Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? (2070 Views)

Some Assets Deployed By The Nigerian Air Force For Combat Operations In The Nort / Anambra: IG Deploys Helicopter, Special Force For Gov Poll / Suggestions On How To Reform The Nigerian Police Force For Better Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Peterwins(m): 9:54pm On Dec 19, 2012
I am a bit concerned with the use of various "Presidential Task-force" in this present administration. The news media is inundated with "Presidential Task-force on pension", "Presidential Task-force on power", "Presidential Task-force on Port De-congestion", etc.

I think the President should disband all these plethora of Presidential Task-Force. The various ministries, departments and other agencies of government should be strengthen to perform their duties.

What is the use of a Presidential task-force on pension when PENCON exists?
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by alabiyemmy(m): 8:58am On Dec 20, 2012
You mean the MDAs should probe themselves?
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Peterwins(m): 10:54pm On Dec 20, 2012
alabiyemmy: You mean the MDAs should probe themselves?

A Presidential Task-force is not a probe panel. I even got to know that we have a Presidential Task-Force on water!!!! What a waste of scare resources. Yet we have a Ministry of water resources.

What is the use of a Presidential Task-Force on Port De-congestion, when we have the Nigeria Port Authority and other relevant agencies.

Perhaps we should also have a Presidential Task-Force on anti-corruption so that the EFCC and ICPC will now take a back seat.

1 Like

Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 20, 2012
Using task force reduces bureaucracy and improves expediency. Civil service is the home of corruption hence, A taskforce is needed for efficiency.
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Peterwins(m): 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2012
mitwitdot: Using task force reduces bureaucracy and improves expediency. Civil service is the home of corruption hence, A taskforce is needed for efficiency.

Really? Like the Presidential Task-Force on Pension that have not been able to account for N195billion.
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by MajeOfficial: 11:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
just a way to keep more of their political allies on a bankroll
its more a sign of a lack of ideas than corruption

1 Like

Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Peterwins(m): 11:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
[quote author=]just a way to keep more of their political allies on a bankroll
its more a sign of a lack of ideas than corruption[/quote]

I presume it is.
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:02am On Dec 21, 2012
I think we'd first need a presidential committee to look into the relevance or otherwise of your question; and then a presidential task force to answer it!

3 Likes

Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by savcy(m): 7:55am On Dec 21, 2012
U no want make GEJ friends and party people chop their share of the national cake?

Keep posting on NL,I dey go Abuja now to go collect my own. grin
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by dridowu: 7:57am On Dec 21, 2012
4 GEJ Led gov, its a must because, i doubt if he can think on his own. COMMITTEE UPON COMMITTEE GOVERNMENT

1 Like

Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by ochukoccna: 8:02am On Dec 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
I think we'd first need a presidential committee to look into the relevance or otherwise of your question; and then a presidential task force to answer it!
And another task force to implement the answer
Lolz

[quote author=]just a way to keep more of their political allies on a bankroll
its more a sign of a lack of ideas than corruption[/quote]So true
But when a dunderhead is C in C,what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2012
dridowu: 4 GEJ Led gov, its a must because, i doubt if he can think on his own. COMMITTEE UPON COMMITTEE GOVERNMENT

Yes,

There must be Presidential Task Force for whatever the President as the C-in-C wanted to have full grasp of who,what and whom an event occured!!!..........

Presidential Task Force only operate 4 a specified period of time ..... 2weeks,3weeks,1 month,3month and they shall be disbanded........ After the submission of such task force report!!!!!!

Presidential Taskforce is important for the president to make informed decision!!!!
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by JimmyBoy1: 8:45am On Dec 21, 2012
The task force syndrome is is a way of masking the presdient's indecisiveness in handling burning national issues, so that when you ask about what GEJ is doing about something, they tell you that a committee is working on it.

2 Likes

Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by crisycent: 9:48am On Dec 21, 2012
I beg o, them wan make me presidential task force chairman on phone calls, so no use dis ur post spoil my level o!
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Wsdm: 11:09am On Dec 21, 2012
That is an evidence of unseriouse leader. That is even if he has used any of their reports in the past.
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Guk: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
mitwitdot: Using task force reduces bureaucracy and improves expediency. Civil service is the home of corruption hence, A taskforce is needed for efficiency.

I quite agree with your statement but the reverse is the case in Nigeria, it ends up been more expensive; inefficient and achieves nothing. Nigeria has not recorded up to 1% success of such task forces
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Peterwins(m): 1:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
donroxy:

Yes,

There must be Presidential Task Force for whatever the President as the C-in-C wanted to have full grasp of who,what and whom an event occured!!!..........

Presidential Task Force only operate 4 a specified period of time ..... 2weeks,3weeks,1 month,3month and they shall be disbanded........ After the submission of such task force report!!!!!!

Presidential Taskforce is important for the president to make informed decision!!!!

We have some Presidential Task-Force (PTF) that have been operating over 2 years. Also the President does not require a PTF to make informed decision. Good governance is not rocket science.
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by seanet01: 4:39pm On Dec 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
You are part of the trolls
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
Peterwins:

We have some Presidential Task-Force (PTF) that have been operating over 2 years. Also the President does not require a PTF to make informed decision. Good governance is not rocket science.

There is difference between ''Decision'' and ''Informed Decision'' PTF is necessary.....

Good Governance is beyond Rocket Science.....!!!!

The day u become president, u will see the reason for PTF and committe!!!
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Peterwins(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2012
donroxy:

There is difference between ''Decision'' and ''Informed Decision'' PTF is necessary.....

The day I become president. I will De-mystify good governance. It was done in Brazil, South Korea, Singapore, Venezuela, etc.
Perhaps Lagos State, Edo State, Akwa-Ibom State and some other few States in Nigeria where the people are enjoying some benefits of good governance needed PTF.

Mr President please kindly disband all the various Presidential Task-Force now and strengthen our MDA's.
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Mustay(m): 8:14am On Dec 22, 2012
This was something a lot of tweeps wanted an answer to during the last media chat but I don't know, the presenters never asked him. I've lost count of the committees! At the same media chat, GEJ was asked a question about education and he mentioned setting up a committee to look into the education sector. Dunno what Prof. Rufai must have been thinking.

We must not forget the PTF that looked into our football affairs after SA 2010 - they recommended something, the president went for one thing then he came back to another thing according to him, "after much pressure from Nigerians". I don't know if they've been dissolved yet.

Similarly, when the Super Eagles trained at the Abuja stadium some months ago, the president was not pleased with the terrible state of the stadium. He was actually there on that visit with the Sports' Minister and to my 'amazement', I watched GEJ saying he'll set up a committee to look into why the stadium was in that state. Since this event, I've got no more evidence than to agree with the point of INDECISIVENESS.
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Mustay(m): 8:16am On Dec 22, 2012
donroxy:

A leader isn't expected to be hasty in making decisions but you mention not that among the xtics of a leader are decision-making, planning and oirganising.
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Peterwins(m): 9:27am On Dec 22, 2012
Mustay: This was something a lot of tweeps wanted an answer to during the last media chat but I don't know, the presenters never asked him. I've lost count of the committees! At the same media chat, GEJ was asked a question about education and he mentioned setting up a committee to look into the education sector. Dunno what Prof. Rufai must have been thinking.

We must not forget the PTF that looked into our football affairs after SA 2010 - they recommended something, the president went for one thing then he came back to another thing according to him, "after much pressure from Nigerians". I don't know if they've been dissolved yet.

Similarly, when the Super Eagles trained at the Abuja stadium some months ago, the president was not pleased with the terrible state of the stadium. He was actually there on that visit with the Sports' Minister and to my 'amazement', I watched GEJ saying he'll set up a committee to look into why the stadium was in that state. Since this event, I've got no more evidence than to agree with the point of INDECISIVENESS.

With the use of various PTF, the recurrent expenditure keeps getting bloated. We don't need PTF to move this country forward. For example, NAFDAC under Dora Akunyili wasn't a PTF to perform its duties.

What the President need to do is to find fearless and capable people to head various MDA's. Though I don't like the current CBN governor, he is fearless. The former madam at FIRS was competent. What we need from the President is to select and appoint a winning team to head various MDA's.
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Nobody: 2:43am On Dec 23, 2012
Peeps,

There is nothing like ;
Q:Mr president what is happening in Education sector

A; A committee has been set upon that
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The work of PTF and CTT is to Investigate matters/issue or Undertake a particular policy/programme on behalf of the President and give Him a recommendation or a way forward as they (PTF and CTT) deem it fit....

PTF /CTT is not actually taking over the duty of MDAs .........

An issue ma Arise which may Affect say seven(7) MDAs.........e.g Police,SSS,NEMA,Finance,Population,Statistics,DPPR et al

The committe shall comprises of each member of these MDAs and work together harmoniously to achieve the target of Mr. President!!!!
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Peterwins(m): 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
donroxy: Peeps,

There is nothing like ;
Q:Mr president what is happening in Education sector

A; A committee has been set upon that
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The work of PTF and CTT is to Investigate matters/issue or Undertake a particular policy/programme on behalf of the President and give Him a recommendation or a way forward as they (PTF and CTT) deem it fit....

PTF /CTT is not actually taking over the duty of MDAs .........

An issue ma Arise which may Affect say seven(7) MDAs.........e.g Police,SSS,NEMA,Finance,Population,Statistics,DPPR et al

The committe shall comprises of each member of these MDAs and work together harmoniously to achieve the target of Mr. President!!!!

The fact is that a lot can be achieved without these PTF. I raised the question as a result of the PTF on Pension that have not been able to account for N195billion. So many other irrelevant PTF exist that have become a conduit pipe for waste of scare public funds.
Re: Must There Be A Presidential Task- Force For Everything? by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 24, 2012
Peterwins:

The fact is that a lot can be achieved without these PTF. I raised the question as a result of the PTF on Pension that have not been able to account for N195billion. So many other irrelevant PTF exist that have become a conduit pipe for waste of scare public funds.

How,

Even in any Organisation tasks are being broken down and group of people are attached to undertake such.... To talk of a whole country of 150m population with different xtics...... I bet u wont do it all by urself!!!

Have u heard of ''Division of Labour'' ........ I bet u do ......

To set a PTF/CTT is one thing;

For such PTF/CTT to achieve result is another thing;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

For instance, when flood happened in southeast,Northcentral and southsouth.

If u ask Mr. President......what has he done about it, he answer; I have gotten people (ctt/ptf) looking into it which implies..... President is looking into it!!!!

I just want u peeps 2 kno that ...... Presidential taskforce and/or Committee is never a big deal also it is the best way to get the job done in any Organisation!!!!

Thanks,
See you later on another thread dude!!!!

(1) (Reply)

WesternNiger.com :Nigeria is not among the strongest military. by Musiwa / If Nigeria Breaks, The North Is Doomed – Yerima / Ghana Kicked Nigerians Out Of Their Country Before Nigeria Did- I Just Found Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.