prophet (PBUH) names

joseph1832: What is good is good and what is bad is bad. Today I will tell you and every other person that christians and muslims are the root cause of all Nigerias problems, you guys allow religious sentiment to cloud your sense or reasoning and this has proved to be an anathema to Nigeria.

Religion tends to harden position. But believe me, it has helped me
I used to put those who snubbed me on a lifelong "no-talk/greetings" status. Islam has taught me that is wrong
I would personally like to see ra.pi.sts castrated. Islam forbids it
I would like to cut off family members who have been very unfair to me. But somebody showed me a hadith says I should not sever ties of kinship
There are indeed verses of the Qur'an used to justify violence. But I am convinced that those guys are are wrong
I have never conducted any act of violence because of Islam

joseph1832: If you check my posts on nairaland, I have consistently hammered on pastors and christians and their annoying behaviour, I was born a christian "charity they say begins at home" like I earlier said, what's good's good and what's bad bad. Karl Marx said" Religion is the Opium of the people". I stand by his quote.

Religion is contentious. It can easily be abused. In Nigeria, it has been used to bring misery to innocent people
It does not have to be that way
I cannot understand Boko Haram's mission and strategy
Nobody can force me into Christianity but BH believe they can cower Christians into embracing Islam
I cannot understand why. Perhaps there are other motives
But personally I believe that Muslims and Christians can live together
However when I read posts on NL, I am troubled. Even a Gov of a state with Christian majority implies that Muslims want to kill him and other Christian Govs (check the FP). But a Muslim will not take over if he dies
Is he trying to draw sympathy for his non-performance?

Thanks, once again for your observations

2 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 1:14am On Dec 22, 2012
Mavor: @OP, stop quoting your book here. Look at the actions of your muslim brothers. period.
Yes, pathetic when you look at Boko Haram'
But my brothers in Libya are so good that Christians did not want to return home even during the war
In the land of my brothers in Dubai, you hear on the streets a Nigerian language associated with a tribe that is predominantly christian
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 5:59am On Dec 22, 2012
donroxy:

Read the article again.....

It is a balance Article,

the Op condemned muslims who celebrate upon other's misfortune, he Also backed it up with quote from the Holy quran.....

He stated Nairaland xtians re not saints in rejoicing upon muslims' misfortune and he provided proves..........

So!!!!!!

Lets stop rejoicing over one another's misfortune and lets start celebrating one another fortune!!! Muheeehee,......mucheche grin
na lie, u got it all twisted. The op actually made d mistake of saying dat d moslem brodas do correct the erring moslem brodas while d christian brodas fail to do so to the erring christian broda. D op just betrayed his emotions by showing his biased stance. A muslim will always be a moslem ie very simple, islam will always be known for wat it stands, don't ask me wat? And moslems will always be dat thing islam stands for, don't ask me wat? And I'l always believe wat I know about islam, don't ask me wat? And I'l always hate dat religion, don't ask me wat religion? But meanwhile am playing psquare alingo and terry G loose control and ie making too much sense, don't ask me wat sense?

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 9:42am On Dec 22, 2012
Movingcoil: na lie, u got it all twisted. The op actually made d mistake of saying dat d moslem brodas do correct the erring moslem brodas while d christian brodas fail to do so to the erring christian broda. D op just betrayed his emotions by showing his biased stance. A muslim will always be a moslem ie very simple, islam will always be known for wat it stands, don't ask me wat? And moslems will always be dat thing islam stands for, don't ask me wat? And I'l always believe wat I know about islam, don't ask me wat? And I'l always hate dat religion, don't ask me wat religion? But meanwhile am playing psquare alingo and terry G loose control and ie making too much sense, don't ask me wat sense?

And a christian will always be what?
And Christians show no bias?
Show no emotions?

No point running commentaries.
Let us pitch facts against one another
No falsehood (emotions are allowed); but no falsehood
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 22, 2012
BetaThings:

And a christian will always be what?
And Christians show no bias?
Show no emotions?

No point running commentaries.
Let us pitch facts against one another
No falsehood (emotions are allowed); but no falsehood
was I asking U or didn't u see wer I said don't ask me anytn. Itz just rhetoric or is ur conscience telling u anytn? U can just spill it wid'ot quoting me
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:45am On Dec 22, 2012
The muslim brothers have deleted my post.....

Is this how things work in this section?

Where freedom of expression?

What mods are doing here pass PDP style.

See no evil Hear no evil.

I bow out with my head up high.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by joseph1832(m): 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
@Poster: Another excellent analysis, but like I rightly said "charity begins at home" you made mention of Christians posting all sorts of stuff about muslims and their actions and how that prompted you to post this thread.

However the case, I have also witness muslims say all sorts of vile and contemptous things about christians but never have I raised by voice to say kabuto regetta menta on their utterances.

You should focus on your brothers and live whatever christians say to christians afterall they don't and can't know your religion more than you.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by caukerzee(m): 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2012
BetaThings:
Do you really believe that this says anything to 6m jews who died in the hands of a Christian who had a customised Bible
or the 20m+ Chinese who died in the Christian Tai Pin rebellion
Now compare that to the number of christians and non-muslims that have been kill by muslim extremist in the last decade alone. Mtchewww.....
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2012
caukerzee: Now compare that to the number of christians and non-muslims that have been kill by muslim extremist in the last decade alone. Mtchewww.....
Whenever BH strikes I feel very very bad because I don't want anyone deciding how and when I would die
Of course, everything is in the hands of Allah, I just don't want a misguided person being part of the process
BH is making understanding and the normal invitation to Islam more difficult

But don't let us use body count. To the family of the people killed it is not 1 or 2, it is 100%
But in the last decade do you think Muslims have killed 100,000 non-muslims?
No I don't want 100 let alone 100,000. But Christians have killed more
Just look at Iraq
But best to avoid armed conflict
We can fight this verbal war on NL, still much better and easier to resolve than a lot of empty beds at home
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2012
amosy007:
buahhahahahahahaha just as i thought! nothing to proof ...only here to speak gibberish... for ur information, am not an atheist and am open to any religion that can proof itself ... btw dont insult people personalty if u have nothing to counter the person. it will only make u look dumb.. no offense grin grin

Good that you are not at the bottom of the pile. I doubt that I would want to 'proof' anything to you though. Mind your grammar first, it will be difficult for you to understand anything if you can't differentiate a noun from a verb.

Intellectual minions asking to be impressed with knowledge are quite plentiful here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Story Of The Pearl Necklace – By Dr. Saleh As-saleh / Introduction To Tawheed. / Hajj Commission Suspends All Flights To Mecca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.