Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast (69074 Views)

Chinese Man Rocking Yoruba Traditional Attire (Photos) / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by ektbear: 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2012
I suppose I associated in my mind with Ghana only..and never looked up the demographics of IVC before.
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2012
These Ivorian Women have Me On Immortal Lust Mode Right Now...

For the Life of me, i am trying to figure out why the Akan People(women especially) from Civ look so much more lavish and stylish in their traditional attire versus the Akans from Ghana.

They are sooo fine. tongue
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2012
ekt_bear: cray. i didn't know there were Akan in IVC

38% + of the population is Akan smiley

More specific map

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 23, 2012
الملكي فوق الله: These Ivorian Women have Me On Immortal Lust Mode Right Now...

For the Life of me, i am trying to figure out why the Akan People(women especially) from Civ look so much more lavish and stylish in their traditional attire versus the Akans from Ghana.

They are sooo fine. tongue

loolz wink
Thanks for the nice compliment.
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by ektbear: 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
Yeah, I see that now. You guys are the largest ethnic group in both Ghana and IVC.

Hmm. to what extent is this sense of ethnic nationality prevalent amongst Akan?

I am guessing it isn't very high...most Ghanaians I've met view themselves as Ghanaian first, before their tribe. And I'm guessing that the same is true in IVC?
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2012
ekt_bear: Yeah, I see that now. You guys are the largest ethnic group in both Ghana and IVC.

Hmm. to what extent is this sense of ethnic nationality prevalent amongst Akan?

I am guessing it isn't very high...most Ghanaians I've met view themselves as Ghanaian first, before their tribe. And I'm guessing that the same is true in IVC?

Akan is more like a big group that gathers different ethnic groups (This is the same for the Kru, Gur, and Mande South and North). Different ethnic groups are under the Akan cluster. They have somewhat similar cultures but different languages.
But yes we see ourselves Ivorian 1st before the tribe. smiley
Proud 225 cool
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ivo c'est commo? tu aimes les tofs? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sybellah: @ Ivo,

u see what nicole is wearing at the beginning, (blue/orange wrapper), is that also Kita/Kente? The fabric seems the same, but the patterns are different
Also, some Gouro dancers wear it, I am starting to think it's maybe a type of Kamandje? no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JXMS3voBcM
I think it's a kita/kente bas de gamme, kamandjé is like pagne baoulé sauf qu'il ya une seule couleur qui domine dans le kamandjé, contrairement a deux dans le pagne baoulé.
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sybellah: Ivo c'est commo? tu aimes les tofs? cheesy
si si j'adore, tu assure, je vais poster le pagne adingra qu'on utilise aussi beaucoup chez nous (agni) et oui c'est bien d'avoir une double culture dêh loool
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
ivorian225: I think it's a kita/kente bas de gamme, kamandjé is like pagne baoulé sauf qu'il ya une seule couleur qui domine dans le kamandjé, contrairement a deux dans le pagne baoulé.

aah ok i see
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
ivorian225: si si j'adore, tu assure, je vais poster le pagne adingra qu'on utilise aussi beaucoup chez nous (agni) et oui c'est bien d'avoir une double culture dêh loool

aha thanks kiss

i am waiting for it

adingra la c'est Abron aussi non? I know it's a Abron last name

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
الملكي فوق الله: You should do a comparison of Akan Traditional Attire, Comparing Ghanaian Styles to Ivorian Styles.

Those of us Thirsty for Knowledge seek to be Enlightened

man come here, the thread is getting started smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/1140985/akan-ghana-cote-divoire#13516480
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2012
Adinkra cloth (agni- brong cloth)

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
ivorian225: Adinkra cloth (agni- brong cloth)

je n'ai jamais vu ca deh! It's like a normal wrapper, not as solid as Kente, with designs in it. ahah Ivo j'ai honte deh
t'a fini avec connaissance, dep8 la c moi qui te demande questions seulement lol

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sybellah:

je n'ai jamais vu ca deh! It's like a normal wrapper, not as solid as Kente, with designs in it. ahah Ivo j'ai honte deh
t'a fini avec connaissance, dep8 la c moi qui te demande questions seulement lol
loool tu m'as tué, in fact it's a funeral colth, les dessins ont chacun une signification, mais bon je les connais pas oooh
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2012
ivorian225: loool tu m'as tué, in fact it's a funeral colth, les dessins ont chacun une signification, mais bon je les connais pas oooh

aa ok, is it ur mum who is Agni or your daddi?
Tu te sens plus proche de quelle culture?
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sybellah:

aa ok, is it ur mum who is Agni or your daddi?
Tu te sens plus proche de quelle culture?
daddi bété de gagnoa and mum agni d'abengourou, franchement culturellement c'est 50/50 mais j'avou que je parle bété mais pas agni, je trouve ça dure!!!!
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2012
agni, nzema (akan) king in abengourou

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
ivorian225: daddi bété de gagnoa and mum agni d'abengourou, franchement culturellement c'est 50/50 mais j'avou que je parle bété mais pas agni, je trouve ça dure!!!!

i see, my dad is Attie and my mum is Baoule, but i feel closer to my mum culture smiley
My paternal villages are like very close to Abidjan (Aoutchoue and Attiekoi). 2 paternal villages and 2 maternal villages (Tiebissou and Diabo) grin, so I have 4 in total but i ve been only in 2.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sybellah:

i see, my dad is Attie and my mum is Baoule, but i feel closer to my mum culture smiley
My paternal villages are like very close to Abidjan (Aoutchoue and Attiekoi). 2 paternal villages and 2 maternal villages (Tiebissou and Diabo) grin, so I have 4 in total but i ve been only in 2.
Wow the same for me my (téhiri and bahopa) for my partenal village and niablé(abengourou), maféré dans le département d'aboisso for my matrenal village, i love baoulé culture especially paquinou grin , you know that you're my kanga because baoulé is our kanga looool
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2012
ivorian225: Wow the same for me my (téhiri and bahopa) for my partenal village and niablé(abengourou), maféré dans le département d'aboisso for my matrenal village, i love baoulé culture especially paquinou grin , you know that you're my kanga because baoulé is our kanga looool

ahahahha valaba ouai, who is your Kanga? thcrrr grin

Yea i love my mix, it's beautiful don't u see everybody from that mix look gorgeous tongue
Monique Seka for example cool
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sybellah:

ahahahha valaba ouai, who is your Kanga? thcrrr grin

Yea i love my mix, it's beautiful don't u see everybody from that mix look gorgeous tongue
Monique Seka for example cool
hummm baoulé c'est comme ça vous avez bouche sur vos roi agni, ya pas drap!!!, i didn't know that monique seka is a mix of baoulé/attié and what about joelle seka, she used to sing in bété and attié, is she a mix of bété/attié?
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 23, 2012
ivorian225: hummm baoulé c'est comme ça vous avez bouche sur vos roi agni, ya pas drap!!!, i didn't know that monique seka is a mix of baoulé/attié and what about joelle seka, she used to sing in bété and attié, is she a mix of bété/attié?

No joelle is only Attie I think.
But i heard Meiway is Nzema and Bete (his dad), but i don't know if it's true.
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sybellah:

But i heard Meiway is Nzema and Bete (his dad), but i don't know if it's true.
I think Meiway is only Nzema (my favourite ivorian singer), do you know TP AUDIORAMA it's my favorite akye singer
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2012
ivorian225: I think Meiway is only Nzema (my favourite ivorian singer), do you know TP AUDIORAMA it's my favorite akye singer

lol @ AudioRama, except for Joel C am not a Big fan of Attie music, they dance too fast undecided
I like Bete music, Sapiou and Kpakpaliekpa are my favorite.

What Lago Paulin is sayin in Kpakpaliekpa?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV4xAn1Nxds
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2012
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sybellah:

I like Bete music, Sapiou and Kpakpaliekpa are my favorite.

What Lago Paulin is sayin in Kpakpaliekpa?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV4xAn1Nxds
Moi j'aime bien la music akan en générale(baoulé, attié, nzema) agni on a pas trop de grand chanteur a part mathey mais bon j'en suis pas fan, coté bété je suis plus tournée vers la zik bété de gagnoa (alloukou gbégbé) mais pour le reste des bétés la j'aime pas non plus, et j'aime bien la zik des guéré
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2012
ivorian225: Moi j'aime bien la music akan en générale(baoulé, attié, nzema) agni on a pas trop de grand chanteur a part mathey mais bon j'en suis pas fan, coté bété je suis plus tournée vers la zik bété de gagnoa (alloukou gbégbé) mais pour le reste des bétés la j'aime pas non plus, et j'aime bien la zik des guéré

Alloukou Gbegbe? Man u are gettin me lost lol

so between Enersto, Gnahore Jimmy, Lago Paulin, Delta group, Lougah for example, who does alloukou gbegbe?
and how many type of gbegbe are there?

i like Mathey her voice is so soft, Nzima also have good music Meiway, Dezza (rip), orentchy, malou amley...
the baoule too apindrin from Sidonie (she gonna kill me that woman grin) she is fun
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sybellah:

Alloukou Gbegbe? Man u are gettin me lost lol

so between Enersto, Gnahore Jimmy, Lago Paulin, Delta group, Lougah for example, who does alloukou gbegbe?
and how many type of gbegbe are there?

i like Mathey her voice is so soft, Nzima also have good music Meiway, Dezza (rip), orentchy, malou amley...
the baoule too apindrin from Sidonie (she gonna kill me that woman grin) she is fun
Alloulou and Gbégbé is most famous traditional musical rhythms of bété people of gagnoa, dida and godié, and none of the singers you mentioned do alloukou and gbégbé there are not from gagnoa, in daloa they do ziglibity (ernesto djédjé) etc.... apindrin is my favourite song, you forgot the queen of ahoko antoinette konan
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 23, 2012
ivorian225: Alloulou and Gbégbé is most famous traditional musical rhythms of bété people of gagnoa, dida and godié, and none of the singers you mentioned do alloukou and gbégbé there are not from gagnoa, in daloa they do ziglibity (ernesto djédjé) etc.... apindrin is my favourite song, you forgot the queen of ahoko antoinette konan

aaaah sisi antoinette konan is very good, lol @ the queen of ahoko my mind went somewhere else lmao
Reine pelagie i love her as well, she is Gouro but sing in different languages: baoule, bete, dioula...that's woman is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8_hjZ6t4GU

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2012
Time to Start Bumping up the Quality Threads Of The Culture Section.....*Bump* tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain / Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.