Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families (16523 Views)

The Remains Of Yakowa Arrives In Kaduna / Last Photos Of Yakowa & Azazi / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2012
Babzilla: THIS STORY IS VERY 'TUPACISH'. NEXT WE'LL HEAR THAT HE IS IN CUBA..... OR HE WILL RELEASE ALBUM. TUPAC AMODU CHIME SHAKUR
ABEG NO BURST MY SIX PACKS WITH LAFF O! LMAO!!!
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by nduchucks: 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2012
Babzilla:

KEEP WATCHING WITH YOUR $TUPID PU$$YCAT

I bu onye JJC? ewu can beer.
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2012
Animals deceiving themselves.

1 Like

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Martini101(m): 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2012
May be d guy wants to make an appearance on 21st! Coal city Road block things
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by ochukoccna: 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2012
And Chime had to do a Yaradua to prove he's still alive
But come,was this not the same dude who took almost 48 hours to refute the death of his boss
SMH!
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by mazaje(m): 10:03pm On Dec 18, 2012
Where is he?. . .
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by kelvincoll(m): 10:03pm On Dec 18, 2012
Chime’s condolences in a statement yesterday in Enugu said Chime described their untimely death as not only shocking and tragic, but also a monumental loss to the entire country

From GEJ to Buhari to Dickson to Chime and every politician outthere making same statement, Dem use am do memory verse for una ni? grin grin SMH

@Op... Get well soon Gov if u re still alive and RIP if you re dead
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Bassilica: 10:05pm On Dec 18, 2012
Be well, quick recovery. But break the long mysterous silence
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by talktrue1(m): 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2012
Nobody is wishing him dead but one thing those comm and sp. adviser should know is that, they will answer for this one day.
How can you say he is well and healthy when he cannot appear on internet from any where he is to refute the death. Even BH do use Internet
He handed over to his deputy but signed that the deputy should not approve anything more than N500,000. Is that governance?

Anyway, since you said that he is well and healthy, we will stop praying for his recovery

1 Like

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Papilo87(m): 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
@nkonadi you have shown how little you know of the workings of government. A commissioner for information or Chief Press Secretary dishes out condolenced messages whether the Governor said it or not. It is standard practice and chime doesn't even need to be able to speak for Mr Chucks to issue a condolence message
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by TenKobo1: 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
What is this with Nigerian leaders hiding from their own shadows? Sometime ago it was Yar'adua speaking from a cold morgue in Saudi Arabia, a few weeks ago Patience Retaldo was vacationing in a German hospital and now Chime has just taken the mantle. If Hugo Chavez could discuss his cancer problem on live tv in Venezuela and went as far as annointing his deputy to succeed him in case he did not make it back, what in the world is scaring these ones to bits?

1 Like

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Papilo87(m): 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2012
kelvincoll: Chime’s condolences in a statement yesterday in Enugu said Chime described their untimely death as not only shocking and tragic, but also a monumental loss to the entire country

From GEJ to Buhari to Dickson to Chime and every politician outthere making same statement, Dem use am do memory verse for una ni? grin grin SMH

@Op... Get well soon Gov if u re still alive and RIP if you re dead

That's to tell you that there is already a script for these things. For all we know Sullivan may be in coma and the Commissioner will still issue the statement as if Chime was the one that said it. That's the way the politics works. If you check carefully also the statement by Mr Ugo Emezue the Chief Press Secretary to the Moronic Abia State Governor you will be shocked at the near similarity. Same with almost all others as you rightly noted.

So the issuing of a condolence in Sullivan's name means nothing as regards the debate of whether he is dead, in coma or seriously ill.
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by j4jj: 10:35pm On Dec 18, 2012
What actualy happend to Gov Sulivan Chime! Has he been ill or somethin! Can som1 inform me pls
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 18, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I bu onye JJC? ewu can beer.

UNFORTUNATELY 4 UR DUMB A$$ I DONT UNDERSTAND IGBO... WASTED EFFORTS. MONKEY tongue

1 Like

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by plendil: 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2012
Papilo87: @nkonadi you have shown how little you know of the workings of government. A commissioner for information or Chief Press Secretary dishes out condolenced messages whether the Governor said it or not. It is standard practice and chime doesn't even need to be able to speak for Mr Chucks to issue a condolence message

But he MUST give approval/directive for the message to be relayed in the first place; it doesn't have to be verbatim, of course. Haven't you heard of cases where commissioners give only for the gov to later say he did't approve such message, that the commissioner was speaking for himself?
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 18, 2012
dayokanu: Umaru Sullivan Yaradua Chime
cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Abbott(m): 12:01am On Dec 19, 2012
"The roads are being attended to in all nooks and crannies of the..."
Who wrote such silly smdh-inducing speech on his behalf...the guy/gal no try @ all. As if roads are the people is governing or what governance is all about.
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by KingOmarion(m): 1:09am On Dec 19, 2012
M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ governor I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ alive ‎​aπϑ strong....we clubbed together @ mizzchims club new york with enough chicks.Pls he's alive.
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Caesar1988(m): 5:10am On Dec 19, 2012
Nkonadi: Barely six hours he was rumoured dead in an Indianhospital, Governor Sullivan Iheanacho Chime of Enugu State has condoled with the governments of Kaduna and Bayelsa states, as well as the relations of the late Governor Patrick Yakowa and General Andrew Azazi (retd) who died in a helicopter crash in Bayelsa on Saturday.

The state Commissioner for Information, Mr. ChuksUgwoke, who relayed Chime’s condolences in a statement yesterday in Enugu said Chime described their untimely death as not only shocking and tragic, but also a monumental loss to the entire country, even as he also mourned the others who perished in the crash. Ugwoke said the “Enugu governor who is still on vacation, extendedhis heart-felt condolences to the families of the deceased, while also praying for the repose of their souls.

The release read in part: “As a peace agent who ensured peaceful co-existence among adherents of different faiths, governor Yakowa served his people with commitment and was an embodiment of humility and selfless service, which brought about huge development in Kaduna State. “On his part too,

Gen. Azazi (retd) was a dutiful and gentleman officer and a statesman who served hispeople and nation with diligence and integrity.” The commissioner had on Saturday night when the rumour of the death of Chime was rife told Daily Sun that he was in touch with the governor, insisting that he was still enjoying his consolidated vacation, which began in mid-September.

Also, a close associate and former senior special adviser to Chime, Ben Alukwu has dismissed reports speculating the death of the governor, describing it as a cheap political propaganda. Contrary to speculations and media reports, Alukwu who was political adviser to the governor said he has been in touch with one of the governor’s aides, Mr. Victor Atuonwu, whom he travelled with; “I spoke with them yesterday (Saturday).

“When I heard the rumour I knew it was masterminded by some politicians, who cannot find their feet in the state, trying to distract us from the good work going on in the state. “As far as I am concerned, there is no truth in the rumour making the rounds; if there is anything like that, I think I should be among the first persons to know.He dismissed the reports as mere rumours being cooked up by detractors; “I strongly tell you thatthe governor is not dead; Sullivan Chime is alive. “Death is a natural phenomenon; it doesn’t separate a man from a woman; everybody must beready to answer the call one day; therefore the news of someone should not be cooked up for whatever reason.

“The governor took permission and travelled; he handed over properly to his deputy, who has been acting and carrying out duties on behalf of the governor. There is no problem in the state; the security situation is wonderful and projects are going on. “The roads are being taken care of in all nooks and crannies of the state; all the contractors are working hard; the deputy governor is holding forth pending his arrival.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/chime-shakes-off-death-rumour-condoles-with-yakowa-azazis-families/
Imagine,d dead is sending condolence 2 d dead...Everyone remembers d yaradua issue where another yaradua was to be cloned...chime i don't knw where u r,but pple nw assume u r dead on vacation..so if u r still alive(i don't think so),just knw dat u r acting like a dead governor...u maybe on vacation to heaven but sum foolish pple take their tyme to play games wit it....so i say,come home dead or alive...D pple of o42 wants to knw whats up.....
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by ekea2001: 5:22am On Dec 19, 2012
My conclusion is that "Health is Wealth".After all said and done again "Health is Wealth"
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by dayokanu(m): 6:39am On Dec 19, 2012
Oku n sunkun oku, (The dead mourning the dead)

Akawoleri nsunkun ara won
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by iykak47: 6:56am On Dec 19, 2012
angry angry angry Too much 'internet undertakers' here wishing their fellow human being dead as if they are immune to death.
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Smooyis(m): 7:25am On Dec 19, 2012
Its very unfortunate the way we handle state matters in Nigeria. We see it a normal way of life to lie to the people even when the truth is very obvious. It is clear to everyone that Gov Chime is indisposed. He is a human being and can fall sick just as anyone. But why the hide and seek. Who does the Information Commisioner represents; the Governor or the People. Its most unfortunate that tax payers are kept in d dark this way as if they are not stakeholders in issues of the state. When election nears, they will begin to romance us again. Nigerians, wise up!
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 19, 2012
That's my lovely governor. Time never reach for death.
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 19, 2012
garri (x8):
Nansense.... Where the f Ʊ c k is he?? Maybe the maggots are feasting on his brains already.....

Till he makes a public appearance, I'll assume that he's dead..

*God I thank You for your favor and blessing. Accept the praise, glory and adoration in Jesus name. It is not easy to achieve this feat*

Which feat are you talking about
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Ignatio(m): 8:51am On Dec 19, 2012
The effect of heavy drinking and fucking small girls.

Word on the street is the governor is not a sight to behold. He needs to gain some flesh before he can make an public appearance.

How can the commissioner say his boss is on vacation while the whole state is knows that he's critically sick?

Can't he simply state that he's recovering and sends his condolences?
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by udokpuenyi(m): 8:55am On Dec 19, 2012
I was just reading the post to catch this clause and immediately I saw it , I started laughing because Nigeria is a big joke
"The state Commissioner for Information, Mr. ChuksUgwoke, who relayed Chime’s condolences in a statement yesterday in Enugu said"
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by skyfall: 9:20am On Dec 19, 2012
Shut up you "get well soon" crew. Someone says he's fine you're asking him to GWS. Anyway, the speech is meant for m0rons like you who can't use your brains.

It's obvious that the guy is terribly sick and the speech is just a cover up. Nigerian politicians will rather die in office than admit the inevitable.

This is just the Yaradua scenario, Season 2, Episode 1. They never learn.
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by cyara(f): 9:37am On Dec 19, 2012
ITbomb: Abi no be Press release?
Next we go heard BBC interview that he is well and he is playing golf, then a jet would bring him back at nite.
In a few days time they swear in the Deputy Gov

Try next time to read your post very well before posting
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Shine1177: 9:39am On Dec 19, 2012
Why this deceit? Chime sent his condolence from his holiday/vacation? But Rev. Father Mbaka in Enugu just declared a 6-day fasting and prayer for the speedy recovery of this guy. Why not call a spade a spade?

Nigeria I hail thee!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Nigerians Living In Senegal (photo) / Ekiti 2018: Four PDP Governorship Aspirants Rise Against Fayose / Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.