Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday (8097 Views)

Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Kano Mass Wedding Saga,20 Turn Out HIV+,5 Pregnant / Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Nobody: 4:32am On Dec 20, 2012
When GEJ promises, he delivers:

Rasheed Bisiriyu

Fuel distribution is expected to improve as from next week when the Nigerian Railway Corporation resumes haulage of petroleum products from Lagos to the North.
The corporation has also announced that it will commence the operation of Lagos-Kano mass transit trains on Friday.
A statement by the corporation on Wednesday said its haulage of petroleum products would also start on Friday “with the newly acquired pressurised light-oil tank wagons.”
The Minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar, will inaugurate the two trains and is expected to ride with the Kano-bound passengers on the new mass transit train.
The corporation had early in the year acquired 20 pressurised tank wagons costing N600m as it prepared to go into the movement of petroleum products across the country.
According to the minister, the 20 wagons have the capacity to lift 900,000 litres of petroleum products, the equivalent of 27 road tankers.
By implication, Umar said once NRC commenced fuel haulage; it would remove the heavy burden on Nigerian roads.
“The pressurised tank wagons have safety protection measures and systems that give confidence and assurance that the products are secure and intact,” the statement added.
It also said that oil marketers and other domestic users would benefit from the bulk distribution of petroleum products by train.
The NRC said the Lagos-Kano mass transit train would leave Ebute Meta on Friday morning and arrive at the Kano station on Saturday morning.
It said, “The train will depart Lagos by 9am and will stop at major stations such as Abeokuta,Ibadan, Osogbo, Ilorin, Minna and Kaduna before it finally arrives its Kano terminal destination on Saturday morning.”
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nrc-resumes-lagos-kano-passenger-service-fuel-haulage-friday/

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 20, 2012
Few days ago, I opened a thread titled "Jonathan continues to impress" (referenced below) where I chronicled the works of the GEJ administration, including the massive rehabilitation and construction of rail lines. I stated among other things that the Lagos-Kano train services will begin on the 20th of this month based on the promise of the govt. In response, some 'retardinhos', SEE-NO-GOOD and HEAR-NO-GOOD mischief makers posted sarcastically "which country did all these happen"?
The announcement by NRC that the Lagos-Kano train service will commence tomorrow is a CONFIRMATION that some of us have been SINCERE and FORTHRIGHT in our comments. Those who have been paid to tell LIES shamelessly, who jump from pillar to post, working so hard to discredit whatever the GEJ has done or is doing, just to satisfy their power hungry masters in the opposition parties, should bow their heads in SHAME.
I must also state clearly, that I have never said GEJ has done enough neither I am celebrating whatever his govt is doing. Even as the govt is working very hard, there is still so much ground yet to be covered and room for improvement. But it is WICKED, DEVILISH, SATANIC and utterly DISGUSTING and REPREHENSIBLE to deny the so much work the govt is doing. It is my opinion that NO GOVT in the last 3 decades or as long as I can remember, had worked as hard as the current govt. If only the past govts did their bit, this govt would have atleast inherited a better country.
https://www.nairaland.com/1131976/jonathan-continues-impress

14 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 20, 2012
Few days ago, I opened a thread titled "Jonathan continues to impress" (referenced below) where I chronicled the works of the GEJ administration, including the massive rehabilitation and construction of rail lines. I stated among other things that the Lagos-Kano train services will begin on the 20th of this month based on the promise of the govt. In response, some 'retardinhos', SEE-NO-GOOD and HEAR-NO-GOOD mischief makers posted sarcastically "which country did all these happen"?
The announcement by NRC that the Lagos-Kano train service will commence tomorrow is a CONFIRMATION that some of us have been SINCERE and FORTHRIGHT in our comments. Those who have been paid to tell LIES shamelessly, who jump from pillar to post, working so hard to discredit whatever the GEJ has done or is doing, just to satisfy their power hungry masters in the opposition parties, should bow their heads in SHAME.
I must also state clearly, that I have never said GEJ has done enough neither I am celebrating whatever his govt is doing. Even as the govt is working very hard, there is still so much ground yet to be covered and room for improvement. But it is WICKED, DEVILISH, SATANIC and utterly DISGUSTING and REPREHENSIBLE to deny the so much work that this govt is doing. It is my opinion that NO GOVT in the last 3 decades or as long as I can remember, had worked as hard as the current govt. If only the past govts did their bit, this govt would have atlest inherited a better country.
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Akshow: 6:23am On Dec 20, 2012
@ poster stop the propaganda. This govt is the most inept and backward administration of all time.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Akshow: 6:24am On Dec 20, 2012
@ poster stop the propaganda. This govt is the most inept and backward administration of all time. Shikena
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by alabiyemmy(m): 8:39am On Dec 20, 2012
OP - nice one.
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Idokojimmy: 9:22am On Dec 20, 2012
This again is one of the numerous achievements of GEJ that deserves commendation. Thumbs up bro

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by jmaine: 9:31am On Dec 20, 2012
Akshow: @ poster stop the propaganda. This govt is the most inept and backward administration of all time. Shikena

What propaganda ? That this thread is false or what ?

Please enlighten us more

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 20, 2012
This is good, they should also fast track on electricity power reform.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by karlmax2: 9:32am On Dec 20, 2012
Akshow: @ poster stop the propaganda. This govt is the most inept and backward administration of all time. Shikena
shut up their I wish our past government was as inept as this. Are u not ashamed of urself an inept government has done what all the past president since buhari to obj put together can't achieve but an inept government did it in 2 years.u and ur likes can countinue in ur foolery on nairaland come 2015 ur likes would have no place to hide their face in shame.its a propoganda why don't u counter it with what is true retardinho

14 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Shine1177: 9:47am On Dec 20, 2012
Yes GEJ may not be meeting our aspiration but so far so good with the situation of insecurity in the country he's trying his bit.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by RickyRoss1(m): 9:47am On Dec 20, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Few days ago, I opened a thread titled "Jonathan continues to impress" (referenced below) where I chronicled the works of the GEJ administration, including the massive rehabilitation and construction of rail lines. I stated among other things that the Lagos-Kano train services will begin on the 20th of this month based on the promise of the govt. In response, some 'retardinhos', SEE-NO-GOOD and HEAR-NO-GOOD mischief makers posted sarcastically "which country did all these happen"?
I must also state clearly, that I have never said GEJ has done enough neither I am celebrating whatever his govt is doing. Even as the govt is working very hard, there is still so much ground yet to be covered and room for improvement. But it is WICKED, DEVILISH, SATANIC and utterly DISGUSTING and REPREHENSIBLE to deny the so much work that this govt is doing. It is my opinion that NO GOVT in the last 3 decades or as long as I can remember, had worked as hard as the current govt. If only the past govts did their bit, this govt would have atlest inherited a better country.

Indeed GEJ is trying, please bro continue to feed us on all these developments.
Do not allow these animalss piss you off, they can jump into river niger if they are not happy with your post of GEJ achievements.
Even with boko haram menace, GEJ is doing better than Obasanjo who happens to be the ugliest and MOST CORRUPT president ever.
Obasanja stole 16 Billion dollars just for IPP alone, he didnt generate any single kilo watts...

MARK MY WORDS AND BOOKMARK THIS POST.. ONCE GEJ FIXES THE ELECTRICITY WAHALA YOU WOULD SEE THESE APESS COMING OUT IN THEIR DOZENS TO CLAIM IT WAS ONE PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT THAT DID THE UNDERGROUND WORK,THEY MUST FIND A WAY TO RUBBISH GEJ, MEANWHILE, GEJ IS DOING WHAT THEIR DEMI GODS COULDN'T DO...

Pls bro dont take these bunch of cowards serious, and do not worry if they call me laptop member, I do not care. GEJ has paid me 25 million dollars to make this post

16 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by RickyRoss1(m): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2012
karl max: shut up their I wish our past government was as inept as this. Are u not ashamed of urself an inept government has done what all the past president since buhari to obj put together can't achieve but an inept government did it in 2 years.u and ur likes can countinue in ur foolery on nairaland come 2015 ur likes would have no place to hide their face in shame.its a propoganda why don't u counter it with what is true retardinho

GOD BLESS YOU. ELECTRICITY IS MUCH BETTER NOW THAN EVER BEFORE, GEJ IS FIXING ALL OUR MAJOR AIRPORTS THAN NO OTHER PRESIDENT HAS EVER ATTEMPTED. GEJ IS FIXING THE RAILWAYS THAN NO OTHER PRESIDENT. GEJ IS NOT DOING BADLY, THOSE WHO THINK OTHERWISE SHOULD EITHER HUG A TRANSFORMER OR JUMP INTO RIVER NIGER.

GEJ HAS PAID ME 25 MILLION DOLLARS TO MAKE THIS POST.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by GARRIx7(m): 10:03am On Dec 20, 2012

Guy abeg face the topic!!! Tomorrow, go and check if the trains will actually move. If the trains start operation, then kudos to GEJ and his team for a job well done. If not, feel free to launch ur verbal attack on GEJ and his propagandists...
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by ujchief(m): 10:21am On Dec 20, 2012
karl max: shut up their I wish our past government was as inept as this. Are u not ashamed of urself an inept government has done what all the past president since buhari to obj put together can't achieve but an inept government did it in 2 years.u and ur likes can countinue in ur foolery on nairaland come 2015 ur likes would have no place to hide their face in shame.its a propoganda why don't u counter it with what is true retardinho
lol... I once read a thread where someone was listing ibb's achievments, need i say they were landslide achievments: 3rd mainland bridge, refinery, Fct and so many other great stuffs. Do we list ibb as the best? Nope! Inasmuch as he built a refinery, a feat that even its planing has eluded Gej. What Gej is after is how to ferry petroleum products inter-state.
A train line is great, but it just represents a near zero percentage of what is expected of him.
@sincere 9jrian, i will believe ur sincerity when, after enlightening us on the achievments of Gej, u open threads of how corruption is eating deep into the fabric of our country.
Start threads on how Gej is encouraging corruption, with emphasis on the following keypoints; 1) chukwuemeka wogu and his 'Pinnacle contractors company' that scamed us of N2.1 bil subsidy funds and why Gej stil retains him in his cabinet, even appointing him to head the white paper committee on Ribadu report.
2) Godspower Orubebe, his $50k bribe of save nigeria group and his Mabushi contract.
3) Attorney General, his transper of N65 bil into his account, and the oil bloc deal OPL 245.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by 80million1: 11:09am On Dec 20, 2012
*speechless*
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Orpelin: 11:09am On Dec 20, 2012
When would Nigerian begin to differentiate between Political Statements, Propaganda , Realities, Facts when it come to Nigeria politic as at today.
Does that mean nor of us here live around any of the Nigerian railway terminal station in the country to ascertain the level of progress work??
I have not seen any MAJOR rehabilitation work around kano railway terminal station during my open-ended-tour around kano city metropolis.
We are not far from next week to see for ourselves the commencement of the operation of Lagos-Kano mass transit trains on Friday and also its haulage of petroleum products would also start on Friday “with the newly acquired pressurised light-oil tank wagons.”
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 20, 2012
Ugbo Oloko

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 20, 2012
LAGOS - KANO. MASS TRANSIT & FUEL-HAULAGE TRANSIT BIGINS FRIDAY I thought the WORLD will END on FRIDAY ? what is the use then ?
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Hailedin9ja: 11:23am On Dec 20, 2012
It said, “The train will depart Lagos by 9am and will stop at major stations such as Abeokuta,Ibadan, Osogbo, Ilorin, Minna and Kaduna before it finally arrives its Kano terminal destination on Saturday morning.”

A journey of Lagos to Ilorin is 12 hours minimum. My cousin traveled of recent by rail. Lagos to Kano may be 48 hours.

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:25am On Dec 20, 2012
Can we at least see some pictures of the train nor the tracks ?
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Noblechyk: 11:27am On Dec 20, 2012
Akshow: @ poster stop the propaganda. This govt is the most inept and backward administration of all time.
U need mental evaluation.
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Papishi(m): 11:32am On Dec 20, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: When GEJ promises, he delivers:

The NRC said the Lagos-Kano mass transit train would leave Ebute Meta on Friday morning and arrive at the Kano station on Saturday morning.
It said, “The train will depart Lagos by 9am and will stop at major stations such as Abeokuta,Ibadan, Osogbo, Ilorin, Minna and Kaduna before it finally arrives its Kano terminal destination on Saturday morning.”/
Anoda Boko Haram's target.
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by item1: 11:33am On Dec 20, 2012
Mcdugull: LAGOS - KANO. MASS TRANSIT & FUEL-HAULAGE TRANSIT BIGINS FRIDAY I thought the WORLD will END on FRIDAY ? what is the use then ?

[size=20pt]Bros you still have choice. When the train moves tomorrow simply go and stand in front of it. The world will surely end 4 you[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Josh316(m): 11:34am On Dec 20, 2012
“The train will depart Lagos by 9am and will stop at major stations such as Abeokuta,Ibadan, Osogbo, Ilorin, Minna and Kaduna before it finally arrives its Kano terminal destination on Saturday morning

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is this a 1940 steam engine train or what Anyone who celebrates this mediocrity needs a psychiatric evaluation! in an era where trains cut the time of road travel by 50%, Our Nigerian trains are doubling the transit time.... HELL NO!!!!! grin
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by earthgreeners(m): 11:39am On Dec 20, 2012
***LWKMD***
Tomorrow na friday ooooo!!! I sure say person wey dey go australia @ same time go don bath, sleep, shop before ur GEJ train reach Kano

@Sincere 9jerian, please where is the lost pope?, he is yet to comment like ur other boys jmaine, Ricky_ross, alabiyemmy, Karl max.....

I would rather ride a Bicycle to Kano....hahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by onyewec3: 11:41am On Dec 20, 2012
As GEJ's 40 man laptop,he has tried more than any Nigerian leader so far.GEJ,may u continue to be president of Nigeria.we love you and will continue to.anybody wey no like GEJ,make him go die..I love GEJ and will vote for him come 2015
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Papishi(m): 11:41am On Dec 20, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Guy abeg face the topic!!! Tomorrow, go and check if the trains will actually move. If the trains start operation, then kudos to GEJ and his team for a job well done. If not, feel free to launch ur verbal attack on GEJ and his propagandists...

Shat up there, the one wey Obasanjo move from Lagos to Ota in 2006 move again? Or #AreYouALearner ?
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by najoke: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Few days ago, I opened a thread titled "Jonathan continues to impress" (referenced below) where I chronicled the works of the GEJ administration, including the massive rehabilitation and construction of rail lines. I stated among other things that the Lagos-Kano train services will begin on the 20th of this month based on the promise of the govt. In response, some 'retardinhos', SEE-NO-GOOD and HEAR-NO-GOOD mischief makers posted sarcastically "which country did all these happen"?
I must also state clearly, that I have never said GEJ has done enough neither I am celebrating whatever his govt is doing. Even as the govt is working very hard, there is still so much ground yet to be covered and room for improvement. But it is WICKED, DEVILISH, SATANIC and utterly DISGUSTING and REPREHENSIBLE to deny the so much work the govt is doing. It is my opinion that NO GOVT in the last 3 decades or as long as I can remember, had worked as hard as the current govt. If only the past govts did their bit, this govt would have atleast inherited a better country.

u r right bros,we also wanted you to highlight his other achievement like
150 seater banquet hall at N2.1b
VP's house at N2.2b

as you said "it is WICKED, DEVILISH, SATANIC and utterly DISGUSTING and REPREHENSIBLE to deny the so much work the govt is doing."

for me the above mentioned project are exactly what Nigerians need

Mtcheeeeew

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Lastuff007(m): 11:44am On Dec 20, 2012
The said Friday is in a day's time , then if we didn't see d image of d promised train den d poster and his cohorts should bury their head in shame
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by AZeD1(m): 11:45am On Dec 20, 2012
In 2012, GEJ achievement is a train ride from Lagos to Kano and the OP along with his goons are rejoicing. Mediocrity is a disease.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Smooyis(m): 11:54am On Dec 20, 2012
They should keep up the gud work

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

United Nations Is Supporting Biafra / Enyimba Industrial City: Abia Seeks Presidential Approval / Court Denies Agba Jalingo Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.