Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast (69251 Views)

Chinese Man Rocking Yoruba Traditional Attire (Photos) / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 26, 2012
Raffia Attire, I believe they are Kru, not too sure

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by coolzeal(m): 1:41am On Dec 26, 2012
where does the singer Monique Seka comes from, a friend once told me she's a Cameroonian..
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:43am On Dec 26, 2012
Sybellah:

yes Senoufo women are gorgeous, Malinke, Bhete and Baoule too....so between those 4 I dunno, I guess there is a draw

match nul tongue
bete and baoule are the best
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:43am On Dec 26, 2012
9ja-m:
Ivorian are so creative, i know some ivorian woman (bete, baule and madinka) and i think they are the most beautifull of W.AFRICA

I thank u in the name of all Ivorian women wink
This was a very nice compliment, and I really appreciate it

Have u been to CIV before?
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:43am On Dec 26, 2012
coolzeal: where does the singer Monique Seka comes from, a friend once told me she's a Cameroonian..
she is Ivorian
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:44am On Dec 26, 2012
coolzeal: where does the singer Monique Seka comes from, a friend once told me she's a Cameroonian..

Monique Seka is Ivorian smiley
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:45am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

I thank u in the name of all Ivorian women wink
This was a very nice compliment, and I really appreciate it

Have u been to CIV before?
yes one month ago and I know many ivorians here in paris
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:45am On Dec 26, 2012
9ja-m:
bete and baoule are the best

grin I think they all have their share and type of beauty oooh
I think they r all pretty in their own ways smiley

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by coolzeal(m): 1:47am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

Monique Seka is Ivorian smiley

I love her old songs like Missounwa, Okaman. She has an angelic voice.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 26, 2012
9ja-m:
yes one month ago and I know many ivorians here in paris

aaah that's cool, i hope u enjoyed your stay, there is nothing like Babi, u know the expression : Abidjan est le plus doux au monde? no? wink
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:47am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy: Raffia Attire, I believe they are Kru, not too sure

very beautifull wink

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:50am On Dec 26, 2012
coolzeal:

I love her old songs like Missounwa, Okaman. She has an angelic voice.

her voice and herself are very beautiful, my fav song from her is okaman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OffG5lWdCK4

Have u heard Yaye Demin too? It's a featuring she did with Meiway in the Senoufo language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ZYVnLIpOI
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:52am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

aaah that's cool, i hope u enjoyed your stay, there is nothing like Babi, u know the expression : Abidjan est le plus doux au monde? no? wink
yeeeesssss the food (aloco and attieke) and garda made by hausa etc.... and le plateau look like NY city, alocodrome do you know? and abidjan by night ( just wow, la rue princesse) they listen many nigerian music and they love nigeria

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by coolzeal(m): 1:53am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

her voice and herself are very beautiful, my fav song from her is okaman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OffG5lWdCK4

Have u heard Yaye Demin too? It's a featuring she did with Meiway in the Senoufo language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ZYVnLIpOI

Thanks a lot i will check it out.. Yeah!!! she's very beautiful and her cheek bones are so perfect, does she have a daughter wink wink cool
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:53am On Dec 26, 2012
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:54am On Dec 26, 2012
please @ Syb could you explain me the diference between the bete and the baoule (culture etc...)
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:58am On Dec 26, 2012
9ja-m:
yeeeesssss the food (aloco and attieke) and garda made by hausa etc.... and le plateau look like NY city, alocodrome do you know? and abidjan by night ( just wow, la rue princesse) they listen many nigerian music and they love nigeria

aaah I am happy u liked it... yup Naija music is very popular there, recently some Naija artist even went there for concert and it looks fun, CIV and Naija are bros, so the love is normal smiley we should all stand up together to fight for the development of our beloved continent wink

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:00am On Dec 26, 2012
coolzeal:

Thanks a lot i will check it out.. Yeah!!! she's very beautiful and her cheek bones are so perfect, does she have a daughter wink wink cool

not that i know of, i think she has a son instead wink
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 2:01am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

I was supprised that a lot of ivorians in abidjan speak english, and they are very friendly

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:07am On Dec 26, 2012
9ja-m:
please @ Syb could you explain me the diference between the bete and the baoule (culture etc...)

1st and foremost they belong to a different group.

The Baoule are Akan and the Bete are Krou , therefore their language is totally different. No similarity at all.
The baoule are matrilineal and the Bete Patrilinear.
For traditional attire the Baoule use Kente as most Akan and the Bete use Tapa or Raffia
Both are egalitarian societies I think however, in baoule societies there are kingdoms.
For most Kru ethnic group there are no kingdom, the go by Chefferie.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 26, 2012
9ja-m:
I was supprised that a lot of ivorians in abidjan speak english, and they are very friendly

Yea cuz we learn it from middle to high school, many people in Babi know at least the basic.
I love Nigerians too, you are very friendly and welcoming...I am planing to pass by Lagos one of these days, really interested to learn more about your culture.
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 2:13am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

1st and foremost they belong to a different group.

The Baoule are Akan and the Bete are Krou , therefore their language is totally different. No similarity at all.
The baoule are matrilineal and the Bete Patrilinear.
For traditional attire the Baoule use Kente as most Akan and the Bete use Tapa or Raffia
Both are egalitarian societies I think however, in baoule societies there are kingdoms.
For most Kru ethnic group there are no kingdom, the go by Chefferie.
ok thanks for the information
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 26, 2012
9ja-m:
ok thanks for the information

anytime man smiley
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 2:15am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

Yea cuz we learn it from middle to high school, many people in Babi know at least the basic.
I love Nigerians too, you are very friendly and welcoming...I am planing to pass by Lagos one of these days, really interested to learn more about your culture.
ok coool, naija is a great country, it's not very different to your country!!
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 26, 2012
Chiefs from different ethnic groups

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 26, 2012
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:20am On Dec 26, 2012
9ja-m:
ok coool, naija is a great country, it's not very different to your country!!

aak ok, u mean the culture ain't that different ? or just generally speaking: environment, people attitude, activities, distractions...
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 2:22am On Dec 26, 2012
I visited yamousoukro and san pedro , I prefer san pedro it's a little abidjan, a small city but beautifull, yamousoukro was boring
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 2:25am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

aak ok, u mean the culture ain't that different ? or just generally speaking: environment, people attitude, activities, distractions...
culture and people attitude, the ivorians look like nigerian in their way of life plus there are many yoruba and hausa: some of this yoruba and hausa are ivorians or all of them come from nigeria
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 26, 2012
9ja-m:
I visited yamousoukro and san pedro , I prefer san pedro it's a little abidjan, a small city but beautifull, yamousoukro was boring

aha u r not the 1st person from who i heard that, i ve never been to Yamoussokro actually....but I ve been to san pedro, san perdro is very nice, and the beach is aweeesome, love it. I used to visit Bouake regularly as well before 2002, it was ok too

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 26, 2012
9ja-m:
culture and people attitude, the ivorians look like nigerian in their way of life plus there are many yoruba and hausa: some of this yoruba and hausa are ivorians or all of them come from nigeria

yea i see what u mean, i think generally in west africa we all have similar ways of life, dun think the diff is that big so it's understandable smiley

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 2:41am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

aha u r not the 1st person from who i heard that, i ve never been to Yamoussokro actually....but I ve been to san pedro, san perdro is very nice, and the beach is aweeesome, love it. I used to visit Bouake regularly as well before 2002, it was ok too
the beach in San Pedro just Wow, i never see that in Nigeria seriously and there many hotel and maquis in there, san pedro is ivorian cancun really but yamousoukro sorry, i didn't go to Bouake maybe the next time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past / When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain / Oba Elegushi’s 2nd Wife, Hadiza Steps Into The Palace 6 Months After Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.