Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? (9802 Views)

Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? / Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by ParisLove2(f): 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
This thread is very fallacious and biased and the OP being a Muslim, it's no surprise at all. At first he admitted that muslims do celebrate the misfortunes of others but when they do it they're committing sins, he also pointed out that christians do the same but somehow wants us to believe when they're doing it, they're not committing any sins. Then he pointed there are those who call them to order still that's not enough for him.

Then he went ahead to quote anonymous posters that somehow feels hard done by muslims. Like this one
ZUBY77:
For Gowon - Pharoh, not letting my people biafra go,
Ten plagues will befall them like the Egyptians.
1 - Fulani killers
2 - cold weather
3 - boko haram
4 - floods
Dont cry yet, more six are the way. Until Gowon kneels down and beg the innocent civilians who died because they wanted freedom

But then again this is an anonymous site, how are we sure you're not the one using multiple ids to make such comments so that you'll use it later on to prove that Christians are bad? Also what makes you think that anyone that's not a muslims automatically becomes a Christian? In his desperate attempt to make useless points he also quoted a pagan. Is a pagan now a Christian?
PAGAN 9JA(m):
Pastor AIO: Shango Vs Allah
Or it it Indra vs Allah
True Talk.
Indra/Shango win! grin
this is desperately ridiculous!

Then he went ahead to claim that Muslims don't insult religious leaders, that they don't have such double standard. Is either the OP is ignorant to make such claims or intellectually dishonest.

Just few days ago the mod of this section declared they're no more genuine pastors
MeGaStReEt:
Are you trying to say there is no genuine pastor/prophet anymore?
maclatunji:

I say so unequivocally.
https://www.nairaland.com/1137947/how-feel-when-stranger-pastor/1

Doesn't that mean that are the religious leaders that non muslims have are fake? Imagine if a non muslim come here and declare that muhammad is a fake Prophet, the number of years he would ban him.

Then he went ahead to quote 41:34, the same verse that his own Prophet threw under the train when he attacked other tribes that were allegedly going to attack him, the same man that had adulterers stoned to death and cut off the hands and feet of those who had stolen his camels and he had their eyes put out by fire (heated nails). What's the cause of this incosistencies? Whatever happened to repel evil with good

Everyday muslims quote Quran and hadiths to justify the murder of non muslims worldwide, one would think that's the highest for of blasphemy but we don't see any outrage like we usually see when a movie or cartoon pops up. In front of this persecution what does Jesus teach?
"Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous" (Matthew 5:44-45, NIV).

Talk the talk and walk the talk, even on the cross, Jesus prayed for those that persecute him. "Father, forgive them, for theydo not know what they do."
Gospel of Luke 23:34

What about Muslims? Shortly after hurricane sandy struck, Muslims leaders and those on this forum like Tbaba and Lagoshia declared that's it's a punishment and warning from Allah. https://www.nairaland.com/1087306/hurricane-sandy-reflecting-winds
And https://www.nairaland.com/1093172/hurricane-sandy-divine-punishment-america

tintingz: It is both punishment and natural disaster......them never see anything this just the begining hurricane brandy is still coming the twin sister to hurricane sandy.....let them prepare for this tho i never pray for this to happen...

And so many others like it, even Muslims celebrate when evil before their fellows. Take for example how muslims celebrated after Gadaffi died.

And after the death of crown prince,
"2012, June 27th. Saudi Shite Cleric Nimr Al-Nimr: “Where is [Crown Prince] Nayef’s army now? Will it protect him from the Angel of Death? Where are his intelligence agencies? Where are his officers? Can they protect him from the Angel of Death? He will be eaten by worms and suffer the torments of Hell in his grave. Why doesn’t a king retire when the time comes? Must the Angel of Death come to take his soul? Nayef did not retire, so the Angel of Death had to take his soul to rid us of him. …Allah be praised! May He take their lives, one after the other – the Saud, Khalifa, and Al-Assad dynasties.”

Ah, the heart-warming expressions of brotherly love between Sunni and Shia. It’s obviously a match made in (the Islamic) heaven."

Surah9:113 It is not fitting for the prophet and those who believe that they should pray for forgiveness for unbelievers even though they be of kin

Since you're not allowed to pray for unbelievers including their dead ones not even say RIP what should a muslim do if not celebrate? smiley

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by sododo(m): 3:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
I JST WANT TO CORRECT THIS GUY BY SAYING MUSLIMS CELEBRATED DURING THE DEATH OF GOV. PATRICK YEKOWA, U CAN ONLY SAY'S THAT SOME MUSLIMS IN KADUNA STOP GENERALIZE THAT MUSLIMS, HOW MANY MUSLIMS IN THE WORLD KNOWS YEKOWA LET ALONE IN NIGERIA.I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPEN BETWEEN THE MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS IN KADUNA STATE THAT BROUGHT THIS.SO STOP GENERALIZE THE INCLUSION OF MUSLIMS IN THIS MATTERS.PLEASE
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
salt 1: I don't begrudge Muslims their desire to defend their faith but must the defence be hinged on a comparison with Christianity?
Muslims celebrate the death of Yakowa but instead of calling his brothers to order, he opens a thread showing that so-called xtians (some who are professed atheists) also rejoiced at Muslim misfortunes.
BH strikes and the defence is that several centuries ago, xtians also carried out crusades.
Some Muslims misbehave and they are defended by fellow Muslims who compare their conduct with xtians
Does Islam borrow its morality from xtianity? Women wearing hijab is compared to Catholic nuns without the proviso that one is voluntary while the other is mandatory.
Why all these comparisons? Call ur people to order and leave xtians alone. There is no thread in the christian's forum that asks Muslims to also obey the canons. So write for Muslims and leave us out of your issues. Soon you'll complain of bashing Islam whereas you ask for it. Defend your religion to your followers. Xtians don't need it. We already know you TOO WELL by your actions. Don't continue to add salt to injury. It's an insult on our intelligence

You didn't even read OP's post or if you read it you didn't understand it.
OP wasn't simply trying to justify the actions of the people rejoicing by claiming that Christians do the same thing, he was stating that Islam does not encourage rejoicing at misfortune of others and he posted quotes that contained people of other faith rejoicing at the death of Muslims.
He didn't say these people were right either, he just wanted to point out that anyone can do something like that and when they do these things, it doesn't mean that their religion supports their actions.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by ParisLove2(f): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2012
Schadenfreude

is the act or emotion of takingpleasure in the misfortunes of others. The word is from the German meaning "harm joy" , as a noun, it is capitalised in German, but not usually in English . [2] While in its simplest form,it is a feeling of relief or gratitude at not havingmisfortune befall oneself and does not represent an active desire for harm to befall others, it can be malicious. Schadenfreude is usually considered mean-spirited, notably by those whom the joke is on the misfortune befalls, and is a form of sadism .

Who does it? Well, everyone. No, seriously; everyone to greater or lesser extent. Yes, you too.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Schadenfreude
Am out
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by salt1: 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
fellis:

You didn't even read OP's post or if you read it you didn't understand it.
OP wasn't simply trying to justify the actions of the people rejoicing by claiming that Christians do the same thing, he was stating that Islam does not encourage rejoicing at misfortune of others and he posted quotes that contained people of other faith rejoicing at the death of Muslims.
He didn't say these people were right either, he just wanted to point out that anyone can do something like that and when they do these things, it doesn't mean that their religion supports their actions.

I did read the post and even tho my understanding of English must be way below yours, I think I understood him.
My position is simple: leave xtians out of your comparisons. If you want to talk to fellow Muslims, go ahead and do so. The xtians don't need his advice. He hasn't EARNED the right to talk to them. It is irritating. Let him succeed first with his fellow muslims
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by nagoma(m): 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
salt 1:

I did read the post and even tho my understanding of English must be way below yours, I think I understood him.
My position is simple: leave xtians out of your comparisons. If you want to talk to fellow Muslims, go ahead and do so. The xtians don't need his advice. He hasn't EARNED the right to talk to them. It is irritating. Let him succeed first with his fellow muslims

So you want to talk down on muslims and you don't want muslims to point out your double standard approach to issues.Isn't that typical Mr. Christian?
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by nagoma(m): 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ikoniko: the jubiliation of muslim youth in kaduna ova d death of yakowa is a clear indication dat muslim always rejoice @ d misfortune of odas.
It looks like you learnt to write but cannot read.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
salt 1:

If you want to talk to fellow Muslims, go ahead and do so. The xtians don't need his advice. [size=15pt]He hasn't EARNED the right to talk to them[/size]. It is irritating. Let him succeed first with his fellow muslims

grin grin grin grin grin

looooolzzzzz

You guyz must be like some super duper superior and important set of people

My position is simple: leave xtians out of your comparisons.

You can't tell other people what to post and what not to post on Nairaland, Mr. Lieutenant Commander.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
buJu-234:
to the Muslims in the house ... DID MOHAMMED FIGHT WAR & KILL PEOPLE; true or false[/b]

to the Christians in the house...[b] DID JESUS FIGHT WAR & KILL PEOPLE; true or false
[color=#990000][/color]

I think the answer to the question above show answer while one religion is violence and the other is peacefulll...

Jesus was a Muslim. That will tell you that you are confused and have no religion. If you are not a Muslim, you are not for Jesus (AS). tongue
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by xtayle(m): 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

There is little to be understood here, it seems you are just making random comments that make you feel good about yourself.

He's right! Mishkat made us understand that those who died while fighting for Allah will attain the highest place in paradise. It also says that anyone who died without fighting for Allah or without feeling it was his responsibility to fight will be guilty of hypocrisy.

Q47:4 asks muslims to strike non muslims on d neck until they are dead or surrender to Islam.

So if you won't fight or kill, you are not obeying the core tenets of islam and that makes u a fake muslim or hypocrite. Just defending a religion because u are born into it and I really don't know what people like that are doing being a muslim.

Real Muslims kill their daughters who dates non-muslims. If u ask them they say she wants to bring shame upon Allah and his messenger. So the solution is death. If muslim or non-muslim offends d core Islamic community, they declare fatwa putting a death sentence and price tag upon him/her. So killing is a fundamental brick block in the foundation of islam
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
Paris-Love:
Schadenfreude

is the act or emotion of takingpleasure in the misfortunes of others. The word is from the German meaning "harm joy" , as a noun, it is capitalised in German, but not usually in English . [2] While in its simplest form,it is a feeling of relief or gratitude at not havingmisfortune befall oneself and does not represent an active desire for harm to befall others, it can be malicious. Schadenfreude is usually considered mean-spirited, notably by those whom the joke is on the misfortune befalls, and is a form of sadism .

Who does it? Well, everyone. No, seriously; everyone to greater or lesser extent. Yes, you too.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Schadenfreude
Am out

You see that your long epistle is just a waste of time. Someone asked a question, I gave a categorical answer based on my knowledge and you want to cry? Please cry on. Your thoughts are your thoughts and my words are my words. tongue
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 4:02pm On Dec 21, 2012
xtayle:

He's right! Mishkat made us understand that those died while fighting for Allah will attain the highest place in paradise. It also says that anyone who died without fighting for Allah or without feeling it was his responsibility to fight will be guilty of hypocrisy.

Q47:4 asks muslims to strike non muslims on d neck until they are dead or surrender to Islam.

So if you won't fight or kill, you are not obeying the core tenets of islam and that makes u a fake muslim or hypocrite. Just defending a religion because u are born into it and I really don't know what people like that are doing being a muslim.

Real Muslims kill their daughters who dates non-muslims. If u ask them they say she wants to bring shame upon Allah and his messenger. So the solution is death. If muslim or non-muslim offends d core Islamic community, they declare fatwa putting a death sentence and price tag upon him/her. So killing is a fundamental brick block in the foundation of islam

Same old propaganda. Overflogged severally on Nairaland, try again later.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by caukerzee(m): 4:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
nagoma:

So you want to talk down on muslims and you don't want muslims to point out your double standard approach to issues.Isn't that typical Mr. Christian?
Dont act so dumb. Why does the op have to bring comparism to justify the acts of his fellow muslims?
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by xtayle(m): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Same old propaganda. Overflogged severally on Nairaland, try again later.

Shout it down, lock it up and throw d keys away, it remains the hard truth. Muslim don't want to hear it because its not defendable. You are no different from d rest.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by xtayle(m): 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Jesus was a Muslim. That will tell you that you are confused and have no religion. If you are not a Muslim, you are not for Jesus (AS). tongue

What makes Jesus a Muslim? Is it because he was mentioned in d quran?
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by tbaba1234: 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
Paris-Love:

What about Muslims? Shortly after hurricane sandy struck, Muslims leaders and those on this forum like Tbaba and Lagoshia declared that's it's a punishment and warning from Allah. https://www.nairaland.com/1087306/hurricane-sandy-reflecting-winds
And https://www.nairaland.com/1093172/hurricane-sandy-divine-punishment-america

I never ever said the hurricane sandy was a punishment... You do not have to lie to promote your point. I was in New york when the hurricane hit. I am very disgusted by this claim. Even Lagosshia did not make any comment of this kind.

I wrote a piece on reflecting on the winds, where did i say the hurricane sandy was a punishment??

https://www.nairaland.com/1087306/hurricane-sandy-reflecting-winds

Make your point without spreading lies.

I am not one to gloat over the suffering of another, muslim or non-muslim.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by tbaba1234: 4:31pm On Dec 21, 2012
xtayle:

What makes Jesus a Muslim? Is it because he was mentioned in d quran?

A muslim is one who submits to the will of God. We believe that Jesus submitted to the will of the one who sent him.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by ParisLove2(f): 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

You see that your long epistle is just a waste of time. Someone asked a question, I gave a categorical answer based on my knowledge and you want to cry? Please cry on. Your thoughts are your thoughts and my words are my words. tongue
Lol so what's this thread all about? Shouldn't the same thing be applied to all those atheists and pagans OP quoted to discredit Christians? Any way your thoughts are irrelevant, just quoted it to show betathings ignorance or hypocrisy. tongue
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by ParisLove2(f): 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
tbaba1234:

I never ever said the hurricane sandy was a punishment... You do not have to lie to promote your point. I was in New york when the hurricane hit. I am very disgusted by this claim. Even Lagosshia did not make any comment of this kind.

I wrote a piece on reflecting on the winds, where did i say the hurricane sandy was a punishment??

https://www.nairaland.com/1087306/hurricane-sandy-reflecting-winds

Make your point without spreading lies.

I am not one to gloat over the suffering of another, muslim or non-muslim.

You said it's a warning. What da heck is that supposed to mean? A warning to do what? Stop making anti islam films? So Americans don't heed that warning then what? Whether you were disgusted or not i don't care, that as well is irrelevant to me.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by tbaba1234: 4:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
Paris-Love:

You said it's a warning. What da heck is that supposed to mean? A warning to do what? Stop making anti islam films? So Americans don't heed that warning then what? Whether you were disgusted or not i don't care, that as well is irrelevant to me.

Again I never said that;

I wrote a piece reflecting on winds in general:

This is what i said:

It serves as a reminder as well as a warning, every natural disaster reminds us of how weak we are and acts as a warning for the day.

There is a tree in front of my house right now and it is not standing ...

I made a general comment.

I was right in the middle of the hurricane dude... Please do not lie about things.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Anywhere there is muslim,there are bound to be terrorism.

It goes hand in hand.
So what is terrorism?
Officially, Mandela was a terrorist throughout the apartheid years
He was in the US book of terrorists until 2008

So define terrorism for us. because I am looking for it in the Muslim countries of UAE, Qatar, Oman etc
And I am trying to understand what is happening in the christian country of DCR which has been in crisis for decades
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
tbaba1234:

Again I never said that;

This is what i said:

I was right in the middle of the hurricane dude... Please do not lie about things.

The rumour has it that Paris is actually a babe!
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by tbaba1234: 4:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
^whatever he/she should get his/her facts right...
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
amosy007:
while the muslims are super hypocrites that leave the crime of their brothers only to judge others
Can you bring the statistics?
Please let us use COLD FACTS, rather than emotion
we can count threads on NL to start with
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by ParisLove2(f): 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
tbaba1234:

Again I never said that;

This is what i said:

Why on earth would i lie when just quoted yourself saying it's a warning? I guess the H.sandy was the appetizer, real desert is still coming.

God well...bless America
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by tbaba1234: 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
^Every natural disaster serves as a reminder for humans (our weakness) and a warning for the last day.

I made a general comment, not one specific to any disaster or people. The thread was just a reflection on the winds and how we should think about the winds.

Now you came here presenting it like i said hurricane sandy was some kind of punishment/ warning to the Americans. That i find disgusting and a distortion of the purpose of that thread.

Again, make your points without LIES. I would have some respect for you if you can at least be truthful when making assertions.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
igbeke:
dat may be true but certainly not under d umbrella of christianity.
most christians actually put his recovery b4 GOD in prayers, regardless d fact dat he was a muslim. my church is a gud example of such.
And there is proof of all your claims?
So where is the proof that majority of muslims don't pray for our leaders?
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by tintingz(m): 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
@paris lover
tintingz::
It is both punishment
and natural disaster......them
never see anything this just the begining hurricane brandy is still coming the twin sister to hurricane sandy.....let them
prepare for this tho i never
pray for this to happen...
you are very sick quoting this to your crap post...
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by DCONE1(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
HOW DID THIS GET TO THE FRONT PAGE.....!!!

Please what is the AIM OF THIS THREAD...is it to bring unity or destruction and quarell....Op what are you going to gain from this thread....which evil force is controlling you....you just love to see two religious group to quarell,debate and insult each other....will that give you fufilment.... ? Instead of you to think of a way to promote peace and Unity in Nigeria you see what you are doing.......

I THINK THIS TREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED...SEUN WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
salt 1: I don't begrudge Muslims their desire to defend their faith but must the defence be hinged on a comparison with Christianity?
Muslims celebrate the death of Yakowa but instead of calling his brothers to order, he opens a thread showing that so-called xtians (some who are professed atheists) also rejoiced at Muslim misfortunes.

Ok. I concede that I did not know that Zubby was not a Christian
I used the Qur'an to point out what we are supposed to do.
That is enough for any Muslim to know that even when people do certain things you are not supposed to retaliate

salt 1:
BH strikes and the defence is that several centuries ago, xtians also carried out crusades.
Some Muslims misbehave and they are defended by fellow Muslims who compare their conduct with xtians

Please provide proof that we justify the atrocities of extremists

salt 1:
Does Islam borrow its morality from xtianity? Women wearing hijab is compared to Catholic nuns without the proviso that one is voluntary while the other is mandatory.

This is sophistry. Pure and simple
Every religion has mandatory acts
Hijab is mandatory. So whoever wants to obey Allah will wear it. Not wearing it is a sin
Fasting in Ramadan is mandatory. So whoever wants to obey Allah will fast in Ramadan. Not fasting in Ramadan is a sin
But don't tell me that you have not seen that majority of muslim ladies don't wear the hijab. they know it is compulsory
They even opened a thread here on NL to discuss it

BTW Can I be nun and elect to dress like some film star?

salt 1: Why all these comparisons? Call ur people to order and leave xtians alone. There is no thread in the christian's forum that asks Muslims to also obey the canons.
Did we ask you to obey the Qur'an? No. We use the Qur'an to advise felloe muslims
Christians call muslims names all of the time. They dig up information from wherever about Muslims and it lands on the front page. we just need to point out to fellow muslims that we have bad eggs but we are as a majority not as bad as portrayed

salt 1: . Soon you'll complain of bashing Islam whereas you ask for it. Defend your religion to your followers. Xtians don't need it. We already know you TOO WELL by your actions. Don't continue to add salt to injury. It's an insult on our intelligence

The comparisons started from you. I have thrown this challenge. Nobody responded

BetaThings: Show me a thread where you are called infidel by muslims to justify your assertion that "they quick to call people infidel"
Actually it is more correct to request Christians to leave Muslims alone. If you doubt it, I CHALLENGE you to bring 3 threads where muslims abuse and use derogatory words on Christians, I will match it with 15 threads where Christians abuse Muslims. If you wish, we can continue the exchange with that ratio of 1:5
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
aryzgreat:

They will not remember that. My church made it a prayer point and declared 3days fasting for Late yaradua when he was taken abroad. CAN on a national level organized prayers for his quick recovery even with all the underground permutations the CABALS did to ensure power remain with north. It was a sad moment for us xtians when Yaradua died cos he was d first Northern muslim to lead Nigeria with so much passion and without religious bias. People were only angry at the role Turai and d so called CABALS played. Keeping the nation in suspense as to the health condition of our president.

Remember what? I like your eulogy of Yaradua right now. If you dig into NL, you will see what your fellow Christians wrote about Yaradua then. Should we bring past threads of what Christians said about Yaradua?
What you are saying now is hypocrisy.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
uzoexcel:
i totally agree wid u on point 2....also i think we tend to stereotype a lot in naija..using 1 person or a group of person's actions to condemn a whole religion or tribe....had an uncle who was amongst the igbo traders that were killed few years ago in abuja 'cos they couldnt recite the koran;but i wont use this to hate/condemn any muslim i see..my best frd is a yoruba muslim....though seriously i want to ask muslims these simple question...'all muslims are not terrorists but all renowned terrorists are muslims?'...plz answer wid an open mind and enlighten us who are not in the 'know'...thanks

Now are you not using that incident to condemn Islam? Some Muslims that could not recite the Lord's prayer perished too in the hands of Christians during some religious incident. And you are talking about bias! Here your last question gives you away

Who is a greater terrorist - Osama bin Laden or George Bush? Or Sarah Palin who said Iraqi war was war for God. Check it on Youtube
Do you think the family of Raji Ghandi who died in the hands of Tamil Tigers agree with the premise of your question?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Disease Of the Soul: Anger (Ghadhab) / Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.