Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. (3381 Views)

Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Barack Obama Named Time's Person Of The Year 2012! / Obama Is A Weak Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by greaterlove(m): 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
My man Barack was just some few minutes ago named Times person of the year.

Twenty-seven years after driving from New York City to Chicago in a $2,000 Honda Civic for a job that probably wouldn’t amount to much, Barack Obama, in better shape but with grayer hair, stood in the presidential suite on the top floor of the Fairmont Millennium Park hotel as flat screens announced his re-election as President of the United States. The networks called Ohio earlier than predicted, so his aides had to hightail it down the hall to join his family and friends. They encountered a room of high fives and fist pumps, hugs and relief.

The final days of any campaign can alter the psyches of even the most experienced political pros. At some point, there is nothing to do but wait. Members of Obama’s team responded in the only rational way available to them — by acting irrationally. They turned neckties into magic charms and facial hair into a talisman and compulsively repeated past behaviors so as not to jinx what seemed to be working. In Boca Raton, Fla., before the last debate, they dispatched advance staff to find a greasy-spoon diner because they had eaten at a similar joint before the second debate, on New York’s Long Island. They sent senior strategist David Axelrod a photograph of the tie he had to find to wear on election night: the same one he wore in 2008. Several staffers on Air Force One stopped shaving, like big-league hitters in the playoffs. Even the President succumbed, playing basketball on Election Day at the same court he played on before winning in 2008.
http://poy.time.com/2012/12/19/person-of-the-year-barack-obama/

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by agitator: 2:33pm On Dec 19, 2012
greaterlove: My man Barack was just some few minutes ago named Times person of the year.
http://poy.time.com/2012/12/19/person-of-the-year-barack-obama/

ok
Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by Roland17(m): 2:32am On Dec 20, 2012
See wetin 4 years as number one Citizen of a Nation turn pesin into, too much thinking don make him hair grow grey, him skin don wrinkle, he looks like a hustling presido..

but our own na different story after Jona spent One year as presido after Yar' Adua die, after massively rigging 2011 and retaining presidency, Jona is returning for reelections looking fresher than average Nigerians, he does not look perturbed, he's only good at looking lost and missing when you need his presence most.

Yet Odechukwu senior Obama oooo

Well Deserved...

6 Likes

Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by heroofnigeria: 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2012
OBAMA

Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by aglomar: 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2012
@Roland: he's working hard!
Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by ujukala: 1:53pm On Dec 20, 2012
Who else but him?
Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by Olamyyde(m): 2:01pm On Dec 20, 2012
Goodluck jonathan, most f*cked up and confused president of the year 2012
Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by Freezle(m): 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2012
@olamyyde. i think you the one confused..

let me tell you all one thing and this is the last time i would say this, Our president is working as hard as any president in the world right now, he's is doing his best to put things together just to help Nigerians.

I know its difficult for you all to believe and understand because you have made up your mind in following those Nigerians outside this country saying our president is not working.

Keep praying and you would be surprise the drastic changes you would see.

GOD bless Nigerian.
Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by Samoo01: 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2012
ujukala: Who else but him?

Not quite so if you ask me. The Pakistani girl, Malala Yousafzai, should have walked away easily with this award. But that would leave the American Left (a.k.a the media) with little or nothing to gush over about TIME's pick this year.

The girl and her colleagues should have easily walked away with the price after being shortlisted head to head against Obama. Most of those that voted gave it to the girl but TIME's Richard Steingel ostensibly imposed his choice on both the editors and contributors. Reminiscence of when Obama was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for not actually having worked to promote peace, precisely in anticipation thereof, as against those who'd actually worked for peace that year. Good grief.

Repeating Obama as the man of the year just because he managed to win a reelection with far lesser votes, despite conspicuous media malfeasance, than when he was first elected highlights how journalists have been an accomplice in the gradual destruction of social order.

3 Likes

Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by mu2sa2: 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2012
Leadership position is really not a bed of roses, that's why Obama has gone grey and older than his age. But the reverse is the case in nigeria - here, the people in power rigged themselves into office and are not thinking about anything but how to loot public fund and conceal it (by refusing to declare their asset publicly like GEJ). Not being under any pressure a nigerian leader will never go grey so rapidly like Obama; even coming election wont be perturbing because s/he knows the result will be favourable courtesy of rigging and corrupt,irresponsible judges.
Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2012
well deserved.
Obama is far from perfect...and he's no angel (ehem..he is a politician wink grin)
but that man has put a LOT on the line and still does. He's made international history
and accomplished most of his foreign policy goals. I truly hope he makes these
next four years count and do something about domestic issues. #TOTALgunCONTROL.
Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by 401kk: 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2012
American Person of the Year.

2 Likes

Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by Napolitano(m): 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
401kk: American Person of the Year.

I agree. For Americans alone

2 Likes

Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2012
oh yea the people`s man, a well deserved honour
Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by wayne4loan: 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2012
Who owns time magazine and y is there award highly rated ?
Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by glamourhampers: 5:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
He deserves it
Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2012
Deserving or not, what is surprising these days? He was honored with a Nobel peace price for what was it again? I personally think he is just a little being over-rated, a little I said. I know I would get some criticism about that, but who gives a damn? At least not GEJ. Lol

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by mrperfect(m): 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2012
He is a man of good quality if not he wouldn't have be where he is today.
Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2012
Roland17: See wetin 4 years as number one Citizen of a Nation turn pesin into, too much thinking don make him hair grow grey, him skin don wrinkle, he looks like a hustling presido..

but our own na different story after Jona spent One year as presido after Yar' Adua die, after massively rigging 2011 and retaining presidency, Jona is returning for reelections looking fresher than average Nigerians, he does not look perturbed, he's only good at looking lost and missing when you need his presence most.

Yet Odechukwu senior Obama oooo

Well Deserved...

Well said but Obama is still an ass
Re: Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. by igbo2011(m): 6:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
Why do Africans love this house negro so much? He bombs Africa and we still love him? Smh

(1) (Reply)

Warning(Graphic Video) Hamas Brutalise African Migrant Before Shooting Him / German Economy Falters As Russia Sanctions Take Their Toll / Black African Slaves Castrated By Muslims - Islam and Slavery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.