Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Any Publisher Interested In Publishing My Manuscript Tagged 'the Conflict"?? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Any Publisher Interested In Publishing My Manuscript Tagged 'the Conflict"?? (624 Views)

Money 4 Publishing My Book / Get Paid: Submiting Your Manuscript To Nigerian Publisher Nationwide / Publishing My Book: Do I Need An Agent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Publisher Interested In Publishing My Manuscript Tagged 'the Conflict"?? by onosking(m): 11:05am On Dec 20, 2012
Hello Nlanders,
THIS IS A BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE BOOK...

"Abigodi is a community where tradition is sacrosanct and any perceived changed is challenged; especially by the elders.The tradition required Arigo,the oletu and elders of the Okiemute family whose turn it was to receive fish from the dreaded Ikporoku Pond and to die shortly afterwards after eating it.He began to find ways to avoid the harvest of the pond.
He went to meet his friend,a medicine man at Ugbo village for solution but he was advised to go on exile if he must avoid certain death.He refused to go home after he left his friend's place but instead decided to use his absence from home to impress upon the community how very important he was to the survival of the community.
Not satisfied with the advice of his friend,he joined the Christian Assembly in order to avoid his traditional responsibility as the Okiemute family head.
Meanwhile,Arigo's junior wife left home with her children to Emekor,her mother's village where she and the man who competed unsuccessfully with her husband to marry her became lovers,having regular sessions of love making.
The fear of the traditional gods of the community was destroyed during the construction project when the sacrifices offered by the priest at the site of the new road was destroyed by Thomas,the old soldier when he stepped on it with his boot and didn't die as was expected.The akelikpe bird finally arrived and perched at the Otiko shrine and the Pond was harvested but there was no fish in it to send to Arigo to commence the count to his eventual death.'

YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON:rickymartins28@yahoo.com
mobile:08025951086
looking forward to hearing from u frnds!
sty blessed!

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Greatest Amongst / Did He Go Too Far??? / Beyond The Rainbow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.