Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,794 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg (6578 Views)

Successes Recorded In Operation 'lafiya Dole' From 17-22 Jan (graphic Pictures) / See What Officials Did To People Who Failed To Use Lagos Pedestrian Bridg / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Emusan(m): 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2012
ypzilanti:

I'm from the East, and I do not see how the statement that 'if you cannot abide with the laws of Lagos, you should go to your village' can be intepreted as a tribal statement. Anyway, my IQ is above the average Nigerian, sha.

Let me ask you: does the statement not cover Ogun State residents of Lagos and Oyo state residents of Lagos?

They said he deported Igbos to the East, the guy said he never authorized such, yet you guys still say he did. What da f@ck is wrong with Nigerians, sef.

My only problem with Fashola is his close alliance with Tinubu. But then, if made president, Tinubu had better watch it. The President of Nigeria is the most powerful executive in any democracy in the world. Nigeria's presidents always fall out with their political benefactors.

People will be saying Fashola is close to Tinubu, have you seeing anybody climb to the top without the help of elder;
If i may ask, who choose GEJ, who choose Yara'dua is it not OBJ

This same thing people said when Fashola was elected in 2007 that he we not perform as Tinubu will we be the one ruling likewise Yara'dua but who believe what Fashola did in lagos today also Yara'dua in Nigeria. So let us stop reason like a child (not u @ guote) and put tribal issue away we need good governance in Nigeria and i'm not talking about Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Emusan(m): 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2012
maclatunji: Nigeria is a place where enough people voted for a man to "win" a presidential election because "he had no shoes".

The next President may well be elected because "he didn't understand English".

No matter how much we might want to praise Fashola, he got to power on the back of godfatherism.

It is that same godfatherism that might frustrate his presidential ambition.

My questions for you,
1 did GEJ or Yara'dua have godfatherism

2 is their any political post in Nigeria that doesn't have godfatherism

Stop reason like a child
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ujukala: 1:39pm On Dec 20, 2012
He should run for it . If he wins, then he is popular.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2012
FACT: Fashola has no future in ACN.
Someone said Fashola "has balls". Which balls if I may ask? Why was Fashola "balls" not enough to shake-off Tinubu, who has been a pain on his neck? The hallmark of governors who have "balls" is ability to immediately shake-off any acting or real god-father who tries to be a pain in the neck. Examples include- Sulivan Chime, Theodore Orji, Oshiomole,etc
However, this does not detract from whatever Fashola achieved in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ypzilanti: 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2012
Elueme: I shake my head @ your nauseating ignorance but so you won't continue at this level of dimunitive thinking I will take a little painstaking effort to help you out of your primitive thought. First, development is measured in relativity. Lagos was a developed colony before 1999. It had all the industrous and road networks. It had all the institutions in place and had been the hive of Nigerian economy. Put states like Calabar, Akwa Ibom, Rivers or even Edo in perspective and tell me how many roads fashola had built, how many schools, industries etc he had brought to lagos. If you are familiar with Akwa Ibom in 1999, compare the Akwa Ibom of then and now, then you will understand what performance is about. Take a look at the Tinapa, Obudu cattle ranch innovation of Dukes, then you will understand idealism of leadership. Fashola is charismatic and articulate agreed and I have argued countlessly that even the worst of a leader will succeed in lagos.To your question- Akpabio, Amaechi and even late Yar Adua and former gov Donald Duke had made more impacts in their states than Raji Fashola

I do not agree with your assertions. Lagos state under Tinubu was more of a hell hole.

Security:
I remember then that we used to have brazen bank robberies in banks on Victoria Island. Even closing from work, armed robbers would rob you mercilessly in the traffic. Fashola tackled the security situation in Lagos very well. Of course there are still robberies, but the brazen nature and frequency is highly reduced. Lagos has a responsive 767 number to call in case of emergency. How many other states have this?

Waste management:
Lawma under Fashola has succeded in eliminating standing refuse along all major roads in Lagos. The guys are so efficient. Under Tinubu, I remember coming back from USA and being so so angry at the sight of the black bags of refuse that lined Ikorodu road.

Street signage:
It seems like a small thing, but all the streets of Lagos are now clearly labeled uniformly. I love the sturdy nature of the poles and the labels. Those things will last for another 20 years.

Roads:
The Controversial lekki road. The bridge linking ikoyi and Lekki. The link bridge between Ozumba and Falomo. The bridge joining surulere and Cele. Ongoing construction of badagry expressway. Yaba-ebutte metta road. The road past Lasu...I cannot list them all, but they are all well constructed and in his term.

Taxation:
It was started by Tinubu, but Fashola has perfected the tax system in Lagos. It is the most advanced in the whole Nigeria.

I don tire to type. Anyway, to me the major achievement of Fashola is creating order in the administration of Lagos. To me, fashola is like mayor guiliani of New york. A man who brought order to a place people said was ungovernable.

Let us be honest. If GEJ was given Lagos to manage, he would not succeed, and would be giving us excuses why Lagos is ungovernable. A lot of his brothers too will be on Nairaland telling us that we cannot compare Akwa Ibom with Lagos. As a leader, do the job you were entrusted to do. If it is beyond you, resign. There is always someone else that can handle things better. No country or state is ungovernable.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ypzilanti: 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2012
Elueme: I shake my head @ your nauseating ignorance but so you won't continue at this level of dimunitive thinking I will take a little painstaking effort to help you out of your primitive thought. First, development is measured in relativity. Lagos was a developed colony before 1999. It had all the industrous and road networks. It had all the institutions in place and had been the hive of Nigerian economy. Put states like Calabar, Akwa Ibom, Rivers or even Edo in perspective and tell me how many roads fashola had built, how many schools, industries etc he had brought to lagos. If you are familiar with Akwa Ibom in 1999, compare the Akwa Ibom of then and now, then you will understand what performance is about. Take a look at the Tinapa, Obudu cattle ranch innovation of Dukes, then you will understand idealism of leadership. Fashola is charismatic and articulate agreed and I have argued countlessly that even the worst of a leader will succeed in lagos.To your question- Akpabio, Amaechi and even late Yar Adua and former gov Donald Duke had made more impacts in their states than Raji Fashola

I do not agree with your assertions. Lagos state under Tinubu was more of a hell hole.

Security:
I remember then that we used to have brazen bank robberies in banks on Victoria Island. Even closing from work, armed robbers would rob you mercilessly in the traffic. Fashola tackled the security situation in Lagos very well. Of course there are still robberies, but the brazen nature and frequency is highly reduced. Lagos has a responsive 767 number to call in case of emergency. How many other states have this?

Waste management:
Lawma under Fashola has succeded in eliminating standing refuse along all major roads in Lagos. The guys are so efficient. Under Tinubu, I remember coming back from USA and being so so angry at the sight of the black bags of refuse that lined Ikorodu road.

Street signage:
It seems like a small thing, but all the streets of Lagos are now clearly labeled uniformly. I love the sturdy nature of the poles and the labels. Those things will last for another 20 years.

Roads:
The Controversial lekki road. The bridge linking ikoyi and Lekki. The link bridge between Ozumba and Falomo. The bridge joining surulere and Cele. Ongoing construction of badagry expressway. Yaba-ebutte metta road. The road past Lasu...I cannot list them all, but they are all well constructed and in his term.

Taxation:
It was started by Tinubu, but Fashola has perfected the tax system in Lagos. It is the most advanced in the whole Nigeria.

I don tire to type. Anyway, to me the major achievement of Fashola is creating order in the administration of Lagos. To me, fashola is like mayor guiliani of New york. A man who brought order to a place people said was ungovernable.

Let us be honest. If GEJ was given Lagos to manage, he would not succeed, and would be giving us excuses why Lagos is ungovernable. A lot of his brothers too will be on Nairaland telling us that we cannot compare Akwa Ibom with Lagos. As a leader, do the job you were entrusted to do. If it is beyond you, resign. There is always someone else that can handle things better. No country or state is ungovernable.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Ngwakwe: 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2012
I am yet to see his track record on fighting corruption

Do you think that he can take on the Di tribalized Cabals/Ex military politicians holding Nigerians down?

Lagos is the richest State in Nigeria (allocation + IGR) and have enough fund to work with and still settle God fathers

Fashola is mostly appealing to his political base (the elites and some selfish middle class) for now without prejudice to some of his great decision and fair judgment.

He is very intelligent no doubt about that but should learn to balance capitalism with social justice when dealing with the downcasts of the society.

Fashola utterances if not checked will be his shadow that will ever attack his future participation in Nigeria Politics

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by talkmarkay(m): 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2012
401kk: Being a state governor is very different from being a president. Though I'm not trying undermine or downplay his achievements and pedigree, but I honestly believe he will not perform to our expected yardstick if he becomes president. He should endeavour to engage in other meaningful political activities after 2015.

You never lost what you never had....
why cant we try someone with good record and see if there will be postive changes instead of wasting our time with the way we have been govern....
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 20, 2012
maclatunji: Nigeria is a place where enough people voted for a man to "win" a presidential election because "he had no shoes".

The next President may well be elected because "he didn't understand English".

No matter how much we might want to praise Fashola, he got to power on the back of godfatherism.

It is that same godfatherism that might frustrate his presidential ambition.
The "i had no shoes" tory of GEJ don pain you enter bone. Sorry dear.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by duality(m): 1:48pm On Dec 20, 2012
all these daily politically sponsored " fashola for president" thread that hits our faces is becoming nauseating. it overheats the polity, diverts the attention of the citizenry from current events. besides putting Fashola in the spotlight for 2015 presidency every day puts him in a disadvantage position. by the time the opposing political gladiators and his political enemies face him, sycophants will not be of any help. the MODs should be cautious with these topics.

No smart politician in Nigeria will want to openly declare for an office at this time. its dangerous. I doubt fashola will love this kind of thread.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 20, 2012
drnoel: What kind of rubbish is this,.... People are complaining that Tinubu, under fashiola's watch owns Lagos and some other people are talking about him running for presidency. He will fail, just like Atiku.

Leave am . . .make him try am na. He will realise that Nigeria is as complex as 1 million simultaneous games of chess!
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2012
I still refuse to understand why most Nigerians are against progress...We keep complaining that we have a bad government and Lagosians got lucky by getting one who is trying to improve the state and yet you complain, and if he doesn't do anything you will still complain, who cares about godfatherism as long as he is making positive changes...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by aglomar: 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2012
When Obasanjo just finished spending 8 years. Is Yoruba the only tribe in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ypzilanti: 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2012
Ngwakwe: I am yet to see his track record on fighting corruption

Do you think that he can take on the Di tribalized Cabals/Ex military politicians holding Nigerians down?

Lagos is the richest State in Nigeria (allocation + IGR) and have enough fund to work with and still settle God fathers

Fashola is mostly appealing to his political base (the elites and some selfish middle class) for now without prejudice to some of his great decision and fair judgment.

He is very intelligent no doubt about that but should learn to balance capitalism with social justice when dealing with the downcasts of the society.

Fashola utterances if not checked will be his shadow that will ever attack his future participation in Nigeria Politics

I agree with you that there is serious corruption going on in Lagos finances. The corruption is mostly in the inflation of contracts, and preferential bidding nof jobs to government cronies. Let us be honest. This is how ACN gets money to finance its political agenda. Lagos state is evidence that plenty corruption can exist side by side with development.

Take a moment and digest what i just said: CORRUPTION CAN EXIST SIDE BY SIDE WITH DEVELOPMENT.

What PDP federal government is doing is not corruption, but wickedness. Allocating money to inflated projects, and not delivering after many years.

As a disclaimer, I do not support corruption in any form. I am just stating the facts as they are.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ujchief(m): 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2012
seanet01: Fashola can win the Presidency
if and only if we'll stop voting along ethnic and religious lines. Unfortunately, Nigerian politics is interwoven with tribalism and religion.
His chances will also be affected by his choice of a runing mate. He must present a runing mate with contrasting features that ballances the equation, vis a vis religion: a christian since he is a muslim and then zone: a northerner may just do the trick b'cos the south east wont be satisfied with a vp slot.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ujchief(m): 2:00pm On Dec 20, 2012
seanet01: Fashola can win the Presidency
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ypzilanti: 2:03pm On Dec 20, 2012
duality: all these daily politically sponsored " fashola for president" thread that hits our faces is becoming nauseating. it overheats the polity, diverts the attention of the citizenry from current events. besides putting Fashola in the spotlight for 2015 presidency every day puts him in a disadvantage position. by the time the opposing political gladiators and his political enemies face him, sycophants will not be of any help. the MODs should be cautious with these topics.

No smart politician in Nigeria will want to openly declare for an office at this time. its dangerous. I doubt fashola will love this kind of thread.

We have to start speaking about these things now. The politicians are keeping mum on their ambitions. Let the people discuss freely and anonymously on cyberspace.

An article from Bloomberg cannot be sponsored.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by veraponpo(m): 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2012
I am sure Nigeria will regret some actions later:

1. Nigeria missed Awo when Shagari through poor governance wasted Nigeria's resources;They said he was tribalistic, what do you expect of a regional premier? Should he develop another region Okpara did not devel North and Ahmadu Bello did not develop West, so why do u want Awo to develop East or North He did most of the first in Nigeria and Africa-TV, Sky scrapper, stadium, regional university, free and compulsory education, industrialization, etc yet he wanted to replicate same for Nigeria as a whole but was not allowed. We are repeating same now.

2. We are already missing Buhari now that GEJ cannot single-handedly achieve anything, roads are poorer, power supply irregular, fuel scarcity has come back, education is getting worse, air crash is the order of the day, corruption is getting more celebrated,etc;
3. We will miss Fashola, Soludo, Dora, Buhari, Ribadu, etc if we fail to use them now that they are available- Dora , Oshiomole, Buhari, Ribadu, etc are people of integrity, Fashola, Soludo etc are men of brilliance and intelligence.

I know most Nigerians are poor in IQ, so they may not get my points, but if we miss these people, we will regret it.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by abbey2kool: 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2012
Politicians... Good man today maybe Bad man tomorrow. Been nice today maybe plan for tomorrow. Jonathan is a living testimony
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ypzilanti: 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2012
ujchief:
if and only if we'll stop voting along ethnic and religious lines. Unfortunately, Nigerian politics is interwoven with tribalism and religion.
His chances will also be affected by his choice of a runing mate. He must present a runing mate with contrasting features that ballances the equation, vis a vis religion: a christian since he is a muslim and then zone: a northerner may just do the trick b'cos the south east wont be satisfied with a vp slot.

I actually think that Adams Oshiomole is better suited as the man to beat in the next election. Fashola would be a better president, but Nigeria's peculiar nature of politics would not favour his candidacy. Oshiomole is more streetwise and relatable to majority of Nigerians. I say again that GEJ can never win Oshiomole in a free and fair election in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
Bolushalom: I still refuse to understand why most Nigerians are against progress...We keep complaining that we have a bad government and Lagosians got lucky by getting one who is trying to improve the state and yet you complain, and if he doesn't do anything you will still complain, who cares about godfatherism as long as he is making positive changes...

I guess Nigerians prefer people like GEJ whose only appeal was that he had no shoes as a young boy and as the deputy of the most corrupt governor in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ypzilanti: 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
veraponpo: I am sure Nigeria will regret some actions later:

1. Nigeria missed Awo when Shagari through poor governance wasted Nigeria's resources;They said he was tribalistic, what do you expect of a regional premier? Should he develop another region Okpara did not devel North and Ahmadu Bello did not develop West, so why do u want Awo to develop East or North He did most of the first in Nigeria and Africa-TV, Sky scrapper, stadium, regional university, free and compulsory education, industrialization, etc yet he wanted to replicate same for Nigeria as a whole but was not allowed. We are repeating same now.

2. We are already missing Buhari now that GEJ cannot single-handedly achieve anything, roads are poorer, power supply irregular, fuel scarcity has come back, education is getting worse, air crash is the order of the day, corruption is getting more celebrated,etc;
3. We will miss Fashola, Soludo, Dora, Buhari, Ribadu, etc if we fail to use them now that they are available- Dora , Oshiomole, Buhari, Ribadu, etc are people of integrity, Fashola, Soludo etc are men of brilliance and intelligence.

I know most Nigerians are poor in IQ, so they may not get my points, but if we miss these people, we will regret it.

I agree. We are not utilizing our best brains. The average American is not so smart, but they always put smart people in office. The exception was GW Bush, and we all saw the outcome of that.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ANYPEN(m): 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2012
401kk: Being a state governor is very different from being a president. Though I'm not trying undermine or downplay his achievements and pedigree, but I honestly believe he will not perform to our expected yardstick if he becomes president. He should endeavour to engage in other meaningful political activities after 2015.

no matter how bad he performs, his worst will still be far better than Retardeen's best(est) and that will be just enough to take this country to the next level
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by porka: 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2012
dederocs:
THE QUESTION IS-NAME ANY GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA THAT HAS MADE MORE IMPACT ON THE STATE THEY LEAD THAN FASHOLA?...I PITY YOU ALL,BETTER START HARRASSING YOUR INEFFECTIVE GOVERNORS,COS WHEN THE BUBBLE BURSTS ALL MAN WILL RETURN TO HIS LAND.JUST AN ADVICE,STOP LOOKING AT ANOTHER MAN'S STATE.

Hello sir.

Any average person will "succeed" as a Lagos governor (or Mayor - Fashola recently participated in African Mayor conference held in Lagos).

80% of infrastructure in Lagos was already in place, built by the Federal Government of Nigeria (Lagos was the former capital of Nigeria).

Therefore, you can be perceived a successful mayor if you sweep the roads, whereas you may not be a success even if you build complete universities.

You may be termed a performer when you arrest "traffic offenders" but deemed to be a non-performer when you build complete modern airports with meager resources.

One can be a super governor in Nigeria's Lagos by tolling highways but not much of a success when one's state invests heavily in agriculture.

You can be a "successful governor" with many PPP deals (including an abandoned Ship Hotel)in Lagos but not much of a success when you build a complete world class 5 star hotel like Le Meridien in Uyo.

You can pick an unnecessary fight with medical doctors and still be hailed by Bloomberg but not praised when you provide hundreds of state-of-the-art hospitals in the creeks.

To your question sir,

1) Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State

2) Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State

3) Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State (in less than 2 years)

4) Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State

5) Bukola Saraki formerly of Kwara State

6) Ayodele Fayose formerly of Ekiti State

7) Adamu Muazu formerly of Bauchi State

cool Danjuma Goje formerly of Gombe State

9) Donald Duke formerly of Cross River State

Plus, any idea who these guys' godfathers are?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Elueme: 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
ypzilanti:

Its really hard to sell a belt tightening policy to the population when you are living like an Arab Prince. Tell GEJ that I said so.
Who ever imagined that Tinubu was worse than the crowned prince himself but we know better today.Mr man the earlier you have your eyes opened the better for you.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Delafruita(m): 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
Ngwakwe: I am yet to see his track record on fighting corruption

i find it annoying that people just say "lagos is the richest state in nigeria" and those same people find faults with tinubu and fashola.how did lagos beconme the richest state in nigeria despite the lack of a "special status" or "oil revenue"?its because the administrators looked inwards and decided to do the right albeit unpopular thing.that in itself is an achievement
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by talktimi(m): 2:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
Fashola the poster boy, Tinubu owner of the poster.... Hahhahahhahahhahahah grin these TRIBALISTIC nincompoops want to force feed us with their sh/t. If he's goin to contest come 2015 & he has the balls, he SHOULD come out and campaign like his mates, tell us his manifesto instead of his internet lapdogs insulting our sensibilities here with their tribalistic tendencies. As it stands, I would rather vote a boko Buhari than Fashola who Tinubu controls like a b/tch... Hahhahhahahhahahahhaaa

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ifychi06: 2:52pm On Dec 20, 2012
Fashola would be great for presidency. Apart for his decision to toll lekki-epe expressway thrice i.e a civil servant paying 600 to&fro excluding fuel, everyother thing he is doing is great. But I guess he couldnt help it because it was Tinubu's decision and company feeding fat on that but I am sure the project will fail especially after 2015
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by teskyg: 3:30pm On Dec 20, 2012
Fashola for President,Fashola for President,usuall Media hype.Please,visit Oshodi,Mushin,Ajegunle and other parts of Lagos and let us know if Fashola has been able to govern Lagos well before we then talk of Nigeria.If fashola with the enormous amount of wealth available to him has not be able to provide infrstractures for many part of Lagos after spending over 5 years in office,please,let some syconphants tell me how he wants to govern Nigeria.Is corruption not common in Lagos?Does he have the Balls to order for the prosecution of the Speaker,Commisioners and Directors?We have quickly forgotten that most of the infrastractures in Lagos were put in place by the Federal Govt.
The Irony is that Fashola can not even win Lagos again if contest for Election.If in doubt,kindly conduct and opinion poll for the real people on the street and not Internet rats and Mafia kings living in Lekki,VGC,Ikoyi and Omole.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ofegge73(m): 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
Wishful thinkers!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ypzilanti: 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
Elueme: Who ever imagined that Tinubu was worse than the crowned prince himself but we know better today.Mr man the earlier you have your eyes opened the better for you.

Tinubu is not the governor of Lagos. Fashola is. Tinubu's corrupt wealth is from crony contracts, inflation of contracts and settlement in Lagos. GEJ on the other hand, allocates billions upon billions to himself in the budget for personal use. That is why Nigerians will always kick back when he asks them to tighten our belt. He should lead by example.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by kpolli(m): 3:45pm On Dec 20, 2012
Which successes?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Yoruba Race. / FG Spent N321.23bn More Than It Budgeted For Subsidy In 2018 - Sahara Reporters / Buhari's PA, Sabiu Yusuf Rocks With Wristwatch Worth $99,995 (36,248,187.50)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.