Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg (6599 Views)

Successes Recorded In Operation 'lafiya Dole' From 17-22 Jan (graphic Pictures) / See What Officials Did To People Who Failed To Use Lagos Pedestrian Bridg / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by dederocs(m): 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
Elueme: In a simplified term, can these bootlickers state emphatically what Fashola had done? Agreed, he had made some tough policies which are futuristic though pseudoactivists would have grounded the country had those policies been made by any pdp government. If an ACN govt comes on board and remove fuel subsidy, nigerians will assume it's a right policy. We need to have a rethink and stop being biased so nigeria can grow.
THE QUESTION IS-NAME ANY GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA THAT HAS MADE MORE IMPACT ON THE STATE THEY LEAD THAN FASHOLA?...I PITY YOU ALL,BETTER START HARRASSING YOUR INEFFECTIVE GOVERNORS,COS WHEN THE BUBBLE BURSTS ALL MAN WILL RETURN TO HIS LAND.JUST AN ADVICE,STOP LOOKING AT ANOTHER MAN'S STATE.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by maclatunji: 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2012
Nigeria is a place where enough people voted for a man to "win" a presidential election because "he had no shoes".

The next President may well be elected because "he didn't understand English".

No matter how much we might want to praise Fashola, he got to power on the back of godfatherism.

It is that same godfatherism that might frustrate his presidential ambition.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by strangest(m): 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2012
After that RICK ROSS video, first governor to deport Nigerians in their own country grin I certainly don't think so... He should go back to his L.G.A

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ektbear: 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2012

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by PointB: 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2012
dederocs: Fashola will be a much better president than this sham we have now.Goodluck is just basking in the euphoria of being a president,he has no vision.Fashola has balls,he has the decisive nature of a true leader,much more intelligent and articulate than Goodluck,and he understands the aspirations of the majority.FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT.

Indeed. Such a huge ball that he cannot confront his godfather Tinubu who steals huge chunk of his Lagos State resources via various schemes, but would rather chase hapless okada riders all over the city. Balls indeed!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by safarigirl(f): 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2012
People should stop building castles in the air. If we go by achievements, Donald Duke ought to be our President, I beleive it was during his tenure that Calabar became the capital city of Nigerian tourism. Akpabio should also be a contender for his infrastructural revolution in Akwa-Ibom. Rochas for his educational reforms, we could go on. I repeat, Fashola's impact on Lagos is lope-sided. He is being hyped because he attacked the main problem facing Lagos.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ektbear: 12:36pm On Dec 20, 2012
Man, WTF is up with these African newspapers stealing articles from other sources? They took the bloomberg article and chopped and diced it like a tomato undecided
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Bright90s(m): 12:36pm On Dec 20, 2012
All na politics...
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by miiraaj: 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2012
In Nigeria,who votes for a leader based on accomplishments?Very few! Even if Fashola transforms Lagos into Dubai,it won't be a yard stick for him to win the presidential election,with the kind of rogue politicians and 'invincible' Cabals and Mafia of this country. But things could change if the majority of masses know their rights and are ready to protect them,then remove ethnic and religious sentiments from our minds. But I don't see that happening for now.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ypzilanti: 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2012
Gbawe: The article makes simplistic assumptions with how it wishes to relate Nigeria to Nations where you go from A to B and then C. Nigeria is simply not at the stage where people are ready to cast aside sentiments and entrenched biases to go with merit. I may be wrong but I think Fashola has no hope of becoming President in 2015 but that is not really a big deal for the man himself considering he is someone who just loves to keep busy providing solutions. There will be plenty for him to lay his hands on home and abroad. If OBJ, a crude tool, is junketing around the world in all manners of roles, then Fashola has no worries about remaining fulfilled beyond politics. Fashola will surely be coveted immensely even if not by Nigerians.

I agree with you 1000000%

Nigerians will reject a Fashola presidency, because most of us are not sophisticated or educated enough to vote strictly on past performance. On the other hand, the west loves people of his experience and credibility. Since we Nigerians refuse to use such people, they will always find an appointment for them in Development Agencies. Ribadu, Oby Ekwesilieze, and Okonjo Iweala (before GEJ debacle), are examples.

For our peculiar politics, the man to beat is Adams Oshiomole. GEJ cannot win him in a free and fair election in Nigeria. Never.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by EmmyDe25(m): 12:40pm On Dec 20, 2012
eastOFwest:

What was Obama's track record before he got elected for the first time?

Personally, I believe fashola is too allied to yoruba interests for me to see him as a national leader. Just like @seanet01 said in the comment above, it will be South West first and the rest of Nigeria can "baje" if fashola becomes president of Nigeria. I believe he'll make a great South West premier or yoruba republic president if things go that way.
I wanna blv u were eating pop-corn yl typing ds! D way sum of u comment, I just wonda weda u ppl hv brains at al, For sum1 to govern a cosmopolitan nd a multi-ethnic state lyk lagos nd stil cum out wt a whole lot of overwhelmin nd mind blowin achvments, hia u are blabbing nd reasonin off point! Does Fashola luk lyk a certain Buhari or ur dunce presidnt?
Maybe u shud chek hs track records b4 u start blutting. Abi Lagos luk lyk Bayelsa?

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ektbear: 12:41pm On Dec 20, 2012
Elueme: In a simplified term, can these bootlickers state emphatically what Fashola had done?

Bros. It isn't the bootlickers touting Fashola's accomplishments. It is Bloomberg, a third party media source.

Simply read from this small sampling of items here: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-17/nigeria-s-megacity-gives-fashola-plaform-to-woo-investors.html

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ypzilanti: 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
maclatunji: Nigeria is a place where enough people voted for a man to "win" a presidential election because "he had no shoes".

The next President may well be elected because "he didn't understand English".

No matter how much we might want to praise Fashola, he got to power on the back of godfatherism.

It is that same godfatherism that might frustrate his presidential ambition.

Is it not unfortunate that even the so-called performing governors in Nigeria all got to power via godfatherism? This means that with the exception of Oshiomole, no Nigerian governor got a first term mandate by name recognition. I welcome challenges to this assertion.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by nkemKalu: 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2012
401kk: Being a state governor is very different from being a president. Though I'm not trying undermine or downplay his achievements and pedigree, but I honestly believe he will not perform to our expected yardstick if he becomes president. He should endeavour to engage in other meaningful political activities after 2015.
THEN WHO DO YOU SUGGEST FOR PRESIDENCY? AN UNTESTED HAND WITHOUT A TRACK RECORD?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ypzilanti: 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2012
ekt_bear:

Bros. It isn't the bootlickers touting Fashola's accomplishments. It is Bloomberg, a third party media source.

Simply read from this small sampling of items here: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-17/nigeria-s-megacity-gives-fashola-plaform-to-woo-investors.html

You dey mind am? Next thing, he will tell us that Fashola paid Bloomberg. Please GEJ should try and pay Time Magazine or Economist to give his government a favorable review and let us see. The whole world is watching. The experts are fully aware of what is happening in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by EmmyDe25(m): 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2012
eastOFwest:

Personally, I believe fashola is too allied to yoruba interests for me to see him as a national leader. Just like @seanet01 said in the comment above, it will be South West first and the rest of Nigeria can "baje" if fashola becomes president of Nigeria. I believe he'll make a great South West premier or yoruba republic president if things go that way.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by aryzgreat: 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2012
Fashola ko fashy ola ni, mtchewwwwwwwwww

The tribalist that always remind non-indigenes to go back to their village as if he fall from heaven like oduduwa? The house boy of Tinubu to rule nigeria? That means we are finished. Fashy ola will do well as south west regional president when we go back to regional rule, he is too tribalistic to rule Nigeria. That means all my Nna bros dem go rxv triple punishment as he will bring a policy that will affect their importation business just as he has been demolishing their shops and re-sell to his brodas, Tejuosho market as case study abi na d one wey obj do ibeto and car importers? make GEJ continue till infinity!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by EmmyDe25(m): 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2012
eastOFwest:

Does he luk lyk a certain Buhari or ur foolish, snail-lyk presdn.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Eifeh(m): 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2012
Only lagos state will vote for him. What will he tell okada people and chelsea fanz.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ypzilanti: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2012
Elueme: In a simplified term, can these bootlickers state emphatically what Fashola had done? Agreed, he had made some tough policies which are futuristic though pseudoactivists would have grounded the country had those policies been made by any pdp government. If an ACN govt comes on board and remove fuel subsidy, nigerians will assume it's a right policy. We need to have a rethink and stop being biased so nigeria can grow.

Its really hard to sell a belt tightening policy to the population when you are living like an Arab Prince. Tell GEJ that I said so.
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by olapluto(m): 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2012
Please let the presidency go to the North in 2015. We all owe ourselves a duty to fairness. A northerner in 2015, and Fashola in 2019. Nigerians who are shouting 'Hossanna, Hossana' today will shout 'crucify crucify' tomorrow. Fashola, please concentrate on Lagos. In 2019, Nigerians will have seen that you're the crown prince.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Delafruita(m): 1:00pm On Dec 20, 2012
slimming: Presidency in Nigeria is far more difficult to succeed than been a state governor.
the only thing that differentiuates lagos from nigeria is that there is no "federal republic of lagos".lagos is a city of over 20million people.not too many african countries surpass it inj population.you cant compare governance of lagos to governance of bayelsa with less than 1million people.fashola has the traits of a leader.hez ready to take the bull by the horn and make tough decisions even when his popularity is on the line.thats the kinda president nigeria needs
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by kaeto(m): 1:00pm On Dec 20, 2012
dederocs:
I SUSPECT U RE AN OKADA RIDER,SORRY BUT LAGOS HAS BETTER PLANS THAN UR OKADA PLANS,EITHER U MEET UP WITH THE MEGA CITY PLANS,OR YOU GO BACK TO YOUR VILLAGE,NABY FORCE TO STAY LAGOS?...BLAME UR CLUELESS PRESIDENT AND UR STATE GOVERNOR.
THIS SORT OF ARROGANCE, EMPTY CHATTER, BIGOTRY, BASELESS CONFIDENCE, CACOPHONY OF INSANITY, CHARADE AND BARRAGE, WAS WHAT RUINED AN ALREADY WON ELECTION, IN THIS SAME NIGERIA, BY THIS SAME TRIBE, WITH JUST SAME OVERBEARING AND CONCLUSIVE UNCOUTH NATURE AND ATTITUDE. WELL, IF I MAY ASK, WHO ARE THE PEOPLE YOU GUYS HAVE CONVINCED TO VOTE HIM IN, WHAT REGIONS, RELIGIONS OR GROUPS, HOW HAVE YOU... I WISH YOU GUYS GOODLUCK IN YOUR JUST CONCLUDED YORUBER ELECTION FOR NIGERIA...
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Delafruita(m): 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2012
ola_pluto: Please let the presidency go to the North in 2015. We all owe ourselves a duty to fairness. A northerner in 2015, and Fashola in 2019. Nigerians who are shouting 'Hossanna, Hossana' today will shout 'crucify crucify' tomorrow. Fashola, please concentrate on Lagos. In 2019, Nigerians will have seen that you're the crown prince.
its such a pity that the sickness has eaten deep into your system.dont despair my friend,a cure is on the way
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ypzilanti: 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2012
aryzgreat: Fashola ko fashy ola ni, mtchewwwwwwwwww

The tribalist that always remind non-indigenes to go back to their village as if he fall from heaven like oduduwa? The house boy of Tinubu to rule nigeria? That means we are finished. Fashy ola will do well as south west regional president when we go back to regional rule, he is too tribalistic to rule Nigeria. That means all my Nna bros dem go rxv triple punishment as he will bring a policy that will affect their importation business just as he has been demolishing their shops and re-sell to his brodas, Tejuosho market as case study abi na d one wey obj do ibeto and car importers? make GEJ continue till infinity!

I'm from the East, and I do not see how the statement that 'if you cannot abide with the laws of Lagos, you should go to your village' can be intepreted as a tribal statement. Anyway, my IQ is above the average Nigerian, sha.

Let me ask you: does the statement not cover Ogun State residents of Lagos and Oyo state residents of Lagos?

They said he deported Igbos to the East, the guy said he never authorized such, yet you guys still say he did. What da f@ck is wrong with Nigerians, sef.

My only problem with Fashola is his close alliance with Tinubu. But then, if made president, Tinubu had better watch it. The President of Nigeria is the most powerful executive in any democracy in the world. Nigeria's presidents always fall out with their political benefactors.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Delafruita(m): 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2012
aryzgreat: Fashola ko fashy ola ni, mtchewwwwwwwwww

you have a problem
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by miteolu(m): 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2012
dederocs:
I SUSPECT U RE AN OKADA RIDER,SORRY BUT LAGOS HAS BETTER PLANS THAN UR OKADA PLANS,EITHER U MEET UP WITH THE MEGA CITY PLANS,OR YOU GO BACK TO YOUR VILLAGE,NABY FORCE TO STAY LAGOS?...BLAME UR CLUELESS PRESIDENT AND UR STATE GOVERNOR.

Forget Okada issue. Going by general appraisal, in recent time Fashola administration has deteriorated. His CGP has dropped to pass in fact edging to fail. He is not fix to be Chairman of any Local Government in Lagos State where he had gotten mouth not to approach 36 state & FCT. Even his benefactor (Tinubu) is not there all at this time. Before now, easily Tinubu can push in Governor but now ordinary Local Government Chairman has been a difficult task for him to achieve. Do you know that more than 3 CDA/ LG in Lagos state had been taken over from ACN through court injunction?
Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Emusan(m): 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
One thing you people fail to understand is; the people that has been ruling Nigeria from onset are the not human being

Lets put sentiment aside, they are some fact we need to know about Nigeria: Nigeria is an ethno-religion state which you can find in Lagos as well.

For someone to rule Lagos sucessfully i believe if the person to rule Nigeria he/she will perform above average.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by Elueme: 1:15pm On Dec 20, 2012
dederocs:
THE QUESTION IS-NAME ANY GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA THAT HAS MADE MORE IMPACT ON THE STATE THEY LEAD THAN FASHOLA?...I PITY YOU ALL,BETTER START HARRASSING YOUR INEFFECTIVE GOVERNORS,COS WHEN THE BUBBLE BURSTS ALL MAN WILL RETURN TO HIS LAND.JUST AN ADVICE,STOP LOOKING AT ANOTHER MAN'S STATE.
I shake my head @ your nauseating ignorance but so you won't continue at this level of dimunitive thinking I will take a little painstaking effort to help you out of your primitive thought. First, development is measured in relativity. Lagos was a developed colony before 1999. It had all the industrous and road networks. It had all the institutions in place and had been the hive of Nigerian economy. Put states like Calabar, Akwa Ibom, Rivers or even Edo in perspective and tell me how many roads fashola had built, how many schools, industries etc he had brought to lagos. If you are familiar with Akwa Ibom in 1999, compare the Akwa Ibom of then and now, then you will understand what performance is about. Take a look at the Tinapa, Obudu cattle ranch innovation of Dukes, then you will understand idealism of leadership. Fashola is charismatic and articulate agreed and I have argued countlessly that even the worst of a leader will succeed in lagos.To your question- Akpabio, Amaechi and even late Yar Adua and former gov Donald Duke had made more impacts in their states than Raji Fashola

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by ypzilanti: 1:18pm On Dec 20, 2012
Yay! I made FRONTPAGE!

Back to topic. To all those criticizing Fashola. If in 2015, you have the opportunity of choosing between Fashola and GEJ, kindly choose GEJ.

As for me and my family, we are making plan B arrangements to relocate to a country where they allow reasonable people to rule them.

It's a pity. I love my country, but I am giving my country one last chance. If we do not get it right in the next election,I am migrating...finally this time.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by SamAfrik(m): 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2012
One thing pple fail 2 realise is dt u'r d one loosing out if u use sentiments 2 prevent somehow capable frm leading u. Just as Awo was nt voted 4 as president, yet u complain when he performed wonders in d SW region dt gave him d mandate as Premier.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can Use Lagos Successes To Run For President- Bloomberg by SamAfrik(m): 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2012
I'm Fashola's fan cos of his unique attitude to governance, but will still prefer him as president @ later elections than 2015.
I also like Soludo but will like to test is administrative abilities as governor or senator b4 considering him for president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News!! Aso Rock Is Boiling At The Moment!! / BREAKING !!! The Deadly Coronavirus Is Caused By 5G Networks – Keri Hilson / 'Leave Abia State Alone'- Abia Special Adviser To Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.